PDA

View Full Version : Nets re-open discussion for Carmelo

Mr.Bottomtooth
02-16-2011, 07:10 PM
Nets resume talks for Anthony
By Adrian Wojnarowski, Yahoo! Sports

Less than a month after the New Jersey Nets pulled out of trade talks, the Denver Nuggets have re-engaged the Nets in discussions on a blockbuster deal for Carmelo Anthony(notes), league sources told Yahoo! Sports.

One source described talks as “progressing” and said they have been ongoing between Denver and New Jersey officials over a week. While the precise package being discussed was unclear, sources said talks have centered on a scaled-down package that still includes rookie forward Derrick Favors(notes) and draft picks.

What also is unknown is whether Anthony has agreed to accept a three-year, $65 million extension with New Jersey if the Nuggets and Nets work out an agreement.

The New York Knicks have been firmly engaged in talks with Denver, but haven’t come close to an agreement on a package of players and picks for Anthony. Anthony has expressed his preference to play for New York, but also is determined to get a deal done before the Feb. 24 trade deadline to ensure the contract extension.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=aw-anthonynets021611

Killakobe81
02-16-2011, 07:38 PM
NJ gets him and the Knicks coulda had him last week they are dumb ...

Pelicans78
02-16-2011, 07:40 PM
NJ gets him and the Knicks coulda had him last week they are dumb ...

Lakers could get him too. Is Bynum really worth it?

Killakobe81
02-16-2011, 07:43 PM
Lakers could get him too. Is Bynum really worth it?

I dont believe a deal was ever real ...Why would Melo move further from his dream destination? And would lakers swallow the $65 million extension. If he accepted $17 million (bynum's salary) then it would be different ...

That being said i would of done the trade but I understand why the Lakers would not (if real)

Ghazi
02-16-2011, 07:44 PM
Melo to Big D :smokin

#41 Shoot Em Up
02-16-2011, 07:46 PM
Will be so glad when this shit is over

Pelicans78
02-16-2011, 07:47 PM
I dont believe a deal was ever real ...Why would Melo move further from his dream destination? And would lakers swallow the $65 million extension. If he accepted $17 million (bynum's salary) then it would be different ...

That being said i would of done the trade but I understand why the Lakers would not (if real)

Yeah I don't think Lakers would fork over the 65 million. Not even sure if he's worth it.

I think Howard and CP3 will try to pair up somewhere. Seems like a good combo. CP3 isn't worth the max contract in NOLA. He's a good number two.

Pelicans78
02-16-2011, 07:48 PM
Melo to Big D :smokin

TC, Dirk, Melo, Roddy, CP3

Mugen
02-16-2011, 07:52 PM
TC, Dirk, Melo, Roddy, CP3

that team would be fuckin money if the NBA went to a buckets system.

Darthkiller
02-16-2011, 08:52 PM
cbs just reported it was denver who reached out to the nets, very little talk is going on.

hmm, sounds like denver is trying to scare the knicks again, im tired of this shit already, wake me up when it's deadlne