02-21-2011, 09:37 AM
Shut down

FkLA
02-21-2011, 09:39 AM
how come, mrs. timvp? :depressed

FkLA
02-21-2011, 09:40 AM
also kobe is such a selfish faggot

did u guys see him chucking up shots and giving it 120% to try to bolster his accolades, pathetic!

Muser
02-21-2011, 10:00 AM
how come, mrs. timvp? :depressed

also kobe is such a selfish faggot

did u guys see him chucking up shots and giving it 120% to try to bolster his accolades, pathetic!

You just answered your own question.

benefactor
02-21-2011, 10:02 AM
I was wondering when it was going to happen again. They've been pushing the envelope for a while now.

tlongII
02-21-2011, 10:13 AM
I DEMAND that the NBA Forum be re-opened!!! The Blazers host the Lakers Wednesday! C'mon Kori!

Agloco
02-21-2011, 10:14 AM
lol NBA Forum losers. They'll be insufferable now.

Rummpd
02-21-2011, 10:21 AM
Kori and TimVP: Props for this!

tlongII
02-21-2011, 10:26 AM
My guess is that Kori shut it down because of the behavior of Spurs fans in it. If so, it's unfortunate since she's effectively penalizing non-Spurs fans for the behavior of Spurs fans.

Kori Ellis
02-21-2011, 10:28 AM
I DEMAND that the NBA Forum be re-opened!!! The Blazers host the Lakers Wednesday! C'mon Kori!

:lol @ DEMAND

Anyway, it should be back by then.

Agloco
02-21-2011, 10:29 AM
My guess is that Kori shut it down because of the behavior of Spurs fans in it. If so, it's unfortunate since she's effectively penalizing non-Spurs fans for the behavior of Spurs fans.

Couldn't possibly have anything to do with Lakerfan or Mavfan eh?

Rummpd
02-21-2011, 10:36 AM
As if the Blazers need to worry about the over-hyped LAL anyway!

ThongII when is your next real test for the Blazers?

Cuppycake Gumdrop
02-21-2011, 10:38 AM
Couldn't possibly have anything to do with Lakerfan or Mavfan eh?

:cry you're right, it's big bad mean ol' Mav fans and Laker fans that ruin the forum when they make fun of one of your retarded takes.

Bring better takes to the forum besides "Manu could do that 10x better than <insert Kobe/Wade/LeBron/Dirk/Griffin/whoever> because he's the best player on earth!" and maybe basketball discussions would have a bigger place and trolling would take a step back.

Again, most trolls do it because almost no SPURS FANS (the largest population in the NBA Forum) bring anything worthwhile to discuss. You can either post a legitimate topic for discussion that gets 3 decent replies, or just post another "LMAO SPURS ARE GAY!" thread and get 8 pages.

Agloco
02-21-2011, 10:42 AM
Again, most trolls do it because almost no SPURS FANS (the largest population in the NBA Forum) bring anything worthwhile to discuss. You can either post a legitimate topic for discussion that gets 3 decent replies, or just post another "LMAO SPURS ARE GAY!" thread and get 8 pages.

:cry

"You made me do it......"

Classic buffonery response. I'm sorry that I missed the popularity gun aimed squarely at your ego.

polandprzem
02-21-2011, 10:49 AM
It's the begining of the end of ST

I'm telling ya

Why timvp and Kori are not posting at all ?

DOOMSDAY is coming quicker then expected

Darkwaters
02-21-2011, 10:59 AM
It's the begining of the end of ST

I'm telling ya

Why timvp and Kori are not posting at all ?

DOOMSDAY is coming quicker then expected

Agreed. This weekend I dug a cellar and bought an Uzi. It's getting bad.

Kori Ellis
02-21-2011, 11:02 AM
Start storing water and canned food.

timvp hasn't posted in a month.

ShoogarBear
02-21-2011, 11:03 AM
I've got plenty of canned soup and dry cereal goods.

carina_gino20
02-21-2011, 11:04 AM
Seems a little early to get out the SPAM.

ShoogarBear
02-21-2011, 11:05 AM
Start storing water and canned food.

:madrun

timvp hasn't posted in a month.

But lakaluva has. :smokin

ShoogarBear
02-21-2011, 11:06 AM
Seems a little early to get out the SPAM.

:lol
:toast

eisfeld
02-21-2011, 11:08 AM
:cry you're right, it's big bad mean ol' Mav fans and Laker fans that ruin the forum when they make fun of one of your retarded takes.

Bring better takes to the forum besides "Manu could do that 10x better than <insert Kobe/Wade/LeBron/Dirk/Griffin/whoever> because he's the best player on earth!" and maybe basketball discussions would have a bigger place and trolling would take a step back.

It's the fault of both. The one's hijack a quality thread and it turns into a trollfest, the other's let quality threads being hijacked because they respond to every damn troll post. We had this before - Mavs fans a couple of years back, Suns fans a couple of years back. Only difference: Mavs and Suns actually had respect for the Spurs. The Laker Trolls now (although we know at least 3 of them are Bump) get under the skin of Spurs fans by aiming directly at Duncan or Manu. And many Spurs fans lack the creativity to counter-troll with anything creative.

Giuseppe
02-21-2011, 11:14 AM
a silence in Texas

her children asleep
& children awake
she listens to the cadence of both
tired from them
& tired of them
she closes her eyes
& finally her ears
children asleep
& her children awake

- Cubby

in2deep
02-21-2011, 11:26 AM
LOL at allstar game shutting that forum down

everyone was pissed off. Kobe haters cause Kobe won the MVP fair and square. and Kobe dick suckers cause Kobe can only play like this in an allstar game with a team of HOFers spoonfeeding him :lol

most butthurt poster of the weekend: BRHornet

Giuseppe
02-21-2011, 11:29 AM
^At least everybody showed up this time. Last time he won a meaningless MVP dust collector everybody/sans us disappeared.

tlongII
02-21-2011, 11:31 AM
It's just good to know that Kori will comply with my demand by Wednesday.

cheguevara
02-21-2011, 11:31 AM
:lmao Lebron

:lmao Wade

:lmao Rose

overrated

cheguevara
02-21-2011, 11:33 AM
:lmao Boston Celtics

:lol Ronda

TampaDude
02-21-2011, 11:34 AM
I guess it's a damn good thing I'm not the Admin of these boards, because I would've banned all trolls immediately. ST would be kind of boring, then, eh??? :lol

VBM
02-21-2011, 11:35 AM
:lmao NBA players

:lmao layup drills

cheguevara
02-21-2011, 11:35 AM
:lol starting allstar Tim Duncan

lefty
02-21-2011, 11:37 AM
BRHornet's hero :lmao

https://si2.twimg.com/profile_images/665396722/images_normal.jpg
basketballtalk (https://twitter.com/#%21/basketballtalk) Kurt Helin

Hornets Jarrett Jack arrested for DUI http://dlvr.it/HBDk6 #PBT (https://twitter.com/#%21/search?q=%23PBT) #NBA (https://twitter.com/#%21/search?q=%23NBA)

4 minutes ago (https://twitter.com/#%21/basketballtalk/status/39724051618463744) Favorite (https://twitter.com/#) Retweet (https://twitter.com/#) Reply (https://twitter.com/#)

DAF86
02-21-2011, 11:37 AM
WTF? I wanted to post about how funny was seeing Kobe get his points during the "no defense" part of the game and then miss shot after shot when the game got even and Lebron and co. started to give a damn.

Reggie Williams
02-21-2011, 11:38 AM
lol time for the daily unique hits to drop about 75%

Kori Ellis
02-21-2011, 11:39 AM
lol time for the daily unique hits to drop about 75%

If we put advertising on the forum, that would matter.

Reggie Williams
02-21-2011, 11:40 AM
But alas it doesn't so now we can have a forum filled with Spurs fans saying "Neal with it" every 5 seconds and circle jerking to Tiago Splliter over Blake Griffin!

BlackSwordsMan
02-21-2011, 11:41 AM
Me and Cubby once again find ourselves not wanted anywhere. Where we will be lead abroad now that our mother our guardian the only thing we know, Kori, has turned her back on us.

HarlemHeat37
02-21-2011, 11:41 AM
Sucks, the NBA forum has been better the last few weeks, a lot more basketball discussion, the better posters have been trying, but overshadowed to the eye of the casual visitor to the NBA side, by shitty threads and posts from the usual suspects(Spurs fans, mostly, since they make poor troll threads, and still respond to every BR, lakaluva, random Laker fan's thcertainly

Either way, certainly better than 10 daily threads about what Charles Barkley and the rest of the media thinks about the Spurs..I wonder what Barkley is going to say next, I can't wait..

Kori Ellis
02-21-2011, 11:42 AM
But alas it doesn't so now we can have a forum filled with Spurs fans saying "Neal with it" every 5 seconds and circle jerking to Tiago Splliter over Blake Griffin!

Neal with it.

lefty
02-21-2011, 11:43 AM
Sucks, the NBA forum has been better the last few weeks, a lot more basketball discussion, the better posters have been trying, but overshadowed by shitty threads and posts from the usual suspects(Spurs fans, mostly)..certainly better than 10 daily threads about what Charles Barkley and the rest of the media thinks about the Spurs..
You mean the tons of CROFL Lakers and Kobe stole the MVP threads?

FkLA
02-21-2011, 11:44 AM

Neal with it.

xmas1997
02-21-2011, 11:44 AM
I'm just glad the West won and Labron didn't get the MVP.

VBM
02-21-2011, 11:45 AM

Lol. It's not that bad up here...

...but don't make the mistake of criticizing Sean Elliott's commentating skills...the upstairs folk don't like that :nope

Kori Ellis
02-21-2011, 11:47 AM
Sucks, the NBA forum has been better the last few weeks, a lot more basketball discussion, the better posters have been trying, but overshadowed by shitty threads and posts from the usual suspects(Spurs fans, mostly)..certainly better than 10 daily threads about what Charles Barkley and the rest of the media thinks about the Spurs..

:lmao

Laughable.

The NBA forum is at its peak of lameness.

BRHornet starting a new thread every day comparing stars in their prime to Duncan in his twilight years to try to discredit Duncan.
Laker fans with every excuse in the book why the Lakers are losing.
Banned posters back under other user names just to say repeatedly that they don't need/like/want to be on SpursTalk. :wtf
Spurs fans that are so insecure that about small market/ratings/respect that they post non-stop nonsense.
And on and on...

Frenzy
02-21-2011, 11:48 AM
Nba forum was not closed for the trolling cause if it was all the trolls would just migrate to the spurs board. Then that would close. So I say its closed for re-tolling or re-trolling.

Kori Ellis
02-21-2011, 11:49 AM

Laughable.

BRHornet starting a new thread every day comparing stars in their prime to Duncan in his twilight years to try to discredit Duncan.
Banned posters back under other user names just to say repeatedly that they don't need/like/want to be on SpursTalk. :wtf
Spurs fans that are so insecure that about small market/ratings/respect that they post non-stop nonsense.
And on and on...

Oh and calftats, calftats, calftats.

DMC
02-21-2011, 11:50 AM
Agreed. This weekend I dug a cellar and bought an Uzi. It's getting bad.

Did you buy a transferrable Uzi or one of those "'10Y/10K" models?

mrsmaalox
02-21-2011, 11:50 AM
Lol. It's not that bad up here...

...but don't make the mistake of criticizing Sean Elliott's commentating skills...the upstairs folk don't like that :nope

Hush your mouth! Sean Elliott is a saint!!!

birdy219
02-21-2011, 11:51 AM

Laughable.

And on and on...

I totally agree. Also, add the mavs fans to the list of trolling nonsense. They should all stick to the troll forum and allow NBA fans to discuss the game of basketball.
:flag:

DMC
02-21-2011, 11:52 AM

Neal with it.
with the goods...

(another new phrase I have learned)

DMC
02-21-2011, 11:54 AM

Laughable.

And on and on...

It's borderline impossible to tell who's for real and who's a troll. Some of the possibly "for real" characters seem more fictional than the trolls' characters.

tlongII
02-21-2011, 11:55 AM

Laughable.

And on and on...

Yes, well it's still better than the Spurs Forum, tbh.

DMC
02-21-2011, 11:58 AM
Yes, well it's still better than the Spurs Forum, tbh.

Yet here you are. It seems, according to what I've read, that you only show up after a Portland win anyhow, or about once every few weeks.

VBM
02-21-2011, 11:58 AM
Actual basketball talk does exist on the NBA Forum

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=170677

The CROFL threads are a nice diversion every now and then though...

DMC
02-21-2011, 11:59 AM
Actual basketball talk does exist on the NBA Forum

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=170677

The CROFL threads are a nice diversion every now and then though...
That was an obvious troll. I've seen only a couple that weren't.

Warlord23
02-21-2011, 12:01 PM
The turning point of the NBA forum IMO was the Gasol trade. The NBA forum's peak was largely a result of the original Mav krew + Piston fans + a good sprinkling of other team's fans. The mix of good basketball takes and quality trolling was optimal. Once the Lakers started winning, the influx of Laker trolls started ruining the place.

I mean, idiots like 21 Blessings didn't even know how many titles his "favorite team" had - these retards were probably banned at Lakersground and other Laker sites. This got grey named Spur fan more butthurt than normal - and that gave the second wave of Mav trolls more ammunition to rile up GNSFs, without realizing that using the same joke/shtick 500 times a week kinda makes it less funny. From then on, it's all been downhill as these various factions try to "regulate" one another.

TheMACHINE
02-21-2011, 12:02 PM
The NBA forum shuts down anytime Kobe wins some kind of trophy. :lol

JamStone
02-21-2011, 12:03 PM
I demand you keep the NBA forum closed until after the completion of the Lakers-Blazers game on Wednesday just to fuck with tlongII.

DMC
02-21-2011, 12:04 PM
The turning point of the NBA forum IMO was the Gasol trade. The NBA forum's peak was largely a result of the original Mav krew + Piston fans + a good sprinkling of other team's fans. The mix of good basketball takes and quality trolling was optimal. Once the Lakers started winning, the influx of Laker trolls started ruining the place.

I mean, idiots like 21 Blessings didn't even know how many titles his "favorite team" had - these retards were probably banned at Lakersground and other Laker sites. This got grey named Spur fan more butthurt than normal - and that gave the second wave of Mav trolls more ammunition to rile up GNSFs, without realizing that using the same joke/shtick 500 times a week kinda makes it less funny. From then on, it's all been downhill as these various factions try to "regulate" one another.

Blame everything on the GNSF.

I've seen plenty of bolded names being dragged this way and that in these trolling attempts.

You don't suddenly get forum wise just because your name gets upgraded.

/butt hurt

hater
02-21-2011, 12:04 PM

good news, so this is the last time in the year the NBA forum will close down. :tu

DMC
02-21-2011, 12:05 PM

It seems like Laker fans' lose internet connections right after a Laker loss to Cleveland. That must be a coincidence.

JamStone
02-21-2011, 12:06 PM
Manu > NBA forum

VBM
02-21-2011, 12:06 PM
Hush your mouth! Sean Elliott is a saint!!!

http://www.nba.com/media/spurs/sean_elliott_245.jpghttp://www.cbc.ca/gfx/images/arts/photos/2008/12/09/homer-simpson-cp-3723197.jpg

:hat

Bito Corleone
02-21-2011, 12:08 PM
Sucks, the NBA forum has been better the last few weeks, a lot more basketball discussion, the better posters have been trying, but overshadowed to the eye of the casual visitor to the NBA side.
Very true. Stories about bloods accountants, fake troll fights, invasions, etc. have been some of the most quality basketball discussion here in years. It's disappointing that all the casual visitors were the ones that had to ruin all of that endless quality. :rolleyes

ElNono
02-21-2011, 12:13 PM
Is this thread going to turn into a microcosm of the NBA Forum?

FkLA
02-21-2011, 12:14 PM
alot of hate aimed towards the nba forum and gnsf's

most bolded spur fans that stick exclusively to the spurs forum are some of the worst posters here imho

FkLA
02-21-2011, 12:14 PM
whos down for some madden on xbox live right now tbh ?

DMC
02-21-2011, 12:18 PM
Very true. Stories about bloods accountants, fake troll fights, invasions, etc. have been some of the most quality basketball discussion here in years. It's disappointing that all the casual visitors were the ones that had to ruin all of that endless quality. :rolleyes

It seems like way back when, someone had the idea to double account here (maybe an accountant) and someone else thought it was funny. Fast forward to today, maybe a dozen or more people doing it, trying to get some l337n355 but it's now lame, like wearing an Elvis costume. It was cool when Elvis did it (maybe) but not now.

Bito Corleone
02-21-2011, 12:20 PM

most bolded spur fans that stick exclusively to the spurs forum are some of the worst posters here imho

Very true. I'm not going to try and call myself one of the most quality posters here because truth be told there hasn't been much basketball to discuss in a while, but it gets more and more comical for so many people to think that the "quality" of their posting or their "knowledge" of basketball goes up just because they have either been here long enough, or begged Kori to give them a bold name. Spurs fans are no different.

Warlord23
02-21-2011, 12:24 PM
FWIW, in my book, GNSF doesn't literally mean grey-named ... it has more to do with getting baited easily. As someone said, there are a lot of black-named posters who get drawn into troll threads.

Bottom line is that Kori and timvp need to be less tolerant with blatant trolls like Blessings, Koolaid, et al; and the people who want to talk basketball need to stay in threads where there is genuine basketball discussion.

spurs_fan_in_exile
02-21-2011, 12:26 PM
I agree with Warlord about when that place was at its peak. A handful of Pistons holdovers, the Mavs fans, and a couple more Suns folks; pretty much the most worthwhile guys stuck around after the most recent series with the Spurs. For the most part the people who got trolled were the idiots who deserved it, and often those were relatively new Spurs fans who thought felt the need to throw ring smack trying to chase off other fans. It was a golden age. Basketball was discussed, LOL _____ wasn't overused, Rappin' Shaq was born and spawned the League of Rappin' Trolls. I miss that forum.

There's so much blame to go around for the state of affairs there that it's ridiculous. Lakers fans being dicks, Spurs fans being far too sensitive, Mavs fans shitting on anything that moves.

Kori Ellis
02-21-2011, 12:31 PM
The main problem is that people aren't creative. So they latch onto a specific schtick and beat it to death...quoting/repeating, calftats, GNSF, etc. If the trolls would have fresh material, then it would continue to be amusing/less annoying. But it's about five general schticks that get repeated endlessly. I guess that's the point of trolling, but I'd appreciate more creativity, more leaders, less lameness and repetition.

JamStone
02-21-2011, 12:32 PM
A huge part of it was the dawn of the trolls, where everyone thought they could make trolls and be good at it. Over saturation of trolls led to an infestation of butthurtness. The butthurtness spawned flame wars. Calamity ensued.

It's not something you can just fix though.

lefty
02-21-2011, 12:32 PM
Manu > NBA forum
Manu > NBA forum >TP

cheguevara
02-21-2011, 12:33 PM
everyone was sent en masse to the tree of woe

Kori Ellis
02-21-2011, 12:33 PM
Manu > NBA forum >TP

...and lame one-liners.:downspin:

lefty
02-21-2011, 12:34 PM
Touché

WeNeedLength
02-21-2011, 12:50 PM
Hmm I did not know this.
Many trolls are currently thinking if they should step into this forum to try and resurrect their ways. I'm pretty sure this forum is a lot more tightly guarded than the NBA forum. This could get interesting...

Nick Manning
02-21-2011, 12:54 PM
tbh, as bad as the NBA Forum has devolved, it's still the forum that makes ST unique from any other sports message board. you gotta take the good with the bad. The main forum is like any other team's home forum, as is the club/off-topic forum. The NBA Forum is a melting pot and brings ST its popularity/notoriety.

ShoogarBear
02-21-2011, 12:55 PM
Many trolls are currently thinking if they should step into this forum to try and resurrect their ways.

That would not be recommended.

WeNeedLength
02-21-2011, 12:56 PM
tbh, as bad as the NBA Forum has devolved, it's still the forum that makes it unique from any other sports message board. you gotta take the good with the bad. The main forum is like any other team's home forum, as is the club/off-topic forum. The NBA Forum is a melting pot and brings ST its popularity/notoriety.

True, but it definitely needs to be cleaned up a little. I think the mods just let everything go way too loosely. They should discipline someone based on a set of rules that are more stringent than the current ones imo.

Kori Ellis
02-21-2011, 12:58 PM
True, but it definitely needs to be cleaned up a little. I think the mods just let everything go way too loosely. They should discipline someone based on a set of rules that are more stringent than the current ones imo.

:rolleyes another wannabe moderator

WeNeedLength
02-21-2011, 01:00 PM

Aw hell nah! I don't want to moderate a bunch of half-wit dumbasses who's only intention is trolling. Plus it's work, and I do enough of it right now. :lol

quentin_compson
02-21-2011, 01:01 PM
All of this because Kobe won the MVP in a meaningless game? :wow
I'd never have thought you could get so excited about an All-Star game, one way or the other.

lefty
02-21-2011, 01:01 PM
Seriously, who wants to be a moderator? :lmao

Nick Manning
02-21-2011, 01:02 PM
Little to no moderation is another unique quality this board has...changing that would make it like every other forum.

The NBA forum is what it is...if you're honestly looking for sweeping changes it's not going to happen (unless mass bannings ensue). Best forum on the interwebz, take it or leave it

DMC
02-21-2011, 01:06 PM
I think it's fitting. Laker trolls are dying to start new threads about Kobe, but they were nowhere to be found after the session with Sessions in Cleveland just a few days ago. They want to have their cake and eat it too. That's the thing about trolls. A real forum troll doesn't even respond. They post a thread topic that they feel will get responses and they sit back and watch the results. Some of these guys aren't really trolls, just multi-account using assholes. There's a difference.

tlongII
02-21-2011, 01:07 PM
Yet here you are. It seems, according to what I've read, that you only show up after a Portland win anyhow, or about once every few weeks.

Why wouldn't I be here? This thread is the closest thing to the NBA Forum at the moment.

DMC
02-21-2011, 01:08 PM
Little to no moderation is another unique quality this board has...changing that would make it like every other forum.

The NBA forum is what it is...if you're honestly looking for sweeping changes it's not going to happen (unless mass bannings ensue). Best forum on the interwebz, take it or leave it

It seems like what you and a few others here are saying is basically this: We like having free run of the place, and once you are part of the gang that's shitting on everything, it's really fun. Please don't let it end, mmmkay?

DMC
02-21-2011, 01:09 PM
Why wouldn't I be here? This thread is the closest thing to the NBA Forum at the moment.
Nevermind.

tlongII
02-21-2011, 01:09 PM

Spurs = Class

IronMexican
02-21-2011, 01:13 PM
http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTzJvSjLM-oCc7w32toX10-zMg239K1RKlt8zaiJD7klzclrtWtEw&t=1

Blackjack
02-21-2011, 01:16 PM

I try really hard . . .

Nick Manning
02-21-2011, 01:19 PM
It seems like what you and a few others here are saying is basically this: We like having free run of the place, and once you are part of the gang that's shitting on everything, it's really fun. Please don't let it end, mmmkay?

If you stop trying to be funny then everyone wins. You'll save some dignity, and the rest of the board will be spared your shitty takes, mmmkay?

ElNono
02-21-2011, 01:19 PM
So what is the solution?...

DPG finally having the power to backup his schtick?... :lol
KBP making a comeback?
Forcing Jam to make a LakaluvaLibrary post every weekend?

JamStone
02-21-2011, 01:22 PM
I'm seriously not LakaluvaLibrary.

I won't take credit for someone else's talents.

I actually haven't trolled in months.

HarlemHeat37
02-21-2011, 01:33 PM
I stand by my previous comment, but after looking at the first page of the NBA forum, there isn't one serious thread:lol..before that, it was going good for a while IMO..on the first few pages, there are good discussions about the HOF, Carmelo, NBA teams relocating, the Bulls vs. Mavs frontcourts, the Bulls potential, etc..

Some solutions:

- HarlemHeat and Mono should be mods, although Kori has shot this idea down in the past, so I wouldn't hold my breath..

- Spurs fans need to be banned from participating in threads that are made by BRHornet and Lakaluva..I'm a fan of both, but their motives are so obvious, yet Spurs fan takes the time to write an entire reply, in an attempt to defend Duncan and Ginobili..if some kind of ban can be created, it would help..

- Recognize trolls..there are some very obvious Kobe trolls that made threads after last night's game, yet Spurs fans still flocked, replying with serious arguments, while being genuinely upset..

- Kobe threads should all be merged to the Kobe sticky..Duncan should have his own sticky, Manu should have his own sticky, all threads should be merged(although this might take some work)..that would cut down the "retaliation" and lame troll threads by at least 75% IMO, which is probably the primary issue..

- Posters that want to discuss basketball should actually make basketball threads..people will discuss..

Nick Manning
02-21-2011, 01:45 PM
Some solutions:

- HarlemHeat and Mono should be mods.

yeah good luck with that scro :lmao
keep fightin' the good fight.

no moderators, fuck that noise

HarlemHeat37
02-21-2011, 01:49 PM
yeah good luck with that scro :lmao
keep fightin' the good fight.

no moderators, fuck that noise

Tbh, if we were the mods, the only thing that would change would be the decrease in posts from shitty posters, everybody knows which posters I'm referring to..

I agree with your first point though..I frequent many NBA forums, and ST is recognized by most of them, as a "jungle", ruthless forum:lol..

Muser
02-21-2011, 01:52 PM
That's the sad thing about it, even though we all say the nba forum sucks dick it's still 100% better than any other sports forum.

Cry Havoc
02-21-2011, 01:57 PM
The main problem is that people aren't creative. So they latch onto a specific schtick and beat it to death...quoting/repeating, calftats, GNSF, etc. If the trolls would have fresh material, then it would continue to be amusing/less annoying. But it's about five general schticks that get repeated endlessly. I guess that's the point of trolling, but I'd appreciate more creativity, more leaders, less lameness and repetition.

Far be it of me to tell you how to run your forum, but can't most of us agree that the main problem is 4 or 5 posters that create probably 75% of the troll threads? I think it's got to the point now where certain posters of other teams are intentionally trying to wreck SpursTalk and ruin the site out of jealousy that it has been such an example of how to properly run a relatively unmoderated forum. They enjoy the chaos they create, and enjoy driving down the average IQ of the average post. I know several quality posters just decided not to go there anymore because they don't want to deal with the trolling, as nearly every thread gets flamed eventually.

I'm NOT saying the forum needs more rules, but if left alone, it only takes a few trolls to dismantle every thread that's created, and they're all too happy to do so without a second thought until they're banned.

hater
02-21-2011, 01:59 PM
don't go down to the hood if you don't wanna get dirty

and LOL at a Lebron dicksucker trying to be a mod :lmao

why don't we just go ahead and let koolaid be a mod too

Kori Ellis
02-21-2011, 02:03 PM
It's not 4-5 posters. A lot of the trolls aren't who people think they are.

And tbh, permanent banning 4-5 people isn't going to accomplish anything. They'll just get on a proxy server and continue to post.

The best things to fix the NBA forum are probably a) People who want to talk basketball, make more threads, b) Spurs fans stop being butthurt about every little teeny tiny thing any other team's fans/media/players say, c) Putting the word "calf tats" and "calftats" on the profanity filter, and d) lakaluva/Kool/etc limit themselves to one nonsense thread a week. :lol

hater
02-21-2011, 02:06 PM
It's not 4-5 posters. A lot of the trolls aren't who people think they are.

And tbh, permanent banning 4-5 people isn't going to accomplish anything. They'll just get on a proxy server and continue to post.

The best things to fix the NBA forum are probably a) People who want to talk basketball, make more threads, b) Spurs fans stop being butthurt about every little teeny tiny thing any other team's fans/media/players say, c) Putting the word "calf tats" and "calftats" on the profanity filter, and d) lakaluva/Kool/etc limit themselves to one nonsense thread a week. :lol

would a limit of 1 or 2 threads per IP address a day be possible? IMO this would fix 90% of the crap that goes on there.

MannyIsGod
02-21-2011, 02:07 PM
The NBA Forum is like the Dunk Contest. Its all been done and now its just crappy props and black choirs (SUP BR HORNET) singing so Blake Griffin (sup DPG) can make lame dunks over low cars while being coached by an annoying Kenny Smith (Sup Mav Krew).

poop
02-21-2011, 02:08 PM
the gay wigger lakers fans ruined it

Jt.ONE
02-21-2011, 02:08 PM
c) Putting the word "calf tats" and "calftats" on the profanity filter

Jt.ONE
02-21-2011, 02:09 PM
would a limit of 1 or 2 threads per IP address a day be possible? IMO this would fix 90% of the crap that goes on there.

IP addresses are change-able tbh

MannyIsGod
02-21-2011, 02:09 PM
And yeah, GNSF and the easily trollable are 204289409284028240 times worse than any Mav or Laker fans on this site.

hater
02-21-2011, 02:10 PM
IP addresses are change-able tbh

true but not as easy.

And a troll that changes IP adress just to troll is in a pathetic state

MannyIsGod
02-21-2011, 02:10 PM
That being said its not like anyone is made to go into the NBA forum. How can it really be that big of a problem? If you don't like it just stay the hell out. There's really no need to fix it, IMO.

MannyIsGod
02-21-2011, 02:11 PM
true but not as easy.

Getting a new IP address takes 10 seconds.

lefty
02-21-2011, 02:12 PM
Getting a new IP address takes 10 seconds.
Even if it takes 1 second, it's still pathetic

Jt.ONE
02-21-2011, 02:21 PM
true but not as easy.

why do you think it's called a troll?

DazedAndConfused
02-21-2011, 02:26 PM
Remember when the Mav "krew" decided to go on strike?

The NBA forum was actually good for a little while.

The trolling starts and ends with those posters.

redzero
02-21-2011, 02:28 PM
Unplugging one's modem for a few minutes can change the IP address.

polandprzem
02-21-2011, 02:29 PM
Kori admit it

you

could

not

neal with it !

Nick Manning
02-21-2011, 02:30 PM
Remember when the Mav "krew" decided to go on strike?

The NBA forum was actually good for a little while.

The trolling starts and ends with those posters.

America, eatin' my lunch from a single bowl in my parents basement, where I'm livin'. Happy Birthday, I'm forty-three.

Don't want to waste those precious calories...chewin'. Jesus come move my jaw for me, help me get my sloppy food down my throat.

Nick Manning
02-21-2011, 02:32 PM
Far be it of me to tell you how to run your forum, but I'll go ahead and do it anyway.

jjktkk
02-21-2011, 02:33 PM
I stand by my previous comment, but after looking at the first page of the NBA forum, there isn't one serious thread:lol..before that, it was going good for a while IMO..on the first few pages, there are good discussions about the HOF, Carmelo, NBA teams relocating, the Bulls vs. Mavs frontcourts, the Bulls potential, etc..

Some solutions:

- HarlemHeat and Mono should be mods, although Kori has shot this idea down in the past, so I wouldn't hold my breath..

- Spurs fans need to be banned from participating in threads that are made by BRHornet and Lakaluva..I'm a fan of both, but their motives are so obvious, yet Spurs fan takes the time to write an entire reply, in an attempt to defend Duncan and Ginobili..if some kind of ban can be created, it would help..

- Recognize trolls..there are some very obvious Kobe trolls that made threads after last night's game, yet Spurs fans still flocked, replying with serious arguments, while being genuinely upset..

- Kobe threads should all be merged to the Kobe sticky..Duncan should have his own sticky, Manu should have his own sticky, all threads should be merged(although this might take some work)..that would cut down the "retaliation" and lame troll threads by at least 75% IMO, which is probably the primary issue..

- Posters that want to discuss basketball should actually make basketball threads..people will discuss..

Mono would suck as a mod tbh.

Greg Oden
America, eatin' my lunch from a single bowl in my parents basement, where I'm livin'. Happy Birthday, I'm forty-three.

Don't want to waste those precious calories...chewin'. Jesus come move my jaw for me, help me get my sloppy food down my throat.

the main reason Jeffdrums can't sleep at night, tbh.

ChumpDumper

Don't want to waste those precious calories...chewin'. Jesus come move my jaw for me, help me get my sloppy food down my throat.:wakeup

Nick Manning
02-21-2011, 02:36 PM
:wakeup

Once again a joke flies way over your head. It was directed at one particular poster for effect.

Try to keep up, scromulus

hater
02-21-2011, 02:40 PM
lol mavkrew relegated to one thread

djohn2oo8
Mono would suck as a mod tbh.

Mono sucks as a poster tbh

Blackjack
I don't know internets. I don't frequent any other message boards - not prior to joining here or afterward. But it may be beneficial to set up some kind of scoring system for the Forum.

But not like some rep shit. Put out some kind of guideline to reward great takes and trolls so the board's entertainment value doesn't go to shit. And have some kind of grace period for new usernames to open threads or something. Make a game out of it, maybe do a weekly thread where points are awarded and the tree of woe has some posters placed on it like ornaments.

The Forum could use some infrastructure - an "investment," if you will. :downspin:

ChumpDumper
02-21-2011, 02:41 PM
Once again a joke flies way over your head. It was directed at one particular poster for effect.

Try to keep up, scromulusIt's the same joke.

That's the point.

Try to keep up.

polandprzem
02-21-2011, 02:41 PM
I don't know internets. I don't frequent any other message boards - not prior to joining here or afterward. But it may be beneficial to set up some kind of scoring system for the Forum.

But not like some rep shit. Put out some kind of guideline to reward great takes and trolls so the board's entertainment value doesn't go to shit. And have some kind of grace period for new usernames to open threads or something. Make a game out of it, maybe do a weekly thread where points are awarded and the tree of woe has some posters placed on it like ornaments.

The Forum could use some infrastructure - an "investment," if you will. :downspin:

sequ hater

Nick Manning
02-21-2011, 02:44 PM
It's the same joke.

...and you've had the same monotonous socratic schtick for 57K + posts

Your hypocrisy is transparent.

Leetonidas
02-21-2011, 02:45 PM
I think a big problem with the GN fans are that they don't know who the trolls are and they are just surfing and online board trying to talk basketball...yeah they get super butthurt but they don't know that it's trollbait, they're mostly new posters who don't know what lol calf tats means.

in2deep
02-21-2011, 02:47 PM
agree that NBA Forum is just a playground where very little basketball discussion happens.

ChumpDumper
02-21-2011, 02:48 PM
...and you've had the same monotonous socratic schtick for 57K + posts

Your hypocrisy is transparent.Coming from a 250 post troll, this is rich.

You don't even see you are doing it again. :lol

Nick Manning
02-21-2011, 02:50 PM
The NBA Forum is this board's meal ticket, tbh. Say what you want but it's what separates ST from any other sports forum. Without it all you have is flaccid spurs discussion upstairs.

Downstairs Kori has created another world:lol

Dex
02-21-2011, 02:51 PM
NBA Forum has become like a sixth grade lunchroom. It's dominated by the bullies and internet tough guys, and there always seems to be plenty of trollbait for them to feed on, so it's a self-fulfilling prophecy. The more they talk, the more people react, the more they talk.

Frankly, it could be fixed if some people just knew how to stop being jackasses and tried talking about basketball instead of turning every thread into a clique war and spewing the word 'faggot' every other post. But the chances of that seem pretty unlikely at this point, tbh (to use the parlance of our times).

ChumpDumper
02-21-2011, 02:53 PM
The NBA Forum is this board's meal ticket, tbh. Say what you want but it's what separates ST from any other sports forum. Without it all you have is flaccid spurs discussion upstairs.

Downstairs Kori has created another world:lolNah, it's just stupid.

That's why it's closed.

You don't get it. Your stupidity is hard wired.

Nick Manning
02-21-2011, 02:55 PM
You don't know what you got till it's gone, tbh. The NBA forum is what makes this board fun. like I said you take the good with the bad. It's funny that pretty much the only people who are against the NBA forum is spurfans who feel their Manu circle-jerk is being interrupted. It's not all sunshine and queefs, ya know

ChumpDumper
02-21-2011, 02:57 PM
You don't know what you got till it's gone, tbh. The NBA forum is what makes this board fun. like I said you take the good with the bad. It's funny that pretty much the only people who are against the NBA forum is spurfans who feel their Manu circle-jerk is being interrupted. It's not all sunshine and queefs, ya knowThe NBA forum is pretty much all queefs these days tbh.

You don't take the bad if you don't have to.

Nick Manning
Nah, it's just stupid.

That's why it's closed.

You don't get it. Your stupidity is hard wired.

You think it's stupid cause trolling has passed you by and you're desperately trying to maintain your e-cred. Evidence: 57K + posts, many of which have been in the NBA forum recently.

Once again, your hypocrisy is transparent.

Wait for it....

See, you don't know you're doing it again!

There, I saved you another deep thought.

polandprzem
NBA Forum has become like a sixth grade lunchroom. It's dominated by the bullies and internet tough guys, and there always seems to be plenty of trollbait for them to feed on, so it's a self-fulfilling prophecy. The more they talk, the more people react, the more they talk.

Frankly, it could be fixed if some people just knew how to stop being jackasses and tried talking about basketball instead of turning every thread into a clique war and spewing the word 'faggot' every other post. But the chances of that seem pretty unlikely at this point, tbh (to use the parlance of our times).

Yea I miss the ST from like 5 years back

You knew there always will be quality in posts and you knew the quality posters and they acually were posting.

It is what it is - the most liberal forum there is

polandprzem
02-21-2011, 02:58 PM
Damn CD with his endless discussions again :rolleyes

Blackjack
02-21-2011, 02:58 PM
It's not all sunshine and queefs, ya know

That'd be a helluva T-shirt. :tu

ChumpDumper
02-21-2011, 02:59 PM
You think it's stupid cause trolling has passed you by and you're desperately trying to maintain your e-cred.:lol Were I really worried about that, I would just make another screen name like you do every day.

MannyIsGod
02-21-2011, 02:59 PM
I don't ever understand the argument that the NBA forum is the lifeblood of Spurstalk. Are some of you trolls really that delusional?

ChumpDumper
02-21-2011, 03:00 PM
Damn CD with his endless discussions again :rolleyes:cry

Nick Manning
02-21-2011, 03:00 PM
That'd be a helluva T-shirt. :tu

blackjack, always the savvy businessman:lol

ChumpDumper
02-21-2011, 03:01 PM
I don't ever understand the argument that the NBA forum is the lifeblood of Spurstalk. Are some of you trolls really that delusional?It's their lifeblood.

Kermit
I don't ever understand the argument that the NBA forum is the lifeblood of Spurstalk. Are some of you trolls really that delusional?

Ever since most of the old school Spurs posters quit posting in the Spurs forum, the NBA forum has been infinitely more entertaining.

JamStone
That being said its not like anyone is made to go into the NBA forum. How can it really be that big of a problem? If you don't like it just stay the hell out. There's really no need to fix it, IMO.

Makes sense in theory. But the reality is that the state of the NBA forum has done exactly what you suggest, urged people to avoid it. But included in those are some of the good posters. Quality posting and even halfway decent basketball discussion has dropped a great deal because people "just stay the hell out." Just leaves the trollers and trollees to potty in their shitfest.

But it's not Kori's fault either. I agree that what made the NBA forum so unique and special was the leniency and tolerance it had with pretty much anything. The onus is on the posters to self regulate to a degree. The changes don't need to come from the top. But people need to know when certain things become way too egregious.

Axe Murderer
02-21-2011, 03:03 PM
I totally agree. Also, add the mavs fans to the list of trolling nonsense. They should all stick to the troll forum and allow NBA fans to discuss the game of basketball.
:flag:

Sounds like somebody's asshurt because you're retarded opinions got debunked over and over.

:cry They proved me wrong over and over, please send them to the Troll Forum so I can be a blind homer. Please!!! :cry

Blackjack
02-21-2011, 03:04 PM

I specifically typed 'NBA' and 'troll' when looking to fulfill my Spurs and interwebs needs.

I assume that's why we're all here ... at SpursTalk. Just here to talk about anything other than Spurs or basketball.

silverblk mystix
Why is everyone here so infatuated with trolls and trolling?

I have yet to see any trolls that were even a tiny bit creative...yet...it seems that this is tolerated, encouraged and allowed?

Why?

What if you could only have ONE account.

There must be a reason why multiple accounts are approved..why the need for trolls anyway?

Be who you are and say what you really mean to say as your one and only persona...what a novel concept.

I can't seem to find one good reason for trolling-and the strange fascination with trolls-but I must be the only one here that doesn't get this.

silverblk mystix

I have yet to see any trolls that were even a tiny bit creative...yet...it seems that this is tolerated, encouraged and allowed?

Why?

There must be a reason why multiple accounts are approved..why the need for trolls anyway?

Be who you are and say what you really mean to say as your one and only persona...what a novel concept.

I can't seem to find one good reason for trolling-and the strange fascination with trolls-but I must be the only one here that doesn't get this.

silverblk mystix
02-21-2011, 03:05 PM
sorry for the double post...

in2deep
02-21-2011, 03:05 PM

Sounds like somebody's asshurt because you're retarded opinions got debunked over and over.

:cry They proved me wrong over and over, please send them to the Troll Forum so I can be a blind homer. Please!!! :cry

your idea of debunking is "LOL trolled" "fat beaner" "calf tats" right?

:rolleyes grow up

Nick Manning
02-21-2011, 03:06 PM

Why?

lol gnsf

That's for you, chumpy :toast

Shank
02-21-2011, 03:08 PM

Rappin' Shaq is greatness.

silverblk mystix
02-21-2011, 03:08 PM
lol gnsf

That's for you, chumpy :toast

Case in point.

Boring.Uncreative.Redundant.

Greg Oden
02-21-2011, 03:09 PM
sorry for the triple post...

fify

Greg Oden
02-21-2011, 03:09 PM
Case in point.

Boring.Uncreative.Redundant.

what exactly have you brought to spurstalk?

Nick Manning
02-21-2011, 03:10 PM
silverblk, give me an example of what a creative troll would be? Don't give examples of "not-good" ones. You seem to be an expert on the matter so let's hear your input brah. Let those creative juices flow

AnthonyM
02-21-2011, 03:13 PM
Native American needs to make a comeback soon.

Axe Murderer
your idea of debunking is "LOL trolled" "fat beaner" "calf tats" right?

:rolleyes grow up

Which GNSF are you? The one who thinks Dirk's a choker or that Manu>Jesus?

Thanks for letting us all know you have no idea what you're talking about. The poster I quoted went into the NBA forum one time and posted some retarded opinion something along the lines of "the Mavs are 31-95 all time against LA so the Lakers will be favored if they were to face in the postseason" while ignoring the fact that Dallas is 1-0 vs them this year. The poster got shat on, predictably, then whined about how mean we were :cry

I probably talk basketball as much as anybody on this site. The only trolling I do is the occasional gangbang on koriwhat which if I'm guilty, everyone is.

Bito Corleone

silverblk mystix
02-21-2011, 03:15 PM
what exactly have you brought to spurstalk?

I don't feel a NEED to outpost or out TROLL anyone. I can't understand why it is necessary to try and OUTdo anyone here.

I would be content just discussing interesting topics in a sincere way.

Trolls can't seem to just wanna post sincere opinions, takes, debates. It is all about trying to OUT do someone else.

I can't seem to understand this concept.

MannyIsGod
02-21-2011, 03:15 PM
SBM is the perfect example of a GNSF that fuels the trolls. He's showing that in this very thread.

BlackSwordsMan
02-21-2011, 03:16 PM
We were having a serious discussion on best possible routes to be the #1 racer in mario kart and kori closes down shop? Teh fuck

Kori Ellis
lol NBA Forum

silverblk mystix
silverblk, give me an example of what a creative troll would be? Don't give examples of "not-good" ones. You seem to be an expert on the matter so let's hear your input brah. Let those creative juices flow

Why would there ever be a NEED to be a troll? Creative or otherwise?

spurs_fan_in_exile
02-21-2011, 03:17 PM
Rappin' Shaq is greatness.

Any of the "rap battle" threads are worth a look for some funny shit, but also as a microcosm of most of the problems discussed here. There's some legitimately good trolling in there, but for every one inspired quality troll there's two stinkers.

Axe Murderer
02-21-2011, 03:17 PM
We were having a serious discussion the on best possible routes to be the #1 racter in mario kart and kori closes down shop? Teh fuck

+1

I was actually about to log on and make a thread asking which level in Super Mario Bros 3 was the hardest only to find out the NBA Forum was closed :depressed

BlackSwordsMan
02-21-2011, 03:18 PM
I gotta go with world 3-1, could never get past it and had to use a whistle.

DMC
02-21-2011, 03:18 PM
lol gnsf with the meltdown

I gots yo back scro

gnsf meet tree of woe

I don't understand all the butthurt. My other 537 troll accounts were banned and now I have to come here all grey and shit. Most people would think that was funny. I have staying power.

Remember that one troll you had? That was epic. Ah the good old days.

Multiply that by 10K and every 100 quotes add a long "How I Met Your Mother" style post by (name your choice) troll and you have the NBA Forum.

Oh, and CROFL Lakers... Cavs

AnthonyM
02-21-2011, 03:19 PM
+1

I was actually about to log on and make a thread asking which level in Super Mario Bros 3 was the hardest only to find out the NBA Forum was closed :depressed

If you don't have the P-Wing, the jet/boat level thing that goes fast at the end of World 8 is incredibly frustrating.

silverblk mystix
SBM is the perfect example of a GNSF that fuels the trolls. He's showing that in this very thread.

If you think that answering a question in a forthright manner is fueling anything-then of what use is it to be here?

Reggie Williams
You know whats gay is that all these posters are crying about posters in the NBA forum yet they copy their shtick over and over.

Spurs fans and Lakers fans prime examples, saying "lol" NBA Forum, or "lol" blah blah.

That shit came from the Mavs gayness in the NBA forum, yet they want them all banned.

What needs to be done is ban all the fucking Lakers fans. They bring absolutely nothing to the board other than a 1000 threads per day jacking off to Baby Drew or talking about how swole the Lakers are. Lakers fan made the NBA forum start sucking. It was better back in the day when it was mainly Mavs fans, Spurs fans, Suns fans, and Pistons fans.

Lakers fans have completely fucked it up

Blackjack
02-21-2011, 03:20 PM
lol NBA Forum

Placement and context in which it was made?

Brilliant. I really did :lol

BlackSwordsMan
No I'm thinking of 4-1 maybe.

Nick Manning
lol NBA Forum

you know you love it too.

You just gotta save face and drop the hammer every now and then, but we know you love us, tbh.

The feeling's mutual, milady.:married:

Axe Murderer
02-21-2011, 03:21 PM
If you don't have the P-Wing, the jet/boat level thing that goes fast at the end of World 8 is incredibly frustrating.

That one comes to mind immediately.

Some others are the fortress in World 8 with 1,000 doors or whatever. I guess once you get it, it's not that hard but it takes you forever at first unless you get lucky.

The moving water level on world 7 always seems to take me forever. Other then those three, none of the levels are that tough unless you're playing on the computer where it's much harder to get used to the controls

BlackSwordsMan
02-21-2011, 03:21 PM
Kori is the queen of this castle and if she says people need to be executed I'm her henchmen and would have no quarrel taking the heads of those deemed guilty by the queen.

cheguevara
02-21-2011, 03:22 PM
LMAO Dirk, he choked in the shooting stars competition and embarrassed Texas :lmao

Axe Murderer
02-21-2011, 03:23 PM
Also, trying the level in world 5 (i think 5-7) with the flying turtles is nearly impossible when playing on the computer. Luckily, that's one you can skip

Nick Manning
02-21-2011, 03:23 PM
Kori is the queen of this castle and if she says people need to be executed I'm her henchmen and would have no quarrel taking the heads of those deemed quilty by the queen.

like the quilted quicker-picker-upper?

http://itsallfreeonline.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/Bounty-Logo.jpg

AnthonyM
02-21-2011, 03:24 PM
That one comes to mind immediately.

Some others are the fortress in World 8 with 1,000 doors or whatever. I guess once you get it, it's not that hard but it takes you forever at first unless you get lucky.

The moving water level on world 7 always seems to take me forever. Other then those three, none of the levels are that tough unless you're playing on the computer where it's much harder to get used to the controls

Yeah, the fortress is tough. tbh though, I usually got three whistles by the end of World 2, so I'm not as familiar as some of the levels in Worlds 5, 6, and 7 since I've only played them a handful of times.

BlackSwordsMan
like the quilted quicker-picker-upper?

http://itsallfreeonline.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/Bounty-Logo.jpg
You're fast. I was wondering why my auto correct was picking it up and hit enter anyways. Henchman aren't supposed to be smart just loyal.

Nick Manning
You know whats gay is that all these posters are crying about posters in the NBA forum yet they copy their shtick over and over.

Spurs fans and Lakers fans prime examples, saying "lol" NBA Forum, or "lol" blah blah.

That shit came from the Mavs gayness in the NBA forum, yet they want them all banned.

What needs to be done is ban all the fucking Lakers fans. They bring absolutely nothing to the board other than a 1000 threads per day jacking off to Baby Drew or talking about how swole the Lakers are. Lakers fan made the NBA forum start sucking. It was better back in the day when it was mainly Mavs fans, Spurs fans, Suns fans, and Pistons fans.

Lakers fans have completely fucked it up

Not going to happen, tbh. Kori has a strange fascination with Lakerfan

Axe Murderer
02-21-2011, 03:25 PM
Yeah, the fortress is tough. tbh though, I usually got three whistles by the end of World 2, so I'm not as familiar as some of the levels in Worlds 5, 6, and 7 since I've only played them a handful of times.

Worlds 5, 6 are not that bad, there's a few hard levels in each, but world 7 is definitely the toughest world in the game, imho

Blackjack
02-21-2011, 03:25 PM
LMAO Dirk, he choked in the shooting stars competition and embarrassed Texas :lmao

I blame it on the depression that was Becky Hammon's absence.

BlackSwordsMan
02-21-2011, 03:26 PM
Also, trying the level in world 5 (i think 5-7) with the flying turtles is nearly impossible when playing on the computer. Luckily, that's one you can skip

Super Mario World is the best mario game IMO.

Greg Oden
02-21-2011, 03:26 PM
Not going to happen, tbh. Kori has a strange fascination with Lakerfan

usually when you switch teams you still somewhat like your old team, imo.

BlackSwordsMan
02-21-2011, 03:27 PM
oh no u dedent

Axe Murderer
Super Mario World is the best mario game IMO.

I agree IMO

have you ever beaten SMB 2? I don't think I ever have, det was kind of a weird game

BlackSwordsMan
SMB2 was shit. What a horrible game and if it wasn't for AVGN I never would have seen the ending.

jjktkk
02-21-2011, 03:28 PM
I like tecmo bowl, and dusty diamond all-star softball.

AnthonyM
02-21-2011, 03:29 PM
I agree IMO

have you ever beaten SMB 2? I don't think I ever have, det was kind of a weird game

SMB 2 sucked in comparison to the SMB franchise.

I could never beat it as a kid. The only time I beat it was with save states on the computer.

Nick Manning
02-21-2011, 03:29 PM
I agree IMO

tbh I did once, only to find out the whole game was a dream he had. needless to say i haven't played that shit since.

polandprzem
02-21-2011, 03:30 PM

Jeezs what a cry baby you are

again

Greg Oden
I like tecmo bowl, and dusty diamond all-star softball.

tbh Super Baseball 2020 on Sega Genesis is one of the most underrated sports games ever.

LRMR
On behalf of Kori Ellis and the now silent partner timvp, we at LRMR have arranged for a made for TV mini-series special on the Lifetime Network called "The Trolls Among Us." Oprah Winfrey will be sponsoring the special and the very versatile and talented entertainer LeBron James will play the role of Kori Ellis in the mini-series. The mini-series will be narrated by Bill Walton. Mo'Nique and Wendy Williams will play the roles of those two bitches who don't recognize and bow down to LeBron's greatness, Kevin Durant and Derrick Rose.

.002% of the advertisement and endorsement proceeds will be go to a fund for children abandoned and abused by SpursTalk trolls. And you can expect it to air right around the time of the NBA Finals if the Miami Heat don't make it that far. But if the Heat do make it to the Finals, then it will be aired sometime later in the summer.

Don't foget. We do it for the fucking kids!

Kermit
02-21-2011, 03:31 PM
SMB2 was shit. What a horrible game and if it wasn't for AVGN I never would have seen the ending.

What was worse, SMB2 or LOZ2?

DMC
So basically the NBA forum moved up here?

Nick Manning
usually when you switch teams you still somewhat like your old team, imo.

tbh I wish she would extrapolate more about her LA days. plenty of goods we haven't been privy to yet imo

Greg Oden
02-21-2011, 03:32 PM
:cry look at me! look at me!

Nick Manning

unfortunately so did your shitty takes

BlackSwordsMan
What was worse, SMB2 or LOZ2?

SMB2 after stage 1 you just wanna throw it away.

Kermit

I for one welcome our new NBA forum overlords.

BlackSwordsMan
Why is this face thing chasing me

jjktkk
02-21-2011, 03:34 PM
tbh Super Baseball 2020 on Sega Genesis is one of the most underrated sports games ever.

Joe Montana football on the genesis and college football(forgot the name).

Axe Murderer
02-21-2011, 03:34 PM
i just remember quitting when I had to dig through the dirt to get to the bottom for like the 3rd level in a row

Blackjack
02-21-2011, 03:35 PM
MarioKart. Y'all can have the rest - SNES.

jjktkk
02-21-2011, 03:39 PM
The NBA Forum is probably a headache for Kori, but its the best forum out there imo. You troll, get trolled, talk shit, talk basketball. Just go with the flow. Its all good.

MannyIsGod
02-21-2011, 03:41 PM
unfortunately so did your shitty takes

DMC
02-21-2011, 03:43 PM
The NBA Forum is probably a headache for Kori, but its the best forum out there imo. You troll, get trolled, talk shit, talk basketball. Just go with the flow. Its all good.

If I was moderating and getting tons of complaints, and seeing 4 pages of the same general statement being made in a new thread every minute of the day, I would probably not think it was worth the effort.

It seems like such a clique driven system that it becomes impossible for unique (first time) visitors to see a reason to hang around. I'm a glutton for punishment, so I actually like it.

I think a lot of posters forget why they first came here, so they jump on new arrivals for coming here for the same reasons: to bitch about refs, about press, about players, or to brag about their team over yours. Someone shows up doing that and they are instantly driven away.

DMC
02-21-2011, 03:47 PM

I gots yo back scro

gnsf meet tree of woe

I don't understand all the butthurt. My other 537 troll accounts were banned and now I have to come here all grey and shit. Most people would think that was funny. I have staying power.

Multiply that by 10K and every 100 quotes add a long "How I Met Your Mother" style post by (name your choice) troll and you have the NBA Forum.

MannyIsGod
02-21-2011, 03:49 PM
My only wish was that the NBA forum had been annoying enough to drive DMC away. It failed. :(

DMC
02-21-2011, 03:50 PM
My only wish was that the NBA forum had been annoying enough to drive DMC away. It failed. :(
lol @ the butthurt

MannyIsGod
02-21-2011, 03:54 PM
Lol

posts per day: 15.38

dirkdirkastan
02-21-2011, 03:57 PM

Nah man, with 15 posts per day, the NBA forum is only encouraging him to post more.

Nick Manning
02-21-2011, 03:58 PM
lol @ the butthurt

If you stop trying to be funny then everyone wins. You'll save some dignity, and the rest of the board will be spared your shitty takes.

In case you missed this the first time around

DMC
02-21-2011, 04:02 PM
In case you missed this the first time around
IF you took your own advice the NBA Forum would still be open.

Nick Manning
02-21-2011, 04:04 PM
IF you took your own advice the NBA Forum would still be open.

your talents would be more appreciated if you just lurked instead, tbh.

DMC
02-21-2011, 04:04 PM
Lol

How old are you?

I don't see any reason to have a back and forth with a tween, however you could stop posting for a month and your post average wouldn't drop a point.

Also, a lot of your stuff is just as you posted above.

DMC
02-21-2011, 04:06 PM
your talents would be more appreciated if you just lurked instead, tbh.
I could get a gay avatar of a bare chested faggot and talk about all the women I've slept with, reminisce about the pre-ban trolling days and basically be a cock wart, but you've taken that shtick already.

Muser
02-21-2011, 04:07 PM
he mad.

DMC
02-21-2011, 04:08 PM
he mad.
Another prime example of the reason the NBA Forum is down.

No one here had any idea someone was going to say "he mad" or "u mad".

It's facebook rev 2

Muser
02-21-2011, 04:09 PM

You're like a more sophisticated version of koriwhat

Bieber Fever
02-21-2011, 04:09 PM
where iz dis kori showty? mayB ii can sweet talk her into openin up the forum again wut can ii sai momzz luv mee

dirkdirkastan
02-21-2011, 04:10 PM
I could get a gay avatar of a bare chested faggot and talk about all the men I've slept with, reminisce about the pre-ban trolling days and basically be a cock wart, but you've taken that shtick already.

Fixed.

DMC

And you a less talented version of #41

MannyIsGod
How old are you?

I don't see any reason to have a back and forth with a tween, however you could stop posting for a month and your post average wouldn't drop a point.

Also, a lot of your stuff is just as you posted above.

Another example of GNSF being easily trollable.

Nick Manning
02-21-2011, 04:11 PM
Another prime example of the reason the NBA Forum is down.

No one here had any idea someone was going to say "he mad" or "u mad".

It's facebook rev 2

tbh what the nba forum needs is more engineers willing to fly across the country to prove their college education to internet posters.

That would raise the bar, imo

DMC
02-21-2011, 04:11 PM
It's more amusing watching you fish out of water, gulping for attention you normally find in the NBA forum. I think I will hang out for a while. If I got no responses from all the tweeners, I wouldn't see any point.

Nick Manning
02-21-2011, 04:12 PM

This.

spurs_fan_in_exile
02-21-2011, 04:12 PM
Meanwhile, wishes are coming true. All the stupid shit that would usually clog up the entire NBA forum is now just clogging up one thread.

MannyIsGod
02-21-2011, 04:13 PM
It's more amusing watching you fish out of water, gulping for attention you normally find in the NBA forum. I think I will hang out for a while. If I got no responses from all the tweeners, I wouldn't see any point.

What kind of calf tats do you have? Pi?

DMC
02-21-2011, 04:14 PM
tbh what the nba forum needs is more engineers willing to fly across the country to prove their college education to internet posters.

That would raise the bar, imo

You were a twin and your brother got all the breast milk I am guessing.

Meeting someone at a restaurant I am going to be at anyhow isn't really going out of my way... fyi.

DMC
02-21-2011, 04:14 PM
What kind of calf tats do you have? Pi?

Hickies your mother left.

MannyIsGod
02-21-2011, 04:16 PM
Tatoos of the hickies or actual hickies left by my mother on your calfs?

DMC
This.

I gots yo back scro

gnsf meet tree of woe

Nick Manning
You were a twin and your brother got all the breast milk I am guessing.

Meeting someone at a restaurant I am going to be at anyhow isn't really going out of my way... fyi.

What restaurant, scrah? I prefer TGI Fridays when it comes to meeting random strangers from an internet forum. Get one of those Jack Daniels platters, you won't regret it, tbh

DMC
02-21-2011, 04:17 PM
Tatoos of the hickies or actual hickies left by my mother on your calfs?

She's not important enough to save. They are just bruises by now.

Oh, and it's "tattoos". Two "t"s .

FYI.

MannyIsGod
02-21-2011, 04:17 PM
TGI Fridays is like more expensive and crappier version of Chilis, TBH.

DMC
02-21-2011, 04:18 PM
What restaurant, scrah? I prefer TGI Fridays when it comes to meeting random strangers from an internet forum. Get one of those Jack Daniels platters, you won't regret it, tbh
I don't eat at that shithole but I can understand why you do.

I eat at Ra Sushi when in Phoenix for business.

Nick Manning
02-21-2011, 04:18 PM

good lookin out, scrother...Chilis is the cheap goods :tu

MannyIsGod
02-21-2011, 04:19 PM
Did you suggest going out to play with expensive toys after eating at Ra Sushi?

BlackSwordsMan
I went alamo heights yesterday and saw a japanese sushi bar. I was intrigued.

DMC
All chain restaurants are alike.

DMC
Only eat at one that moves a lot of fish. You don't want leftovers from yesterday.

MannyIsGod

Was DMC there giving spelling lessons while my mother sucked his calves?