PDA

View Full Version : Charles Barkley:The Spurs' only media fan

tim_duncan_fan
06-01-2005, 12:17 PM
Sir Charles has been going for the Spurs the whole year. He thinks we're going to close out the series tonight but he's the only one. The loser Gregg Anthony was all about the Spurs the first three games but now you can tell he thinks and wants phoenix to win. Magic thinks we'll lose tonight. So I think the Spurs should go out and win this one for the chuckster.

Jimcs50
06-01-2005, 12:31 PM
Barkley has already said that he wants Phoenix to win the series because they are his former team. He is quoted at saying that his heart says Phoenix, but his head says Spurs.

The Jet has said SA would win it all, all year long. like The Jet a lot. He is perhaps the best studio analyst we have had in many a year.

50 cent
06-01-2005, 01:01 PM
That's funny because the Jet used to hate everything about us. Chuckster is turning him into a fan.

Spurzilla
06-01-2005, 02:46 PM
Didn't Ric Bucher also pick SA to win it all before the regular season? I think so. I heard one of the NBA TV guys (Rick Kamla) pick the Spurs to win game 5.

ObiwanGinobili
06-01-2005, 02:54 PM
All I knwo is , USA today picked SA to win it all sometime around 1/2 wya thru the reg. season.

As for Sir Charles.. I love that guy. I've forgiven him for the "po dunk town" comment.. and he was hilarious a few weeks ago on Bill Mahr.

mavsfan1000
06-01-2005, 02:57 PM
Charles Barkley also said the Mavs were going to beat the suns. He is wrong alot so don't think to highly on his opinions. :depressed

SWC Bonfire
06-01-2005, 03:01 PM
Yawn. The spurs have been the popular favorites all year long, where've y'all been? Do you really care what Bill Walton says? BTW, he picked the Spurs to win game 4.

1Parker1
06-01-2005, 03:11 PM
Yawn. The spurs have been the popular favorites all year long, where've y'all been? Do you really care what Bill Walton says? BTW, he picked the Spurs to win game 4.

Damn, that's why we lost!!!

NZHayden
06-01-2005, 04:59 PM
all of new zealands media is with the spurs! ,if thats any consilation

Solid D
06-01-2005, 05:05 PM
Lots of media folks picked the Spurs to win it all. Ernie Johnson with TNT did even before the season started and he still picks them now. David Dupree with USA Today, also.

I think Greg Anthony is doing the PHX thing to just create a balance between Stephen A. Smith and Tim Legler - so as not to be too boring. Just my opinion, there.

E20
06-01-2005, 05:45 PM
David Aldrige picked the Spurs to win aswell. Thank God he's of ESPN and on TNT.

nbascribe
06-01-2005, 05:56 PM
I'm the biggest media fan for the Spurs!!!! :smokin

by the way a lot of folks are picking this team....everbody but fanboy from the Arizona Republic!!! :lol

CaptainLate
06-01-2005, 06:16 PM
All I knwo is , USA today picked SA to win it all sometime around 1/2 wya thru the reg. season.

As for Sir Charles.. I love that guy. I've forgiven him for the "po dunk town" comment.. and he was hilarious a few weeks ago on Bill Mahr.

David Dupree has liked the Spurs for some time now. Aldredge, too...though I don't think he picked us this year. I miss him being on ESPN.

beirmeistr
06-01-2005, 06:23 PM
Barkley has been high on the Spurs for the last three years, although he probably picked the fantastic-4 Lakers last year. But without a doubt, he's the biggest media personality that pushed for our boy Ginobili before Ginobili was a star.