PDA

View Full Version : call me crazy...

Big Pimp_21
05-31-2005, 04:24 PM
But I'm kinda glad they lost last night. For one, the break between WCF and NBA Finals won't be so long and there's less of a chance for a sluggish start. Secondly, the loss got them back down to reality. I think heads would have been huge going into the finals after sweeping the "best team in the league". With home court in the finals, we can't really afford a slow start against either the Heat or the Pistons. This loss and Duncan's below average night will be just what we need to get fired up and stay focused.

ObiwanGinobili
05-31-2005, 04:25 PM
way to keep the atmosphere positive dude!

thispego
good point

Kori Ellis
Crazy.

MadDog73
That's a unique take. I like it. Now, if we lose Game 5, not as much....

AZLouis
05-31-2005, 04:26 PM
That's why I'm glad the Suns gave the Spurs a 3-0 lead. They didn't want to be overconfident when playing the Heat in the Finals.

They already had that big layoff when waiting for the Mavs. Another layoff wouldn't have helped while they are healthy.

The Suns used their games 1-3 below par games to get fired up and focused too.

Rick Von Braun
05-31-2005, 04:26 PM
Crazy

Big Pimp_21
05-31-2005, 04:27 PM
Crazy.

thanks

nkdlunch
05-31-2005, 04:27 PM
That's why I'm glad the Suns gave the Spurs a 3-0 lead.

:lol

MiNuS
05-31-2005, 04:28 PM
ok

the glass is 3/4 full ir 1/4 empty?

Unleash the Manu!

ObiwanGinobili
05-31-2005, 04:28 PM
That's why I'm glad the Suns gave the Spurs a 3-0 lead. They didn't want to be overconfident when playing the Heat in the Finals.

They already had that big layoff when waiting for the Mavs. Another layoff wouldn't have helped while they are healthy.

The Suns used their games 1-3 below par games to get fired up and focused too.

:rolleyes
riiiggghhhhhhhhttttt.

SWC Bonfire
05-31-2005, 04:30 PM
Sometimes as a team you need a reality check so that you don't believe all your own press.

Solid D
05-31-2005, 04:32 PM
It's not exactly a unique take since there was a thread dealing with the negative side of a sweep and getting too much time to wait on the Eastern Conf. winner, but it's looking at things on the bright side.

It's one of those things that you don't know the loss' impact on the Spurs, positive or negative, until more time passes. It might serve as a bellows to the fire to harden the sword and make it more able to withstand the final battle.

MiNuS
05-31-2005, 04:37 PM
It's not exactly a unique take since there was a thread dealing with the negative side of a sweep and getting too much time to wait on the Eastern Conf. winner, but it's looking at things on the bright side.

It's one of those things that you don't know the loss' impact on the Spurs, positive or negative, until more time passes. It might serve as a bellows to the fire to harden the sword and make it more able to withstand the final battle.

what? What you talkin' bout Willis?

SWC Bonfire
05-31-2005, 04:38 PM
It might serve as a bellows to the fire to harden the sword and make it more able to withstand the final battle.

That is one awesome analogy, Solid D is the poet of spurstalk. However, the metalurgical nerds will explain that high heat will anneal and soften a metal by allowing the size of the grains of metal to expand.

I can't help myself. I'm sorry, Solid D. Nice take, notwithstanding.