PDA

View Full Version : Kobe showing his true colors

ChrisRichards
02-18-2011, 10:25 AM
NO show at the Lakers ceremony to honor the great Jerry West.

Here's the thing though, Shaq, a Boston Celtic was present.

SMH

z0sa
02-18-2011, 10:29 AM
Considering how much Kobe owes both Jerry West and Shaq, you'd have thought he'd be there. What a disgusting ego tbh

Muser
02-18-2011, 10:32 AM
Too busy with the bastard child IMO.

Cry Havoc
02-18-2011, 10:32 AM
NO show at the Lakers ceremony to honor the great Jerry West.

Here's the thing though, Shaq, a Boston Celtic was present.

SMH

:wow

cobbler
02-18-2011, 10:53 AM
LOL @ a welcher talking about true colors. :lmao

edit:

Kobe Bryant couldn't attend the ceremony, but taped a video tribute honoring the man who famously traded for his draft rights as a 17-year-old high school student.

"Nobody deserves it more than you, man," Bryant said. Congratulations were also relayed by video from West's son Jonnie, who couldn't be there because, fittingly, he was playing basketball for West Virginia.

http://sports.espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/news/story?id=6133926&campaign=rss&source=NBAHeadlines

Killakobe81
02-18-2011, 10:55 AM
Yal mental midgets ...I believe Kobe was doing some charity work ... but I bet anyone that posted in this thread probably has done extremely little to give back to others.

nkdlunch
02-18-2011, 10:56 AM
Lakers star guard Kobe Bryant wasn't able to make it to the ceremony tonight, but he recorded video comments thanking Jerry West, who brought Bryant to the Lakers.

"Obviously it's a great honor," Bryant said in the video. "Nobody deserves it more than you, Mr. Clutch. I love you and thank you for everything you've done for me in my career."

Cry Havoc
02-18-2011, 11:00 AM
Lakers star guard Kobe Bryant wasn't able to make it to the ceremony tonight, but he recorded video comments thanking Jerry West, who brought Bryant to the Lakers.

"Obviously it's a great honor," Bryant said in the video. "Nobody deserves it more than you, Mr. Clutch. I love you and thank you for everything you've done for me in my career."

That's good, at least.

ChrisRichards
02-18-2011, 11:59 AM
I stil think its pretty low for Kobe not to show up IMO. I mean Shaq and his lazy ass made it there, Kobe's like 30 minutes away from Staples. An hour of his time to pay tribute to the guy who made him what he is today is nothing.

Hooks
02-18-2011, 12:08 PM
Kobe missed it for the children :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry

MiamiHeat
02-18-2011, 01:54 PM
Jerry West is still better than Kobe.

Look at all the stats and impact for the franchise.

Jerry's head and shoulders above Kobe. And that's when the 3pt line didn't even exist.

TheMACHINE
02-18-2011, 02:11 PM
I stil think its pretty low for Kobe not to show up IMO. I mean Shaq and his lazy ass made it there, Kobe's like 30 minutes away from Staples. An hour of his time to pay tribute to the guy who made him what he is today is nothing.

Newport Beach is 30 minutes from Staples on a Thursday? You must be kidding.

Hooks
02-18-2011, 02:15 PM
Newport Beach is 30 minutes from Staples on a Thursday? You must be kidding.

Kobe should've taken his jet, no excuses. Dude is an ungrateful POS, he thinks he's too good for West.

Mugen
02-18-2011, 02:15 PM
classy move by Shaq :toast

lol at 30mins between Newport Beach and Staples Center on the 405. maybe at like 3am.

HarlemHeat37
02-18-2011, 02:17 PM
Wow, absolutely classless..I wish I hadn't read this thread, tbh, you hate seeing athletes behave in this way..

Killakobe81
02-18-2011, 02:20 PM
Yall are reaching ... Kobe and west are closer than Shaq and Jerry ever could be ...that being said it's debateable wich is the crowning achievement in West's resume:
The draft day heist of Valde for Kobe ...
The signing of shaq as a UFA
Or the gifting of Gasol to the Lakers (when he was only a consultant) LOL

Killakobe81
02-18-2011, 02:22 PM
HH stop being a little bitch ... Kobe made sure he had a message sent to Jerry that ish happens all the time. Just like artists/actors who accept an award from location ...no big deal. I hope the Melo deal comes through so that we can focus on ball and stop making up idle gossip ...yall mesy like some females ...LOL

cobbler
02-18-2011, 02:29 PM
HH stop being a little bitch ... Kobe made sure he had a message sent to Jerry that ish happens all the time. Just like artists/actors who accept an award from location ...no big deal. I hope the Melo deal comes through so that we can focus on ball and stop making up idle gossip ...yall mesy like some females ...LOL

Ho/ChrisRichards just being the jealous and obsessed person he his. Nothing to see here but pure ignorance.

cobbler
02-18-2011, 02:30 PM
Jerry West is still better than Kobe.

Look at all the stats and impact for the franchise.

Jerry's head and shoulders above Kobe. And that's when the 3pt line didn't even exist.

And yet West himself has said Kobe has surpassed him. Go figure...

namlook
02-18-2011, 05:45 PM
Jerry West got a statue first. That proves he's better than Kobe.

HarlemHeat37
02-18-2011, 06:05 PM
Kobe has definitely surpassed Jerry West IMO..

It doesn't change the fact that this is a disrespectful action from Bryant, which obviously isn't surprising, considering his character and past history..West's potential involvement in the Gasol trade altered Kobe's legacy forever, it's the least he can do..