PDA

View Full Version : Thirst

Dre_7
06-01-2005, 12:19 AM
Am I the only one who thinks thirst is a lame imitaion of Little Penny??

I loved Little Penny!!!! I wasnt even an NBA fan at that time (hated the NBA in fact) but I thought Little Penny was genius! Thirst is just lame IMO.

AlamoSpursFan
06-01-2005, 12:22 AM
"that Was Tyra Banks, Fool!"

E20
06-01-2005, 12:26 AM
I kinda like Thirst.

His commericals are funny, the commericals with Lebron are not.

johnny00
06-01-2005, 12:31 AM
I'm surprised this marketing gimmick is still working. I got tired of it long time ago.

Are there any other commercials people don't like? I don't mean to change the topic, but my Dad hates the beer commercial where everyone is sweating buckets ofwater while they eat spicy foods.

Dre_7
06-01-2005, 12:35 AM
The stain defender pants comercials get on my nerves!

MannyIsGod
06-01-2005, 01:15 AM
Yeah, everyone I know hated Thirst because he was Little Penny II when he first came out. But the commercials have gotten kind of funny now.

thispego
06-01-2005, 03:19 AM
the whole McDonalds "i'm Lovin it" campaign.... terrible.
but i must admit i hated mcdonalds before it came out

Kori Ellis
06-01-2005, 03:41 AM
I loved Little Penny and can't stand Thirst. I especially hate the one where he pimps out that nerd's beat up car with Sprite inside.

GINNNNNNNNNNNNOBILI
06-01-2005, 03:48 AM
I loved Little Penny and can't stand Thirst. I especially hate the one where he pimps out that nerd's beat up car with Sprite inside.

I can stand the fact that its a lil penny knock off... I can't stand the annoying voice.

Solid D
06-01-2005, 04:40 AM
That Thirst commercial where LeBron throws the guy's hamburger so that the dog Thirst is riding on will take off away from the last Sprite is sort of humorous. The rest of them are sort of "blah, blah, blah".

The other rather repetitive commercials on NBA games that are somewhat annoying:
1. (concur with Johnny's dad)...the beer commercial about the guys sweating while eating, I must change the channel until it's over.
2. is Dockers really trying to make people believe that white men and women can jump higher in Dockers or something?

ShoogarBear
06-01-2005, 07:02 AM

I thought this one died last year, but noooo, it's back:

"11 p.m. . . it's Alfred and Ben!"

"Breakfast for you, bedtime snack for me!"

ShoogarBear
06-01-2005, 07:05 AM
Given how well Lil Penny worked out for Hardaway's career, I'm sorta surprised that LeBron would risk that karma.

samikeyp
06-01-2005, 08:24 AM
but i must admit i hated mcdonalds before it came out

"Ghetto-doerves"

Manny and JBlaze remember that. :)

AlamoSpursFan
06-01-2005, 08:24 AM
I'm just glad those effing Cortaslim ads seem to have tapered off. Who honestly sits at a desk in an advertising agency and thinks "Annoying ass commercials played over and over and over and FREAKING OVER! Yeah, that'll get those fat-asses buying our over-priced speed pills!"

I mean, oversaturation worked for Body Solutions, didn't it?

:lol

spurster
06-01-2005, 08:38 AM
I hate the sweat-soaked commercial too. It's gross and so stupid. Who is going to believe that Miller Lite is specially formulated for spicy food? Of course, almost all the light beer commercials have really stupid people in them. Maybe that is the population segment they are aiming at.

Johnny_Blaze_47
06-01-2005, 09:09 AM
Congratulations on your no-prize winning victory.

Solid D
06-01-2005, 09:16 AM
I'm just glad those effing Cortaslim ads seem to have tapered off.

:lol

You mean the ones with Dr. Greg Cynaumon? :lol

Jekka
06-01-2005, 09:58 AM
Those GODDAMN Taco Cabana commercials with the old guy and the guitar talking about the beer at his grandmother's. Oh, and on the same note, the damn Whataburger narrator.

MannyIsGod
06-01-2005, 10:09 AM
:lmao @ Shooga and that one commercial. I HATE that one.

Although yeah, Mcdonalds is on my shit list either way.

:lol Mikey, Ghettoderves

KEDA
06-01-2005, 10:51 AM
"San Antoniooooooooooooo, I love yooouuuu"

No, I dont have a fajita bush, and the only cheese I have is in the fridge!

I hate that old guy, looks like he was drinking out of "Grandmas tub of ice cold beer"

The sweating commercial form Miller Lite is gross

But the worst one of all, and a few of you already know this

The old bald guy for Six Flags, he creaps me out like no other. I have a fear of him, he is too old looking to pull off those moves and it is just plain scary. And to add insult to injury there is a large billboard of him right next to the entrance of my apartment complex so I see him EVERY DAY.

I hate him

Taco
06-01-2005, 11:09 AM
Miles Thirst

Think about this.

Kobe Bryant was replaced by Miles Thirst!!! :lol

Before his Colorado Mountain romp Kobe the the spokesman for Sprite.

ObiwanGinobili
06-01-2005, 11:22 AM
Those GODDAMN Taco Cabana commercials with the old guy and the guitar talking about the beer at his grandmother's. Oh, and on the same note, the damn Whataburger narrator.

Agreed... i hate that crap. especially seeing as hoe Taco Cabana ain't all thats great, it's pretty crappy. And if you want a whatburger "just how you like it" your gonna be paying like 6 bucks or more.

As far as thirst goes..... it is sooo tired allready. I hate it.

my fav soda commercials were the "make 7...... up yours"
man those were great.

ObiwanGinobili
06-01-2005, 11:24 AM
Do ya'll remeber the Schlitterbahn commercial from last summer (or was it 2 summers ago) ??
Where the kids are standing in this pathetic pint sized kiddie pool in thier yard with a hose and are singing along forlornly to the schlitterbahn commercial that they see thru the living room window..... oh man that was good.
It was soooooo osad... i jsut wanted to go pick those kids up and take the poor thigns to Schlitterbahn.