PDA

View Full Version : GAC: Carlisle on Beaubois

mikeschy55
02-18-2011, 10:01 PM
http://espn.go.com/dallas/radio/archive?id=4503349

Says Beaubois will be in full physical condition by early April, but because he's such a gifted athlete and because he'll be playing with the starting line up, he hopes he can fast-track that process.

Says he has high hopes for him as everyone. To clarify Roddy's role on the team he went on to speak of Barea and how well he's been playing recently and how he has become more of a true PG.... but that Roddy added an element to the team that they never had before and enhanced them in several ways on offense.

It's good to see our coach speaking freely on Roddy now. The night before last in a press conference (when we played the Kings) he went as far to say (i'm summarizing)...

"It's not just that Roddy has the talent and the physical abilities to be a special player, but I think he's learning what it takes to become one."

Very high praise for Roddy..... hope he's right.

mavsfan1000
02-18-2011, 10:17 PM
Man this is almost the perfect lineup for him to do his thing with Kidd, Peja, and Nowitzki to spread out the defense and Chandler for interior passing. I really think this team will be tough to handle with Beaubois getting his confidence up. As long as he doesn't become a black hole.

mikeschy55
02-18-2011, 10:41 PM
Man this is almost the perfect lineup for him to do his thing with Kidd, Peja, and Nowitzki to spread out the defense and Chandler for interior passing. I really think this team will be tough to handle with Beaubois getting his confidence up. As long as he doesn't become a black hole.

I think the biggest concern with incorporating Roddy into the starting line up is finding the balance of playing within the system, and allowing Roddy to develop as a player.... which will likely involve some significant growing pains. Roddy is in the starting line up so he can grow into the #2 option on offense eventually, that's an enormous step for him to be taking (seeing as how he has 6-7 yrs of basketball experience total). To some degree... we still need to pick and choose games for Roddy. He needs to start every game of course, but there needs to be some games (like the kings.... timberwolves...etc) where we give him more freedom and allow him to to play #1 to get him some more experience.... and since we have the easiest schedule in the league from here on out, it should be pretty easy to do that. It's going to be interesting to see how Carlisle handles Roddy.... "for sure"

LILCOOK
02-18-2011, 10:45 PM
What he say about barea?

LILCOOK
02-18-2011, 10:49 PM
didnt rick go on to say barea was missed last night? its sad how the media never asks about barea not even when roddy wasnt even on the team. rick had to mention barea his own damn self bc he knows the media never will ask about him. thats kind of fucked up.

mikeschy55
02-18-2011, 11:18 PM
We all love what Barea gives the team. He'd come out and play if he had the fucking plague if he had to.... but Roddy's a different caliber player man. The Mavericks are genuinely hoping he can be their future, if your a Mavs fan than you can either embrace that or reject it.... either way, it's really not going to effect Barea.

Phillip
02-18-2011, 11:31 PM
What he say about barea?

whats with your love affair with beaners

LILCOOK
02-18-2011, 11:34 PM
well if mavs keep beabouis and dont win a championship this year mark cuban will go down as the biggest idiot owner in all of basketball bc he had plenty of options out there and turned em all down bc of beabouis. he better be ready to be be riddled as a owner if mavs end up a failure this year. you cant say there arent guys out there either bc there is.

mikeschy55
02-18-2011, 11:39 PM
well if mavs keep beabouis and dont win a championship this year mark cuban will go down as the biggest idiot owner in all of basketball bc he had plenty of options out there and turned em all down bc of beabouis. he better be ready to be be riddled as a owner if mavs end up a failure this year. you cant say there arent guys out there either bc there is.

you give me someone who....
A) isn't ancient
B) a legit #2 option on offense...
C) and is available....

And I'll happily trade away Roddy/savings/ and a couple picks

LILCOOK
02-18-2011, 11:43 PM
this team doesnt need a legit #2 superstar mavs just need a consistent proven commodity at the 2 guard position.

will beabouis be consistent with his play like barea has the last 2 months? or will he be an up and down player like he showed last night? having one good game then a failure the next?

a proven player who has a track record would go a long way for this team esp in the playoffs.

hater
02-18-2011, 11:43 PM
good for him.

Go mavs. My 3rd favorite team.

mikeschy55
02-18-2011, 11:56 PM
this team doesnt need a legit #2 superstar mavs just need a consistent proven commodity at the 2 guard position.

will beabouis be consistent with his play like barea has the last 2 months? or will he be an up and down player like he showed last night? having one good game then a failure the next?

a proven player who has a track record would go a long way for this team esp in the playoffs.

Every other elite team will have a better option than JET as their #2 option on offense. In the playoffs, when its about your best 7 or 8 players..... its going to matter, as it did last year. Dirk needs a legit wingman.... always has needed one.

rayjayjohnson
02-19-2011, 12:02 AM
is this place fucking MavsTalk? No? Then stfu

mavsfan1000
02-19-2011, 12:05 AM
NBA Forum=mavstalk.com if you haven't noticed by now. Or Lakers playground, Miami Heats tramp talk, and etc. :toast

LILCOOK
02-19-2011, 01:50 AM
still didnt answer my question pussie.

sharpshooter13
02-19-2011, 01:51 AM
still didnt answer my question pussie.
http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g202/coreysMonster/flyingcamel.jpg

LILCOOK
02-19-2011, 01:54 AM
We all love what Barea gives the team. He'd come out and play if he had the fucking plague if he had to.... but Roddy's a different caliber player man. The Mavericks are genuinely hoping he can be their future, if your a Mavs fan than you can either embrace that or reject it.... either way, it's really not going to effect Barea.

fuck you faggot you think you and all your beabouis dick sucking homeboyz speak for all MAVS FAN NATION????????

you think there arent any mavs fans who think barea will be more of a player than beabouis??? if you think not your a fucking idiot.

LILCOOK
02-19-2011, 02:17 AM
whats with your love affair with beaners

it has nothing do bout race when it comes to barea.

its all about a guy who comes to work & bust his but every night. a guy who the world said wouldnt last a day on an nba roster. yet has made it in the nba for 5 years already. a guy who carried the mavs team on his back a number of times in his career when dirk couldnt do shit. a guy who always gets criticized for his size yet makes nba 7 footers look like total-idiots when he schools em to the basket. garnet and stoudamire for examples. barea will be a starting pg next year either on this mavs team or somewhere else. hes just too good.

sefant77
02-19-2011, 06:35 AM

lol Anthony

lol lottery

Crytek
02-19-2011, 07:26 AM
Interesting. He also said that Beaubois had TWO fractures in the same foot, which would explain why he took more than 6 months for a simple fifth metatarsel injury to heal.

Bynum 2.0?

mikeschy55
02-19-2011, 10:16 AM
fuck you faggot you think you and all your beabouis dick sucking homeboyz speak for all MAVS FAN NATION????????

you think there arent any mavs fans who think barea will be more of a player than beabouis??? if you think not your a fucking idiot.

1) No your not the only one, there are plenty of beaners who have high hopes for Barea.... just as there are plenty who think Manu is as good as Dirk or better.

2) No one's speaking for the Mavericks.... have you not heard Cuban/Donnie and Kidd all state he's the future for the franchise repeatedly? Would you like me to get their quotes for you? I have Carlisle's up there already saying he's a special player...... all he ever says about JJB is that "he's a scrapper, he plays his heart out, he's really helped us to take pressure off kid with his play recently....." stuff like that. He's our back up PG. I mean, they have a fucking billboard advertising Roddy's stardom just a few miles away from the American Airlines center.... no one's speaking for the Mavericks here.
http://sports.espn.go.com/dallas/nba/columns/story?columnist=caplan_jeff&id=6130706

Did you miss this news over the past year while sucking Barea's cock? What happened? And no.... I highly doubt Barea will ever be a starting point guard in this league.

Leetonidas
02-19-2011, 11:23 AM
GNMF :lmao :lmao

buttsR4rebounding
02-19-2011, 02:12 PM
http://espn.go.com/dallas/radio/archive?id=4503349

"It's not just that Roddy has the talent and the physical abilities to be a special player, but I think he's learning what it takes to become one."

By rehabbing an injury? Exactly what is he doing that indicates "he's learning what it takes to become [a special player]?:bang

#41 Shoot Em Up
02-19-2011, 02:19 PM
By rehabbing an injury? Exactly what is he doing that indicates "he's learning what it takes to become [a special player]?:bang

u mad bruh?

mikeschy55
02-19-2011, 02:26 PM

Well... he said that even though he's only been playing basketball for 6-7 years he knew just as much or more than anyone on the team in terms of what they're trying to do on the court and where your supposed to be, ..and said that he's really studied the game and has put in the work over the summer. He's the last one off the practice court and right now he's staying in Dallas to work out instead of going on vacation. It's not like he's just talking out of his ass.

Jt.ONE
02-19-2011, 02:28 PM
re-staaaaaaaaaaacked

DesignatedT
02-19-2011, 02:30 PM
lol mavs. they'll find a way to fuck it up.

mikeschy55
02-19-2011, 02:34 PM
lol mavs. they'll find a way to fuck it up.

As much as I love my Mavs, I wouldn't be surprised..... trade him away for a 33 yr old capt Jack or someone like that (like devin for kid).... or have Carlisle stunt his growth like he did with prince and granger....but i've got to hope for the best

jjktkk
02-19-2011, 04:17 PM
Beaubois is not ready to be the #2 option. Maybe next year. Thats the biggest ? heading into the playoffs. That #2 option isn't currently on the Mavs roster.

mikeschy55
02-19-2011, 04:20 PM
Beaubois is not ready to be the #2 option. Maybe next year. Thats the biggest ? heading into the playoffs. That #2 option isn't currently on the Mavs roster.

Pretty much.... We were hoping Beaubois would get a full season of experience under his belt so maybe he could. Either way, that's what the Mavs are hoping he can do....Donnie said a couple weeks ago he's going to be a candidate to be a top three player on the roster this season and he's already out there with the starters. We don't really have any other choice unless we trade him.

LILCOOK
02-20-2011, 01:15 PM
bareas record as a starter in the nba is a remarkable 17-0

barea was avg 20 ppg per 38 as a 2 guard the last two months.

can bebouis do the same are will the mavs regress and lose some ball games?

only time will tell but my gut tells me that beabouis will disappoint and end up just being used as a spark plug and taken out of the starting lineup before the playoffs bc the mavs will be losing games. i see barea becoming the starting 2 guard just right before the playoffs. i hope im wrong bc i wanna see roddy succeed in his starting role.

mavsfan1000
02-20-2011, 02:18 PM
I know one player that will regress. His name is Barea. I can't see him continuing this the rest of the season. He might just go back to the Barea of November and December. We know how he did in the Playoffs last year. Not good. Beaubois almost turned game 6 around after Parker had his way with Barea.

Seventyniner
02-20-2011, 02:44 PM
As long as he doesn't become a black hole.

It's far too late for that. Beaubois collapsed under the weight of his own gravitational field long ago.