PDA

View Full Version : Any news on Carmelo?!..

HarlemHeat37
02-20-2011, 11:35 PM
I haven't heard anybody talk about Carmelo, any news yet???..

Bito Corleone
02-20-2011, 11:36 PM
I'm hoping for another Sager interview. I think the 6th time this weekend will be the charm!

DJ Mbenga
02-20-2011, 11:41 PM
seems like once denver stops posturing he ends up with the knicks. al beit in a different package i expected. prokorov got used but he did it willingly. he knows he just cost the knicks a higher package. they added gallinari and felton in a package they didnt want.

Sausage
02-21-2011, 09:23 PM
SpearsNBAYahoo Marc J. Spears
Melo is close to being dealt to Knicks, possibly tonight, a source tells Y! Sports.

http://twitter.com/#!/SpearsNBAYahoo/status/39871020328296449

LakerHater
02-21-2011, 09:28 PM
http://www.denverpost.com/nuggets/ci_17443219

Carmelo Anthony trade to New York Knicks appears imminent

Dex
02-21-2011, 09:29 PM
I heard he wants a trade.

LILCOOK
02-21-2011, 09:29 PM
hel'll end up a maverick most likely. cubes is just playing back n forth till they get tired head.

manufan10
02-21-2011, 09:30 PM
I hear he's taking his talents to NY.

I read on Twitter that he has to decide between NJ or NY by tonight.

LILCOOK
02-21-2011, 09:32 PM
really i heard mark cuban is gonna block the deal???

manufan10
02-21-2011, 09:32 PM
RT @DenverSportNews: BREAKING: #Melo trade to the NY Knicks appears imminent. http://dpo.st/fqaATu by @NuggetsNews

mavsfan1000
02-21-2011, 09:33 PM
Yeah hopefully we can trade Barea for Carmelo. Oh wait Barea is shit. Nevermind. lol LILCOOK.

LILCOOK
02-21-2011, 09:36 PM
actually barea will be getting paid big when the season is over. alot of teams gonna be after him.

Brazil
02-21-2011, 09:38 PM
from CBS

LOS ANGELES -- The Knicks have made what was described as their final trade proposal for Carmelo Anthony Sunday, pushing the months-long drama toward its merciful conclusion, CBSSports.com has learned.

The Knicks would send three starters -- Wilson Chandler, Danilo Gallinari, and Raymond Felton -- to Denver for Anthony, Chauncey Billups, Shelden Williams and Anthony Carter, sources said Sunday. The Nuggets would get the Knicks' first-round pick in 2014, while Minnesota would get Eddy Curry's expiring contract and Anthony Randolph from New York. Curry would then be waived, and the Knicks would send as much as $3 million to Minnesota to pay his freight.

The Wolves also would send Corey Brewer to Denver in the proposed deal. Carter must approve the trade and waive his Bird rights for the trade to be approved.

Confident that a Friday night meeting between Anthony, his representatives, and a Nets contingent led by Russian owner Mikhail Prokhorov and hip-hop mogul Jay-Z did not result in a commitment from Anthony to sign an extension with New Jersey, the Knicks are drawing the line. They are not offering rookie Landry Fields or Russian center Timofey Mozgov, two pieces Denver has asked for at various times in the negotiations, sources said.

"We shall see," Anthony said on his way out of Staples Center after the All-Star Game Sunday night, after being informed of the status of trade talks with the Knicks.

Earlier, Anthony revealed that he did not give, nor did the Nets ask for, a commitment from him on whether he would sign a contract extension that would trigger the completion of a trade that already has been agreed to between the Nuggets and New Jersey. He described the meeting with Prokhorov as "a good meeting" and "interesting," and said he was "just listening" to the Nets' presentation.

"I didn't give anybody a definitive answer," Anthony said.

Anthony said the Nuggets "have been knowing everything since day one" about where he would and wouldn't sign an extension.

"They know everything," he said.

While Anthony privately has been entrenched for months in his position that he would only agree to an extension with the Knicks if the Nuggets traded him, a person familiar with the three-time All-Star's thinking told CBSSports.com Sunday night that he did not close the door on the Nets in their meeting. Doing so would have eliminated the Nets as a last resort to get the three-year, $65 million extension that would be off the table in a new collective bargaining agreement.

The Anthony drama now rests in the hands of Nuggets executives Josh Kroenke and Masai Ujiri, who must decide whether to accept the Knicks' offer, continue pushing for a trade to the Nets, or keep Anthony beyond Thursday's trade deadline. Sources say it is unlikely a deal would be agreed to Sunday.

"The deadline is Thursday," Anthony said. "So obviously something has to happen, whether they trade me or I stay in Denver or whatever," Anthony said. "The end is here. All this stuff will be over with. I'm excited for this stuff to be over with, and I'm pretty sure everybody else is excited for it to be over with."

Anthony said he would "not be upset at all" if he were still with the Nuggets after the deadline.

A person familiar with the trade negotiations told CBSSports.com Sunday that the Nuggets were still working through specifics with the Knicks and were pushing for New York to add Mozgov to the deal. Denver also hasn't shut the door on the Nets, with whom they have agreed to the framework of a trade, according to the source. But it appears that key figures in the organization have grown comfortable with the Knicks' offer, which was sweetened significantly after the Nets re-emerged in the discussions during All-Star weekend in Los Angeles.

As the Knicks' pursuit of Anthony reached a tipping point Sunday, the team released a joint statement from Madison Square Garden chairman James Dolan, president Donnie Walsh, and coach Mike D'Antoni saying all three were in agreement on the Anthony discussions. In a rare and obscure step, the statement also asserted that "no one from outside our organization" was involved in the Anthony process -- an obvious reference to former team president Isiah Thomas, whose input Dolan has received since Thomas was replaced by Walsh in 2008.

With so many agendas and obfuscation attempts at play, it was difficult to predict Sunday how Denver would respond. But Nuggets executives have signaled that they want a resolution to the Anthony matter by the end of All-Star weekend -- a timetable that Anthony publicly stated that he favored, as well.

Just as the Knicks' negotiating strategy was sidetracked by Dolan's decision to get involved in the negotiations and meet with Anthony Thursday night in Los Angeles, so have the Nuggets' efforts been influenced by agendas affecting their still complicated hierarchy. Sources say Denver's reluctance to deal with New York throughout the process was prompted more by a feeling among some segments of the team's power structure that they should not give Anthony what he wants -- the extension with the team of his choice. But sources also assert it will be difficult for Denver to turn down what could be the best offer they will receive for Anthony -- one that gives them a quality point guard, Felton, on a better contract than the Nets' Devin Harris; a young, promising frontcourt player, Chandler, who is more polished than New Jersey's Derrick Favors; a hard-nosed, floor-spacing shooter, Gallinari, instead of multiple first-round picks from New Jersey whose ultimate value is undetermined; and $20 million in immediate savings.

The Nuggets' basketball staff is said to have preferred the Nets' long-standing offer centered around Favors and multiple picks, which would set the team up for a long-term rebuilding process -- whereas the Knicks' offer provides assets better suited to a quicker turnaround after Anthony's departure. But the Nets' competing offer ran its course with Friday night's obligatory meeting between Anthony and New Jersey officials, which CBSSports.com reported was allowed as a condition of Anthony receiving permission to meet with Dolan on Thursday.

Keeping Anthony beyond Thursday's trade deadline remains an option, though the likelihood of that has decreased dramatically, sources say. Denver is not seriously considering a nuclear option with Anthony, which would involve telling him the team will not trade him to new York and also won't give him the extension -- making New Jersey the only path to the money for Anthony. That option, sources say, would reflect poorly on the organization and could hinder its future dealings with players.

manufan10
02-21-2011, 09:38 PM
actually barea will be getting paid big when the season is over. alot of teams gonna be after him.

I don't doubt that someone would be dumb enough to overpay for him.

Exhibit A: Erik Dampier
Exhibit B: Brendan Haywood

djohn2oo8
02-21-2011, 09:42 PM
Breaking: source tells Daily News a Knicks-Nuggets deal will include Timofey Mozgov. "It's not done yet," source adds 4 minutes ago (http://twitter.com/FisolaNYDN/statuses/39876090474401792)

http://hoopshype.com/twitter_media.html

lol knicks..Nuggets got what they wanted

jjktkk
02-21-2011, 09:42 PM
Per Adrian Woj., twitter-

http://twitter.com/#!/WojYahooNBA

LakerHater
02-21-2011, 09:47 PM
What would his # be, since The Pearl's number is retired?

Kai
02-21-2011, 09:51 PM
Why would he want to go to the Nets? I've yet to figure it out.

InRareForm
02-21-2011, 09:55 PM
uh oh spurs killer harris going back to DAL?

DPG21920
02-21-2011, 09:57 PM
Dallas, Denver and New Jersey have discussed three-way that would land Harris with Mavs and Felton and Mozgov with Nets, source says.

LILCOOK
02-21-2011, 10:01 PM
yeah i love it! harris is proven beabouis isnt.

ohmwrecker
02-21-2011, 10:03 PM
Timofey Mozgov is the most important player in the NBA right now.

jjktkk
02-21-2011, 10:05 PM
Why would he want to go to the Nets? I've yet to figure it out.

Nets moving to Brooklyn. Melo prefers the Knicks though.

Pistons < Spurs
02-21-2011, 10:13 PM
Done.

InsideHoops InsideHoops.com
The Knicks HAVE TRADED for Carmelo Anthony, reports the Denver Post!

Pistons < Spurs
02-21-2011, 10:15 PM
nuggetsnews Benjamin Hochman
TRADE official, source told Denver Post. Melo to Knicks www.denverpost.com/sports

nuggetsnews Benjamin Hochman
Also, look Anthony Randolph and Eddy Curry to end up in Minnesota, source said to Denver Post