PDA

View Full Version : Daytona 500

CubanMustGo
02-20-2011, 05:34 PM
The race was pretty much a joke with all the wrecks, but it sure was good to see the Wood Brothers finally get another victory with the #21 decked out in its David Pearson-reminiscent paint job. Trevor Bayne, some 20-year old rookie, gets the win.

PublicOption
02-20-2011, 08:29 PM
the day after Justin Bieber wins a fake MVP, Bayne wins a fake victory........NASCAR IS A JOKE!

PublicOption
02-20-2011, 08:30 PM
though David Pearson was my favorite driver when I was a kid. so it was cool to see that paint job again.

LoneStarState'sPride
02-20-2011, 08:50 PM
Between the wrecking and the absolutely RIDICULOUS 2x2 racing, this was the hardest race I've ever watched. I know I'm going to sound like one of those "well, back in the day the racing was better" types, but I used to really look forward to the unadulterated drama of the restrictor plate races at Daytona and Talladega. There was just something awe-inspiring about those huge packs of cars racing in close proximity and working the draft--I lost count of how many scintillating finishes that type of racing produced. But once again, NASCAR stepped in to fix something that wasn't broke. Yes, the track was repaved, but that didn't mean the racing itself had to be so drastically altered in the name of safety (It's a sport run at 200 freaking mph! At some point safety MUST take a backseat for the sport itself to survive) that it produces racing that the King himself, Richard Petty, was "ashamed to be a part of it."

I'm with Petty on this one. Congratulations on this day belong to Trevor Bayne, the rookie who became the youngest to win the 500. Major props to him and that team for their accomplishment.

But, NASCAR, ya dun goofed.......................................again . UN-FIX it!

JudynTX
02-21-2011, 12:52 PM
Between the wrecking and the absolutely RIDICULOUS 2x2 racing, this was the hardest race I've ever watched. I know I'm going to sound like one of those "well, back in the day the racing was better" types, but I used to really look forward to the unadulterated drama of the restrictor plate races at Daytona and Talladega. There was just something awe-inspiring about those huge packs of cars racing in close proximity and working the draft--I lost count of how many scintillating finishes that type of racing produced. But once again, NASCAR stepped in to fix something that wasn't broke. Yes, the track was repaved, but that didn't mean the racing itself had to be so drastically altered in the name of safety (It's a sport run at 200 freaking mph! At some point safety MUST take a backseat for the sport itself to survive) that it produces racing that the King himself, Richard Petty, was "ashamed to be a part of it."

I'm with Petty on this one. Congratulations on this day belong to Trevor Bayne, the rookie who became the youngest to win the 500. Major props to him and that team for their accomplishment.

But, NASCAR, ya dun goofed.......................................again . UN-FIX it!

:td That couples driving is going to get old quick. :lol