PDA

View Full Version : TP > Manu in Uruguay...

urunobili
02-21-2011, 06:53 PM
http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/180747_10150105646098954_797338953_6141889_6363207 _n.jpg

Wanted to share this with you guys.... He has been there for like 6, 7 years... we never had something similar for Manu even though he is Argentinean...

:stirpot:

Libri
02-21-2011, 07:11 PM
Is that TP in the center?

urunobili
02-21-2011, 07:15 PM
Is that TP in the center?

Yes that's him with the France Nike jersey on :)

will_spurs
02-21-2011, 07:17 PM
As much as I love Argentina... Uruguay has it right, as usual :)

Manu'sMagicalLeftHand
02-21-2011, 07:31 PM
Uru...what?

Oh yeah, that Argentinian province to east. :lol

No wonder you guys suck so much at Basketball :p:

ElNono
02-21-2011, 07:37 PM
I would love me a chivito sandwich right now...

http://u.univision.com/contentroot/uol/art/images/noticias/lat/2004/11/URU_chivito2_3.jpg

Manu'sMagicalLeftHand
02-21-2011, 07:40 PM

http://u.univision.com/contentroot/uol/art/images/noticias/lat/2004/11/URU_chivito2_3.jpg

While listenning to Argentinian Gardel

Bruno
02-21-2011, 07:44 PM
While listenning to Frenchman Gardel

Fixed.

it's me
02-21-2011, 09:10 PM
Fixed.

Did he ever sing in french?

ElNono
02-21-2011, 09:10 PM
Fixed.

:lol Touché

it's me
02-21-2011, 09:38 PM
"My heart is Argentinian, but my soul is Uruguayan, because that is where I was born"

Brazil
02-21-2011, 09:42 PM
great country

lefty
02-21-2011, 10:05 PM
Don't Uruguayans hate Argies?

TMTTRIO
02-21-2011, 10:13 PM
Wasn't Tony in the top ten of international sales? Manu wasn't even listed. No matter what Manu's done or how exciting he is he just isn't that marketable other than in SA and Argentina.

chaco
02-22-2011, 12:03 AM
Uru...what?

Oh yeah, that Argentinian province to east. :lol

No wonder you guys suck so much at Basketball :p:

"Argentinian province in brazilian territory" ? :lol

chasky
02-22-2011, 12:09 AM

No.

chasky
02-22-2011, 12:11 AM
The title of the topic is wrong. For one guy, that own a sports store in uruguay Tony sells more than Manu . LOL

ata
02-22-2011, 03:53 AM
Wanted to share this with you guys.... He has been there for like 6, 7 years... we never had something similar for Manu even though he is Argentinean...

AFAIK - that would be just because of that

urunobili
02-22-2011, 05:18 AM
:lol Touché

Lol Gardel was born in Uruguay and whenever any of u visit Montevideo I'll take u to the place where he started singing at age 15.

Saw no market here so left to Argentina where he solidified his career.

Lol both Argentina and France claiming his nationality without a birth certificate.

Its like saying ElNono is American
tbh

urunobili
02-22-2011, 05:21 AM

Lefty; the hate is mostly against Portenos but after the bridge blockage for almost 5 years we may not hate them but they're not considered our brothers anymore tbh

kaji157
02-22-2011, 08:27 AM
Lefty; the hate is mostly against Portenos but after the bridge blockage for almost 5 years we may not hate them but they're not considered our brothers anymore tbh

Don´t lie.
The feeling might not be general, but i think it is safe to say that you don´t like Argentina as much as we like Uruguay.
In Argentina, Uruguay is seen as our equal and brothers, you will have to do a big search to find anyone that hates Uruguay in real life or even in soccer.
As for Uruguay, where i have a lot of friends, it is quite common sense to hate Buenos Aires, Cordoba and Santa Fe people (at least and now we can say Entre Rios), and most of them just hate Argentina overall.
And most of them hates us in soccer, evendoe we handled you a couple of WC qualification chances most people in Uruguay were eager to beat Argentina in the last qualification and get them out of the WC.

I think the feeling of us liking Uruguay is the same that makes them hates us to say the truth. The "Province" thing, is something we do say about Uruguay, butnnot as peyorative but rather than we see them as equals, while people in Uruguay do see that as not recognicing their National autonomy.

EDIT Something similar happens here with Mexico, Argentinian people usually roots for Mexico in whatever competition we can, but Mexicans just can see Argentinian guys.

ElNono
02-22-2011, 08:39 AM
Lol Gardel was born in Uruguay and whenever any of u visit Montevideo I'll take u to the place where he started singing at age 15.

Not only I've been there, I know for a fact I have family living in Montevideo right now... not really in touch with them, but I've met them a couple of times when I was a kid.

Saw no market here so left to Argentina where he solidified his career.

Lol both Argentina and France claiming his nationality without a birth certificate.

:lol

I actually visited his house/museum for the first time in Jean Jauré street (near Abasto shopping) in my last visit to BA. I never really identified with the guy or his music, but the place was interesting to visit regardless. If you have a min when you're in BA next time and you haven't yet, go check it out.

Its like saying ElNono is American
tbh

tbh, I'm around $800 short and 6 months or so away from making that claim. :hat

ElNono
02-22-2011, 08:41 AM
Don´t lie.
The feeling might not be general, but i think it is safe to say that you don´t like Argentina as much as we like Uruguay.
In Argentina, Uruguay is seen as our equal and brothers, you will have to do a big search to find anyone that hates Uruguay in real life or even in soccer.
As for Uruguay, where i have a lot of friends, it is quite common sense to hate Buenos Aires, Cordoba and Santa Fe people (at least and now we can say Entre Rios), and most of them just hate Argentina overall.
And most of them hates us in soccer, evendoe we handled you a couple of WC qualification chances most people in Uruguay were eager to beat Argentina in the last qualification and get them out of the WC.

I think the feeling of us liking Uruguay is the same that makes them hates us to say the truth. The "Province" thing, is something we do say about Uruguay, butnnot as peyorative but rather than we see them as equals, while people in Uruguay do see that as not recognicing their National autonomy.

EDIT Something similar happens here with Mexico, Argentinian people usually roots for Mexico in whatever competition we can, but Mexicans just can see Argentinian guys.

Probably because your average porteño is a self-righteous prick... :lol

lefty
02-22-2011, 09:25 AM
River Plate bragging rights :lol

Obstructed_View
02-22-2011, 09:37 AM
Got damn that sammich looks good.

MaNuMaNiAc
02-22-2011, 10:15 AM
Uruguayans don't like Argentinians for two rather obvious reasons. One being they are right next to Buenos Aires, and people from Capital are as obnoxious as they come, and two because Uruguay has an inferiority complex the size of mount Everest. Urunobili being exhibit A, B, and C in this forum.

Of course, I would like to add I'm Argie and even I'm not liking Argentina at the moment so can't blame the Uruguayans.

it's me
02-22-2011, 10:20 AM
Now… fair question… why almost everybody hates argentines… It’s a known fact that in sport they root for Uruguay, Mexico, Chile, etc… but people from all those countries hate argies with passion, could it be a jealously sort of thing? Is it because argies are arrogants as hell? Or they hate them because Argentina in constantly kicking their butts in major sports?

ElNono
02-22-2011, 10:25 AM
imo, the "arrogant as hell" card is overplayed when it comes to Argies... While it's true that some of the biggest icons that the country produced were major arrogant assholes (Maradona, Vilas, etc), and that your average porteño is an insecure obnoxious arrogant prick, if you actually went outside the capital city you'll find a lot of real humble and real good people. Manu is a good example of that.

it's me
02-22-2011, 10:27 AM
BTW that wall could have been painted back in 07… that might explain Tony up there… if painted on 2010, I’m almost positive Kome would be the chosen character.

ElNono
02-22-2011, 10:28 AM
And BTW, I don't know where you got the idea that Argentina roots for anything other than Argentina 1st and against Brazil 2nd...

it's me
02-22-2011, 10:33 AM
And BTW, I don't know where you got the idea that Argentina roots for anything other than Argentina 1st and against Brazil 2nd...

Well… I have friends…. If Mexico plays against any European team or the US Argies want Mexico to win… same for Uruguay… they want them to win against pretty much everybody…. But I’ve been in bars and crap and Mexicans simply hate argies… want them to lose even if playing a pick up game.

ElNono
02-22-2011, 10:55 AM
Well… I have friends…. If Mexico plays against any European team or the US Argies want Mexico to win… same for Uruguay… they want them to win against pretty much everybody…. But I’ve been in bars and crap and Mexicans simply hate argies… want them to lose even if playing a pick up game.

You can easily chalk that up as Argies viewing Mexico as the underdog. As far as rooting against the US goes, hating on the US has always been in style over there.

will_spurs
02-22-2011, 11:11 AM
I've spent quite a bit of time in both BsAs and Uruguay (all over but mostly Montevideo) and I think people are just making this shit up to stir things up a bit. I guess people are bored. Anybody from France would root against England, Germany or Italy in soccer... doesn't mean we actually them, wouldn't go there to live/work or vacation, don't like the food, etc.

BsAs is a bit like New York... it's Argentina and then again it's not _really_ Argentina. But I've met people from everywhere in Argentina who were just extremely nice people (special memories with people from Rosario, Tucuman, Bahia Blanca, Neunque, Bariloche and even Ushuaia :) ). Just the same in Uruguay, people always did something extra to be nice and helpful to a visitor. In both cases some of the nicest people I've met in my travels. Great memories, especially in Montevideo near the main place in the center, there was a great pizza place (Bar Tasende) and a bar nearby with concerts twice a week with a GREAT drummer. Excellent stuff.

As for Uruguay, yeah they probably suffer from an inferiority complex (in football or even rugby!) but I think it's quite easy to understand. It doesn't mean it's particularly mean, though.

I remember a great parody of Argentina with a map of Latin America with all the countries bunched and nice to each other, and Argentina alone on the side :D

CAPARG
02-22-2011, 01:02 PM

+ a Pilsen!!!!

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR7a9eMEMB-GiEZh7pizCVIvX1ge8pZcyZ0BInSE53gZuttNal-BA

ALVAREZ6
02-22-2011, 01:48 PM
Superiority brings jealousy

ALVAREZ6
02-22-2011, 01:50 PM

They most likely simply want the Latin American team to win.

MaNuMaNiAc
02-22-2011, 02:09 PM

Pretty much the only thing in which Argentina is superior to Uruguay right now is sports. Everything else they are head and shoulders above us.

Their unemployment rate is at an all time low, and not the bullshit "jobs" they create here in Argentina, where they hire 10 people to do a job designed for 1 just so they can say they've reduced unemployment. They don't openly condone crime and violence by inaction like our government does. They understand that to create jobs, you don't fabricate positions, you try and create an environment that is conducive to investment and the creation of job SOURCES, we're too stupid to understand that difference.

No, right now, little brother is kicking big brother's ass.

it's me
02-22-2011, 02:24 PM
Pretty much the only thing in which Argentina is superior to Uruguay right now is sports. Everything else they are head and shoulders above us.

Their unemployment rate is at an all time low, and not the bullshit "jobs" they create here in Argentina, where they hire 10 people to do a job designed for 1 just so they can say they've reduced unemployment. They don't openly condone crime and violence by inaction like our government does. They understand that to create jobs, you don't fabricate positions, you try and create an environment that is conducive to investment and the creation of job SOURCES, we're too stupid to understand that difference.

Dude, just get out of there already.

urunobili
02-22-2011, 02:52 PM
lol all Argies trolled on this thread :lol

speaking about inferiority complex they all reacted like rats at sinking ship! :lmao

TBH, you see Manu jersey's everywhere here :) Have seen a few Duncan's here and there but I guess I'm the only one with a TP one which I recently bought in SAT with koriwhat as a witness :)

ElNono
02-22-2011, 03:06 PM
lol all Argies trolled on this thread :lol

speaking about inferiority complex they all reacted like rats at sinking ship! :lmao

TBH, you see Manu jersey's everywhere here :) Have seen a few Duncan's here and there but I guess I'm the only one with a TP one which I recently bought in SAT with koriwhat as a witness :)

That Spurs logo on the guitar is kickass too, methinks... :tu

urunobili
02-22-2011, 03:13 PM
That Spurs logo on the guitar is kickass too, methinks... :tu

right on cue :tu

I am about to go a rehearsal with it today.

I bought that decal at Academy in SAT back when they had REAL Spurs stuff all over in 2006 :)

hater
02-22-2011, 03:22 PM

this pretty much answers the question why are argentines arrogant. They truly believe inside their little heads that they are superior to others. :lmao

kaji157
02-22-2011, 04:58 PM

Dude just get outta here because this will continue for the next 4 years for sure because the other options we have as posible presidents are jokes.

ALVAREZ6
02-22-2011, 05:04 PM

lol..I was precisely only speaking about sports...the reason why many other countries can be jealous of Argentina, a small country (relatively, population-wise) that still pumps out athletes like no other..soccer, basketball, rugby, tennis, golf, and others.

Anything government/economy related..yeah no shit, Argentina is embarrassing. Completely stuck in one place in time, and seems as though will never evolve. It's a good thing my parents had the vision and drive to bring the dynasty North. :lol

ALVAREZ6
02-22-2011, 05:09 PM
this pretty much answers the question why are argentines arrogant. They truly believe inside their little heads that they are superior to others. :lmao
I was referring precisely to sports, and with a slight trollish connotation. Those Brazilians are pretty cocky when it comes to soccer I'd say...and I have no damn problem with it, they deserve it.

kaji157
02-22-2011, 05:09 PM

This is, pretty much, an idea you have in your head.

So the USA people think they are worth shit? i don't think so, many doesn't understand a lot outside of their own country and not recognizing other is just another form of arrogance.

I think it's good for a country to love itself an its culture, go ask brazilians which country is the best, i bet everyone would say Brasil.

That "argies are obnoxius bastards" thing is something that has been invented long before i was born, and for what i can say, it's not true, aside from some people from the richest neibourhoods in Buenos Aires.

It would be like if i said that every american is a new yorker, or every Spaniard is Frankista, or every Italian is Facist. It is simply a general rule that should not be applyed so lightly.

I bet everyone here can look at Scola for example, a head down work hard guy with no ego. A ginobili who is also from Buenos Aires (not capital city), or pretty much our entire Basketball team whose players suceeded on the bases of humilty and hard work.

Whatever, i think the reason Argentina is so much hated is because most people has not been here, i thouth Brazil was the best, i was there this year and it was a so-so country. Yet i respect those who love it and think its nice. Because i can understand the reasons behind that thoughts. I can do both, not like it and still understand it, because i've been there and know it.

The feel that people in this thread that are not from Latin America has stated, that Buenos Aires is a bit like New York, or Paris, is what exasperates every other latin american city.

Buenos Aires is usually put as a beacon of fashion, style or whatever, but you have to remember that it's only a metropolis on a very big and not fully populated country. Argentina has lots of small towns and very few metropolis, hence, we are not all the same.

ALVAREZ6
02-22-2011, 05:19 PM

oh yeah, CROFL if you are an American... I mean, a citizen of the United States, born and raised.

CROFL @ the Murican

urunobili
02-22-2011, 07:55 PM
Lol all Argies SEVERELY trolled now

Lol hater is more latin than all of us Rio de la Plata European wannabes

Lol Argentineans thinking they're greater than us in sports when just in soccer we have the same historic wins at every level being ten time smaller

diego
02-22-2011, 08:22 PM
:dramaquee

uruguay is a great place, but instead of Pilsen with your chivito, have a Patricia. :hungry:

http://lh3.ggpht.com/_VRWOE0Dv5XI/S1nmwJMtGGI/AAAAAAAAAfE/tGJ4EAP2jG0/Patricia%5B2%5D.jpg

oh wait, I responded to this thread, my argie arrogant self has been trolled by urunobili :depressed

ALVAREZ6
02-22-2011, 08:32 PM

Lol Argentineans thinking they're greater than us in sports when just in soccer we have the same historic wins at every level being ten time smaller

how bout basketball or rugby, two other huge team sports around the world?

Congrats on winning the very first world cup, and not another since 1950.

ALVAREZ6
02-22-2011, 08:34 PM
On a serious note, chill out bro.. crofl @ being trolled.

An Argentine is an Italian who speaks Spanish and thinks he's British.

:tu :tu :tu

hater
02-22-2011, 09:10 PM
on a serious note, argentines are generally cool when you visit their country. and the women more than make up for the rest of the assholes.

it's only when they leave the country the arrogance comes out. It's some kind of defense mechanism to the unfamiliar.

MaNuMaNiAc
02-22-2011, 09:37 PM
on a serious note, argentines are generally cool when you visit their country. and the women more than make up for the rest of the assholes.

it's only when they leave the country the arrogance comes out. It's some kind of defense mechanism to the unfamiliar.

that's a bullshit generalization as well. I've lived in quite a few countries where I interacted with a lot of Argie expats and most were extremely level headed and humble.

People should really refrain from spewing the bullshit they hear as if it was fact. Most Argies are NOT egocentric assholes with some kind of superiority complex.

I just love how idiots who are looking for any excuse to hate us always cling to the same old fucking stereotype.

In my travels I've met assholes from all walks of life. Quite a few American ones, a couple of Mexicans, Brazilians, Peruvians, Chileans and yes, Urunobili, a few Uruguayans as well.

Should I assume you're all pricks like them?

PS. By the way Uru, whether you think you trolled anyone here or not, you still the motherfucker with the biggest inferiority complex I know in this forum. If this world cup taught us anything, its that.

kaji157
02-22-2011, 09:48 PM

Don´t worry, we will always root for Uruguay because we respect our brotherhood.
No matter that Uruguay left us to fight alone for the freedom of the American countries even after Buenos Aires backed up Artigas 3 times to form an army and go to Montevideo.

We might suck, but our Cooky arrogance was the seed for freedom in many countries, including yours.

Go look where Artigas form his army, how many men where from uruguay and how many from BS AS and how many times they where kicked our of your own land, first by Portugal and then by Brasil, and you where able to regroup on Argentinean soil and with our backup.

urunobili
02-23-2011, 05:15 AM
On a serious note, chill out bro.. crofl @ being trolled.:tu :tu :tu
Lol out of the olympics on soccer in the hands of small brother

hater
02-23-2011, 09:17 AM
that's a bullshit generalization as well. I've lived in quite a few countries where I interacted with a lot of Argie expats and most were extremely level headed and humble.

of course, you are argentine, the defensive mechanism disables itself.

People should really refrain from spewing the bullshit they hear as if it was fact. Most Argies are NOT egocentric assholes with some kind of superiority complex.

I just love how idiots who are looking for any excuse to hate us always cling to the same old fucking stereotype.

sorry, but the argentine's reputatioin all over latin america precedes them. You can't really argue with that. Blondes are stupid, argentines are arrogant. it's no conspiracy theory if everyone believes it.

ALVAREZ6
02-23-2011, 12:39 PM
ux9LeN6kZsA

chasky
02-23-2011, 01:54 PM

What are you talking about?

http://www.indexmundi.com/g/r.aspx?t=100&v=67

That is the problem with argentinians, we hate ourselfs.

MB20
02-23-2011, 02:07 PM
What are you talking about?

http://www.indexmundi.com/g/r.aspx?t=100&v=67

That is the problem with argentinians, we hate ourselfs.

83. LOL

We are as good as the Mariana Islands...:hat

romain.star
02-23-2011, 02:31 PM
ux9LeN6kZsA

Hey quite an atmosphere ! From what I've heard, that's possibly the craziest derby in the world

I've attended a Flamengo-Fluminense derby a couple of years ago at the Maracana: amazing too

South American fans really turn crazy when it comes to football