PDA

View Full Version : Not afraid to say, I'm scared poopless of mice

PM5K
02-18-2011, 03:07 PM
By poopless I mean shitless.

It's funny because I'm not terribly scared of really anything else. Insects, dogs, snakes (although I'm not crazy about them), but mice make me scream like a bitch and jump onto something tall.

Viva Las Espuelas
02-18-2011, 03:09 PM
lol<----

jman3000
02-18-2011, 03:11 PM
I wouldn't say I'm scared of them, but the diseases they carry definitely creep me a bit.

Spiders are my big phobia. I've been having nightmares of face-hugger sized spiders coming to get me for years.

PM5K
02-18-2011, 03:14 PM
I think what creeps me out the most is how quick they are. I can run away from a spider.

CuckingFunt
02-18-2011, 03:14 PM
I'm scared poopless of anything crawly that comes into my house.

jman3000
02-18-2011, 03:16 PM
You can't run away from a spider when it's chilling in your shoe, or hiding behind your shower curtain, or walking on your face while you sleep, or when you walk into their web and don't know what the fuck to do but flail your arms around and scream like a little girl.

CosmicCowboy
02-18-2011, 03:18 PM
I don't like scorpions. Fuckers crawl inside your boots/shoes and just wait for you to stick your foot in there. Motherfucker that hurts and I was half asleep. Sure taught me to bang my shoes/boots together before I put them on.

http://www.theginblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/09/scorpion.jpg

spursfan09
02-18-2011, 03:19 PM
I wouldn't say I'm scared of them, but the diseases they carry definitely creep me a bit.

Spiders are my big phobia. I've been having nightmares of face-hugger sized spiders coming to get me for years.

I have dreams where I'll be in my bed and a big spider is coming to land on me from my ceiling. I jump out of bed and turn on the light and start looking for one big ass spider thats not there. I hate that dream!

Also I have been bit by a brown recluse before on my leg. I didn't know it was a spider until it started turning black. I went to the Tx med clinic where they cut out the bite with a razor. Couldn't walk for a few days. it was horrible!

I can't remember if I started having the spider dreams before or after that little incident!

PM5K
02-18-2011, 03:21 PM
Speaking of dreams, and this probably belongs in the Geek Zone but all of my nightmares involve my iPhone 4 getting damaged.

:(

jman3000
02-18-2011, 03:22 PM
I have dreams where I'll be in my bed and a big spider is coming to land on me from my ceiling. I jump out of bed and turn on the light and start looking for one big ass spider thats not there. I hate that dream!

Also I have been bit by a brown recluse before on my leg. I didn't know it was a spider until it started turning black. I went to the Tx med clinic where they cut out the bite with a razor. Couldn't walk for a few days. it was horrible!

I can't remember if I started having the spider dreams before or after that little incident!

Exactly why I hate them. They are extremely small and fuck up your shit.

CosmicCowboy
02-18-2011, 03:23 PM
Speaking of dreams, and this probably belongs in the Geek Zone but all of my nightmares involve my iPhone 4 getting damaged.

:(

:lmao

A shrink would sure have fun with that one...

resistanze
02-18-2011, 03:36 PM
I probably killed over 200 mice when I was doing my Masters thesis. Needless to say I'm not afraid of them but I'm waiting for my day where I'm killed by a swarm of vengeful mice.

DMX7
02-18-2011, 04:01 PM
I've never even encountered a mouse. I must be flying high in my ivory tower.

Well... actually I've seen them being fed to a friend's pet snake, but I've never had to kill one or approach one in my house.

PM5K
02-18-2011, 04:23 PM
I live a little out of the way and we have a lot of fields around here so on the rare occasion I've run into a field mouse, probably two in ten years, and for me that's two too many. We get all kinds out here from deer, to raccoons, snakes, etc.

z0sa
02-18-2011, 05:15 PM
I'm indifferent to mice. Now, the aforementioned spiders, or other strange multi-legged creatures give me the creeps. I dislike killing them but I usually feel forced to; I can't just sit here with it watching me like that . .

Frenzy
02-18-2011, 05:16 PM
http://www.villafjolle.dk/stuartlittle2.jpg

mrsmaalox
02-18-2011, 05:20 PM
Oh gawd CC just had to post that pic, I almost fainted. Mice don't really bother me, they are kind of cute and I haven't had any unpleasant encounters with them. But scorpions and centipedes, and to a lesser extent spiders, freak me out. I can't say that any of those small things scare me near as much as things that are bigger than me.....huge dogs, cows, horses, bears, rhinos, t. rex....those are scary! :(

Fpoonsie
02-18-2011, 05:21 PM
I get nervous even mentioning spiders on ST 'cause it tends to get redzero's gif-loving dick hard.

But, yeah. I'm completely terrified of them.

As far as CC's post, I'm not so scared of scorpions, BUT I used to live in a small(ish) log cabin out in the woods with my then-girlfriend. Every once in a while, we'd have a little stack of dishes in the sink, and when we finally got around to cleaning them, we'd occasionally pick up a pot, and one of those creepy little fuckers would be crawling out of the sink drain. Shit certainly made me jump each time.

spurs_fan_in_exile
02-18-2011, 05:24 PM
Normals bugs in real life aren't anything I sweat. One of my elementary school teachers kept a tarantula as a class pet of sorts, so from a young age I was more educated about them than traumatized about them. Even the monstrous Houston roaches don't phaze me anymore. But the idea of giant bugs creeps me the fuck out. Been a while since I've had any dreams about them, but as an avid gamer I can say that I'm not a fan of the trend of making giant fucking bugs a staple of every other action game these days. Gives me the willies.

symple19
02-18-2011, 05:26 PM
yeah, I miss that Redzero sig

PM5K
02-18-2011, 05:27 PM
I've never understood why people turn mice into cute creatures for movies, or why it works.

CosmicCowboy
02-18-2011, 05:30 PM
Normals bugs in real life aren't anything I sweat. One of my elementary school teachers kept a tarantula as a class pet of sorts, so from a young age I was more educated about them than traumatized about them. Even the monstrous Houston roaches don't phaze me anymore. But the idea of giant bugs creeps me the fuck out. Been a while since I've had any dreams about them, but as an avid gamer I can say that I'm not a fan of the trend of making giant fucking bugs a staple of every other action game these days. Gives me the willies.

I've got a very healthy population of tarantulas in my yard. I won't let anyone kill them and sightings every other day are not uncommon. I think they are pretty cool.

Fpoonsie
02-18-2011, 05:31 PM
yeah, I miss that Redzero sig

Fuck. you.

PM5K
02-18-2011, 05:31 PM
I think if anyone saw me when I saw that mouse they would have pissed their pants laughing. I was laughing the shit was so funny, because I screamed like a girl, and then laughed at myself for screaming like a girl, and then repeated the thing a few times, all while standing on top of a box.

Savoir Faire
02-19-2011, 10:34 AM
Of mice and men....err, of mice and women.