PDA

View Full Version : This is how you jump over a car.

TheMACHINE
02-21-2011, 12:09 PM
Not no freaking hood of the car.

TRVfrwYDjh4

I still think Derozens 2nd dunk was the best. One attempt that got me out of my feet.

HI MANU! (Now Spurs related)

spurs_fan_in_exile
02-21-2011, 12:13 PM
University of Houston's Damon Jones!

cheguevara
02-21-2011, 12:14 PM
Not spurs related

DMC
02-21-2011, 12:14 PM
He's probably not making big dunking money, there's no dunking way a dunking GM would allow a future franchise dunking player to jump over a dunking car.

JR3
02-21-2011, 12:16 PM
blake griffin could have done this.. Don't know why he didn't.

Bito Corleone
02-21-2011, 12:16 PM
If you look at the side view Blake could have gone over the roof, but instead he chose to go over the hood and now it will be remembered as one of the most overrated dunks in the history of the contest.

smrattler
02-21-2011, 12:26 PM
If you look at the side view Blake could have gone over the roof, but instead he chose to go over the hood and now it will be remembered as one of the most overrated dunks in the history of the contest.

Agree 100%.

HOW...ever...

Blake Griffin has about 200million dollars to lose if he accidentally clips that hood and smashes bones or shreds ligaments. And considering he just came back from losing a year... I can understand why he held back and didn't risk more than he did. Especially since he got the win anyway.

spurs_fan_in_exile
02-21-2011, 12:29 PM
I can't imagine KIA would have been too thrilled either if they shelled out the sponsorship money for the event then went down in history as the car company that crippled Blake Griffin and proved the Clippers curse beyond any doubt.

tmtcsc
02-21-2011, 12:32 PM
blake griffin could have done this.. Don't know why he didn't.

Baron Davis' fault. Kenny Smith said as much to Barkley during the event.

Hooks
02-21-2011, 12:34 PM

I disagree, pause at 1:05. Pay attention to where he jumps from, if he were to jump any farther from that, which he'd have to do in order to clear the top, he wouldn't have been able to make it. At his highest point he can just barely clear the top of the car, in order to clear the top he'd have to jump at least 2-3 feet away from the car while maintaining his highest peak (his legs would've hit the car) which I doubt he'd be able to do.

EnXHiSQ-rGk

cheguevara
02-21-2011, 12:37 PM
lame dunk Griffins

Ibaka's free throw dunk was the bomb

phyzik
02-21-2011, 12:41 PM
I can't imagine KIA would have been too thrilled either if they shelled out the sponsorship money for the event then went down in history as the car company that crippled Blake Griffin and proved the Clippers curse beyond any doubt.

On the other hand, KIA did prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that, with enough money, the NBA will rig shit for you.

I turned that shit off as soon as I saw a KIA being rolled out into a KIA sponsored event for Blakes last dunk.

Hooks
02-21-2011, 12:42 PM
lame dunk Griffins

Ibaka's free throw dunk was the bomb

Yep, if Ibaka had gotten that 2nd dunk on his first try I think he'd have at least a 47 which would've beat Griffin's easy ass dunk. Derozan should've gotten a 50 for that reverse, that was nasty, but of course everybody wanted Blake in the finals so they got him.

TheMACHINE
02-21-2011, 12:44 PM
Not spurs related

check again...it looks spurs related to me.

Hooks
02-21-2011, 12:47 PM
Does anyone know what McGee's score was for his reverse cradle? Now that was impressive, easily one of the most difficult dunks ever.

yB7sUJpuljw

Texas_Ranger
02-21-2011, 12:48 PM
o0opDct2OqM

go to 2.10 and 5.00.

Spurminator
02-21-2011, 12:49 PM
On the other hand, KIA did prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that, with enough money, the NBA will rig shit for you.

This should be raising more eyebrows than it has.

The details of Kia's integration are uncertain but you can be sure they paid a lot of money to have product placement in the Dunk contest, and when you negotiate that kind of deal you are going to have some input with regards to how your car is used and who is using it.

Did Kia design the dunk? Did they mandate that Griffin be the one to dunk over it? If so, it sort of undermines the whole contest... Which I guess isn't a big deal unless you're okay with this kind of thing becoming more and more prevalent in future contests to the point where the entire thing is scripted by Kia, Sprite and T-Mobile.

ffadicted
02-21-2011, 12:50 PM
agree 100%.

How...ever...

Blake griffin has about 200million dollars to lose if he accidentally clips that hood and smashes bones or shreds ligaments. And considering he just came back from losing a year... I can understand why he held back and didn't risk more than he did. Especially since he got the win anyway.

+9001

Does anyone know what McGee's score was for his reverse cradle? Now that was impressive, easily one of the most difficult dunks ever.

yB7sUJpuljw

It was in the second round, which is judged by fans (no score). Which, btw, is the lamest/worst fucking idea ever

DMC
02-21-2011, 12:52 PM
I can't imagine KIA would have been too thrilled either if they shelled out the sponsorship money for the event then went down in history as the car company that crippled Blake Griffin and proved the Clippers stupidity beyond any doubt.
FIFY

I've always credited James for not entering the "estupido" contest.

TampaDude
02-21-2011, 12:59 PM

^ this

spurs_fan_in_exile
02-21-2011, 01:13 PM
The real bitch of it all is that up until that stupid dunk I was really enjoying it. I haven't watched the dunk contest in years, but there wasn't anything else on and damned if I wasn't getting drawn into it. They marketed and produced the event really well, great dunks, they kept the show moving right along. I ended up chuckling instead of rolling my eyes when the "dunk coaches" would get on the mic like WWE guys. And then all of that came to a screeching halt with all the shit for the Griffin dunk. Bringing the fucking car out, bringing out the damn choir that you could barely hear. Even if Griffin had skied over the roof of the car they sucked all the energy and momentum out of the show with how long it took to set up.

Really the only way they could have won me back was if Webber fired back with some R. Kelly of his own and sang Piss on You during McGee dunk.

lefty
02-21-2011, 01:20 PM
http://a2.twimg.com/profile_images/665396722/images_normal.jpg
basketballtalk (http://twitter.com/#%21/basketballtalk) Kurt Helin

Wow, what a shock. RT @darrenrovell (http://twitter.com/darrenrovell): Source: Kia & @blakegriffin (http://twitter.com/blakegriffin) working on finalizing ad that will use All Star car dunk footage

tlongII
02-21-2011, 01:21 PM
The DeRozan dunk was the most badass of all the dunks. To cuff it off the lob and then reverse it was insane.

smrattler
02-21-2011, 01:33 PM
James White beats them all... saw him jump over two cars from behind the free-throw line and dunked 5 balls in 6 rims. Not even his best dunk ever.

easjer
02-21-2011, 01:34 PM
The second DeMarr DeRozan dunk was easily my favorite, though Blake Griffin's first dunk was pretty spectacular.

Serge Ibaka didn't get enough credit for his behind the line dunk.

Drachen
02-21-2011, 01:43 PM

yB7sUJpuljw

I completely agree with this. This dunk was phenomenal.

spurs_fan_in_exile
02-21-2011, 01:45 PM
jAoatO_kvz0

Just because this still cracks me up.

poop
02-21-2011, 01:49 PM
Not no freaking hood of the car.

TRVfrwYDjh4

I still think Derozens 2nd dunk was the best. One attempt that got me out of my feet.

HI MANU! (Now Spurs related)

was this filmed at the Bronx zoo?

Blackjack
02-21-2011, 01:50 PM
Loved Ibaka's dunk, respected the hell out of the difficulty of most of the dunks (even if the awe and luster wore off after failed attempts), but just goes to show how out-of-this-world James White's dunks are.

Ibaka is the first player in competition to complete a full-length free-throw line dunk. James White puts it between the legs, two-hand tomahawks, 360's and windmills from the free throw line. SMGDH

James White: Further out than Ibaka
R8yHQ15TdHU

James White: Redunkulous
vR2XFpaoOxo

Proxy
02-21-2011, 01:53 PM
James White beats them all... saw him jump over two cars from behind the free-throw line and dunked 5 balls in 6 rims. Not even his best dunk ever.

this.... saw this too.

lefty
02-21-2011, 02:03 PM
_01pH_myO9A

Blackjack
02-21-2011, 02:19 PM
Seriously, James White and Taurian Fontenette need to get together with a quality film crew and just make a well-produced video to document any and all they're capable of while they still have the athleticism to do so.

I'd buy that shit.

Taurian Fontenette aka The Air Up There
MBe1s3GSnaw

Jt.ONE
02-21-2011, 02:24 PM
javale should have started the night with the reverse cradle, it is easily a great "get the crowd on your side"//warmup dunk. then go to the 2/3 ball stuff

Blackjack
02-21-2011, 02:55 PM
javale should have started the night with the reverse cradle, it is easily a great "get the crowd on your side"//warmup dunk. then go to the 2/3 ball stuff

Yeah, definitely pretty bass ackwards how his contest played out. The last dunk looked like something out of his warmups.

He was supposedly going to do the free throw line dunk to finish but decided against it because Ibaka had already done it - which makes sense why the last dunk seemed so ill-prepared.

He still should have done it. I'm pretty sure he could have put more style on it.

temujin
02-21-2011, 04:26 PM
Marko Milic.

That's the man.

PM5K
02-21-2011, 04:58 PM
I agree that it was overrated and that the one posted first was better.

I really think though that if he had windmilled it it would have been ten times better, I don't know how feasible that is though, but it was clearly an easy dunk for him, so a windmill might have been possible.