coyotes_geek
02-16-2011, 10:16 PM
http://capal.de/haha_nelson.jpg

K-State Spur
lol, clublakers crashed...

DesignatedT
Looks like Spurs/Mavs WCF. should be a fun one.

spurs1990
02-16-2011, 10:19 PM
We better not lose to them next week.

Dex
02-16-2011, 10:19 PM
lol 9 games back

honestfool84
02-16-2011, 10:22 PM
oh. my. gosh.

now i'm just worried the Lakers losing too much ground on the Spurs and meeting them in the second round... and us having to play the Mavs as well in the WCF.

DesignatedT
02-16-2011, 10:23 PM
oh. my. gosh.

now i'm just worried the Lakers losing too much ground on the Spurs and meeting them in the second round... and us having to play the Mavs as well in the WCF.

lakers are garbage. doesn't matter.

edgar
02-16-2011, 10:23 PM
George Lopez will not be happy :nope

http://gossiponthis.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/lakerscavs8.jpg

Rather.Unique
02-16-2011, 10:24 PM
lol, I'm a Spurs fan living in Ohio, i just gotta say...daaaaaamn. :lol

ChumpDumper
02-16-2011, 10:24 PM
Say it the existing thread.

but lol lakers

Rather.Unique
02-16-2011, 10:25 PM
i didn't see the existing thread, sorry.

silverblk mystix
02-16-2011, 10:27 PM
...expecting a lot of laker bandwaggoners to try and jump on the spurs bandwagon...

the wagon will be full...

TD 21
02-16-2011, 10:28 PM

No, it's still going to be Spurs/Lakers. And I hope it is. I want the Spurs to be the ones to end their run . . . again.

The lack of a go to perimeter scorer/creator will ultimately do the Mavs in. But they'll push them like no team has in the West since they acquired Gasol . . . until they face the Spurs, that is.

Sec24Row7
02-16-2011, 10:30 PM
The best thing about it is... their next game isn't until TUESDAY!!!

They are going to have to answer questions about this game for a week...

During the All Star Break... IN LA... where you can't hide all the role players and non-all stars... they are going to have a Mic in their face asked these questions at all the events ALL WEEK!!!!

AHAHAHAHAHAHA

honestfool84
02-16-2011, 10:31 PM
^^ :lmao

awktalk
02-16-2011, 10:34 PM

During the All Star Break... IN LA... where you can't hide all the role players and non-all stars... they are going to have a Mic in their face asked these questions at all the events ALL WEEK!!!!

AHAHAHAHAHAHA

Pop should play Pau and Kome 40+ and give them the mic after the "meaningless game"

Spurologist
02-16-2011, 10:38 PM

AHAHAHAHAHAHA

:lmao

Automated response for them: "It's not a playoff game"

VI_Massive
02-16-2011, 10:38 PM
Delightful that they lost, but ultimately meaningless. If you're not still scared of the Lakers in the playoffs, you're nuts.

Here's a more interesting question: What's more scary, a Lakers team that hits the playoffs after struggling through the regular season and has "faced adversity" or a Lakers team that hits the playoffs having coasted through the regular season without any serious challenges or adversity?

JR3
02-16-2011, 10:40 PM
happy happy joy joy

lefty
02-16-2011, 10:41 PM
The Lakers don't scare me

The Mavs do

DesignatedT
02-16-2011, 10:42 PM
No, it's still going to be Spurs/Lakers. And I hope it is. I want the Spurs to be the ones to end their run . . . again.

The lack of a go to perimeter scorer/creator will ultimately do the Mavs in. But they'll push them like no team has in the West since they acquired Gasol . . . until they face the Spurs, that is.

Roddy B's return (although exaggerated) will still put the Mavs over LA IMO. I'm going Spurs/Mavs WCF

DesignatedT
02-16-2011, 10:42 PM
The Lakers don't scare me

The Mavs do

I feel the same way.

KaiRMD1
02-16-2011, 10:43 PM
Lakers lost to the Cavs, they are no longer a threat to ANYBODY.

Mavs are now on the radar so it will be Mavs vs Spurs WCF.

Sec24Row7
02-16-2011, 10:45 PM
They were "coasting" in 2003 too remember? They were a 3-peat champion that knew exactly when to turn it on... and the Spurs Exposed them... and then had a tougher battle vs the Mavs... and a tougher one still against the Nets.

lefty
02-16-2011, 10:47 PM
They were "coasting" in 2003 too remember? They were a 3-peat champion that knew exactly when to turn it on... and the Spurs Exposed them... and then had a tougher battle vs the Mavs... and a tougher one still against the Nets.
Parker vs Harris
Pop vs AJ

2011 NBA Finals, bitches !!!!!!!

TD 21
02-16-2011, 10:50 PM
Roddy B's return (although exaggerated) will still put the Mavs over LA IMO. I'm going Spurs/Mavs WCF

Beaubois is a largely unproven player, who's upside is that of a better version of Barbosa. In other words, a top notch sixth man. He's not some elite prospect on his way to being a perennial All-Star.

In the past thirty years, it's been proven that, unless you have '94/'95 Olajuwon or '99/'03 Duncan, you can't win without an elite perimeter player. Johnson, Bird, Thomas, Jordan, Bryant, Ginobili, Wade, Pierce. The one exception was the '04 Pistons, but Billups was a lot better then than any Mavs perimeter player is now.

ezau, the Mavs beat the Spurs once with Nowitzki and it came when the Spurs were due to lose, because they had won 12 in a row. I'd rather focus on the fact that the Spurs beat the Mavs last season without home court and on top of that, the Spurs have improved more since then than the Mavs have. The Mavs are just good enough to push the Spurs/Lakers to the limit before succumbing.

ezau
02-16-2011, 10:51 PM
I've been saying it all season long: the Mavs are a bigger threat to the Spurs this year than the Lakers. We haven't beaten the Mavs this year with Dirk in their lineup. That's something that all Spurs fans should think about.

lil'mo
02-16-2011, 10:52 PM

AHAHAHAHAHAHA

good point, thats awesome

lil'mo
02-16-2011, 10:53 PM
I've been saying it all season long: the Mavs are a bigger threat to the Spurs this year than the Lakers. We haven't beaten the Mavs this year with Dirk in their lineup. That's something that all Spurs fans should think about.

mcdyess is our dirkstopper

ezau
02-16-2011, 10:55 PM
mcdyess is our dirkstopper

I agree. I'm not saying that we can't beat a healthy Mavs team, but for us to be in the best position to win, I'd still want the Mavs and Lakers to face in the WCSF.

One of them will get knocked out and we manage to take care of everything else, we're more than ready to kick either the Mavs/Lakers butts.

I know it's early, I'm just saying.

DesignatedT
02-16-2011, 10:56 PM
Also, Butler looks like he will be back for the playoffs. I am not saying Roddy B is going to be some all-star but he can be a difference maker or x factor in a series and is definitely an upgrade from Barea IMO. If Roddy B played the whole series vs the Spurs last season then it could have definitely turned out a different way.

Ginobili2Duncan
02-16-2011, 10:57 PM

First of all, the Mavs will not make it far enough to face the Spurs.

Second of all, why would any Spurs fan be afraid of this team? The Spurs had much more going against them last year in the first round. The Mavs had homecourt, Butler was healthy, Parker and Hill were just coming back from injuries, Ginobili and Duncan didn't play particularly well in the last three games.

And guess what? The Spurs still bullied the Mavs out of the playoffs. Game Four summarized that whole series.

This year, the Spurs are much deeper, Jefferson looks comfortable, Hill and Blair have taken steps foward. Oh, and let's not forget that Duncan will be fresher this time around when the playoffs arrive.

There is absolutely no reason for any Spurs fan to fear this team.

I'm more concerned about the Lakers than the Mavs. But as it stands right now, I would consider it a disappointment if the Spurs lost to them also.

coyotes_geek
02-16-2011, 11:02 PM
First of all, the Mavs will not make it far enough to face the Spurs.

So who takes them out before the Spurs get a chance to? Certainly no one in the 1st round. Granted the lakers still have time to get their act together, but the clock is ticking and there certainly isn't a good reason to think the lakers are capable of beating the mavs based on anything we're seeing right now.

Blackjack
02-16-2011, 11:04 PM
Mistake by the Lake(rs) seems a pretty apt headline . . .

DesignatedT
02-16-2011, 11:08 PM
Carlisle got abused by Pop last year. I think he has learned from a few mistakes he made in last years playoffs. Also, there team is a lot bigger down low now with Chandler who is having a fantastic season. Mix those in with Beabouis actually getting playing time against us and the whole "revenge" factor they have going for them it just makes me uncomfortable playing that team. I still think we are better then anyone in the West but I feel our chances are better against LA then Dallas right now.

Manufan909
02-16-2011, 11:11 PM

There was only one meeting where Dirk played, that's as small a sample size as you can get.

Ginobili2Duncan
02-16-2011, 11:38 PM
Carlisle got abused by Pop last year. I think he has learned from a few mistakes he made in last years playoffs. Also, there team is a lot bigger down low now with Chandler who is having a fantastic season. Mix those in with Beabouis actually getting playing time against us and the whole "revenge" factor they have going for them it just makes me uncomfortable playing that team. I still think we are better then anyone in the West but I feel our chances are better against LA then Dallas right now.

Regardless of what Carlisle thinks he learned last season, I have never thought he was that great of a coach anyway. Maybe the only thing he learned is how not to mess up a playoff rotation.

The Mavs had more size last year too. It doesn't matter if your big-men can't put any pressure on you offensively. Chandler is certainly an upgrade over Dampier, but he still doesn't create any offensive mismatches.

I felt like I have already said this a million times. But, the Mavs are no longer built to beat the Spurs like they were in 2006. Howard, Harris, Stackhouse, and a younger Terry were able capable of attacking an individual mismatch. Their only player who can isolate and attack the Spurs is Nowitzki. The jury is still out on Beaubois.

This team is actually now competent on the defensive end and we are supposed to be afraid of them?

baseline bum
02-16-2011, 11:41 PM
We better not lose to them next week.

It's actually about 3 weeks before the Spurs play LA, but it'll be a home game and I'm confident the team won't look past it.

PublicOption
02-16-2011, 11:41 PM
the lakers are boring

coyotes_geek
02-16-2011, 11:44 PM
Just as an "oh by the way", Ron Artest decided tonight would be a good night to solicit your opinions on his new mix tape. :lol

http://www.facebook.com/ronartest15

Silver&Black
02-16-2011, 11:46 PM
the lakers are boring

:lol....LAKERS = :sleep

:flag:

FilSpursFan
02-16-2011, 11:55 PM
Laker's loss to Cavs doesn't prove a thing... still... WCF: Spurs vs. Lakers
http://www.destructoid.com/elephant/ul/96577-sorry.jpg

rmt
02-17-2011, 12:01 AM
Also, Butler looks like he will be back for the playoffs. I am not saying Roddy B is going to be some all-star but he can be a difference maker or x factor in a series and is definitely an upgrade from Barea IMO. If Roddy B played the whole series vs the Spurs last season then it could have definitely turned out a different way.

Agreed. Carlyle made a mistake benching Roddy. His penetration gave Spurs a lot of trouble. Neither Parker nor Hill could stay in front of him. He has the potential to give LA problems as their major weakness is quick guards.

Hope LA doesn't slip down to #4 - want the Mavs/LA to play a long, tough series before SA. Hate this division winner getting top 4 seed. Pacific division is so weak - no matter how far LA slips they can't get lower than #4. Won't seem like much of a reward for SA getting #1 and LA in the second round. Hope Gasol, Kobe and Odom keep playing a lot of minutes though.

Banzai
02-17-2011, 12:03 AM
http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/19/not_stoked.jpg (http://www.threadbombing.com/details.php?image_id=3024)

awktalk
02-17-2011, 12:19 AM
I still think we are better then anyone in the West but I feel our chances are better against LA then Dallas right now.

Well no shit. The Lakers just lost to the Cavs.

Viva Las Espuelas
02-17-2011, 12:25 AM
Wow. Go Cavs :tu

JR21
02-17-2011, 12:54 AM
WOW..... just awsome...... nothing else to say

xmas1997
02-17-2011, 01:05 AM
104 - 99 Cavs over Lakers
They didn't just beat them, they spanked them!

tp2021
02-17-2011, 01:22 AM
So I fell into TBS's trap and left my tv on after Conan, and George Lopez's dumb Laker-lovin ass was cracking jokes about the Cavs never winning. :lol

Phenomanul
02-17-2011, 01:44 AM
I guess that means the Spurs will lose against the Bulls....

The anti-parallelism between the two records have followed each other closely all season...

gospursgojas
02-17-2011, 02:46 AM
Lakers...

Are coasting
Are tired from 3 straight finals runs
Have the black mamba who can turn it on whenever

chazley
02-17-2011, 03:06 AM
We aren't even gonna play Dallas this year in the playoffs... the Lakers will win that series.

biskvito
02-17-2011, 05:15 AM
lol gasol 30/20

iminol
02-17-2011, 06:09 AM
http://img812.imageshack.us/img812/4046/skillsn.jpg
Lakers gonna find them clowning during AS breake.