PDA

View Full Version : This Spurs team is the best I've seen since the 2010-2011 Patriots

Pelicans78
02-16-2011, 05:36 PM
Efficient offense, underrated defense, history of winning big games. They're stacked!!!!

Kyle Orton
02-16-2011, 05:40 PM
I don't see the comparison. The 2010 Patriots were fucked if Tom Brady didn't have an MVP performance every week while the 2010-2011 Spurs don't require a great performance out of any particular player every night.

LnGrrrR
02-16-2011, 05:42 PM
Fail thread is fail. The Pats D wasn't that great when it wasn't getting turnovers, as evidenced in the playoffs. Our 3rd down percentage sucked all year.

This thread would work better if you said 2007 Pats. Might want to edit it to reflect that.

Kyle Orton
02-16-2011, 05:43 PM
yeah the Pats' D became grossly overrated towards the end of the season (even though I still think it performed as good as it could have against the Jets and that loss is primarily on Brady), it wasn't underrated by any stretch of the imagination.

Cry Havoc
02-16-2011, 05:47 PM
Pretty sure this is a joke, since the 2010-2011 Patriots have only existed for about 9 months and didn't win a playoff game. Being the best team in sports for 9 months is decent but not thread-worthy unless you're giving them a back-handed compliment. :lol

resistanze
02-16-2011, 05:50 PM
Pretty sure this is a joke, since the 2010-2011 Patriots have only existed for about 9 months and didn't win a playoff game. Being the best team in sports for 9 months is decent but not thread-worthy unless you're giving them a back-handed compliment. :lol

Yeah, I assumed this was a jab at the Spurs.

LnGrrrR
02-16-2011, 05:50 PM

I'm 137% sure that it's a backhanded compliment. :lol

And DoK, I do think Brady/coaching was as much to blame in that game as our D. Just kinda sucked in all phases.

jjktkk
02-16-2011, 05:52 PM
So the Spurs have been the best team for about a month? Wheres the trophy? :lol

Kyle Orton
02-16-2011, 06:02 PM
And DoK, I do think Brady/coaching was as much to blame in that game as our D. Just kinda sucked in all phases.

Yeah I'm still a fan of O'Brien getting promoted to offensive coordinator. It was only his 2nd season as play caller and it was way better than his first season calling plays/any season where McDaniels called plays. The one thing I'm really critical of was him not sending Hernandez/Gronk up the seem more when the Jets had everyone up in the box close to the LOS. The one time he did Gronk had a 30+ yard reception. He'll learn from the mistakes he made (not starting BJGE, randomly trying to make Crumpler a receiving threat, overusing Woodhead/Welker, expecting Connolly and Koppen not to suck, etc.). One thing I blame Brady for and not him were the empty backfield shotgun formations on 3rd and 1, he constantly whines about how he's more comfortable in the shotgun.

DMC
02-16-2011, 06:35 PM
Efficient offense, underrated defense, history of winning big games. They're stacked!!!!
Piss poor troll.

You are saying that, because the Pats didn't make it far in post season play, the Spurs won't.

Worry about your allegiances to whatever third world franchise you are supporting this week and gtfo.

frodo
02-16-2011, 06:39 PM
patriots c'mon dats not even a basketball team, irrelevant comparison mayne

frodo
02-16-2011, 06:40 PM
Piss poor troll.

You are saying that, because the Pats didn't make it far in post season play, the Spurs won't.

Worry about your allegiances to whatever third world franchise you are supporting this week and gtfo.

da 3rd world doesn't concern him no more nigga been outta dat shithold already, niggas an immigrant and hes happy wit hiz american life

ohmwrecker
02-16-2011, 06:41 PM
What's with all the Spurs/Patriots comparisons lately? I hate the Patriots.

LnGrrrR
02-16-2011, 06:43 PM
The one thing I'm really critical of was him not sending Hernandez/Gronk up the seem more when the Jets had everyone up in the box close to the LOS. The one time he did Gronk had a 30+ yard reception.

Yeah, watching the game I kept wondering where the double TE sets were. There was an article saying that there were a few TE sets that were ineffective, but I didn't see the same thing while watching.

One thing I blame Brady for and not him were the empty backfield shotgun formations on 3rd and 1, he constantly whines about how he's more comfortable in the shotgun.

Glad you mentioned that. I absolutely can't stand the shotgun on 3rd and short, and it seems like we do it all the f'ing time. Pisses me off every time I see it.

jjktkk
02-16-2011, 07:04 PM
What's with all the Spurs/Patriots comparisons lately? I hate the Patriots.

Trying to make the regular season champs comparison?

DMC
02-16-2011, 07:06 PM
da 3rd world doesn't concern him no more nigga been outta dat shithold already, niggas an immigrant and hes happy wit hiz american life

Shithold?

stfu

DMC
02-16-2011, 07:07 PM
3rd and short should always be a running play or a quarterback sneak.
In JV maybe.

LOL team change, same loser.

Pelicans78
02-16-2011, 07:17 PM
Piss poor troll.

I've trolled DMC again. Mission accomplished.

ohmwrecker
02-16-2011, 07:22 PM
Trying to make the regular season champs comparison?

I've heard it a few times lately. I'm a Raiders fan and I've hated the Patriots ever since the '02 "tuck rule" snow bowl.

#41 Shoot Em Up
02-16-2011, 07:22 PM

:lol Keep up the good work lil nigga :toast

DMC
02-16-2011, 07:25 PM
:lol Keep up the good work lil nigga :toast

LOL if you ever called a black man "lil nigga" to his face he would stuff you up the ass of that camel you rode in here on.

DMC
02-16-2011, 07:26 PM

Actually you didn't. I called out your troll and didn't address your "point" at all.

You even fail at trolling.

:lmao

#41 Shoot Em Up
02-16-2011, 07:29 PM

:lol

Pelicans78
02-16-2011, 07:33 PM
Actually you didn't. I called out your troll and didn't address your "point" at all.

You even fail at trolling.

:lmao

Got you to respond. :lol You just can't help yourself. You're like a pedo in a daycare center.

Roddy Beaubois
02-16-2011, 07:35 PM
mavsfanssincethebeggining78 with the goods