PDA

View Full Version : Pickup Ball

MannyIsGod
05-31-2005, 06:11 PM
Hey, does anyone know where I can find some decent outdoor games around town? I'd rather avoid places where people try to recreate And 1 moves and actualy play ball.

Kori Ellis
05-31-2005, 06:16 PM
Schnabel Park?

King
05-31-2005, 06:49 PM
Hey, does anyone know where I can find some decent outdoor games around town? I'd rather avoid places where people try to recreate And 1 moves and actualy play ball.

Good luck finding that anywhere.

I can tell you not to go to Bradley MS.

nacho estrada
05-31-2005, 07:07 PM
Yup, like Kori said O.P Schnabel Park off Bandera inside 1604 about 3 miles down is a good place. Its actually where I frequent most Saturdays. From 9am til about 12 or 1 is a good run. Not sure about any other days/nights but I wouldnt see a reason for it not to be a pretty popular spot.

MannyIsGod
05-31-2005, 09:14 PM
Cool! I'll have to check out OP this saturday in the morning.

And just to add, we'll be playing at Trinity late nights in again in about a month.

King
05-31-2005, 09:23 PM
What time is late nights, and about how many people go? I've gone there once before, and there were a ton of people on like three courts.

MannyIsGod
05-31-2005, 09:44 PM
Well, we'll be playing after 10. And the only people there should be the people I know in the Trinity Police Dept, and whoever comes from Spurstalk. We had a couple of nights with a shitload of people from here, but I have a feeling it'll be less this time around. Maybe enough to run 5's with a few sitting.

Yeah, I used to love playing there at night when the students played, but my old roomate John got shifts switched and coulnd't always get us in.

PM5K
05-31-2005, 09:49 PM
I also play at OP sometimes, it's a nice little spot. There are two courts, one is NBA sized more or less and one is much smaller, don't know if it's high school or what but it's smaller and that's where everyone plays.

I normally would care but since I'm so out of shape I don't complain. It's also got a lot of trees nearby so there's decent shade near the court and sometimes on the court.

If anyone from here sees me say hi, I drive a 99 Jeep Grand Cherokee with a big black brush guard on the front, it's silver and black (Go Figure)

And yes there are generally a good ammount of people running, I was going weekdays and if I'd get there by 4:15 people were just getting there, if you got there by 4:45 you'd be waiting four or five back to get next, but I can't speak for how it is now since it's summer, it was normally a mix of high schoolers, and adults..

E20
05-31-2005, 10:37 PM
Venice Beach?

kris
05-31-2005, 10:48 PM
Eisenhower middle school has some decent games on Sundays at about 4. Basic same group of 15-20 guys.

SouthernFried
05-31-2005, 10:51 PM
I usta play a lotta outdoor ball. Bradley, Eisenhower, and another middle school at corner of Huebner and Jackson Keller. OakHaven Park off Thousand Oaks was good too. I usta play at Trinity when I was going there, but I'm no longer at Trinity and the Security police would chase everyone off.

I prolly wouldn't mind playing some outdoor ball again, just to get in shape and get some sun. Dunno if I can handle a lotta kids and gangbangers tho, which is why I joined a gym with courts. If there's a game with some old school type players I'd love to know about it. I've always preferred half-court ball...dunno if there's anywhere they play it tho.