PDA

View Full Version : Kobe Bryants Value.

apalisoc_9
02-17-2011, 08:17 AM
At his age, attitude, chucking shot..going for 8-24, how do you value a guy like that.

Dont get me wrong, LUva, kool. blessing..he's a fantastic players, but i feel like he doesnt know what his role should be this year..

TDMVPDPOY
02-17-2011, 08:32 AM
the bitch has a no trade clause in his contract, so fakers are stuck with him....

Texas_Ranger
02-17-2011, 09:00 AM
Fuck, they'll have to pay him $30,453,805 when he'll be 35.

DMC
02-17-2011, 09:09 AM
He's still the franchise. Nut huggers pay good money for his products and to watch his bullshit short films.

Like Yao, he brings too much money to the NBA to shitcan. Yao could be living in a tent in Galveston and still make the ASG.

It's a business.

hater
02-17-2011, 09:31 AM
He's like a lamborghini, but 7 years old, has 50,000 miles and it has a few dents on the body as well as a couple of structural damages. Will never drive the same no matter what.

He would still be useful if paired with a top 5 superstar and good supporting cast. But that's about it.

I mean, who really wants a 2003 lambo with the paint chipped and leather seats all worn out?

Killakobe81
02-17-2011, 09:43 AM
Momre than most other franchises ... he can still play at high level though he has slipped some and as stated above he make his owner money. Only Lebron howard and a few others more valuable, genius.

JamStone
02-17-2011, 10:33 AM
If there was no no-trade clause, he would only have value for 2 teams: the Knicks and the Mavericks. Because those are the only two teams that would trade for him and take on his contract. I don't think any other team in the league would trade for Kobe and the remainder of his contract. But as for what the Lakers would command in return, probably anyone on the Knicks except Amare and probably anyone except Dirk on the Mavs. Considering those guys are the only true superstars on each respective team, Kobe could not bring back a superstar in return for him, only young players with potential and draft picks. I do think he would command more from the Knicks in actual young quality players than Carmelo would. But that's partly because Melo is going to be a free agent this summer and the Knicks think they can get him anyway.

edit: Orlando might trade Arenas, J-Rich, and a first round pick for Kobe.

Venti Quattro
02-17-2011, 10:37 AM
Kobe's value to the Lakers is immeasurable. Before you make threads questioning his true value, ask yourself 100 times.

Sure he's shooting poorly lately and he's getting old. But that's just a blip on the radar compared to the proverbial ocean of things he did to the franchise and the city. Through ups and the lowest point, which was the trade demand on HD, his value is immeasurable.

BlackSwordsMan
02-17-2011, 10:38 AM
Once again Pau showing hes the MVP of the team.

NRHector
02-17-2011, 11:18 AM
Kobe's value to the Lakers is immeasurable. Before you make threads questioning his true value, ask yourself 100 times.

Sure he's shooting poorly lately and he's getting old. But that's just a blip on the radar compared to the proverbial ocean of things he did to the franchise and the city. Through ups and the lowest point, which was the trade demand on HD, his value is immeasurable.

you have some valid points but when is he going to accept his new role and think about the team?

Venti Quattro
02-17-2011, 11:21 AM
He doesn't have a new role with the team. He is still the leader. That hasn't and won't be changed. Only he has the ferocity, charisma and the wisdom to set the tone and lead the team. However, he has this propensity to veer from it which results to him shooting 50 shots per game and it pisses me off too.

The Reckoning
02-17-2011, 11:29 AM
I mean, who really wants a 2003 lambo with the paint chipped and leather seats all worn out?

me?

in2deep
02-17-2011, 11:33 AM
me?

do you know the maintenance costs for an old lambo??

TheMACHINE
02-17-2011, 01:09 PM
Hmmmm....2003 Lamborghini or 2011 Kia.....hmmmmmmmm

Spur_Fanatic
02-17-2011, 03:06 PM
The guy is awesome.
But his contract is a killer.

dunkman
02-17-2011, 03:21 PM
Kobe can't be traded and seems to be happy in LA. He's still one of the best SG's in the game but doesn't have many good years left.

Spur_Fanatic
02-17-2011, 03:31 PM
http://hoopshype.com/salaries/la_lakers.htm

Can Kobe one day decide "I want to help the Lakers, let's make a new deal in which I'm paid half of what I'm making now"? Any expert on the subject that can clarify this?

jbspurs
02-17-2011, 04:17 PM

Kobe for Melo & Billups? What do you think?

monosylab1k
02-17-2011, 04:20 PM
Manu > Kobe

DMC
02-17-2011, 05:21 PM

Can Kobe one day decide "I want to help the Lakers, let's make a new deal in which I'm paid half of what I'm making now"? Any expert on the subject that can clarify this?
Not if he has any fucking sense.

The owner of the Lakers aint hurting for money.

TheMACHINE
02-17-2011, 05:39 PM

plus you're not allowed to change the terms in the contract.

TampaDude
02-17-2011, 05:44 PM
Kobe is still baller, but he's clearly past his prime.

DMC
02-17-2011, 06:01 PM
plus you're not allowed to change the terms in the contract.
If both parties agree, any contract can be changed.

Killakobe81
02-17-2011, 07:52 PM
If there was no no-trade clause, he would only have value for 2 teams: the Knicks and the Mavericks. Because those are the only two teams that would trade for him and take on his contract. I don't think any other team in the league would trade for Kobe and the remainder of his contract. But as for what the Lakers would command in return, probably anyone on the Knicks except Amare and probably anyone except Dirk on the Mavs. Considering those guys are the only true superstars on each respective team, Kobe could not bring back a superstar in return for him, only young players with potential and draft picks. I do think he would command more from the Knicks in actual young quality players than Carmelo would. But that's partly because Melo is going to be a free agent this summer and the Knicks think they can get him anyway.

edit: Orlando might trade Arenas, J-Rich, and a first round pick for Kobe.

I humbly disagree. Teams that would/could: Chicago, Mavs, Knicks, Boston, NJ, Houston Magic and maybe the Clippers.
Again his value is in marketing, ticket sales and being a pretty good player even if overpaid at the end of it (contract).
again Im not saying that the GM of the Bulls, Boston etc. would WANT to do it ...but if Kobe was AVAILABLE right now ...I bet more than 3 teams would take him.