PDA

View Full Version : Pucker factor is 99.9% right about now.

IceColdBrewski
06-01-2005, 02:25 AM
Admit it. You're worried. If not, you should be. I know I am. Not only did the Spurs lift their foot off the Suns' collective throat, but they also lost the momentum in the process. And in doing so, gave Phoenix all the confidence they need to stretch this to a 7 game series. And we all know that anything can happen in a game 7. Losing this last game had a much bigger impact than most of you seem to realize. The Suns had already gained a small degree of confidence when JJ returned to their lineup. Letting them take us on our home court is only going to boost their confidence even more.

Most everybody is talking like the last game was some sort of fluke. As if the Spurs can't possibly have another sub-par game like this one. But with our young and inconsistent point guards, as well as poor free throw shooting, anything is possible. Game 5 is a lost cause. I can tell you that much right now. No way the Suns (and the refs) let the Spurs leave Phoenix with a victory. Which means, Back to SA. The pressure and the pucker factor will be so huge to win that game that the Spurs will most likely look as good as they did in game 4. Now we're looking at a game 7 in Phoenix. It wouldn't be pretty. I won't even go into detail about how Q and Marion are due for breakout games in this series.

Maybe it's just me worrying too much. But after considering all the pressure that the Spurs will be facing from here on out, I don't get the warm fuzzy feeling that some of you seem to be getting.

mavsfan1000
06-01-2005, 02:30 AM
If the spurs energy level is up they should be able to score at will against a sorry defense like the suns. Parker and Ginobili will have monster games next game and Phoenix has no answer for these guys. If Phoenix shoots 60% again than they have a chance. That is not likely going to happen again.

Phil Hellmuth
06-01-2005, 02:33 AM
You are commiting the logical fallacy of the slippery slope.

B will happen because A happened and C will happen because B happened.

I am not buying it.

thispego
06-01-2005, 02:36 AM
goddamn people get worked up.. i mean i'm mildly concerned about tonights game, but you're thinking about it too much. You give the Suns too much credit, you've bought into all the (esp)n hype. Lebron is the basketball prodigal son too, right??

IceColdBrewski
06-01-2005, 02:37 AM
You are commiting the logical fallacy of the slippery slope.

B will happen because A happened and C will happen because B happened.

I am not buying it.

Why Punk-ass Phil Hellmuth as your title? Dude is the biggest crybaby on the circuit.

texbumTHElife
06-01-2005, 02:38 AM
I tell you what "brewski"

Tim Duncan WONT shoot 3/12 from the FT line again or anywhere near it.
Tony Parker WONT shoot 30% from the field and have more turnovers than assists in the 3rd quarter again.
Robert Horry WILL dunk everything from here on out.
The Suns will NOT break the 20 fast break point threshhold again.

The Spurs will be the only team coming back to San Antonio, to rest for their opponent in the finals. This Spurs team is superior however just like they did against Denver AND Seattle, they will have a bad game. Also just like they did against Denver and Seattle they will respond and win this series.

I have no more time for ye of little faith. This is my last read/reply of a doubting thread.

IceColdBrewski
06-01-2005, 02:41 AM
goddamn people get worked up.. i mean i'm mildly concerned about tonights game, but you're thinking about it too much. You give the Suns too much credit, you've bought into all the (esp)n hype. Lebron is the basketball prodigal son too, right??

Never bought into the Lebron hype. You obviously have no idea what you're talking about.

thispego
06-01-2005, 02:42 AM
obviously not
i was just speaking generally

Kori Ellis
06-01-2005, 02:44 AM
There's reason for some level of angst. Winning in Phoenix a 3rd time in this series is probably going to be very difficult. And if they lose in Phoenix, coming back here for a Game Six would be tremendous pressure. But you can't jump to the conclusion that they are going to end up in a game seven dogfight in Phoenix. There's two more opportunities to win before they could be faced with that.

The Spurs usually respond well to losses. And Monday's loss hopefully shook them like game one of the Denver series shook them.

texbumTHElife
06-01-2005, 02:45 AM
Duncan will not shoot 3/12 from the FT line again. End of Story. Spurs in 5.

IceColdBrewski
06-01-2005, 02:45 AM
I tell you what "brewski"

Tim Duncan WONT shoot 3/12 from the FT line again or anywhere near it.
Tony Parker WONT shoot 30% from the field and have more turnovers than assists in the 3rd quarter again.
Robert Horry WILL dunk everything from here on out.
The Suns will NOT break the 20 fast break point threshhold again.

The Spurs will be the only team coming back to San Antonio, to rest for their opponent in the finals. This Spurs team is superior however just like they did against Denver AND Seattle, they will have a bad game. Also just like they did against Denver and Seattle they will respond and win this series.

I have no more time for ye of little faith. This is my last read/reply of a doubting thread.

Oh Christ. Here come the yahoo's. It's only a matter of time before I'm accused of "jumping off the bandwagon" with this thread. :rolleyes

Phil Hellmuth
06-01-2005, 02:50 AM
Why Punk-ass Phil Hellmuth as your title? Dude is the biggest crybaby on the circuit.

LOL i don't know, I couldn't think of a user name and poker was on my mind and I just thought it would be funny. :lol

texbumTHElife
06-01-2005, 02:52 AM
Oh Christ. Here come the yahoo's. It's only a matter of time before I'm accused of "jumping off the bandwagon" with this thread. :rolleyes

If your reading comprehension was a little better you would see it was an indictment of not just you but all others posting the "the sky is falling" threads. Its actually gone far beyong annoying and bordering on down right pissing me off. Thus my decision to avoid them all together. Who needs trolls when we have you guys spreading your doom and gloom.

IceColdBrewski
06-01-2005, 03:03 AM
All I'm saying is that there's cause for concern. There's no denying that.

I'm seeing way too many threads talking about how we're going to handle Detroit/Miami in the finals. Problably from the same people who brought their "Western Conference Champs." signs to the last game.

(1)The refs have proved that they can dictate the pace of a game when they want.

(2)The Spurs have a tendency to "let the other team back in the game".

(3) Spurs have been lucky for the most part on free throws up until game 4.

(4) Parker is due for one of his disappearing acts.

(5) Q and Marion are each due for big games.

(6) The Pressure is all on the Spurs at this point.

I could go on and on. But y'all get the point. This series is far from over.

mavsfan1000
06-01-2005, 03:06 AM
The suns don't play physical enough to be a threat for San Antonio. Teams with success like LAL and Seattle were physical teams but Parker and Ginobili aren't afraid of the suns because the suns don't want to foul. They would almost rather give you layups than to foul. This is why I don't fear Phoenix.

thispego
06-01-2005, 03:06 AM
6) I would say the pressure is all on the suns till they tie it up. fuck them, they gotta win three more times, we need 1. those motherfuckers should be kneeling by their beds tongiht praying to whatever deity they worship to make sure the San Antonio fucking Spurs dont hand them their asses in front of their own fans on wednesday night.

IceColdBrewski
06-01-2005, 03:09 AM
If your reading comprehension was a little better you would see it was an indictment of not just you but all others posting the "the sky is falling" threads. Its actually gone far beyong annoying and bordering on down right pissing me off. Thus my decision to avoid them all together. Who needs trolls when we have you guys spreading your doom and gloom.

I thought you weren't going to reply anymore. :lol

Why don't you take some time to calm down and figure out this is just a message board for opinions. Or better yet, just go get laid. Methinks you're taking this a bit too seriously.

IceColdBrewski
06-01-2005, 03:12 AM
LOL i don't know, I couldn't think of a user name and poker was on my mind and I just thought it would be funny. :lol

Fair enough. :spin

slayermin
06-01-2005, 03:30 AM
I think the Spurs will win in six. But I am very concerned.

Not in my wildest dreams did I think the Suns would shoot 57% at SBC and hand us the SECOND loss at home in the playoffs after being almost unbeatable at SBC all season. The last two fourth quarters are distressing. The Suns showed that they can pretty much score at will in crunchtime. Stoudemire reminded me of TD in his rookie year when he dominated the same Suns. If TD misses a couple of free throws early, I wonder if that will kill his confidence.

I was disappointed at the intensity and overall lack of killer instinct in game four. The Suns are young and really don't know any better. And with Nash running the show, they will get good shots the entire game.

I certainly hope they close out in game five because game six is gonna be pressure time. Yeah, I know there is nothing we can do about game four but I cannot believe, with our playoff history, that our guys took that game lightly. Yet, they did.

MaNuMaNiAc
06-01-2005, 03:44 AM
All I'm saying is that there's cause for concern. There's no denying that.

I'm seeing way too many threads talking about how we're going to handle Detroit/Miami in the finals. Problably from the same people who brought their "Western Conference Champs." signs to the last game.

(1)The refs have proved that they can dictate the pace of a game when they want.

(2)The Spurs have a tendency to "let the other team back in the game".

(3) Spurs have been lucky for the most part on free throws up until game 4.

(4) Parker is due for one of his disappearing acts.

(5) Q and Marion are each due for big games.

(6) The Pressure is all on the Spurs at this point.

I could go on and on. But y'all get the point. This series is far from over.
What do you call last nights game?? He already had his disappearing act, now its time for his reappearance. He doesn't usually have two awfull games in a row, so I'm betting he'll have a good game tonight.

stéphane
06-01-2005, 04:08 AM
this one is on freedom of speech :rolleyes
and the guy says he doesn't hate TP.
I don't expect everybody to be smart but be honest.

Duncanoypi
06-01-2005, 06:24 AM
Thread starter is not a true spurs fan....

ambchang
06-01-2005, 06:45 AM
You guys are paranoid. Let's recap Game 4.
Joe Johnson played his mind out.
Parker shot 5/17, most of the missed shots coming from wide open jumpers.
Duncan shot 3/12 from the line, and seemed tentative down in the blocks.
Amare Stoudamire played great (like every game he played this series)
Nash looks great in the second half.
The Suns shot 57%
The Spurs shot 44%
The Suns made NINE 3pters
The Spurs missed 12 FTs
Both Marion and Richardson showed signs of life, especially in the 3rd.
the Spurs lost by only 5 ......
The Spurs have a 3-1 lead.

And finally, the REFS HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH THE OUTCOME OF GAME 4! THE SPURS SUCKED IN THAT GAME!!!!! They played like crap, and this loss is actually good for them, put a little cautiousness into their game.

MI21
06-01-2005, 06:56 AM
Has IceColdBrewski posted a single take about Tony Parker during the first 3 games where he averaged 24/5/4 on 53% against the supposed best player in the league?

stéphane
06-01-2005, 07:07 AM
Has IceColdBrewski posted a single take about Tony Parker during the first 3 games where he averaged 24/5/4 on 53% against the supposed best player in the league?
Has IceColdBrewski posted a single take about the spurs during the first 3 wins?

ZStomp
I'm not worried.

I'm not a bandwagoner.

ShoogarBear
There's a whole core of people who only mention TP when he's not playing well.

ZStomp
06-01-2005, 07:09 AM
There's reason for some level of angst. Winning in Phoenix a 3rd time in this series is probably going to be very difficult. And if they lose in Phoenix, coming back here for a Game Six would be tremendous pressure. But you can't jump to the conclusion that they are going to end up in a game seven dogfight in Phoenix. There's two more opportunities to win before they could be faced with that.

The Spurs usually respond well to losses. And Monday's loss hopefully shook them like game one of the Denver series shook them.

Ditto.

Thus, I'm not worried. No need to panic.

SPARKY
06-01-2005, 07:13 AM
There's a whole core of people who only mention TP when he's not playing well.

I believe he's the only non-Argentine member of that faction...

SPARKY
06-01-2005, 07:17 AM
I'm not worried. I'm pissed. This team needs to develop a killer instinct. Hopefully they aren't buying into all of the hype that's surrounded the team lately about how they're a dynasty in the making, they are just like the Pats, they execute so well, etc...

stéphane
06-01-2005, 07:22 AM
Once again, truth will come from the court.
Its just another thread that will disapear after tonight's win.
Spurs will show pride, guts and close the serie and some posters will disapear (again).
I cant wait for it. Go Spurs.

smeagol
06-01-2005, 07:46 AM
brewski is very much like rascal (and Walton when that idiot used to post here). They all rejoice when the Spurs lose filling the forum with stupid threads and are nowhere to be found when the Team wins.

As for Sparky The Idiot's comment on the Argies hating TP, well, as always, not all of them do. I like TP. IMO he has many flaws. But when his mind is set on penetrating and his jumper is falling, he is pretty much unstopable. But he continues to be way to inconsistent.

GrandeDavid
06-01-2005, 08:01 AM
Its sports, different teams can win and lose on any given night. The Spurs lost Game 3, and that loss was strongly attributable to errors by Tim Duncan. Phoenix deserves lots of credit for surviving. But I won't assume anything about momentum until I see tonight's game. Just as the Spurs are up 3-1, they could be down 3-1 had Phoenix finished the Spurs off in Games 1 and 2. But the Spurs lost Game 4 in the waning moments. Its not like they got rolled 2001 Lakers style twice straight at home. I think the Spurs are still in the catbird's seat in this series and even if they do lose tonight, they will not lose on Friday.

Extra Stout
06-01-2005, 08:27 AM
rascal likes it when the Spurs lose because it validates his hatred of Popovich.

ICB likes it when the Spurs lose because it validates his hatred of Tony Parker.

I think the Spurs are the only team in the league whose "fans" root against them.

The specter of Spurs "fans" preaching doom and gloom while their team has a 3-1 series lead, and then having to be refuted by freaking Mavericks fans, is exhibit "A" for my case that the Spurs have the worst fans in the NBA.

If not for the Argentines, the French, and the other out-of-towners, it would be a lock.

spurster
06-01-2005, 08:39 AM
The worst fans? It's just that a loss draws out all the "sky is falling" crowd.

SPARKY
06-01-2005, 08:43 AM
The Argentine faction has hated TP ever since they became Spurs fans. It seems as though the main reason is that TP was Manu's main rival to become the 2nd star on the team, as well as the most popular international Spur or whatever. It's great that you love whatever Spur because he hails from your homeland, but personally I don't really care. Stop acting like it's an assault on your homeland whenever someone is critical of your fellow countryman. That gets real old real quick. Some of us here have followed this team for a long time and we really don't give a fuck what accent someone speaks in as long as they fucking play well and help the team succeed.

Extra Stout
06-01-2005, 08:44 AM
The worst fans? It's just that a loss draws out all the "sky is falling" crowd.That's a pretty big crowd. Every time the Spurs miss a shot or allow a score in the clutch, there is this legion of fans that curl into the fetal position, shove their thumbs in their mouths, and start squealing, "Point four! Point four! AIIEEEEEEE!!" Add those to the legion that still sides with the Bob Hill/Del Negro camp after seven years and two championships, and that's a majority of the local fan base.

SWC Bonfire
06-01-2005, 08:45 AM
Idiot factor is 99.9% right about now.

SPARKY
06-01-2005, 08:52 AM
After every Spurs loss there usually are about 3 threads started by AHF about how Pop was to blame for the loss. Walton usually chips in a couple when he's around and then rascal will occasionally show up with a thread about how the Spurs wouldn't have lost the game if they had only traded for Vince Carter, Jalen Rose, etc...

I'm all for critical thoughts on the Spurs in this forum, but this forum could do without AHF's repetitive thread clusterfucks.

easjer
06-01-2005, 08:55 AM
Worried? Why? Aren't we jumping the gun just a little? Of course I'd rather be done and have it wrapped up than playing tonight. But there is every reason for optimism.

The Suns shot 60%, had crazy open three's, life signs from two players previously thought dead, and they still only won by 5 points (and those last two in the final seconds off of an intentional foul).

Here is what the Spurs did wrong:
-Bad Transition D
-Forced jump shots and 3 point attempts when they could have driven in
-Missed Free Throws
-Lack of aggression in driving in.

If the Spurs had made a jumper and one of their missed threes, it's a tie game. If they had made two of the missed three's or three of the forced jump shots, it's a win. If they had made a handful of the free throws that were missed, it's a win.

It's not like they played their best and the Suns outplayed them. The Suns played their best and the Spurs played pretty badly, and the Suns still barely held it.

Yeah, we're going to Pheonix. Yeah, we don't want to lose again, and come under even more pressure. No it won't be easy, now that we've given them a taste of hope.

But everything that went wrong for us is fixable. Hell, if just one or two from my list are fixed, it's a close game, but we'll win.

I understand the angst, anger, and disappointment of the loss. I experienced those Monday, too. What I don't understand is the flagellation and defeatist prophesying happening here.

History (as in this group, this season) has shown that Parker and Timmy D usually bounce back very well from bad games and have an extra effort to win. Manu will probably have a big game. I'm certain they spent a lot of time looking at footage and will make the necessary and appropriate adjustments to win this series.

And hell, even if they don't win tonight, do you really think they'll lose three in a row? Do you really think they can't pick up one of the next two?

Refs can influence games, but good teams play so that it doesn't matter. Good teams also close on the road (in fact, the Spurs have only closed a series at home once - WCF in 2003).

SPARKY
06-01-2005, 09:06 AM
Good post.

Extra Stout
06-01-2005, 09:09 AM
Refs can influence games, but good teams play so that it doesn't matter. Good teams also close on the road (in fact, the Spurs have only closed a series at home once - WCF in 2003). You mean the 2003 Finals, of course.

And this year's first round.

GoSpurs21
06-01-2005, 10:46 AM
hey icecold why dont you go back to the little hole you came out of?
I thought you quit on the team after game 4 of the seattle series
why should anyone pay attention to your chicken little bullshit?

Leetonidas
06-01-2005, 10:51 AM
To make you feel better, here's a nice stat:

Of all the teams who avoided the sweep down 3-0, only 1 team has pushed it to 6 games on lose, the '62 Pistons, the rest have gone down in game 5.

easjer
06-01-2005, 10:57 AM
You mean the 2003 Finals, of course.

And this year's first round.

Bah. You're right. I can't count. :rolleyes ---> me, of course. Why, yes, I do have a degree in history, why do you ask?

MadDog73
06-01-2005, 11:00 AM
Myself, I'm just looking forward to a good basketball game tonight. In my mind, the Spurs are not in a "must win" situation until game 7. If they are putting more pressure on themselves than the Suns, that's their fault. They have no reason to worry. They should play focused and calm tonight, Tony should not force/rush shots, and the Tim should actually shoot better free throws without home court "fan" pressure (I have no actual data on this, but does Tim seem to shoot better FTs away or at home?)

Anyway, Spurs should win tonight, but if they don't, there's still no reason to panic until a unlikely game 7.

Manu'sMagicalLeftHand
06-01-2005, 11:11 AM
I believe he's the only non-Argentine member of that faction...

I don't agree with this. Personally, I don't hate Tony. I like his game, 'tho he needs to improve some aspects.

I do know that some Argentinians made their feelings vocal about them disliking TP, but in this forum? Four or five as much. Here most of the Argentinians don't care about just Manu putting up big numbers, but about him contributing to a winning team. If you wanna see real Parker paranoids, check the forum at Manu's website. (Manu got tired and had to step up once and told the Parker haters to STFU, lol).

MiNuS
06-01-2005, 11:11 AM
What do you call last nights game?? He already had his disappearing act, now its time for his reappearance. He doesn't usually have two awfull games in a row, so I'm betting he'll have a good game tonight.

Manumania, like your cartoon against the door. That's Manu!

Very clever

Budkin
06-01-2005, 11:16 AM
I will say it now. Even if Phoenix somehow manages to win tonight against an incredibly primed, determined and ready Spurs team (and TD), there is no way in hell that we are going to lose two straight games on our home floor in front of the best fans in the league. No way. If we can't finish it by game 6 after going up 3-0 then we don't deserve to be in the Finals anyway. GO SPURS GO!!!

spur219
06-01-2005, 11:34 AM
It's hard to see the Spurs beat Phoenix at Phoenix 3 straight times. But I think it will happen.

Solid D
06-01-2005, 11:44 AM
http://carcino.gen.nz/images/image.phpi/19538a62/thislooksstable.jpg

The Suns winning Game 4 was only temporarily satisfying.

rwb
06-01-2005, 11:46 AM
Frankly, I am ALWAYS concerned about the Spurs because as well know they are capable of blowing 20-point leads. Having said that, I still think they'll win the whole thing in the end. Thought so at the beginning of the season and I still think so. Besides, Tim's got to be so pissed at himself over the last game that he'll surely come through tonight. It's not like Game 4 was a blowout...had the free throws been made we'd have won. Have faith!

tim_duncan_fan
06-01-2005, 11:51 AM
spur 219- It was also thought that it would be hard for us to beat them TWICE at home so mabe them being at home is good for us. At least that's how I'm going to look at it.

ca®lo
06-01-2005, 01:19 PM
Admit it. You're worried. If not, you should be. I know I am. Not only did the Spurs lift their foot off the Suns' collective throat, but they also lost the momentum in the process. And in doing so, gave Phoenix all the confidence they need to stretch this to a 7 game series. And we all know that anything can happen in a game 7. Losing this last game had a much bigger impact than most of you seem to realize. The Suns had already gained a small degree of confidence when JJ returned to their lineup. Letting them take us on our home court is only going to boost their confidence even more.

Most everybody is talking like the last game was some sort of fluke. As if the Spurs can't possibly have another sub-par game like this one. But with our young and inconsistent point guards, as well as poor free throw shooting, anything is possible. Game 5 is a lost cause. I can tell you that much right now. No way the Suns (and the refs) let the Spurs leave Phoenix with a victory. Which means, Back to SA. The pressure and the pucker factor will be so huge to win that game that the Spurs will most likely look as good as they did in game 4. Now we're looking at a game 7 in Phoenix. It wouldn't be pretty. I won't even go into detail about how Q and Marion are due for breakout games in this series.

Maybe it's just me worrying too much. But after considering all the pressure that the Spurs will be facing from here on out, I don't get the warm fuzzy feeling that some of you seem to be getting.

hey brew what happened to yah man? im not worried at all.

they also said that when we lost game 1 against denver.

they also said that when we lost game 3 against sonics.

but whos n d conference finals right?

even if we lost 4 straight last year, that just wont happen this year.

its just 1 game man.

get a grip. were going to the finals.

Vashner
06-01-2005, 01:49 PM
Enjoy Life..relax... go watch the koi in the garden.. have a cold drink...

cherylsteele
06-01-2005, 02:31 PM
If the Spurs make 7 more free throws...they missed 12....they would have won and all this about worry would be a moot point.
We would be saying Phoenix played its best but wasn't meant to be....instead of bandwagon fans worrying every time there is a loss.....we saw this in '03...and we won a a title....I hear that was Phoenix's game at its best...they got lucky that we missed easy FT's.....if that was there best.....and the spurs didn't play well from the get-go no wonder.....

It wasn't fatigue IMHO that we missed those free throws...heck alot of the misses were in the begining of the game.

My gut feels sure about a solid win tonight fir the Spurs...there will play smarter and come out on a mission.....Phoenix will as well....but if withstand the initial offensive outburst like we did in the 1st 3 games....we will win handily....and I make some extra VBookie money...I said spurs in 5

Spurs 115
Suns 103

IceColdBrewski
06-01-2005, 03:30 PM
ICB likes it when the Spurs lose because it validates his hatred of Tony Parker.

Yes. That's it. That's exactly it. I just love it when my favorite basketball team loses.

Jackass.

Extra Stout
06-01-2005, 03:34 PM
To make you feel better, here's a nice stat:

Of all the teams who avoided the sweep down 3-0, only 1 team has pushed it to 6 games on lose, the '62 Pistons, the rest have gone down in game 5.Is that just for the conference finals? I remember the Sonics forced the Bulls to a Game 6 in '96, and the Nuggets forced the Jazz to a Game 7 in '94.

Extra Stout
06-01-2005, 03:36 PM
Yes. That's it. That's exactly it. I just love it when my favorite basketball team loses.

Jackass.Or, maybe you're just a sniveling little pussy of a fan who wets himself at the first sign of adversity. Whatever.

MaNuMaNiAc
06-01-2005, 04:49 PM
The Argentine faction has hated TP ever since they became Spurs fans. It seems as though the main reason is that TP was Manu's main rival to become the 2nd star on the team, as well as the most popular international Spur or whatever. It's great that you love whatever Spur because he hails from your homeland, but personally I don't really care. Stop acting like it's an assault on your homeland whenever someone is critical of your fellow countryman. That gets real old real quick. Some of us here have followed this team for a long time and we really don't give a fuck what accent someone speaks in as long as they fucking play well and help the team succeed.
Please tell me when have I HATED on TP? Seeing as you're so fond of generalising, I assume you have prrof that EVERY Argentinian here hates TP. I would most certainly like to see that proof.

ALVAREZ6
06-01-2005, 04:51 PM
Sparky, you're a moron.

IceColdBrewski
06-01-2005, 05:45 PM
Please tell me when have I HATED on TP? Seeing as you're so fond of generalising, I assume you have prrof that EVERY Argentinian here hates TP. I would most certainly like to see that proof.

Good luck. Half the people on this forum will make shit up about you just to prove a point. What's even funnier is the ignorant fools who believe them without even seeing the proof. Oh well. It's in writing so you MUST have said it. :rolleyes

Whatever you do, don't make a bet about it with him. Sure, you'll win. But with a little skewed logic and a whole lotta bullshit, he'll soon be asking you where his money is.

FromWayDowntown
06-01-2005, 05:52 PM
Is that just for the conference finals? I remember the Sonics forced the Bulls to a Game 6 in '96, and the Nuggets forced the Jazz to a Game 7 in '94.

And the Blazers pushed the Mavs to Game 7 in the First Round in 2003 after going down 3-0 -- they won Game 4 at home, Game 5 on the road, and Game 6 at home. Just for the record. I can't think of any other such occurrences, though.

MaNuMaNiAc
06-01-2005, 06:15 PM
Interesting how Sparky doesn't answer

CaptainLate
06-01-2005, 06:25 PM
My gut feels sure about a solid win tonight fir the Spurs...there will play smarter and come out on a mission.....Phoenix will as well....but if withstand the initial offensive outburst like we did in the 1st 3 games....we will win handily....and I make some extra VBookie money...I said spurs in 5

Spurs 115
Suns 103

I want to shut that Shawn Marion up with his comments we were tired because we can't run with them. I hope Bruce the Noose wrings his neck tonight.

E20
06-01-2005, 06:44 PM
Damn,
It's just a sport.
:lol

1Parker1
06-01-2005, 07:04 PM
Sparky, you're a moron.

Actually Alvarez, I thought you didn't like Parker. Didn't you say you think he never passes the ball to Manu and that he takes too many shots intended for Manu....or something to that effect.

1Parker1
06-01-2005, 07:05 PM
I want to shut that Shawn Marion up with his comments we were tired because we can't run with them. I hope Bruce the Noose wrings his neck tonight.

Me too! And hopefully chip in another 15 points while he's at it :)

exstatic
06-01-2005, 07:16 PM

ICB is nowhere to be found when Tony has a good game. That limits his posting, which is a good thing for those of you who don't yet have him on your ignore list.

slayermin
06-01-2005, 07:22 PM
Actually Alvarez, I thought you didn't like Parker. Didn't you say you think he never passes the ball to Manu and that he takes too many shots intended for Manu....or something to that effect.

Well if Alvarez did say that, it's true. Tony probably doesn't do it on purpose but he gets tunnel vision when he thinks it's his turn to score.