PDA

View Full Version : Barkley about Spurs and Spurs at All-Star weekend

nbaman99
02-19-2011, 05:04 PM
http://projectspurs.com/2011-articles/february/video-has-barkley-changed-his-mind-about-the-spurs.html

Spurs and the Lakers are the best two teams in the west

m33p0
02-19-2011, 06:13 PM
now what? ok, gonna check what chuck has to say.

m33p0
02-19-2011, 06:16 PM
if he had said spurs and mavs as the best teams in the west, i might have believed him. lakers blows at the moment.

Cane
02-19-2011, 08:41 PM
IIRC he thinks the Spurs are too small and Duncan's too old to rely on. But he does change his opinion a lot.

Duncan2177
02-19-2011, 08:53 PM
Who cares what he thinks.:rolleyes

dbestpro
02-19-2011, 08:54 PM
IIRC he thinks the Spurs are too small and Duncan's too old to rely on. But he does change his opinion a lot.

He also thinks Allan Iverson is the best fantasy player in the history of NBA. Made him his first pick. :lol

BlackSwordsMan
02-19-2011, 08:56 PM
He also thinks Allan Iverson is the best fantasy player in the history of NBA. Made him his first pick. :lol

To be fair he didn't understand the situation

dbestpro
02-19-2011, 09:00 PM

The same can be said for winning an NBA championship.

BlackSwordsMan
02-19-2011, 09:03 PM
Oh wow too soon.

Obstructed_View
02-19-2011, 09:08 PM

And his misunderstanding of the situation doesn't change how stupid that pick is.

rascal
02-19-2011, 09:36 PM

You would if he said the Spurs were going to win the title.

DMC
02-19-2011, 09:56 PM
People who opened the thread to see what he thinks.

rascal
02-19-2011, 10:20 PM
People who opened the thread to see what he thinks.

They only care if it is something they like.

EricB
02-20-2011, 12:55 AM
I could care less honestly what the vile racist prick says.

His act tonight with Dwight Howard and his constant comments about being impressed by the "light skinned" guys was disgusting.

Em-City
02-20-2011, 01:43 AM

His act tonight with Dwight Howard and his constant comments about being impressed by the "light skinned" guys was disgusting.

how exactly was it racist??

DMC
02-20-2011, 01:51 AM
They only care if it is something they like.

The logic is so simple it's overwhelming.

:toast

DMC
02-20-2011, 01:52 AM

It doesn't disgust me to hear Charles go on about skin color and stereotypes. What does disgust me is that other races cannot.

jjktkk
02-20-2011, 04:01 AM
it doesn't disgust me to hear charles go on about skin color and stereotypes. What does disgust me is that other races cannot.

+1

UnWantedTheory
02-20-2011, 04:15 AM
it doesn't disgust me to hear charles go on about skin color and stereotypes. What does disgust me is that other races cannot.
+2

ivanfromwestwood
02-20-2011, 01:26 PM
he also said DHoward was the most athletic big of all time. DRob was way more athletic and would have killed DHoward in a dunk contest. DRob had way better in game dunks.

alchemist
02-20-2011, 01:42 PM
chuck = glenn beck.

nuff said.

TacoCabanaFajitas
02-20-2011, 02:31 PM

:lol You're such a fucking tool I swear, I'm pretty sure you've actually voted for real vile racist but God forbid you watch a slam dunk contest where a light skinned brotha, comments on light skinned brothas :rollin and do you honestly believe if Ernie said the same thing Chuck or Kenny would lose their minds? In case you haven't noticed over the years these guys don't care about the cameras being on they're pretty much joking around with each other and cameras are filming it, which is why it's the best program on TV

mingus
02-20-2011, 03:08 PM
what did Charles say? i didn't watch it.

i can't believe people actually take Charles seriously though.

SA210
02-20-2011, 03:43 PM
:lol @ TPark calling someone racist.

polandprzem
02-20-2011, 04:35 PM
:lol @ TPark calling someone racist.

and :lol one

LoneStarState'sPride
02-20-2011, 09:00 PM
It doesn't disgust me to hear Charles go on about skin color and stereotypes. What does disgust me is that other races cannot.

+5

However, I still can't fucking believe people ascribe ANYTHING credible to what comes out of that tool's mouth. This is a guy who gets dressed down on national television on a regular basis--he didn't even know the difference between "your" and "you're," for crying out loud! Yet people continue to treat his opinions as relevant. It's amazing, really.

DMC
02-21-2011, 12:47 AM
+5

However, I still can't fucking believe people ascribe ANYTHING credible to what comes out of that tool's mouth. This is a guy who gets dressed down on national television on a regular basis--he didn't even know the difference between "your" and "you're," for crying out loud! Yet people continue to treat his opinions as relevant. It's amazing, really.

Not relevant per se, but interesting. He's like someone you could sit on the porch with and shoot the shit, eat boiled peanuts and drink beer. I don't think you would hurt his feelings. That's why he's popular, he's always been a "regular guy" type mentality. That's missing a lot in the show that is the NBA.

spurs10
02-21-2011, 01:42 AM
After Stevie Wonder sings you "Happy Birthday", you probably don't give a damn about what anyone says about you. It doesn't get better than that.

mytespurs
02-21-2011, 09:41 AM
On the post game show, he said the Mavericks & Lakers were the 2 best teams in the west.

I know Charles has a history of jumping on the hot bandwagon at the moment but he has been consistent in not thinking the Spurs are one of the top teams in the west and nba.

Spurs, with their great record and all, still have to prove to him & others that the are capable of winning a championship.

Stringer_Bell
02-21-2011, 09:50 AM
On the post game show, he said the Mavericks & Lakers were the 2 best teams in the west.

I know Charles has a history of jumping on the hot bandwagon at the moment but he has been consistent in not thinking the Spurs are one of the top teams in the west and nba.

Spurs, with their great record and all, still have to prove to him & others that the are capable of winning a championship.

Chuck knows what makes a Championship team. He's been there, done that. Wait, wait...no, he hasn't. I don't mind analysts favoring the reigning Champs, respect is due there, but for anyone to say the Spurs aren't knocking on the door despite the years of consistency and performance record this year is just dumb.

wildbill2u
02-21-2011, 10:56 AM
I've seen Barkley raving over the Mavs lately and how they are the best team in Texas. I guess his opinions are day to day or influenced by the topic team on discussion.

TampaDude
02-21-2011, 11:17 AM
You would if he said the Spurs were going to win the title.

The Spurs ARE going to win the title, but not because Chuck said so. :hat

Axe Murderer
02-21-2011, 11:30 AM
The Spurs are great they're definitely gonna win the title!

Only a true Hall of Famer can speak on this subject! Barkley is obviously right! :hat

Spurs are not gonna win the West because [insert logical explanation here]

:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmaoStupid Barkley!!111 What does he know about the NBA? he never won a title, I sat on the couch and watched my team win four so I know way more!!!!!Manu>Barkley!!

HarlemHeat37
02-21-2011, 01:38 PM
Are we going to get a Barkley sticky?..

lefty
02-21-2011, 01:46 PM
@ AxeMurderer :lol

FilSpursFan
02-21-2011, 10:15 PM
He looks and sounds drunk...
:whine :drunk

ohmwrecker
02-21-2011, 10:19 PM
Did it seem like Chuck was on the verge of tears all weekend?

Cane
02-21-2011, 10:22 PM
Did it seem like Chuck was on the verge of tears all weekend?

Well on Sunday Mark Jackson's brother died :( I know at least Kenny was a good friend of Troy Escalade Jackson but I wouldn't be surprised if it affected them all

ohmwrecker
02-21-2011, 10:26 PM
Well on Sunday Mark Jackson's brother died :( I know at least Kenny was a good friend of Troy Escalade Jackson but I wouldn't be surprised if it affected them all

Maybe. He seemed to get choked up a few times. Once when he was talking about Magic.