PDA

View Full Version : DimeMag.com: What an a**hole...

spurschick
06-01-2005, 12:32 PM
This article was written by some dipshit in Phoenix. I want to personally send this guy a photo of Manu holding the trophy when all is said and done.

The Life and Times of Manu Ginobili

Yesterday, we received an email from one of our readers - a Suns fan through and through - about Manu Ginobili. He had us laughing hard enough that we wanted to share his thoughts with the rest of Dime’s readers...

As a Phoenix fan watching the Suns-Spurs series, I have had the opportunity to observe Manu Ginobili up close and personal. Or, as I like to call him, “Vlade Part II.” I have come to the realization being Manu Ginobili must be very hard indeed. I would imagine his day starts out something like this:
He wakes up each morning and heads to the bathroom for his shower. He turns the water on but the rush of steam knocks him to the floor. He dries himself off and goes downstairs for some breakfast, but the air conditioning turns on and the draft knocks him to the floor. He picks himself up again, but the floor was dusty and that causes him to sneeze, which of course knocks him back to the floor. As he falls to the floor, waving his arms wildly, he yells out, "Where’s the foul?" But only his dog, Vlade, hears his cries and rushes over to lick his face. But the force of the lick knocks Ginobili back to the floor.

It is truly a miracle this guy can play basketball.

But I will say that watching Ginobili play basketball has given me some great ideas for renaming everyday things. For example:

The next time I jump off a diving board and land on my stomach, I will refer to it as a "Belly-Ginobili.” Whenever I put on sandals, I will now call them "Flip-Ginobilis.” The next time I go golfing and need to hit one high and soft, ala Phil Mickelson, I’ll call it a "Ginobili-Shot.” The first three cards laid out in Texas Hold’Em will henceforth be known as "The Ginobili.” I will be reminded of basketball the next time a politician "Flip-Ginobilis" on an issue. And the next time I see a movie that cost $300 million to make but was horrible, I will refer to it simply, but accurately, as "The Ginobili of the Year".

Finally, allow me to apologize to Mr. Manu. You see, the wind created from my typing this diatribe has most likely had enough force to knock Ginobili to the ground once more, wherever he may be right now…

--Aaron in Phoenix

samikeyp
06-01-2005, 12:35 PM
The desperation of one being down 3-1. Lucky we have Suns fans here like Catharsis who are not assholes like this guy.

King
06-01-2005, 12:35 PM
It was actually kind of funny. They're just mad cause they don't have him. Nobody complains when he's their flopper. He doesn't bother me.

CosmicCowboy
06-01-2005, 12:36 PM
actually that was pretty funny. Let him have his laugh...it's a lot more fun having the O'Brien...

SpursWoman
http://www.boomspeed.com/sweetc/sourgrapes.bmp

Funny, though.....

MadDog73
:wtf That's just stupid. :cuss

Oh, well, winning is the best revenge.

Ginofan
Meh...

You know they would be salivating all over him if he was on their team. Too bad, so sad.

myhc
Who cares? When we beat them tonight, they'll still be laughing amongst themselves making incredibly witty Manu jokes while we go for our 3rd title.

Jimcs50
06-01-2005, 12:42 PM
This is funny, I have to admit.

:)

bigzak25
06-01-2005, 12:47 PM
He wakes up each morning and heads to the bathroom for his shower. He turns the water on but the rush of steam knocks him to the floor.

i think that's funny. the rest is just silly. you gotta have a sense of humor about shit like this... :lol

Dre_7
06-01-2005, 12:48 PM
He wakes up each morning and heads to the bathroom for his shower. He turns the water on but the rush of steam knocks him to the floor. He dries himself off and goes downstairs for some breakfast, but the air conditioning turns on and the draft knocks him to the floor. He picks himself up again, but the floor was dusty and that causes him to sneeze, which of course knocks him back to the floor. As he falls to the floor, waving his arms wildly, he yells out, "Where’s the foul?" But only his dog, Vlade, hears his cries and rushes over to lick his face. But the force of the lick knocks Ginobili back to the floor.

:lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao

That is actually hillarious. I dont think Manu is that big a flopper. But the storie was still funny IMO. But NO Manu IS NOT a Vlade type flopper.

spurschick
06-01-2005, 12:48 PM
This is funny, I have to admit.

:)

I know, I know... it's funny, in theory, but right now it just pisses me off. Selling fouls is just a part of Manu's game, not all of it, and yet it's what a lot of people are choosing to focus on. I hope Manu drops 40 on the Suns tonight - let's see if "Aaron" writes a piece on that! :flipoff

MadDog73
06-01-2005, 12:50 PM
Man, I guess I have no sense of humor but I don't find it funny at all.

"Flip-Ginobilis"? "Belly-Ginobilis" Maybe if he said "Flip-Manus".

Nope, still not funny. And a whole paragraph of crap like that doesn't make it any better. I don't mind insulting other players, but at least make it funny.

tlongII
06-01-2005, 12:52 PM
I'm going to the swimming pool to do a Belly-Ginobili! LOL!

bigzak25
06-01-2005, 12:52 PM
well, aren't the suns on record as saying if manu is going to 'flop' anyway, then they are going to actually hit him....

it goes both ways....sometimes, our spurs get a great call that might have been cheap....and sometimes our spurs will not get the call when it is actually warranted...

last game, there were definitely a few instances where the refs seemed to be 'letting them play' on spurs possessions while calling the ticky tack shit when phoenix had the ball...but that stuff is supposed to even out over the length of a series anyway...

END IT TONIGHT!!! :smokin

Drachen
06-01-2005, 12:58 PM
Hey I think its funny, but as mentioned before we wont tend to complain about his plethera of flops since he is on our team.

ObiwanGinobili
06-01-2005, 01:00 PM
Punk.
Anyone notice any nationaly published emails form spurs fans bad talking other teams players??
no?
well then. nough said.

weebo
06-01-2005, 01:11 PM
Man some of you are easily entertained. That was so predictable and stupid.

JMarkJohns
06-01-2005, 01:21 PM
I think it's pretty clever, but not laugh-out-loud funny. I'm not a big fan of flops, never have been, but I understand their importance, thus do not fault a guy for taking advantage.

That said, Ginobili flops almost half the time. Inside the restricted area, outside the restricted area, when he initiates the contact, when others initiate the contact, when nothing really happens...

The reason why most think it's stupid is they now that its absurdity is actually grounded in a form of truth. Manu is a flopper and how he gets most the calls, I'll never know. Any kind of contact and he's down.

SPARKY
06-01-2005, 01:27 PM
Fuck man Ginobili draws a lot of contact to begin with. Sure, he flops occasionally, what NBA player doesn't? Aggressive offensive players in the NBA will get calls and opposing fans are left whining that the guy is just a flopper.

Whatever excuse you'll find for your team, I suppose...

ca®lo
06-01-2005, 01:30 PM
hehe that truly is kinda funny.

but it wont be funny for that bozo anymore when were holding the o brien and theyre still left wonderin what the hell happened to their so called "championship" team.

Sportcamper
06-01-2005, 01:32 PM
Funny Article...Manu is a flopper...But he is quite possibly the most fearless player in the NBA as well...

weebo
06-01-2005, 01:34 PM
Manu is not a flopper. He is playing within the rules of the game.
Whether he is initiates or recieves he is selling the contact. Manu is from Argentina and as most Latin Americans who follow Latin American sports [i.e. futbol] would know futbol players are notorious for selling all forms of contact. I think that's part of Manu's cultural/sports make-up. It's really unfair to Manu that he gets penalized by the media and some coaches like George Karl because of his style of play. I don't think any of us mind when Manu sells whatever contact he recieves because more times than not he is getting hammered driving the lane and nothing is ever called. I can remember several instances already these playoffs where Manu has been hit hard only to leave you wondering why there was no whistle blown.

JMarkJohns
06-01-2005, 01:37 PM
Fuck man Ginobili draws a lot of contact to begin with. Sure, he flops occasionally, what NBA player doesn't? Aggressive offensive players in the NBA will get calls and opposing fans are left whining that the guy is just a flopper.

I've seen my fair share of whining from Spurs fans here, so let's not stroll down that road. Yes, Manu's agressive on offense and agressive to a fault on defense, but he SLIDES under half his defensive falls. He's very good at it, but at least half are either non-calls, flops or should-be defensive fouls.

I believe this was called a charge, but note where Manu's left foot is.
http://www.nba.com/media/suns/rd3gm4_nash_drive_308.jpg

Now, yes this is only one case, but there was at least four other times Manu ended up on the floor in Game 4. He is a flopper, but the same bias that makes opponants and their fans dislike him is the same bias that makes the Spurs and their fans defend him. That knife cuts both ways...

Sportcamper
06-01-2005, 01:38 PM
Dude...Manu is a flopper.... :lol

BillsCarnage
06-01-2005, 01:40 PM
This article was written by some dipshit in Phoenix.

There are plenty of dipshit's in San Antonio too, including this thread starter?? :blah :blah

Anyway, that was funny and you sour pusses need to lighten up, geez! One little comment about Flopper and people come crying out of the wood work.

:fro

Dre_7
06-01-2005, 01:46 PM

Actually that was called a defensive foul!!

weebo
06-01-2005, 01:46 PM
Aren't people allowed to fall when there is contact? In that case, Joe Johnson is also a flopper. I remember him flopping in the dallas series. Too bad he isn't a very good one though. Next time he should avoid flopping on his face.

JMarkJohns
06-01-2005, 01:56 PM
Actually that was called a defensive foul!!

That's wonderful, then, because it means the refs are actually watching where Manu's feet are sliding... :rolleyes

Don't get me wrong. Manu's a cold-blooded killer. He's a great player and I certainly wish he was a Sun, but I hate flops. I think they are weak and while I understand them and think they can be smart basketball, i just don't like them.

JMarkJohns
06-01-2005, 02:00 PM
Aren't people allowed to fall when there is contact? In that case, Joe Johnson is also a flopper. I remember him flopping in the dallas series. Too bad he isn't a very good one though. Next time he should avoid flopping on his face.

Would you liston/read/understand what some of the better Spurs posts are saying on this site. Even they know that Manu flops.

As for your JJ/flop comment. Classy, man...All class.

I can go tit-for-tat and claim Duncan a retard because he can't land on two feet after a jump, but won't.

Oops...

It's obvious that you aren't a fan, but rather fanatic. Keep thinking Manu only falls when he is fouled. That's your right, but it doesn't make you right.

Gatita
06-01-2005, 02:02 PM

No shit.

spurschick
06-01-2005, 02:03 PM
There are plenty of dipshit's in San Antonio too, including this thread starter?? :blah :blah

Anyway, that was funny and you sour pusses need to lighten up, geez! One little comment about Flopper and people come crying out of the wood work.

Woodwork? I've seen plenty of people discussing this topic for some time now. As a new poster, perhaps you should do some research before making a comment like that. And, I wasn't generalizing that all people in Phoenix are dipshits... just this particular individual who wrote the article. But, feel free to insult me whenever you wish.

Gatita
06-01-2005, 02:03 PM

:lol

MiNuS
06-01-2005, 02:07 PM
Man, I guess I have no sense of humor but I don't find it funny at all.

"Flip-Ginobilis"? "Belly-Ginobilis" Maybe if he said "Flip-Manus".

Nope, still not funny. And a whole paragraph of crap like that doesn't make it any better. I don't mind insulting other players, but at least make it funny.

very little imagination. He should of used "flipnobilis"

this fan hatred has never been this harsh.

I guess they have been GINOBILIZED!

definition: fan or group of fans that have been obsessed with Ginobili
either for good or bad.Ginobili has entered their phsyche,therefore has also
gone in the mental paint and slam dunked it into their mental rim. OWNED!

BillsCarnage
06-01-2005, 02:13 PM
Woodwork? I've seen plenty of people discussing this topic for some time now. As a new poster, perhaps you should do some research before making a comment like that.

Yeah I've heard about the floops as much as anyone here, and each time someone like you posts the article re: Gino's floops it just brings out more dipshits who say yea or nea to the whole issue to whine one way or another.

And, I wasn't generalizing that all people in Phoenix are dipshits...just this particular individual who wrote the article. But, feel free to insult me whenever you wish.

So then judging by the title of this post you're not a dipshit but an a**hole?

mavsfan1000
There are alot of floppers in the NBA. Most of them aren't as good at it as Ginobili. It is really hard to tell which is a flop and which is a real foul. Even though I don't like it I think it is a big part of the nba. You are stupid if you don't try to take advantage of it or least exaggerate the contact.

nkdlunch
:lmao

Funny article. I hope the emotion of going to the finals knocks Manu unconcious tonight!!!

spurschick
06-01-2005, 02:25 PM

I'm actually a very nice person, but thanks for asking.

BillsCarnage
06-01-2005, 02:31 PM

Just wanted to clarify :lol

Ed Helicopter Jones
06-01-2005, 02:43 PM
Here's one:

The next time Ginobili dunks over Marion, Stoudemire et. al. all you have to say is

"Those guys just got MANUED!"

PM5K
06-01-2005, 02:46 PM

Yes she's very nice and unbelievably gorgeous ;-)

Phenomanul
06-01-2005, 03:17 PM
Punk.
Anyone notice any nationaly published emails form spurs fans bad talking other teams players??
no?
well then. nough said.

Obiwan Ginobili.... do you have the picture of the bigger version of your avatar....???

Catharsis
06-01-2005, 03:37 PM
Why would you say that? Johnson broke a bone in his face and got a concussion. Even a low grade concussion can kill you.

If Manu cut his hair, he wouldn't get as many calls. :blah

mavsfan1000
06-01-2005, 03:41 PM
Can you imagine Manu with a shaved head?

ALVAREZ6
06-01-2005, 03:48 PM
:lol LMAO!!!

This guy is such a comedian, he should be on Comedy Central, he would get so many laughs!!!

He's just jealous that his Suns are about to end their "oh so amazing" year, and no finals for the MVP. Until now, I really respected the Sun's fans....but just after that one little fucking fuck hole said that extremely retarded crap out.....fuck him and those fuckers.

When is there going to be a fan that doesn't cry? OK, you came up short this season, all you can do is try again next year.

samikeyp
06-01-2005, 03:51 PM
If Manu cut his hair, he wouldn't get as many calls

Spoken by the guy with the avatar of the player who invented the "hair fake"! :lol

ALVAREZ6
06-01-2005, 03:53 PM
I've seen my fair share of whining from Spurs fans here, so let's not stroll down that road. Yes, Manu's agressive on offense and agressive to a fault on defense, but he SLIDES under half his defensive falls. He's very good at it, but at least half are either non-calls, flops or should-be defensive fouls.

Now, yes this is only one case, but there was at least four other times Manu ended up on the floor in Game 4. He is a flopper, but the same bias that makes opponants and their fans dislike him is the same bias that makes the Spurs and their fans defend him. That knife cuts both ways...
Hey fuck hole, your precious MVP got that call. It was defensive, so STFU.

Why can't any opposing fan have respect for their opponents?

I don't cry when Amare does push-ups, or when he has an orgasm on the floor, laying on his back after being "tripped" by Beno.

BillsCarnage
06-01-2005, 03:59 PM

I don't cry when Amare does push-ups, or when he has an orgasm on the floor, laying on his back after being "tripped" by Beno.

You're a fuckin hypocrite. Let's not forget this one:

He's just jealous that his Suns are about to end their "oh so amazing" year, and no finals for the MVP. Until now, I really respected the Sun's fans....but just after that one little fucking fuck hole said that extremely retarded crap out.....fuck him and those fuckers.

When is there going to be a fan that doesn't cry? OK, you came up short this season, all you can do is try again next year.

You talk about respect by fans. You give all Spurs fans a bad name.

ALVAREZ6
06-01-2005, 04:00 PM
BTW, why do Suns fans come into a Spurs forum, can you not read?

I don't go to Suns forums and start threads like " amare is a vibrator" and crap like that.

BillsCarnage
06-01-2005, 04:08 PM

I don't go to Suns forums and start threads like " amare is a vibrator" and crap like that.

To have friendly bantering back and fourth, just like going to the games. I don't come in here starting the threads like you just listed, in fact most of them seem to be started from spurs fans. So when a Suns fan replys to it you spew out that bullshit.

Like i said, you give ALL Spurs fans a bad name.

ALVAREZ6
06-01-2005, 04:09 PM
Whatever man, perhaps you are a little on the down side because your team will no longer be in the play-offs after tonight?

Enjoy your last game of the year!

BillsCarnage
06-01-2005, 04:14 PM
Whatever man, perhaps you are a little on the down side because your team will no longer be in the play-offs after tonight?

Enjoy your last game of the year!

I'm not the least bit down. The Suns have go as far as i expected them. In fact, exceeded my expectations. For a team that litterally has zero playoff experience and the starters (sans Nash) average 24yrs old i think they've given the Spurs everything they can take. Suns have played horrible, yet barely lose. Spurs have played amazing yet barely win.

Enjoy this season as far as the Spurns can go, because next year will be the year of the rising Suns.

Ishta
06-01-2005, 04:17 PM
I'm not the least bit down. The Suns have go as far as i expected them. In fact, exceeded my expectations. For a team that litterally has zero playoff experience and the starters (sans Nash) average 24yrs old i think they've given the Spurs everything they can take. Suns have played horrible, yet barely lose. Spurs have played amazing yet barely win.

Enjoy this season as far as the Spurns can go, because next year will be the year of the rising Suns.

http://spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/smiafro.gifThey need to learn how to play DEFENSE first! Spurns.....that's a new onehttp://spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/smilol.gif

SpursWoman
06-01-2005, 04:19 PM
Spurns.....that's a new one

No...as old and lame as all the rest. :)

ALVAREZ6
06-01-2005, 04:19 PM

Steve Nash....Quentin Richardson...Joe Johnson...Jim Jackson....Amare Stoudemire....Shawn Marion... and they went further than you expected?

"Suns played horrible" you're right on that one.

"Spurs have played amazing yet barely win" it's quite the opposite.

Next year....the Suns won't even be as succesful. The Suns will never make it to the finals until they play defense. If the ydon't change their style of play, then the same thing is going to happen.

Defense wins championships...

samikeyp
06-01-2005, 04:21 PM
Spurs have played amazing yet barely win.

Until the NBA award extra points for margin of victory....this statement is irrelevant.

nkdlunch
06-01-2005, 04:22 PM
The Suns I think they've given the Spurs everything they can take. Suns have played horrible, yet barely lose. Spurs have played amazing yet barely win.

:wtf Up to this point this has been the easiest series of the whole playoffs for the Spurs.

Barely win???? We've spanked you at your own game all 3 first games.

ALVAREZ6
06-01-2005, 04:24 PM
BillsCarnage, if the Spurs barely win, then did they just magically get a free head start with 3 wins?

If they did, then it all makes sense know, because the Suns play horrible but they win, which explains why we lost in game 4. Gotcha now.

BillsCarnage
06-01-2005, 04:30 PM
BillsCarnage, if the Spurs barely win, then did they just magically get a free head start with 3 wins?

If they did, then it all makes sense know, because the Suns play horrible but they win, which explains why we lost in game 4. Gotcha now.

The only game the Spurs dominated was gm3, otherwise every game has come down to the last minute. And since the Suns are basically a group of kids i would have expected the Spurs to dominate. Did they? Nope.

samikeyp
06-01-2005, 04:32 PM
Domination is irrelevant. Its that you win...not how you win.

nkdlunch
06-01-2005, 04:33 PM
The only game the Spurs dominated was gm3, otherwise every game has come down to the last minute. And since the Suns are basically a group of kids i would have expected the Spurs to dominate. Did they? Nope.

If Spurs win tonight its 4-1. That will go down in history as a spanking to me. If they don't then you might be right, but you won't. :)

BillsCarnage
06-01-2005, 04:33 PM
:wtf Up to this point this has been the easiest series of the whole playoffs for the Spurs.

Barely win???? We've spanked you at your own game all 3 first games.

Spanked them at their own game? Hardly. The Spurs played like an experienced team in the fourth quarters of gm1 & 2 to win. Don't forget the Suns lead going to the fourth in each game. In fact the Suns have lead going to the fourth i gm1, 2, and 4. So put down the kool-aid when saying the Spurs spanked the Suns at their own game.

BillsCarnage
06-01-2005, 04:34 PM
If Spurs win tonight its 4-1. That will go down in history as a spanking to me. If they don't then you might be right, but you won't. :)

And if the Suns win i'll have a nice helping of crow for you to eat

samikeyp
06-01-2005, 04:36 PM
Neither team has been spanked in this series.

nkdlunch
06-01-2005, 04:36 PM
And if the Suns win i'll have a nice helping of crow for you to eat

If they win the series I will.

BillsCarnage
06-01-2005, 04:39 PM
If they win the series I will.

Oh no, this is about gm5. You said if they win tonight they'd win the series 4-1 and that would be a spanking. So if the Suns win tonight it won't be a spanking, according to your post. Thus the eating of the crow will begin :drunk

SPARKY
06-01-2005, 04:41 PM
Even with the Spurs spotting the Suns a limp performance in Game 4 the Spurs are still up 3-1. Suns fan needs to lay off the mid afternoon sauce.

samikeyp
06-01-2005, 04:41 PM
Thus the eating of the crow will begin

not if you picked the Spurs in 6. :)

ALVAREZ6
06-01-2005, 04:42 PM
Nash is 31 years old.

Marion is 27 years old.

Q-Rich is 25 years old.

And Amare is in his 3rd season.

Now things are much clearer, Amare has played around 300 NBA games in his life, so he doesn't know how NBA games are played yet.

Nash is just a little boy, so he can't really lead a team yet, and neither can Marion.

Much clearer now, all you had to say was group of kids earlier, then I would have understood.

nkdlunch
06-01-2005, 04:43 PM
Oh no, this is about gm5. You said if they win tonight they'd win the series 4-1 and that would be a spanking. So if the Suns win tonight it won't be a spanking, according to your post. Thus the eating of the crow will begin :drunk

That's dumb. What would I eat if Spurs lose the series??

but yes, if Suns win tonight then it's not a spankin

BillsCarnage
06-01-2005, 04:44 PM
Steve Nash....Quentin Richardson...Joe Johnson...Jim Jackson....Amare Stoudemire....Shawn Marion... and they went further than you expected?

Yup, considering they only won 28 games last year and with adding Nash and Q were variables you couldn't predict. So yes, making it to the WCF is above expectations for this year.

"Suns played horrible" you're right on that one.

You forgot the... "and barely lost"

"Spurs have played amazing yet barely win" it's quite the opposite.

Next year....the Suns won't even be as succesful. The Suns will never make it to the finals until they play defense. If the ydon't change their style of play, then the same thing is going to happen.

Hard to predict next year, but the Suns will make the right addtions in the offseason. The Spurs??? Just hope Timmeh's jello ankles hold up.

samikeyp
06-01-2005, 04:45 PM
Hard to predict next year, but the Suns will make the right addtions in the offseason. The Spurs??? Just hope Timmeh's jello ankles hold up.

Will they?

SPARKY
Yep. The Spurs are in such a quandry when it comes to personnel. Yep.

BillsCarnage
That's dumb. What would I eat if Spurs lose the series??

but yes, if Suns win tonight then it's not a spankin

Crow shit? I dunno.
:hat

ALVAREZ6
06-01-2005, 04:46 PM

Spurs will only get better next season.

Now, you want the Suns to make the right additions? All you need is a new coach. Play defense.

BillsCarnage
06-01-2005, 04:48 PM
Yep. The Spurs are in such a quandry when it comes to personnel. Yep.

I don't recall saying they were in a personnel quandry. You just need to hope 'Ol Jello ankles will hold up. Personnel wise they should be fine. The core is there just like the Suns, but older.

ALVAREZ6
06-01-2005, 04:49 PM
The core is there just like the Suns, but older.
Nash is 31 buddy.

Marion is as old as Manu.

Explain?

FearDaFro
06-01-2005, 04:50 PM
I don't recall saying they were in a personnel quandry. You just need to hope 'Ol Jello ankles will hold up. Personnel wise they should be fine. The core is there just like the Suns, but older.

Um, you're questioning the SPURS durability?

Who exactly is your MVP right now?

You should be worrying how you're going to get steve nash through another postseason healthy.

Ishta
06-01-2005, 04:51 PM

Look pal you and every team in the NBA wishes they had Timmy on their team...

samikeyp
06-01-2005, 04:53 PM
The Spurs??? Just hope Timmeh's jello ankles hold up

Duncan is 29, Ginobili 27 and Parker 23. Also they are all off this summer and not playing international ball. I think the Spurs will be just fine next season.

ALVAREZ6
06-01-2005, 04:55 PM
BillsCarnage, just leave before you humiliate again.

I'm only speaking to make things better for you...just go.....

samikeyp
06-01-2005, 04:58 PM
The core is there just like the Suns, but older.

Depends on your definition of core. If by the Suns core you mean Nash, Stoudemire and Marion they are a combined 81 yrs old. Parker, Ginobili and Duncan are a combined 79yrs old. Now if you mean Stoudemire, Marion and Johnson...then you have 75yrs...but you also have last season's Suns team...sans Nash.

BillsCarnage
06-01-2005, 05:02 PM
Nash is 31 buddy.

Marion is as old as Manu.

Explain?

Average age of the starters:
Suns - 25.8
Spurs - 28.4

Take away Nash and Bowen
Suns - 24.5
Spurs - 27

Playoff experience before this year: Advanage Spurs by a large margin.

Spurs have the advantage on the bench too. Yet each game has come down to the final minute or two. Even gm3 the Suns pulled within 6 in the closing minutes.

My point, these might be the two dominant teams in the WC for the next 5 years if 'Ol Jello ankles can hold up.

BillsCarnage
06-01-2005, 05:03 PM
BillsCarnage, just leave before you humiliate again.

I'm only speaking to make things better for you...just go.....

Lead the way chump! Always the last gasp comment when you have no more ammo.

ALVAREZ6
06-01-2005, 05:04 PM
Playoff experience before this year: Advanage Spurs by a large margin.

Spurs have the advantage on the bench too. Yet each game has come down to the final minute or two. Even gm3 the Suns pulled within 6 in the closing minutes.

My point, these might be the two dominant teams in the WC for the next 5 years if 'Ol Jello ankles can hold up.
You truly believe the suns team will be similar for the next 5 years? Right.

The Suns don't need a bench, they play their starters around 41 minutes per game each, unless they get in foul trouble.

ALVAREZ6
06-01-2005, 05:06 PM
Lead the way chump! Always the last gasp comment when you have no more ammo.
BillsCarnage, after showing up here today, bring retarded comments on the Suns and the Spurs, showing no knowledge, if the Spurs win, you better be in this forum right after.

I want to see your opinion then, I guarantee you won't even show up.

SPARKY
06-01-2005, 05:07 PM
Nash's health is much more of a concern than TD's. At 31 and considering that he's playing a perimeter position how much longer can he realistically play at a high level? The Suns are just as dependent on Nash as the Spurs are on TD.

Pretty dumb argument for a Suns fan to be advancing. Maybe you need to wipe some of the film off the walls in your glass house so you can get a better view...

FearDaFro
06-01-2005, 05:09 PM
odd, i seem to recall half %80 of the championship teams winning with 33 and 34-year olds......

Malone and Stockton made the finals at 35.

The Spurs won in 1999 with the biggest collection of fossils I've ever seen....

The Lakers won by putting a bunch of old men around shaq and Kobe.....

Houston repeated their title by trading an old guy for an even OLDER guy...

By the time the Bulls won their 6th title, did they have a single player under 34?

Exactly when did having guys over 30 become a BAD thing? Last time I checked, you don't win titles with kids.

ALVAREZ6
06-01-2005, 05:11 PM
The Suns are just as dependent on Nash as the Spurs are on TD.

The sad part is, the Suns are MORE dependent on Nash than the Spurs on TD.

If we played Horry and Nazr, we could win more games then the Suns could without Nash.

Nash is their whole entire offense...he is the reason why they get so many open 3's, he is the reason why amare gets so many clean looks, he is the reason why marion gets so many easy fast break points (not in this series), he is the reason for everything.

You take out nash, the suns will average 80 ppg. The suns can shoot and all, but they can't get the looks without him, nash is the guard that draws the most defenders on him, and he's only 6'3"...I've never seen 4 guys follow one little guard ever until this series....

BillsCarnage
06-01-2005, 05:12 PM
BillsCarnage, after showing up here today, bring retarded comments on the Suns and the Spurs, showing no knowledge, if the Spurs win, you better be in this forum right after.

I want to see your opinion then, I guarantee you won't even show up.

Didn't this whole debate start when you spewed out this BS: "but just after that one little fucking fuck hole said that extremely retarded crap out.....fuck him and those fuckers."

Showing no knowledge? Go back and read the whole thread, you're the one with the lack of knowledge.

Don't worry I'll be back win or lose tonight. I dish it and i can take it. I know the Spurs are the better team, but when jack asses like you start spewing BS then i feel like jumping in.

ALVAREZ6
06-01-2005, 05:15 PM
Didn't this whole debate start when you spewed out this BS: "but just after that one little fucking fuck hole said that extremely retarded crap out.....fuck him and those fuckers."

Showing no knowledge? Go back and read the whole thread, you're the one with the lack of knowledge.

Don't worry I'll be back win or lose tonight. I dish it and i can take it. I know the Spurs are the better team, but when jack asses like you start spewing BS then i feel like jumping in.
What did you type to get to this forum? I'm sure it included "spurs" in there somewhere.. This is where Spurs fans are assumed to talk privately in here, without having to worry about other teams' fans coming in here and listening.

What do you expect dude?

Would you like me to see what kind of crap I would get at any suns forum?

smeagol
06-01-2005, 05:19 PM
Bold prediction:

Billy Boy Carnage either stops posting after the Suns lose tonight, or he will come in here an blame the refs for the loss.

By the way Billy, I have one word for you:

DEFENSE

Learn to spell that word before you attempt to win an NBA championship, chump.

Until that happens, we don't give a shit about the age of your players, the state of Nash's health or if you think Manu is a great flopper or not.

Get it junior?

samikeyp
06-01-2005, 05:19 PM
Don't worry I'll be back win or lose tonight.

well you are half right.

If the Spurs win tonight and you do come back....You will be fill of excuses and no respect for the better team.

BillsCarnage
06-01-2005, 05:21 PM
What did you type to get to this forum? I'm sure it included "spurs" in there somewhere.. This is where Spurs fans are assumed to talk privately in here, without having to worry about other teams' fans coming in here and listening.

What do you expect dude?

Would you like me to see what kind of crap I would get at any suns forum?

Go right ahead, but don't forget you'd be the one initiating the whole thing. This thread was started by a Spurs fan, NOT a Suns fan. I would have been on the Mavs board, but those sissies turned off the registration. If this board was private it wouldn't even have a public URL. It would be buried some place where only a few people can access it. Take the good and the bad. No different than going to a game and having opposing fans next to you.
Get over your righteous "this is our board only" BS.

samikeyp
06-01-2005, 05:23 PM
Yes Bill...it was started by a Spurs fan who singled out one Suns fan...unlike you who think almost the entire Spurs fan base are bandwagoners.

ALVAREZ6
06-01-2005, 05:24 PM
Go right ahead, but don't forget you'd be the one initiating the whole thing. This thread was started by a Spurs fan, NOT a Suns fan. I would have been on the Mavs board, but those sissies turned off the registration. If this board was private it wouldn't even have a public URL. It would be buried some place where only a few people can access it. Take the good and the bad. No different than going to a game and having opposing fans next to you.
Get over your righteous "this is our board only" BS.
I didn't say "this is our board only" I'm just asking you, what did you expect?

BillsCarnage
06-01-2005, 05:25 PM
well you are half right.

If the Spurs win tonight and you do come back....You will be fill of excuses and no respect for the better team.

You are wrong, feel free to refer to my first post here: http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16439

I will make no excuses. The better team will win the series, i've stated that all a long.

ALVAREZ6
06-01-2005, 05:26 PM
Yes Bill...it was started by a Spurs fan who singled out one Suns fan...unlike you who think almost the entire Spurs fan base are bandwagoners.
Even if you mean that he should only be calling ME a bandwagoner, I still don't think everyone knows the term "bandwagoner"

Arguing with an opposing fan makes me a bandwagoner? I think it's the opposite, if I jumped to his ship, then that would make me a bandwagoner.

BillsCarnage
06-01-2005, 05:28 PM

No, just a large portion of the posters on this board. There are some that are die-hards and i respect those. I'd expect the same from them when i defend my team. If they/you don't then you prove it even more.

samikeyp
06-01-2005, 05:34 PM
No, just a large portion of the posters on this board

So since you said "99% of posters on this board" only 1% are diehards?

spurschick
There are plenty of dipshit's in San Antonio too, including this thread starter??

I wasn't generalizing that all people in Phoenix are dipshits... just this particular individual who wrote the article. But, feel free to insult me whenever you wish.

BillsCarnage, I started a thread in a SPURS forum. We have plenty of fans from other teams in this forum who engage in intelligent and respectful debate. You, clearly, are not one of them.

ALVAREZ6
I guess that makes him a bandwagoner.

BillsCarnage
06-01-2005, 05:35 PM

No, i said half originally. The Portland fan said 99%. Get your facts straight. before trying to quote.

samikeyp
06-01-2005, 05:36 PM
No, just a large portion of the posters on this board. There are some that are die-hards and i respect those. I'd expect the same from them when i defend my team. If they/you don't then you prove it even more

still....Spurschick was referring to a single Suns fan. One is not a "large portion"

samikeyp
06-01-2005, 05:36 PM
you said half to 99%

fact is that most of the fans here are not bandwagoners or dipshits. Just because you say so doesn't make it so.

ObiwanGinobili
06-01-2005, 05:37 PM
Obiwan Ginobili.... do you have the picture of the bigger version of your avatar....???

Yes I do.
I have a larger one and a larger cropped one. (less background).

PM if you want it.

BillsCarnage
06-01-2005, 05:38 PM
BillsCarnage, I started a thread in a SPURS forum. We have plenty of fans from other teams in this forum who engage in intelligent and respectful debate. You, clearly, are not one of them.

Explain? Coming from someone who has only had a few posts in four pages, come on. Seeing as how i'm the only Suns fan in this thread i think my posts have been respectfuld and intelligent, go back and read the whole thread before making what appears to be a snap judgement.

samikeyp
06-01-2005, 05:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ObiwanGinobili

A bandwagon fan is someonje who barely pays attention to reg. season games.. maybe cathing like 10 on TV... then gets all excited and involved if we make it into the post season tlaking all kinds of smack about how great this team is that they hardly know anythign about , just spouting stuff they read on ESPN... and then jumps ship as soon as the team losses.

Yup, sounds like half to 99% of this board.

samikeyp
06-01-2005, 05:39 PM
my posts have been respectfuld and intelligent,

calling people bandwagoners and dipshits is respectful and intelligent?

BillsCarnage
06-01-2005, 05:40 PM
you said half to 99%

fact is that most of the fans here are not bandwagoners or dipshits. Just because you say so doesn't make it so.

Right, if you look at my original post i said half, then in another post the Portland fand said 99%. I followed that up in another post with "half to 99%", thus combining the two into one. If you want to split hairs about it feel free.

JMarkJohns
06-01-2005, 05:40 PM

Gee, I don't know ALVAREZ, maybe because opposing fans lash out unnecessarily with terms like "fuck hole" and "STFU"...

I didn't name you, but will you deny that there wasn't a boatload of whining on a half-dozen different topics following Game 4?

As it turns out, Dre_7 pointed out that the call went to Nash.

Here's my original post that drew such ire from you. It has the quote from the post that it was in reguards to...

It was very convenient of you to ignore the fact I said "I believe this was called a charge". I didn't state as a fact, merely presented.

As for this being a Spurs board, yes and fine one for the most part, but I've done nothing at all to diminish this and in fact, several of my posts have helped in several threads.

You don't like opposing teams fans, that's on you. You don't like opposing teams fans stating opinions, that's on you. You don't like opposing teams fans pointing out flaws in some Spurs fans arguments, hey, tough chicken stuff.

Point is, you completely overreacted, not once, but twice. But hey, this being your board for your team I suppose it's your right to roll up the welcome mat.

Get over yourself...

E20
06-01-2005, 05:42 PM
Everybody has there own opnion and I don't really care but, these jokes were fucking horrible. Shit, on a bad day I'll have a joke a billion times funnier than this.

BillsCarnage
06-01-2005, 05:43 PM
calling people bandwagoners and dipshits is respectful and intelligent?

Come on, you're grasping at the air here. Heck, half of sports fans in general, Phx, SA, LA, Denver, where ever are bandwagoners. Your point?

The original starter of this thread called someone in PHX a dipshit. I replied saying that maybe the starter of this thread is a dipshit. Please tell me where the intelligence and respect is???

ALVAREZ6
06-01-2005, 05:44 PM
i think my posts have been respectfuld and intelligent, go back and read the whole thread before making what appears to be a snap judgement.
Let's go search for respect and intelligence!!!

You give all Spurs fans a bad name.

Suns have played horrible, yet barely lose

Spurs have played amazing yet barely win

There are plenty of dipshit's in San Antonio too, including this thread starter

samikeyp
06-01-2005, 05:45 PM
My point is that it not respectful nor intellegent. You defended someone in PHX, why can't I do the same for someone in San Antonio? Oh but...that's different, right?

spurschick
06-01-2005, 05:46 PM
Explain? Coming from someone who has only had a few posts in four pages, come on. Seeing as how i'm the only Suns fan in this thread i think my posts have been respectfuld and intelligent, go back and read the whole thread before making what appears to be a snap judgement.

Are you also JMarkJohns? If not, then you are not the only Suns fan in this thread. I was actually referring to this thread and the other threads you have posted on today. It seems obvious that you joined this forum to bash Spurs fans.

ALVAREZ6
06-01-2005, 05:47 PM
The original starter of this thread called someone in PHX a dipshit. I replied saying that maybe the starter of this thread is a dipshit. Please tell me where the intelligence and respect is???
"Someone in PHX" didn't have too much respect for Manu...he made it public about his views on new slang words.

This was all started by a jealous PHX homer.

JMarkJohns
06-01-2005, 05:51 PM
Are you also JMarkJohns? If not, then you are not the only Suns fan in this thread. I was actually referring to this thread and the other threads you have posted on today. It seems obvious that you joined this forum to bash Spurs fans.

I just signed on about 10 minutes ago...

I'm not Bill, Obiwan Ginobili knows me as he has posted a few times on a board I'm mod of...

BOth Bill and I post on AZcentral's crappy board from time to time.

I have absolutely no problem with Spurs fans, but when I present myself in a civil and respectful manner, I expect the same in return. I'm not going to tip-toe around issues that I think I can add to, but I won't be starting threads with "hey fuck hole" either...

That, afterall, was one of your boards respect-demanding regulars.

ALVAREZ6
06-01-2005, 05:52 PM
I just signed on about 10 minutes ago...

I'm not Bill, Obiwan Ginobili knows me as he has posted a few times on a board I'm mod of...

BOth Bill and I post on AZcentral's crappy board from time to time.

I have absolutely no problem with Spurs fans, but when I present myself in a civil and respectful manner, I expect the same in return. I'm not going to tip-toe around issues that I think I can add to, but I won't be starting threads with "hey fuck hole" either...

Shut up.

Timvp and Kori own you. They are way better mods than you.

ObiwanGinobili
06-01-2005, 05:56 PM
Ok, I just read this whole thing... and it's giving me a freakin headache.
It seems like someone's arguaing against a point that was never made originally which is just getting made worse by other people who like to poke snakes with sticks.. and on and on and on.

really peopel .. can't we hold out on this till at least after the game?

SPARKY
06-01-2005, 05:57 PM
Man, Obiwan, what fleas did you bring into this house?

JMarkJohns
06-01-2005, 05:57 PM
"Someone in PHX" didn't have too much respect for Manu...he made it public about his views on new slang words.

This was all started by a jealous PHX homer.

I didn't start anything. I didn't start this thread and I'm certainly not the first to call Ginobili a flopper (as even some Spurs fans have done)...

I posted a pic and presented an argument and you took exception and started the personal attacks.

I'm on record here, at AZcentral and the board I moderate that Ginobili is a great player. I refered to him as a cold-blooded killer for the timing of his great plays. The only aspect I dislike of his game is his flopping. While I have said I understand it's allowed and that it's even smart, I still don't have to like it.

Not everything is black and white. Just because I'm a Suns fan doesn't mean I'm anti-Spurs. It's quite the opposite, in fact, as I have called them the class of the League and picked them to win the Title in the preseason, midseason and before the playoffs.

I've shown the respect of which you asked, yet have been called names for my trouble...Thanks for the warm welcome :rolleyes

FromWayDowntown
06-01-2005, 05:58 PM
Referring to someone as "fuck hole" isn't exactly a compelling use of rhetoric or logic.

I do, think, however, that some of the Suns fans around here have gotten a bit disrespectful in the last 24 hours or so, apparently fueled by Game 4. Calling this group one that is predominantly populated by bandwagoners or unintelligent basketball fans is a heinous generalization that has absolutely no basis in fact. But, then again, you've been here for less than a week. Were it me, I'd wait before throwing around random characterizations (and I certainly would never rely on tlong's hyperbole to support any argument I might make) about fans that you've just encountered.

This is a good board, populated by good fans who care deeply about a basketball team that dishes absolutely no disrespect to other teams. Are there some bad eggs? Sure. But you get us all when you throw around loose generalizations, and it makes sense to me that most who are here on a daily basis would take tremendous disrespect from what you've said. If you can't understand that -- if you still think that your take is intelligent and respectful -- then you have an odd sense of character.

ObiwanGinobili
06-01-2005, 05:59 PM
Man, Obiwan, what fleas did you bring into this house?

Jesus dude it was not me.. i am sooo clean...strip me if need be.

JMarkJohns
Shut up.

Again with the respect. Do you really get off on being such a top-rate hypocrite.

And Sparky, I've been a member of this site for 3/4 months now.

BillsCarnage
Let's go search for respect and intelligence!!!

Lets..

The desperation of one being down 3-1. Lucky we have Suns fans here like Catharsis who are not assholes like this guy.

I hope Manu drops 40 on the Suns tonight - let's see if "Aaron" writes a piece on that!:flipoff

Next year....the Suns won't even be as succesful.

Nash is just a little boy, so he can't really lead a team yet, and neither can Marion.

Shut up.

violentkitten
06-01-2005, 06:01 PM
oh no the sun police are here.

ALVAREZ6
06-01-2005, 06:02 PM
Lets..
OK.

I am gonna say this one time...

When did I ever say that I was being respectful???

NEVER!!!!

I never once said in this thread that I have been respectful, so all of this that you brought up doesn't prove anything against to what I said.

YOU, yes you Bill, you said that you have been respectful.

You see the difference????

BillsCarnage
06-01-2005, 06:02 PM
My point is that it not respectful nor intellegent. You defended someone in PHX, why can't I do the same for someone in San Antonio? Oh but...that's different, right?

You most certainly can. However the person in PHX was creating nicknames for one player. Something that has been done forever in sports. Then certain Spurs fans decided to get a little obnoxious towards Phx fans, so i felt like chimming in.

JMarkJohns
06-01-2005, 06:03 PM
Referring to someone as "fuck hole" isn't exactly a compelling use of rhetoric or logic.

I do, think, however, that some of the Suns fans around here have gotten a bit disrespectful in the last 24 hours or so, apparently fueled by Game 4. Calling this group one that is predominantly populated by bandwagoners or unintelligent basketball fans is a heinous generalization that has absolutely no basis in fact. But, then again, you've been here for less than a week. Were it me, I'd wait before throwing around random characterizations (and I certainly would never rely on tlong's hyperbole to support any argument I might make) about fans that you've just encountered.

This is a good board, populated by good fans who care deeply about a basketball team that dishes absolutely no disrespect to other teams. Are there some bad eggs? Sure. But you get us all when you throw around loose generalizations, and it makes sense to me that most who are here on a daily basis would take tremendous disrespect from what you've said. If you can't understand that -- if you still think that your take is intelligent and respectful -- then you have an odd sense of character.

Just wondering, was this directed at me?

If you can find one post where I was the antagonist or where I did the disrespecting, then I'll leave...

I haven't and I'm sorry I dragged Obi into this. I hope this doesn't discourage him from posting.

I didn't come here to pick fights. Yet every point I've made, no matter how valid, has been met with "alvarez" like greetings. Hell, I could even concede the Spurs are great and some Spurs fans here would dump on the post.

violentkitten
06-01-2005, 06:04 PM
how about we dont care man? if i had the time to run around the internets enforcing the standards of nba fan forumdom as i see fit i'd probably off myself.

get over yourself.

ALVAREZ6
06-01-2005, 06:05 PM
Again with the respect. Do you really get off on being such a top-rate hypocrite.

Please explain to me how I am a hypocrite...I never said that I was being respectful.

Bill, on the other hand, did say very clearly that he was respectful.

?

samikeyp
06-01-2005, 06:07 PM
I praise Catharsis and you bitch? nice. That person didn't just give nicknames...he was being intentionally insulting. If a Spurs fan did that about a Suns player....there would be the same uproar.

picnroll
06-01-2005, 06:08 PM
Flopping aside people actually thought that article was funny? Damn. The Seatlle guy who was writing the blog, that guy was funny. This guys' humor sucks.

JMarkJohns
06-01-2005, 06:08 PM
Please explain to me how I am a hypocrite...I never said that I was being respectful.

Fine, but you certainly asked for opposing fans to be.

Which is funny, considering how you address people and how I have been.

BillsCarnage
06-01-2005, 06:09 PM

I'm not the one calling people fuck holes or telling people to shut the fuck up. I only had an issue with one person and other Spurs fans decided to jump on too (bandwagonning this thread? :spin ). I came to this board to have intelligent and respectful banter with the fans here, but a few clowns decide to take things over the edge.

Anyone who wants to discuss basketball, i'd be more than happy too.

FromWayDowntown
06-01-2005, 06:10 PM
Just wondering, was this directed at me?

If you can find one post where I was the antagonist or where I did the disrespecting, then I'll leave...

I haven't and I'm sorry I dragged Obi into this. I hope this doesn't discourage him from posting.

I didn't come here to pick fights. Yet every point I've made, no matter how valid, has been met with "alvarez" like greetings. Hell, I could even concede the Spurs are great and some Spurs fans here would dump on the post.

It's not directed at you specifically, but I can't say that I've catalogued your posts, either. I'm talking more about a panoply of posts in which Suns fans have generalized about the qualities of posters on this board. It seems to me that this thread has devolved into a "Suns fans are idiots; Spurs fans are idiots" fest, and I don't think either is true. But the idea that all of the Suns fans have some moral high ground to call out the posters on this board as being mostly unintelligent bandwagoners is galling.

I agree that some around here are offenders in precisely the way that you suggest, and I've counseled Alvarez (unsuccessfully, as should be obvious) that name-calling isn't exactly the rhetorical high ground.

But with that said, the generally disrespectful tenor of some posts from some Suns fans (and there aren't that many who are posting often) has been noticeable, particularly since Monday night. I've seen no effort to rachet down that rhetoric, and frankly, it pisses me off. I don't go to Suns sites and comment on the quality of posters there based on my experiences with a few bad apples. It's shameful for Suns fans to do that here.

samikeyp
I came to this board to have intelligent and respectful banter with the fans here

the next time will be the first time. I for one, will be looking forward to it.

BillsCarnage
Ok, I just read this whole thing... and it's giving me a freakin headache.
It seems like someone's arguaing against a point that was never made originally which is just getting made worse by other people who like to poke snakes with sticks.. and on and on and on.

really peopel .. can't we hold out on this till at least after the game?

Amen.. Back to basketball!

ALVAREZ6
06-01-2005, 06:12 PM
Fine, but you certainly asked for opposing fans to be.

Which is funny, considering how you address people and how I have been.
Oh well, cry about it.

The Spurs are in a very important series against your team...and I did address you in a bad way, but oh well...get over it.

You wanna be a cop about everything I do, that's fine.

Right now, all I give a shit about is the results of the game tonight.

samikeyp
06-01-2005, 06:12 PM

I agree. but you need to participate too.

BillsCarnage
06-01-2005, 06:14 PM

My feelings too.

ALVAREZ6
06-01-2005, 06:14 PM
We've already discussed that, bill.

We get the point, the spurs play very well but hardly win.

By the way, have you graduated from high school??? Winning 3 out of 4 games isn't what I would call "hardly winning"

FromWayDowntown
06-01-2005, 06:17 PM
I agree. but you need to participate too.

I'm with you mikey -- but it seems like every time you've tried in this thread, you don't get any responses from BillsCarnage -- just a bunch of "Spurns" and "jelly ankles" and generalizations without any argument.

I brought up Timmy's near-quad in another thread, and BillsCarnage responded like LakerFan, suggesting that the accomplishment didn't mean anything because the series was low rated and boring. Nice analysis.

It's like trying to argue with LakerLanny. I never thought I'd miss LakerLanny so much . . . .

JMarkJohns
06-01-2005, 06:17 PM
It's not directed at you specifically, but I can't say that I've catalogued your posts, either. I'm talking more about a panoply of posts in which Suns fans have generalized about the qualities of posters on this board. It seems to me that this thread has devolved into a "Suns fans are idiots; Spurs fans are idiots" fest, and I don't think either is true. But the idea that all of the Suns fans have some moral high ground to call out the posters on this board as being mostly unintelligent bandwagoners is galling.

I agree that some around here are offenders in precisely the way that you suggest, and I've counseled Alvarez (unsuccessfully, as should be obvious) that name-calling isn't exactly the rhetorical high ground.

But with that said, the generally disrespectful tenor of some posts from some Suns fans (and there aren't that many who are posting often) has been noticeable, particularly since Monday night. I've seen no effort to rachet down that rhetoric, and frankly, it pisses me off. I don't go to Suns sites and comment on the quality of posters there based on my experiences with a few bad apples. It's shameful for Suns fans to do that here.

Hey, I completely understand.

But I'm not every Suns fan and therefore, for the same reasons you and other good Spurs posts don't want to be lumped together with the bandwagon fans or idiots, I don't want to be lumped in with the trolls or Alvarez's...

I've been browsing this forum since December and joined a month or so later. While I wasn't posting with the frequency as I am now, I had about 25 posts before this series started, about 7/8 through the first three games, about 10 in actual basketball converse since Game 4 and about 12/15 in response to all the unwelcome mats thrown my way.

I'm hardly the problem to which you speak and therefore don't expect to be treated as such. I don't care who the poster is.

BillsCarnage
06-01-2005, 06:18 PM

I've just jumped back on today after almost a week of vacation, but agree. I only took acception to the one or two that wanted to throw this thread into the gutter.

JMarkJohns
06-01-2005, 06:20 PM
Oh well, cry about it.

The Spurs are in a very important series against your team...and I did address you in a bad way, but oh well...get over it.

You wanna be a cop about everything I do, that's fine.

Right now, all I give a shit about is the results of the game tonight.

Obviously...and at all costs, right.

respect is earned, not just given. You can't demand it when you abstain from it yourself.

You'd be a better post for trying, but you don't seem to care.

So, good luck (for sake of respect), but in all honesty, I want the Spurs to lose. Would ya look at that, respect and honesty in the same post.

Gee, somebody lock me up...

ALVAREZ6
06-01-2005, 06:20 PM
But I'm not every Suns fan and therefore, for the same reasons you and other good Spurs posts don't want to be lumped together with the bandwagon fans or idiots, I don't want to be lumped in with the trolls or Alvarez's...

Oh, so now YOU are the one making a generalization.

Now, every other Alvarez is a troll?

Man, be consistent in your arguments..

FromWayDowntown
06-01-2005, 06:21 PM
Hey, I completely understand.

I've been browsing this forum since December and joined a month or so later. While I wasn't posting with the frequency as I am now, I had about 25 posts before this series started, about 7/8 through the first three games, about 10 in actual basketball converse since Game 4 and about 12/15 in response to all the unwelcome mats thrown my way.

I'm hardly the problem to which you speak and therefore don't expect to be treated as such. I don't care who the poster is.

And, you'll notice that I didn't mention you in my original post, specifically said I wasn't intending to refer to you in my second post, and carefully chose words like "some" Suns fans to explain my point. Some of your brethren are not so careful, and it's really quite offensive. I don't believe that I've treated you in any disrespectful way, and if you've taken any slight by my post, you specifically have my apology. Like I say, from my perspective, it was never intended for you.

spurschick
06-01-2005, 06:21 PM
I'm not the one calling people fuck holes or telling people to shut the fuck up. I only had an issue with one person and other Spurs fans decided to jump on too (bandwagonning this thread? :spin ). I came to this board to have intelligent and respectful banter with the fans here, but a few clowns decide to take things over the edge.

If you came to this board to have intelligent and respectful banter, why did you start off by calling me a dipshit and an asshole? I know that I started this thread by referring to the author - Aaron - as such but, unless you are he, you were the one who drew first blood.

ALVAREZ6
06-01-2005, 06:22 PM
So, good luck (for sake of respect), but in all honesty, I want the Spurs to lose. Would ya look at that, respect and honesty in the same post.

Nothing wrong with that.

JMarkJohns
06-01-2005, 06:24 PM
Oh, so now YOU are the one making a generalization.

Now, every other Alvarez is a troll?

Man, be consistent in your arguments..

I meant posts who treat people like trash to get their points across.

Afterall, that is what you did.

JMarkJohns
06-01-2005, 06:25 PM
And, you'll notice that I didn't mention you in my original post, specifically said I wasn't intending to refer to you in my second post, and carefully chose words like "some" Suns fans to explain my point. Some of your brethren are not so careful, and it's really quite offensive. I don't believe that I've treated you in any disrespectful way, and if you've taken any slight by my post, you specifically have my apology. Like I say, from my perspective, it was never intended for you.

No, I appreciate the time you put into your posts.

I'm just here to talk ball. Message board battles are pointless.

ALVAREZ6
06-01-2005, 06:25 PM
I meant posts who treat people like trash to get their points across.

Afterall, that is what you did.
No, actually I didn't.

I didn't pick you up and throw you in the trash can or anything like that.

Sorry.

JMarkJohns
06-01-2005, 06:26 PM
Nothing wrong with that.

Well, hey, If the Suns lose, I'll be pullin for ya. If you're gonna lose, lose to the eventual Champs, right?

ALVAREZ6
06-01-2005, 06:27 PM
Well, hey, If the Suns lose, I'll be pullin for ya. If you're gonna lose, lose to the eventual Champs, right?
Wrong.

I don't want Amare to ever win a championship.

JMarkJohns
06-01-2005, 06:27 PM
No, actually I didn't.

I didn't pick you up and throw you in the trash can or anything like that.

Sorry.

No problem.

If a misunderstanding was made on my end...it's forgotten.

But "hey fuck hole" would put any poster in defensive mode.

JMarkJohns
06-01-2005, 06:30 PM
Wrong.

I don't want Amare to ever win a championship.

Well, I don't think you'll have to worry about that this year.

ALVAREZ6
06-01-2005, 06:31 PM
But "hey fuck hole" would put any poster in defensive mode.
:lol Yeah, I know, sorry about that.

But Aaron in Phoenix still started it, one way or another.

ALVAREZ6
06-01-2005, 06:31 PM
Well, I don't think you'll have to worry about that this year.
Me Neither.

JMarkJohns
06-01-2005, 06:37 PM
Just wondering, Alvarez...

What if Amare signed with the Spurs :) J/k....

I'm out until around halftime. Work beckons... :(

mavsfan1000
06-01-2005, 06:42 PM
Trade Duncan for Stoudemire. Make it happen. :spin

TNT21
06-01-2005, 06:58 PM
Aaron in Phoenix

EAT SHIT AND DIE!

spurschick
06-01-2005, 07:04 PM
Aaron in Phoenix

EAT SHIT AND DIE!

That's all I'm saying... :spin
Sorry that this thread had to become such a clusterfuck.

E20
06-01-2005, 07:06 PM
SC, how long do you browse the net for Ginobili?

spurschick
06-01-2005, 07:14 PM

I don't... I get news updates in my e-mail.

ALVAREZ6
06-01-2005, 07:15 PM
:lol
I was thinking the same, she doesn't miss a single Manu article...even if it was posted by an infamous guy from a foreign website.

SpursWoman
06-01-2005, 07:32 PM

"Fuck hole", I've found, is a popular word among 16 year olds who like to curse at/around adults on the internet...I'm only assuming because it makes them feel more grown up.

Ishta
06-01-2005, 07:44 PM
Does this mean everyones done for awhile? This kinda got ugly..Thank goodness it appears to be done!

ALVAREZ6
06-01-2005, 07:48 PM
"Fuck hole", I've found, is a popular word among 16 year olds who like to curse at/around adults on the internet...I'm only assuming because it makes them feel more grown up.

Yup, that's exactly it.

It makes me feel so special, I love it! It gets me through my day.

ALVAREZ6
06-01-2005, 07:49 PM
Does this mean everyones done for awhile? This kinda got ugly..Thank goodness it appears to be done!
This didn't get ugly at all, it was a pointless argument over the internet.

Ishta
06-01-2005, 07:52 PM
This didn't get ugly at all, it was a pointless argument over the internet.

ok...it's almost game time!! GO SPURS GO:elephant

toosmallshoes
06-02-2005, 04:11 AM

so you don't think that maybe ginobili's foot was pushed insided the circle because Nash's butt knocked him in there after the charging foul occurred.... cuz that's what it looks like from over here in the Land of "I think it would have to be a pretty hard sneeze to knock Ginobili down"....like maybe an arctic icicle sneeze.....
ummm... and the moral of this post is.... "flop" rhymes with "defensive stop".
And "Done" rhymes with "Suns". Later.

JMarkJohns
06-02-2005, 04:16 AM
Sure man, whatever you say....

Chief
06-02-2005, 04:16 AM
pretty funny

what's funnier is when "manu" flops to the title :blah