PDA

View Full Version : Hoopsworld: Blair Benefitting From Brotherhood

duncan228
02-20-2011, 07:26 PM
Lots of quotes.

Blair Benefitting From Brotherhood (http://www.hoopsworld.com/Story.asp?story_id=18839)
By: Yannis Koutroupis

Less than two years ago San Antonio Spurs forward DeJuan Blair wasn't even worthy of a first-round pick in the minds of the scouts and general managers with top 30 selections in the 2009 draft. Plagued by his lack of ideal size and ACL's, Blair didn't hear his name called until the Spurs took him 37th overall.

Now Blair's name is said all the time, especially in conversations about some biggest steals in the draft and the league's best young big men.

Blair is averaging eight points and seven rebounds a game for the league-leading Spurs as a starter. He's yet to miss a game in his career, putting all the concerns about his health to rest. Blair deserves a lot of credit for staying positive through his draft-night freefall and continuing to work hard, but he makes sure to always point how much teammates Antonio McDyess, Tim Duncan and head coach Gregg Popovich have helped him along the way.

"They teach me a lot," Blair told HOOPSWORLD. "With Tim and Antonio they're like my big brothers.

"(Playing for Popovich) is wonderful. Coach Pop is amazing. Best coach out there I think."

There are a lot of people who agree with Blair's assessment about Popovich being the best in the business. He already has four championship rings, but the job he's done with this year's team that was written off by many is almost as impressive as any other feat in his career.

"We learned the system," Blair pointed out. "Last year I didn't know a lick about the system. Taking a couple weeks just studying everything that's in the system: the playbook plays, spacing and everything like that. It's cool. I'm getting into it right now."

Keep reading... (http://www.hoopsworld.com/Story.asp?story_id=18839)

http://www.hoopsworld.com/Story.asp?story_id=18839

ChuckD
02-20-2011, 07:59 PM
You can tell that he and Tim are pretty tight. One or the other is always approaching the other during a dead ball situation and asking or sharing something.

duncan228
02-20-2011, 08:08 PM
You can tell that he and Tim are pretty tight. One or the other is always approaching the other during a dead ball situation and asking or sharing something.

It's been a treat watching Duncan mentor him.

LoneStarState'sPride
02-20-2011, 09:14 PM
It's been a treat watching Duncan mentor him.

+1, it's like Five-Oh all over again

ChuckD
02-20-2011, 09:44 PM
So far, Blair's year 1 and year 2 are better than Bynum's. In fact, his year 1 is better than Bynum's year 2. Bynum's year 3 was 13/10. The bar is set, DeJuan.

dbestpro
02-21-2011, 12:55 AM
I would dispute the fact that he has not missed a game. He may have been there in person, but there are numerous games this year where he has not showed up, most recently in Chicago.

tuncaboylu
02-21-2011, 03:35 AM
Blair is really very happy to play in Spurs. He's over the clouds. His twitter messages, interviews etc shows us he likes to be a part of this organization.

I think that he would be our franchise player in the future.

So far, Blair's year 1 and year 2 are better than Bynum's. In fact, his year 1 is better than Bynum's year 2. Bynum's year 3 was 13/10. The bar is set, DeJuan.

You're right but Bynum was 18 years old when he started to play in NBA but Blair was 20. I would choose to go with Blair in each case, but this is a point that I should state.

TDMVPDPOY
02-21-2011, 03:39 AM
how can u compare bynum to blair

does bynum actually have any dominant games?

jjktkk
02-21-2011, 03:40 AM
Nice article. Thanks for posting D228.

#41 Shoot Em Up
02-21-2011, 04:02 AM
Yes, thank you 228 for another thread where u suck off
a Spurs player........gnsf like that lol

Fpoonsie
02-21-2011, 04:13 AM

lol no blue or gold dicks to suck w/ the NBA Forum shut down

lol :cry "why'd you take away my privileges, Kori?" :cry

greyforest
02-21-2011, 04:31 AM

they did something funny at the start of a game the other day; timmy had rosin in his hands and then blair high-fived both of them

ChuckD
02-21-2011, 08:33 AM

Hey short bus...it's the fucking Spurs forum.

ShoogarBear
02-21-2011, 11:15 AM
Phew, for a second I thought he had traveled to Egypt or something.