PDA

View Full Version : Blazers likely to deal Andre Miller for Devin Harris

tlongII
02-21-2011, 06:30 PM
No link, but that's what I'm hearing.

Dex
02-21-2011, 06:36 PM
No way Melo goes to the Nyets if Andre Miller is gonna be at the helm. (unless they are still be trying to pair Billups in the deal)

DesignatedT
02-21-2011, 06:37 PM
Hes having a solid year. I've heard Mo Williams for Andre also.

HarlemHeat37
02-21-2011, 06:38 PM
That would easily be a downgrade for Portland, strictly from a short-term basketball perspective..

jjktkk
02-21-2011, 06:39 PM
Can't see Portland doing that trade tbh.

Ditty
02-21-2011, 06:40 PM
non issue

UnWantedTheory
02-21-2011, 06:47 PM
Almost 35 year old Andre Miller for almost 28 year old Devin Harris? Hmmm....

tlongII
02-21-2011, 06:57 PM
No way Melo goes to the Nyets if Andre Miller is gonna be at the helm. (unless they are still be trying to pair Billups in the deal)

The only way this deal gets done is if Melo goes to the Knicks. That's the underlying assumption.

tlongII
02-21-2011, 06:57 PM
Hes having a solid year. I've heard Mo Williams for Andre also.

No way that will happen.

tlongII
02-21-2011, 06:58 PM
That would easily be a downgrade for Portland, strictly from a short-term basketball perspective..

Probably a downgrade for the balance of this season, but an upgrade for the next few years.

jjktkk
02-21-2011, 07:04 PM
Probably a downgrade for the balance of this season, but an upgrade for the next few years.

tlong, how does the Blazers management view Patty Mills? Future starter?

Em-City
02-21-2011, 07:07 PM
can i get a recap.... melo & miller don't get along??

Dex
02-21-2011, 07:09 PM
can i get a recap.... melo & miller don't get along??

I don't think there is any evidence of that, but Miller is a second-tier point guard on the downslope of his career (even though he is having a pretty solid season...for his standards).

Not like Harris is the PG of the future or anything, but he has to have more potential going forward than Miller. If I were Melo, I wouldn't want to be signing my future to a place with a dud at the point.

I haven't even looked how the monies play out, either.

Libri
02-21-2011, 07:17 PM

Didn't Roy want Miller out? IIRC, Roy said that playing with Miller wasn't going to workout and asked for him or Miller to be traded.

tlongII
02-21-2011, 07:20 PM
tlong, how does the Blazers management view Patty Mills? Future starter?

No. The best case for Patty is as a solid backup point guard.

manufan10
02-21-2011, 07:21 PM
Didn't Roy want Miller out? IIRC, Roy said that playing with Miller wasn't going to workout and asked for him or Miller to be traded.

Yeah, I remember hearing about that.

tlongII
02-21-2011, 07:22 PM

That really isn't relevant given the fact that B-Roy likely doesn't have much time left in the league.

coyotes_geek
02-21-2011, 07:27 PM

No way Melo goes to the nets period, but for conversation sake Miller being there wouldn't be a deal killer. If you're the Nets and are trying to convince Melo how this move makes the Nets more appealing, the sell is that Miller is there to be an expiring contract. Getting Harris off the books would give the Nets cap room which they could theoretically use to land a quality player to put beside Melo & Lopez. Melo or no Melo, the Nets certainly aren't looking at Miller as their PG of the future.

coyotes_geek
02-21-2011, 07:30 PM

Sad to say because I like Brandon Roy, but what Brandon Roy wants really shouldn't be all that big of a concern to the blazers anymore.

tlongII
02-21-2011, 07:32 PM
Just posted at Oregonlive.com...

http://www.oregonlive.com/sports/oregonian/john_canzano/index.ssf/2011/02/canzano_blog_new_jersey_nets_t.html

All-Star forward Carmelo Anthony is apparently New York-bound. The Knicks get him. That should go down prior to Tuesday's Nuggets-Grizzlies game, insider tells me, and I'd be surprised to see 'Melo in a Nuggets uniform for that game.

Front-office source in Portland tells me the New Jersey Nets have already turned their attention to shedding salary and are focused on obtaining guard Andre Miller.

The Nets like Miller because he can play, and has an ending contract. They also covet a Blazers first-round draft pick or Rudy Fernandez.

Would you do that deal?

Miller's contract for 2011-2012 is non-guaranteed. It's a June 29 team option. In theory, after not getting Carmelo, the Nets change gears and are apparently now looking to shed salary and become a player in free agency.

The upside on Miller in the next 18 months is that he leads the Blazers to a first-round playoff loss. They'd certainly be better off with Harris, who is younger and would complement LaMarcus Aldridge beautifully. I don't love Harris' game, but I like him enough.

You tell me, do you do this deal? And in what form?

manufan10
02-21-2011, 08:43 PM
No link, but that's what I'm hearing.

Portland considering sending G Andre Miller and C Joel Pryzbilla to New Jersey for G Devin Harris and C Troy Murphy, sources tell Y! Sports

Greg Oden
02-21-2011, 08:46 PM
Avery trading his supposed son Devin "I won the 06 series by myself" Harris twice? :wow

manufan10
02-21-2011, 08:57 PM
Despite conversations with NJ, Portland isn't close to doing a deal with the Nets or anyone else right now, according to source.

Jt.ONE
02-21-2011, 09:15 PM
they should rather find a future replacement for roy tbh

shame what injuries have done to poor ol' roy