PDA

View Full Version : Boehner: If Jobs Are Lost As A Result Of GOP Spending Cuts 'So Be It'

fraga
02-16-2011, 10:25 AM
Well at least they're being honest about it...

Article. (http://tpmdc.talkingpointsmemo.com/2011/02/boehner-if-jobs-are-lost-as-a-result-of-gop-spending-cuts-so-be-it.php#)

Wild Cobra
02-16-2011, 10:29 AM
Subsidizing jobs is making the subsidizers hurt.

George Gervin's Afro
02-16-2011, 10:55 AM

Will he then stop asking, "where are the jobs mr president?"

Wild Cobra
02-16-2011, 11:10 AM
Will he then stop asking, "where are the jobs mr president?"
It's a taunt reminding the president he cannot create jobs.

ElNono
02-16-2011, 11:11 AM

But subsidizing oil is not?

coyotes_geek
02-16-2011, 11:14 AM
However much spending cuts would hurt, austerity would hurt much more.

Wild Cobra
02-16-2011, 11:27 AM
But subsidizing oil is not?
I am not in favor of oil subsidies, corn subsidies, etc.

Why are you trying to change the argument?

Start a new thread please, if you wish to go there.

CosmicCowboy
02-16-2011, 12:40 PM
I agree. tough shit.

Just a few weeks ago the libs in here were justifying the higher than average federal salaries and benefits because "they were smarter and better qualified" than equivalent private sector workers. If so, they should have no problem finding new jobs.

boutons_deux
02-16-2011, 01:35 PM
"average federal salaries and benefits because "they were smarter and better qualified" than equivalent private sector workers."

Still spouting that lie? it was thoroughly debunked.

Stringer_Bell
02-16-2011, 06:29 PM
So Boehner wants to put more people on unemployment? Well, so be it! *and Boehner made it so*

coyotes_geek
02-16-2011, 06:37 PM
So Boehner wants to put more people on unemployment? Well, so be it! *and Boehner made it so*

According to Nancy Pelosi unemployment benefits stimulate the economy, so there's nothing to worry about.

Stringer_Bell
02-16-2011, 06:43 PM
According to Nancy Pelosi unemployment benefits stimulate the economy, so there's nothing to worry about.

Nancy Pelosi stimulates my bowels.

coyotes_geek
02-16-2011, 07:16 PM
nancy pelosi stimulates my bowels.

Don't ask, don't tell.

ElNono
02-16-2011, 07:29 PM
I am not in favor of oil subsidies, corn subsidies, etc.

Why are you trying to change the argument?

Start a new thread please, if you wish to go there.

I'm not changing the argument, obviously. We're talking about subsidies hurting the subsidizers. That would include all subsidies.

I'll take your point you're against oil and corn subsidy, thanks.

DarrinS
02-16-2011, 08:28 PM
It would be nice to be a fed employee, especially in California.

DesignatedT
02-16-2011, 09:21 PM

:lol

Wild Cobra
02-17-2011, 11:17 AM
I'm not changing the argument, obviously. We're talking about subsidies hurting the subsidizers. That would include all subsidies.

I'll take your point you're against oil and corn subsidy, thanks.
And others.

Can you think of a subsidy I like?

Wild Cobra
02-17-2011, 11:21 AM
"average federal salaries and benefits because "they were smarter and better qualified" than equivalent private sector workers."

Still spouting that lie? it was thoroughly debunked.
Thing is, I'm pretty sure the equivalent private sector jobs pays more. I think you are missing the argument.

The average government job pays more than the average private sector job.

boutons_deux
02-17-2011, 11:26 AM
"average government job pays more than the average private sector job"

You Lie

Not when corrected for years of service and education.

Even if Your Lie were true, your position is that govt workers need to have their incomes cut rather than private sector workers getting their fair piece of the American Dream with higher incomes and benefits.

Since St Ronnie, average household real income has stagnated, productivity is up, while the superwealthy pockets all the gains.

Your position is basically: Govt workers should share in getting fucked over like private employees.

Winehole23
02-17-2011, 11:41 AM
Your position is basically: Govt workers should share in getting fucked over like private employees.Seems a fair nutshell of WC's take to me. That's really all you needed to say.

The rest of your post was boilerplate. Dross, more or less.

(Less is more, dude.)

Wild Cobra
02-17-2011, 11:52 AM
You Lie

Not when corrected for years of service and education.
Corrected for years of service and education?

WTF?

Most government jobs are white collar desk jobs. Executives in US corporations get paid quite well and have great benefits packages. It's only some equivalent jobs that the public sector gets paid more than the private sector.

Even if Your Lie were true, your position is that govt workers need to have their incomes cut rather than private sector workers getting their fair piece of the American Dream with higher incomes and benefits.
You don't know what my argument is, so you make one up.

God... You are such a loser.

I am only correcting your false statement.

Since St Ronnie, average household real income has stagnated, productivity is up, while the superwealthy pockets all the gains.
Hmmmm....

Seems to me it has been doing that all my life. It has occurred before president Reagan, and after. It's a trend that occurs regardless who is in office.

Your position is basically: Govt workers should share in getting fucked over like private employees.
No...

My position is that the gravy train is over. They have to realize that we are running low of tax payers who are not government employees.

Winehole23
02-17-2011, 12:03 PM
Bogus denial. That's plain agreement, WC.

boutons_deux
02-17-2011, 12:39 PM
"My position is that the gravy train is over. "

You position that the govt employees are on a gravy is bullshit.

Private employees

And you don't mention why your bogus "gravy train" is over.

The UCA capitalists and corps have run the country, even the planet, into the shitter.

RandomGuy
02-17-2011, 01:19 PM
Well at least they're being honest about it...

Article. (http://tpmdc.talkingpointsmemo.com/2011/02/boehner-if-jobs-are-lost-as-a-result-of-gop-spending-cuts-so-be-it.php#)

Unless of course those jobs are in his district. Then his chickenshit ass will just vote to "abstain".

Boner abstained from a vote that would cut funding for a second engine for the JSF. Yes, the company providing that engine is in his district.

RandomGuy
02-17-2011, 01:22 PM
Thing is, I'm pretty sure the equivalent private sector jobs pays more. I think you are missing the argument.

The average government job pays more than the average private sector job.

That is because the average government job requires a greater skillset and knowledge base than the average private sector job.

Such statements are misleading at best, beacuse it leaves out half the truth.

When one starts comparing actual equivalent jobs, the differences tend to disappear.

(edit)

This seems to have already been hashed out.

Not sure what your point is.????

ElNono
02-17-2011, 02:24 PM
Can you think of a subsidy I like?

I'm no miss cleo, sorry.

TeyshaBlue
02-17-2011, 02:29 PM
I'm no miss cleo, sorry.

:depressed