PDA

View Full Version : Vs Bulls

chazley
02-18-2011, 02:20 AM
No need to worry... we won't be seeing D-Rose in the playoffs, and we match up much better against the Celtics.

The fact is, every team in the NBA from here on out is going to go 110% against us because of our record, and we won't be going 110% until playoff time unless it's the Heat/Celtics/Lakers/Mavs.

Even against those teams... it means more to them than it does to us, because they'll have something to prove.

All you guys freaking out, don't. We had one bad game, and we only lost by ten against a great team who's best player had to score a career high at home.

AidanNelson2009
02-18-2011, 02:30 AM
Spurs are only travelling at 85%, they are waiting for the play-offs but will try and win every game they play. I hope we don't see the Bulls again, i believe they can take us with Rose becoming an absolute jet.

TampaDude
02-18-2011, 11:25 AM
Rose was beasting last night, and everything was going in for the Bulls, and we only lost by 10. Not worried about it at all. We won't be seeing them again this season anyway.

xmas1997
02-18-2011, 11:32 AM
We've had more than one bad game that exposed the Spurs weakness, lack of an above average consistent defense. Loses to the Mavs, Celtics, Knicks, Magic and Bulls all should have shown us this.
To go far in the playoffs and win it all, the Spurs must find and maintain a CONSISTENT ABOVE AVERAGE DEFENSE.
I haven't seen that yet. Have any of you?
Without that, there will not be the big enchilada for S.A. this year no matter how gaudy the regular season record is.
Don't believe me? Ask Pop. He'll tell you the same. Or better, ask the Suns.

TampaDude
02-18-2011, 11:45 AM
We've had more than one bad game that exposed the Spurs weakness, lack of an above average consistent defense. Loses to the Mavs, Celtics, Knicks, Magic and Bulls all should have shown us this.
To go far in the playoffs and win it all, the Spurs must find and maintain a CONSISTENT ABOVE AVERAGE DEFENSE.
I haven't seen that yet. Have any of you?
Without that, there will not be the big enchilada for S.A. this year no matter how gaudy the regular season record is.
Don't believe me? Ask Pop. He'll tell you the same. Or better, ask the Suns.

Well, we also have wins against all those teams you listed, except for the Celtics, who we've only faced once so far this season, so I wouldn't step off the ledge just yet.

pookenstein
02-18-2011, 12:49 PM
Spurs are only travelling at 85%, they are waiting for the play-offs but will try and win every game they play. I hope we don't see the Bulls again, i believe they can take us with Rose becoming an absolute jet.

I'd love to see them again cause it would mean we're in the Finals.

xmas1997
02-18-2011, 03:11 PM
Well, we also have wins against all those teams you listed, except for the Celtics, who we've only faced once so far this season, so I wouldn't step off the ledge just yet.

No bridge stepping off here, just the facts, Mame.
You are right, we have beaten those teams except the Celtics, but those teams were missing key personnel, so a lot of it was shear luck and some before they got their defense together.
Again, ask Pop what he thinks of the Spurs defense and what it will take to win a championship this year. It is in countless articles and interviews with him.
I think I will trust his judgment on the matter rather than some fans who pose as arm chair coaches. No insults intended, just the facts, Mame.

G-Dawgg
02-18-2011, 03:31 PM
How often does some body drop 40 points on our heads...I don't think we would lose again if we were to play them tomorrow...

TampaDude
02-18-2011, 04:45 PM
No bridge stepping off here, just the facts, Mame.
You are right, we have beaten those teams except the Celtics, but those teams were missing key personnel, so a lot of it was shear luck and some before they got their defense together.
Again, ask Pop what he thinks of the Spurs defense and what it will take to win a championship this year. It is in countless articles and interviews with him.
I think I will trust his judgment on the matter rather than some fans who pose as arm chair coaches. No insults intended, just the facts, Mame.

I gave you the facts, gnsf...it's called 46-10 and the best record in the NBA. Until someone actually knocks us off in the playoffs, how we'll do in the playoffs is all just speculation, anyway.

TampaDude
02-18-2011, 04:46 PM
How often does some body drop 40 points on our heads...I don't think we would lose again if we were to play them tomorrow...

^ this :toast

xmas1997
02-18-2011, 05:40 PM
I gave you the facts, gnsf...it's called 46-10 and the best record in the NBA. Until someone actually knocks us off in the playoffs, how we'll do in the playoffs is all just speculation, anyway.

Again, I believe Pop has a better finger on the pulse of this issue than you do.
I think I'll put my trust in his opinion, thank you very much.

TampaDude
02-18-2011, 05:59 PM
Again, I believe Pop has a better finger on the pulse of this issue than you do.
I think I'll put my trust in his opinion, thank you very much.

Sure...I never claimed to know more than Pop about basketball. Just stating the facts. Are we or are we not 46-10 with the best record in the NBA this season so far? Just the facts, ma'am...just the facts.

honestfool84
02-18-2011, 06:01 PM
:lol TampaDude is right, '97.