PDA

View Full Version : Rose vs. Hill

rr2418
02-17-2011, 11:13 PM
I know this will bring out all the "Spurstalk Pros", but isn't Derrick Rose what we hoped George Hill would/could be?

Obstructed_View
02-17-2011, 11:23 PM
I don't think I ever hoped that George Hill would be an MVP candidate. Given the Spurs' draft history, I'm not sure I dared hope he would become what he is.

ShoogarBear
02-17-2011, 11:29 PM
George Hill wasn't a point guard when he was drafted, and has never at any point shown the ability to be an NBA-level point guard.

He's a solid two-way player, but did anyone every really think he was going to make the All-Star game?

ElNono
02-17-2011, 11:30 PM
What?

8FOR!3
02-17-2011, 11:31 PM
Anybody who's expected George Hill to ever be a player at the level of Derrick Rose this year is crazy. Maybe all star one day, but that'd be incredible.

wontstartdumbthreads
02-17-2011, 11:31 PM
What?

Chickenbutt

jjktkk
02-17-2011, 11:36 PM
No, not even close. Pretty sure Hill is what Pop and the FO thought/hoped he would be. A combo guard who can defend multiple positions and score. Hill still has to work on his being hesitant on the offensive end and being more of a vocal leader on the court, but Hill is a very solid player for the Spurs and has a bright future in this league.

HarlemHeat37
02-17-2011, 11:37 PM
Derrick Rose was the #1 overall pick in the draft..George Hill was a surprise, late first round pick..hmmm, same expectations?..

Sean Cagney
02-17-2011, 11:40 PM
LMFAO at this thread, are you serious? A late first round surprise pick to the #1 pick in the draft? Are some that delusional? I hope not.

TDMVPDPOY
02-18-2011, 12:11 AM
Derrick Rose was the #1 overall pick in the draft..George Hill was a surprise, late first round pick..hmmm, same expectations?..

htf u compare to some clown playin in better college competition to some clown playin in some small college competition? theres a huge difference there and scouts dont usually go out and find needles in a haystack...

ghill3 will not make the ASG if his playin off the bench, unless he pulls a russell westbrook and start hogging the ball...solid 2 way player thats all he is

DMC
02-18-2011, 12:14 AM
I know this will bring out all the "Spurstalk Pros", but isn't Derrick Rose what we hoped George Hill would/could be?

Fuck, MJ is what we hoped Hill would be.

Rose was a 1st overall, Hill was what, 26th?

So, no. I would say Hill is what he hoped Hill would be.

DMC
02-18-2011, 12:15 AM
Chickenbutt
Your age is showing... LOL

I haven't heard that in forever and a week.

wontstartdumbthreads
02-18-2011, 12:21 AM
Your age is showing... LOL

I haven't heard that in forever and a week.

Where's the beef?
Between your teeth.

Dex
02-18-2011, 12:27 AM
Maybe Rose is what some people pipe-dreamed Hill as.

BoricuaCJA
02-18-2011, 01:37 AM
Show me one post who said that. lol The best I thought Hill could be is really good support player, borderline allstar. I think he is just gonna be a really good support player.

Hoops Czar
02-18-2011, 01:40 AM
Anybody who's expected George Hill to ever be a player at the level of Derrick Rose this year is crazy. Maybe all star one day, but that'd be incredible.

What the hell do you mean this year?

wunderkindepiphany
02-18-2011, 01:43 AM
Lmao

ALVAREZ6
02-18-2011, 01:45 AM

What????

I have no idea about anyone else, but I would never have expected George Hill to become even a shadow of D-Rose. D-Rose is a top 10 player in the world.

ALVAREZ6
02-18-2011, 01:49 AM

drafted out of Indiana University-Purdue University Indianapolis. I know he had his reasons for playing there and could have played at better schools, but come on.

George Hill will never come close to being in ASG conversation, that's my opinion. And I'm not even saying he's not a good player, he is and has room to grow. But the All-Star game is reserved for MFing ballers. Manu barely made it, he has the worst stats of the WCF all-stars, and only made it due to the Spurs historic start and the coaches all having mad respect for the dude.

GH will never come close to a Manu. He won't touch anything in the area of Rose.

wunderkindepiphany
02-18-2011, 01:53 AM
its just a ridiculous comparison. Theyre not built the same, dont have the same skillsets, don't even have the same amount of experience at the position. Geroge Hill does have upside, hes just trying to find minutes right now though. I liked him guarding Rose tonight cause of his length.

nkdlunch
02-18-2011, 09:41 AM

:lol

what? Rose is best PG in the world. Some idiots really expected that out of Hill????

wontstartdumbthreads
02-18-2011, 10:26 AM
its just a ridiculous comparison. Theyre not built the same, dont have the same skillsets, don't even have the same amount of experience at the position. Geroge Hill does have upside, hes just trying to find minutes right now though. I liked him guarding Rose tonight cause of his length.

Right. But it's not unreasonable to expect more of a Shawn Kemp type player.

lefty
02-18-2011, 11:44 AM
I remember when Hill destroyed Rose in Chicago during their rookie season.

Good times

concken
02-18-2011, 12:47 PM
I don't think anyone saw Hill as a potential all-star until he started progressing. He's superceded my expectations.

benefactor
02-18-2011, 12:49 PM
What?

Mugen
02-18-2011, 12:55 PM
Hill is a good defensive player until somebody sets a pick on him.