PDA

View Full Version : Rose has my vote for MVP

Rummpd
02-17-2011, 10:37 PM
What a friggin talent - probably next to Jordan on the way to being the greatest to ever wear that cool uniform ,and that is not putting the under-valued Scotty Pippen down. Rose has the best qualities of Deron Williams, Chris Paul and Parker all in one unreal package of pure talent and competitiveness.

arles
02-17-2011, 10:38 PM
Unstoppable

xellos88330
02-17-2011, 10:39 PM
What a fuckin stud!!!

That prick. :lmao

m33p0
02-17-2011, 10:39 PM
:tu

SouthTexasRancher
02-17-2011, 10:40 PM
He is definitely the best PG in the NBA. To get his team playing like this with the injuries they have and replacing them with rejects like Bogans is amazing. The Bulls kicked our asses!

jjktkk
02-17-2011, 10:44 PM
Rose doesn't seem to let being a star go to his head either, seems to be well gorunded.

TE
02-17-2011, 10:45 PM
Great player. Potential for him is heaven.

DesignatedT
02-17-2011, 10:47 PM
ditto. give it to him over lebron please.

fantasyfootball
02-17-2011, 10:49 PM
If I had to take any player in the league right now to start a team, it would be Rose.

The guy is an elite, elite talent with none of the mental weakness/drama that Lebron, Carmelo, D-Howard, Chris Paul have.

He's strong, lightening quick, fast, elusive, explosive, can go left or right, has a great jumper. Man what a beast.

You can tell he's poured a lot in a ton of time in the offseason.

Mugen
02-17-2011, 10:50 PM
its still LeBron but Rose is the best PG in the league right now, bar none.

timtonymanu
02-17-2011, 10:51 PM
Agreed. Giving it to anyone else would be robbery.

hitmanyr2k
02-17-2011, 10:53 PM
What a friggin talent - probably next to Jordan on the way to being the greatest to ever wear that cool uniform ,and that is not putting the under-valued Scotty Pippen down. Rose has the best qualities of Deron Williams, Chris Paul and Parker all in one unreal package of pure talent and competitiveness.

And best of all.....Tim Duncan's poker face. No matter what he does the expression never changes :lol

Obstructed_View
02-17-2011, 10:53 PM
Kid's good.

Arc
02-17-2011, 10:54 PM
it's either rose or durant. personally, i like durant.

ShoogarBear
02-17-2011, 10:57 PM
I suspect the Bulls are happy with choosing him over Beasley and Mayo.

Obstructed_View
02-17-2011, 10:59 PM
I suspect the Bulls are happy with choosing him over Beasley and Mayo.

Funny how those decisions seem so clear now. Durant over Oden, Howard over Okafor, Rose over Beasley.

honestfool84
02-17-2011, 11:00 PM
:tu

Russ
I saw the Bulls against the Clippers at Staples a couple weeks ago. Rose was flatout unstoppable.

The crowd started chanting MVP at the end (a lot of Bulls fans attending).

I started chanting SAT in time to the other chant (but I'm a bit of an A-hole :)).

igruex
What a friggin talent - probably next to Jordan on the way to being the greatest to ever wear that cool uniform.

Probably next to Jordan, really?

Let's just say he's the best pg in the league RIGHT now. He doesn't play like this every game, I'm looking forward to see him in the POs.

ffadicted
02-17-2011, 11:04 PM
Fucking STUD

awktalk
02-17-2011, 11:05 PM
He's put that team on his shoulders with both Noah and Boozer missing significant time. Only losing 4 games at home. Beating all of the best teams in the league. This kid, and his team, are for real.

spurtech09
yeah rose is a beast...to bad this is the regular season...the bulls will crumble in the play offs...thats if they get there...

FilSpursFan
Derrick Rose is my bet for MVP too :tu

Sisk
02-17-2011, 11:23 PM
Great all around player. His attitude is his best attribute overall imho.

LongtimeSpursFan
02-17-2011, 11:32 PM
Rose was an absolute beast tonight. But lets not dismiss Parkers efforts...he had a great all around game against a top rank defense. If Parker continues to play like that the rest of the season and playoffs the Spurs are in great shape.

DMC
02-18-2011, 12:24 AM
I bet if you scroll back through the games, we have lauded players from teams that have torched us in the past.

Rose is great, but I think James is going to be the MVP. Cleveland's demise and Miami's rise should seal that for him. He's just a fucking manchild.

I would rather see Rose get it though.

SenorSpur
02-18-2011, 12:28 AM
That guy is out-of-this-world, ridiculously good.

With all apologies to Sasha Vujucic, Rose is a freakin' machine.

He's a definite MVP candidate - and deserves to win it.

slayermin
02-18-2011, 12:44 AM
Props to Rose. Incredible performance.

I was having flashbacks of Stephon Marbury carving us up back in the '02-'03 season.

TDMVPDPOY
02-18-2011, 12:50 AM
i dunno what his doing padding his stats in this game

Hoops Czar
02-18-2011, 01:31 AM

Unstoppable

Sure is.... just like Griffin, aldridge, Anthony, D-will, Derozen, Chandler Howard, Ray , Curry ect. If they all played a full 82 vs the Spurs, their would be multiple candidates.

barbacoataco
02-18-2011, 01:34 AM
The OP implied that Rose was on his way to being greater than Jordan. I'm not sure what to say about that or maybe I misread it. Or maybe he never saw Jordan play.

Blackjack
02-18-2011, 01:39 AM
Sequ could take him . . .

Leetonidas
02-18-2011, 01:39 AM
It's insane, if Rose wins MVP would he be the youngest to ever win it? He's 22 right? Damn, he's only going to get better. :wow

TD 21
02-18-2011, 02:09 AM
I've got Rose over Howard, Paul, James and Wade, in that order. The thing that separates Rose from Howard and Paul, is the record, despite having one of the 2nd or 3rd best player on his team missing for all but 6 games this season.

They're well built and very well coached, but they're not a team overloaded with talent. They don't have anyone else other than Rose who can get their own shot and create for others, yet here they are, with the fifth best record in the league at the break.

The only hesitation I expect voters to have is the fact that it's only his third season and his first at this level. There's always been an order of operations of sorts with the MVP. Paul didn't win it in '08 under similar circumstances. In the hierarchy of young superstars, Rose is after Howard and Durant in the pecking order, because they came before him. Wade also hasn't won one. I'm not saying any of this is right, just saying that's how it usually works.

But what helps him is that their is no other obvious candidate. Howard's and Paul's teams don't have the records typically associated with MVP's. With James, they'll be inevitable voter fatigue, plus the fact that he has another legit MVP candidate alongside him. No one else merits serious consideration.

AidanNelson2009
02-18-2011, 02:23 AM
He's the best in the league right now, but overall, LeBron is the best. Rose is an unbelievable player and one you just can't stop when he is up and about and shooting well. Best PG in the league, scary thing is, is he is still only 22 i believe.

Hoops Czar
02-18-2011, 02:54 AM
He's the best in the league right now, but overall, LeBron is the best. Rose is an unbelievable player and one you just can't stop when he is up and about and shooting well. Best PG in the league, scary thing is, is he is still only 22 i believe.

HarlemHeat, Is that you?

02-18-2011, 04:05 AM
i dunno, i think he's overrated. he's a MVP candidate but is he really on the same level as lebron, wade, younger kobe, prime duncan, or prime dirk when they won the MVP? i don't think he is. he needs some signature playoff series this year for me to put him in the same category as the previously mentioned players.

Rummpd
02-18-2011, 06:07 AM
Clarification I never implied he would be greater than Jordan or even regarded as such by either casual fans or the uninformed media that makes much of the basketball professional paid blogging sphere or is on ESPN sometimes.

That being said because he is leading his team and especially this year with injured players he may end up being higher rated at the end of his career than the under-appreciated Pippen - who took the Bulls into the playoffs without Jordan during his "wink wink" baseball abscence.

This is a special basketball player carrying his team to near or the top of the East without Noah or Boozer much of the season. He flatly deserves the MVP IMO and to me only Dirk is in the conversation since Dallas' record with him starting borders on the incredible and he is also playing at a high level.

Westbrooke who has some qualities like Rose but not as polished or skilled IMO absolutely carried the Thunder in the first 1/3 of the season, ruling out Durant this year IMO, and James did not carry the Heat until Wade got going as well.

mystargtr34
02-18-2011, 06:11 AM
My top 3 would be LeBron Rose and Howard, probably in that order.

Cry Havoc
02-18-2011, 10:27 AM
I've got Rose over Howard, Paul, James and Wade, in that order. The thing that separates Rose from Howard and Paul, is the record, despite having one of the 2nd or 3rd best player on his team missing for all but 6 games this season.

They're well built and very well coached, but they're not a team overloaded with talent. They don't have anyone else other than Rose who can get their own shot and create for others, yet here they are, with the fifth best record in the league at the break.

The only hesitation I expect voters to have is the fact that it's only his third season and his first at this level. There's always been an order of operations of sorts with the MVP. Paul didn't win it in '08 under similar circumstances. In the hierarchy of young superstars, Rose is after Howard and Durant in the pecking order, because they came before him. Wade also hasn't won one. I'm not saying any of this is right, just saying that's how it usually works.

But what helps him is that their is no other obvious candidate. Howard's and Paul's teams don't have the records typically associated with MVP's. With James, they'll be inevitable voter fatigue, plus the fact that he has another legit MVP candidate alongside him. No one else merits serious consideration.

My top 3 would be LeBron Rose and Howard, probably in that order.

Are you guys forgetting about Dirk? Or does the fact that the Mavs are #2 in the West without their 2nd best player mean nothing?

quentin_compson
02-18-2011, 11:01 AM
Great performance by Rose. :tu
I really can't think of any mistakes he made yesterday. One turnover in 40 minutes as the primary ballhandler is pretty darn impressive, especially if you put up 42/5/8 in the process.

Spurminator
02-18-2011, 11:13 AM
If the Bulls' and Heat's records are this close at year's end and LeBron wins MVP it will be a fucking crime. LeBron has Wade and Bosh to cover his ass if he has an off night, Rose has Luol Deng and Carlos Boozer.

lefty
02-18-2011, 11:43 AM
Rose is the MVP, no question

Super talent, very competitive, no attitude after a crossover, etc... :tu

But...

I don't want to take anything away from him, but our D sucked

I mean, our D reaaaally sucked :pctoss

Spurs Brazil
02-18-2011, 04:46 PM
He was my MVP choice before the game. And after that great one yesterday I think more people is looking at him like a MVP

TampaDude
02-18-2011, 05:10 PM
Yeah...Rose is a beast...he pretty much won that game for the Bulls last night.

Obstructed_View
02-18-2011, 05:54 PM
i dunno, i think he's overrated. he's a MVP candidate but is he really on the same level as lebron, wade, younger kobe, prime duncan, or prime dirk when they won the MVP? i don't think he is. he needs some signature playoff series this year for me to put him in the same category as the previously mentioned players.

That Bulls Celtics series was pretty good.

TD 21
02-18-2011, 07:28 PM
Are you guys forgetting about Dirk? Or does the fact that the Mavs are #2 in the West without their 2nd best player mean nothing?

I'm not. I just don't have him in my top five. I know that's a travesty to many a Spurs fan, who inexplicably adore him as if he's one of their own. Earlier in the season, I'd have had him in my top five, but things change. If it's numbers you want, Nowitzki doesn't rank. If it's team success you want, Nowitzki doesn't rank. If if's a combination of the two you want, Nowitzki doesn't rank.

mystargtr34
02-19-2011, 01:08 AM

You make some good points, as usual... the only thing i disagree with is the notion (that almost everybody seems to have) that Rose is carrying the Bulls to their record. He isnt really, their defense is.

They are ranked #1 in the league in defensive efficiency, and have been in that position pretty much the entire season along with Boston (clearly the two best defensive teams in the league). Rose's primary impact obviously comes on the offensive end (since thats where he is supposedly carrying the Bulls to their record) .. yet the Bulls are ranked just 16th in the NBA in offensive efficiency. Rose does bring a positive impact on defense due to his ability to play the passing lanes and come up with some high flying blocks.. but he's no better than average as an individual defender.

Having said that he is an absolute stud.. and i wouldnt really argue if he were to win MVP.. but i think LeBron.. and probably Howard.. have had a bigger individual impact on their team's record. For example .. the Heat are 2nd in the league in offensive efficiency mainly due to LeBron and Wade. They are also 4th in defensive efficiency.. where LeBron has a considerably larger impact for the Heat than Rose does for the Bulls IMO. Then there is Howard.. who is really the only reason the Magic are an elite defensive team (3rd in the league).. but also carries the team offensively (10th in the league in offensive efficiency)

UnWantedTheory
02-19-2011, 04:33 AM
I am not sure if he is quite there yet,but with there not being a clear cut favorite IMO,he would definitely have my vote.

Basketball Jones
02-19-2011, 11:10 AM
He'd get my vote easily.

Brutalis
02-19-2011, 01:43 PM
Jalen Rose is retired you idiots.

02-19-2011, 02:34 PM
That Bulls Celtics series was pretty good.
i think he was overshadowed by salmons and gordon in the series. clutch plays came down to those two. plus chicago lost that series too.

DieHardSpursFan1537
02-19-2011, 04:46 PM
42 points.......he's MVP material for sure.

TD 21
02-19-2011, 07:36 PM
You make some good points, as usual... the only thing i disagree with is the notion (that almost everybody seems to have) that Rose is carrying the Bulls to their record. He isnt really, their defense is.

They are ranked #1 in the league in defensive efficiency, and have been in that position pretty much the entire season along with Boston (clearly the two best defensive teams in the league). Rose's primary impact obviously comes on the offensive end (since thats where he is supposedly carrying the Bulls to their record) .. yet the Bulls are ranked just 16th in the NBA in offensive efficiency. Rose does bring a positive impact on defense due to his ability to play the passing lanes and come up with some high flying blocks.. but he's no better than average as an individual defender.

Having said that he is an absolute stud.. and i wouldnt really argue if he were to win MVP.. but i think LeBron.. and probably Howard.. have had a bigger individual impact on their team's record. For example .. the Heat are 2nd in the league in offensive efficiency mainly due to LeBron and Wade. They are also 4th in defensive efficiency.. where LeBron has a considerably larger impact for the Heat than Rose does for the Bulls IMO. Then there is Howard.. who is really the only reason the Magic are an elite defensive team (3rd in the league).. but also carries the team offensively (10th in the league in offensive efficiency)

I'm well aware that they're first in the league in defensive efficiency, but you have to have a semblance of balance to be a good team, let alone a team verging on elite. The reason they have a semblance of balance is because of Rose. Replace him with a league average PG and the Bulls are the Bucks.

James is the best player in the game and has been for some time. Howard is third best at this point (arguably second). But if the MVP were based on who the best player was, then Duncan and O'Neal would have a lot more than three combined.