PDA

View Full Version : Anderson playing on FSSW 7PM tonight 2/21/2011

ChumpDumper
02-21-2011, 02:22 PM
The Toros/Legends game in Frisco will be televised, so you can judge Anderson, Cousin, Joe Alexander and Sean Williams for yourselves.

silverblk mystix
02-21-2011, 03:09 PM
Thx!

Will check it out and hope Anderson gets back to the spurs asap.

Russ
02-21-2011, 03:18 PM
An effective Anderson could help the Spurs big time down the stretch. It could allow others' (like Ginobili's) minutes to be cut and, hopefully, add another body to the playoff rotation.

As I recall, he also (somewhat unexpectedly) had flashes of defensive prowess before his injury.

My fear is that his ship may have sailed for his season (hopefully not).

SenorSpur
02-21-2011, 03:27 PM
Damn!

I just went online to purchase a ticket for this game a few mins ago.

I wish I had spotted this thread a few minutes ago. :-(

PublicOption
02-21-2011, 11:09 PM
http://www.nba.com/dleague/playerfile/sean_williams/

this guy is someone we might could use

3+ blocks a game and 42% 3point shooting.

Mel_13
02-21-2011, 11:18 PM
Not a great stat line tonight; 10 pts, 12 rebs, 6 fouls, 7 TOs, 4-13 overall, 2-7 from 3.

He did, however, play 36 minutes tonight. In seven games with the Toros his minutes have increased each game:

DesignatedT
02-21-2011, 11:19 PM
yeah, looked like a pretty rough night for him. Glad hes getting a lot of court time though.

DPG21920
02-21-2011, 11:28 PM
:lol I have never seen someone look so damn bad when he is out of shape. Most guys will have some hiccups, but they still resemble themselves when they are out of shape. This guy looks like a completely different player when he is out of shape vs in shape.

Obstructed_View
02-21-2011, 11:28 PM
People have mentioned that he looks slow. He looks to me like a guy who doesn't really care if the Toros win, and isn't really giving it his all. At some point I'd like to see him play a game as hard as he can while he's on the floor. Getting wind is a good thing, but this trip to Austin isn't going to do much good if he makes this kind of effort a habit. It's a microscopic concern, and is only relevant in a thread on a Spurs forum about him in this game. :)

ChuckD
02-21-2011, 11:29 PM
http://www.nba.com/dleague/playerfile/sean_williams/

this guy is someone we might could use

3+ blocks a game and 42% 3point shooting.

Horrible, horrible asshole. NJ couldn't dump his malcontent ass fast enough.

Here's the weaknesses from nbadraftdotnet

Weakness: Off the court behavior got him repeatedly suspended and ultimately kicked off the BC team halfway through his junior season ... His work ethic and commitment to basketball are very much in question, and his dismissal surely cost his draft stock consideerably ... Doesnt always play the game with intensity often its not uncommon for him to get out worked by players with lesser talent Despite having all the physical tools, Williams is not a good out of position rebounder due to his unwillingness to hustle Suffers from a lack of focus, at times it doesnt seem like he is interested in playing Could stand to bulk up and add more upper body strength to his physique Tends to get pushed away from the basket when posting up because of this Doesnt always take care of the ball when executing his moves on offense as he is prone to strips Still learning the game so his basketball IQ isnt the best Has a tendency to pick-up fouls with regularity Can be a little too aggressive for his on good on defense Would benefit from continuing to expand his offensive game facing the basket

Obstructed_View
02-21-2011, 11:29 PM
BTW, thanks for the post, Chump. Wouldn't have gotten to see him otherwise. Cousin still looks Intruiging for down the road.

Harry Callahan
02-21-2011, 11:31 PM
I went to the game. JA looked all right in stretches. He is still getting his wind back. He got a ton of rebounds and defended guards and forwards.

Toros were very sloppy with the ball in the 4th quarter. They had a nice run in the third quarter and promptly gave a 14 or 15 point lead right back.

Old Antonio Daniels was pretty darn good and got the Legends back in the game.

DPG21920
02-21-2011, 11:32 PM
People have mentioned that he looks slow. He looks to me like a guy who doesn't really care if the Toros win, and isn't really giving it his all. At some point I'd like to see him play a game as hard as he can while he's on the floor. Getting wind is a good thing, but this trip to Austin isn't going to do much good if he makes this kind of effort a habit. It's a microscopic concern, and is only relevant in a thread on a Spurs forum about him in this game. :)

:lol It is not just with the Toros. Even with the Spurs, when he just got back, he looked so awful at times and so tired.

I have literally never seen another pro athlete look so different when out of shape. It's crazy to me.

Blackjack
02-22-2011, 12:05 AM
You've gotta wonder if the lack of conditioning isn't just a byproduct of extreme caution taken with a stress fracture of that nature. Wasn't too long ago the Spurs were dealing with Manu having a similar injury.

But even when James is in shape he looks like an old man. He's extremely deceptive the way he's built and with the way he moves. Don't look like much and then all of a sudden he's blowing by you, ripping down a board or dunking in a way that surprises the hell out of you.

IOW, a little bit of Column A ... a little bit of Column B.

Dex
02-22-2011, 12:11 AM
IOW, a little bit of Column A ... a little bit of Column B.

I really think this is the case.

With as long as the guy was out (and off his feet), it's no surprise that he lost his conditioning. Even if he did regular workouts in the pool, it's not like he was spending 6-hours a day in there or whatever making up for the conditioning he would've been doing otherwise....he's definitely out of game shape.

Couple that with a situation where he's playing for a team that he really doesn't want to play for (not that he's anti-Toros, but after the start he had this season, I'm sure he'd rather be playing for the Spurs right now), and he's probably been instructed NOT to go 100% to avoid further risk of injury. He needs to get his wind back, but getting injured in a DLeague game would be like shooting yourself in the foot.

Hopefully, this means that the Anderson we are currently seeing won't be the same Anderson when he returns to the team (or maybe that is just wishful thinking...)

Blackjack
02-22-2011, 12:29 AM
Don't see any reason to believe he won't be the player he was and was becoming prior to the injury if he's 100% and back in game shape.

Plus if you've heard Pop speak to James, his injury and his expectations for the kid upon returning, there doesn't seem to be any trepidation or concern for him on the coaches behalf. They've shown a lot of confidence in the type of person and player James is and his ability to give them something upon return. That's how it's come off to me, anyway.

ChumpDumper
02-22-2011, 05:42 AM
People have mentioned that he looks slow. He looks to me like a guy who doesn't really care if the Toros win, and isn't really giving it his all. At some point I'd like to see him play a game as hard as he can while he's on the floor. Getting wind is a good thing, but this trip to Austin isn't going to do much good if he makes this kind of effort a habit. It's a microscopic concern, and is only relevant in a thread on a Spurs forum about him in this game. :)He just looks gassed after any effort. If he's just bored or dogging it, I want to trade him before any other team notices.

Obstructed_View
02-22-2011, 09:17 AM
He just looks gassed after any effort. If he's just bored or dogging it, I want to trade him before any other team notices.

Yeah, the nearest comparison on the Spurs would be Gary Neal. I really doubt that Neal wouldn't be far-and-away the Toros' best player in a similar situation.

Bill_Brasky
02-22-2011, 09:28 AM
I saw the game on TV last night. James seems to be gettin his legs back but I was getting frustrated with his inability to hang onto the ball...dude literally has no handles right now and is constantly getting ripped by dleaguers...not good. He also had a bad night shooting but Im not worried about that. He had 23 in the last game.

If Cousin could use his left hand he would be a dangerous post player...I have no idea how he made it this far without developing that and im sure its something pop and the spurs staff noted too when he worked out with them last summer.

ChumpDumper
02-22-2011, 02:19 PM
I think the increased pace in the D-League ultimately helps his conditioning, but that and the double-teams he often sees are keeping his scoring numbers from being overly impressive at this time. He's got five home games coming up starting Thursday and then almost a week before the next game, so if he's not called up travel won't be getting in the way of in and out of game conditioning.

angelbelow
02-22-2011, 05:32 PM
lol sean williams is in the dleague? probably a non factor now a days.