PDA

View Full Version : Harris back to Dallas??

Mr.Bottomtooth
02-21-2011, 09:54 PM
@WojYahooNBA
Adrian Wojnarowski
Dallas, Denver and New Jersey have discussed three-way that would land Harris with Mavs and Felton and Mozgov with Nets, source says.http://twitter.com/#!/WojYahooNBA/status/39879814261252096

LILCOOK
02-21-2011, 09:56 PM
bye bye overated roddy have fun kid hahahahaha

JayTheClown
02-21-2011, 10:42 PM
BREAKING NEWS From the desk of JayTheClown

This trade isn't happening.

Move along people there is nothing to see here.

Phillip
02-22-2011, 12:02 AM
its said that a 4th team would likely be involved, and basically all Dallas has to give up is Butler, a pick, and cash, while getting Harris back. I'd say go for that, no question about it, unless something better somehow presents itself, such as Tayshaun Prince or Gerald Wallace.

DPG21920
02-22-2011, 12:04 AM
Butler for Harris doesn't make the Mavs any better imo before Butler went down. If Roddy can step up, it might be good enough, but the problem is Butler wouldn't cut into Roddy's minutes positionally, Harris does.

Phillip
02-22-2011, 12:04 AM
tbh it would be interesting to see what Harris can do with the Mavs now that he has developed a bit more, and having a guy like Kidd to set him up, as well as Chandler in the middle. he was a MUCH more efficient scorer when playing with Dirk, and he likely will be much more efficient than he has been in NJ, and now that he wouldn't be relied on to run the offense much, he can just focus on scoring.

Dex
02-22-2011, 12:05 AM
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2572/3861215248_ddfcd262e6.jpg

Phillip
02-22-2011, 12:07 AM
Butler for Harris doesn't make the Mavs any better imo before Butler went down. If Roddy can step up, it might be good enough, but the problem is Butler wouldn't cut into Roddy's minutes positionally, Harris does.

Not saying it does, but Harris for Butler (who isnt playing, and likely wont really be able to play at the level he was before he got hurt) is a nice deal and definitely helps them.

Again, I'd rather have Prince or Wallace first, but if the Mavs can't swing a trade for those guys, this is a no-brainer. Hopefully it can be a situation where the team who gets Butler will waive him and he can boomerang back to Dallas. If they somehow win a title this year, I want him to be a part of it, even if he isn't able to play. I like the guy.

Phillip
02-22-2011, 12:09 AM
Truth is, its definitely a tough situation for the Mavs FO. It would suck to give up Roddys minutes to Harris, especially if Roddy ends up turning out to be the better player. His skillset is already better and more fitting for the Mavs than Harris' skillset, considering the simple fact that hes a deadly shooter. But at the same time, no one knows if Roddy can play to potential this year.

DPG21920
02-22-2011, 12:10 AM
Jackson is more than obtainable and would be better overall. I would f'ing hate to see Jax on the Mavs. He, at least in theory, is exactly what the Mavs need both positionally and skill set.

DesignatedT
02-22-2011, 12:11 AM
Butler says he will be back for the playoffs and even if he isn't able to return he can still be effective for the next couple years. Harris is pretty overrated IMO and having a backcourt of Kidd,JJB,Beaboius, and Harris would leave no time for one of those guys and you know who that guy will be when it comes to Carlisle....

DesignatedT
02-22-2011, 12:13 AM
I would hate to see Jax in Dallas also because I have always rooted for the guy but I am not scared of him as a player and if it means Dallas has to get rid of Butler, a player like Roddy and maybe a pick or something then it would be fine with me. Jackson is not what he used to be.

DPG21920
02-22-2011, 12:15 AM
Jax can likely be had for an expiring contract. Butler for Jax is an upgrade, even when Butler was healthy.

DesignatedT
02-22-2011, 12:21 AM
Ehh Dallas getting sjax wouldn't scare me. Doubt Charlotte is willing to get rid of him straight up for Butler though.

DPG21920
02-22-2011, 12:22 AM
Ehh Dallas getting sjax wouldn't scare me. Doubt Charlotte is willing to get rid of him straight up for Butler though.

Really? Saves them like 21M in just straight salary.

monosylab1k
02-22-2011, 02:28 AM
I'd be all for this trade if it meant Harris was taking away all of Barea's minutes and a chunk of Terry's. But we all know fucking Carlisle will just give all of roddy/stevensons minutes to Harris so in the end this trade is pointless and retarded. I'd honestly rather see them try to get JHo back than do this.

Also, LMAO at Avery being so hell bent on trading his beloved son. I haven't seen him so determined to trade away a PG since, well, the last time he traded Harris. I wonder if the Russian will be okay with it when Avery throws him under the bus and lies to the media about how he never wanted to trade his son Devin for the second time, or if he'll just get one of his soldiers to give Avery a Colombian Necktie for his insolence.

sefant77
02-22-2011, 07:38 AM
I would hate to see Jax in Dallas also because I have always rooted for the guy but I am not scared of him as a player and if it means Dallas has to get rid of Butler, a player like Roddy and maybe a pick or something then it would be fine with me. Jackson is not what he used to be.

Sure, Mavs trade Butler+Roddy for Jax because one postseason with Jax is so much better than a postseason with Roddy and the next years with Butler AND Roddy rofl

Darrin
02-22-2011, 08:07 AM
its said that a 4th team would likely be involved, and basically all Dallas has to give up is Butler, a pick, and cash, while getting Harris back. I'd say go for that, no question about it, unless something better somehow presents itself, such as Tayshaun Prince or Gerald Wallace.

Prince will be shopped before the deadline. It's possible he's available.

ChuckD
02-22-2011, 08:34 AM
Sure as God made little green apples, the Lakers will find a way to turn Devin Harris into a jump shooter in a playoff series.

endrity
02-22-2011, 08:42 AM
To me it's a pointless trade really. No way you can find a useful rotation for Kidd, Harris, Barea, Terry and Roddy, which are all esentially PGs. Unless we do Barea for Harris, than I would be all for it.

jermaine
02-22-2011, 08:59 AM
Likewise! Him or Ramon Felton. Harris don't scare me with the Macs anymo. Felton Dirk, & Chandler does though.
Jackson is more than obtainable and would be better overall. I would f'ing hate to see Jax on the Mavs. He, at least in theory, is exactly what the Mavs need both positionally and skill set.

Shank
02-22-2011, 09:13 AM
Tayshaun Prince to the Mavs is more likely right now, especially with Ujiri not wanting to flip any of the Knicks back to the Nets. Mavs had a plan in place for Harris, but the retention of those traded have put a damper on things.

tlongII
02-22-2011, 10:42 AM
Harris is going to the Blazers. End of story.

Phillip
02-22-2011, 10:47 AM
Tayshaun Prince to the Mavs is more likely right now, especially with Ujiri not wanting to flip any of the Knicks back to the Nets. Mavs had a plan in place for Harris, but the retention of those traded have put a damper on things.

Good, I'd rather have Prince anyways.

monosylab1k
02-22-2011, 10:58 AM

Unless the plan was "give him all of Barea's minutes and 25% of Terry's" then their plan was stupid. Thankfully that trade won't happen.

JamStone
02-22-2011, 02:12 PM

You guys can have Tayshaun for Butler's contract and your first round pick.

Do it.

Axe Murderer
02-22-2011, 02:14 PM

Do it.

Is that you Joe?

Seriously, I would do that in a split second

Juan
02-22-2011, 02:17 PM
:lmao mavs fans. actually think they are going to land sjax and gwallace :lmao

Kyle Orton
02-22-2011, 02:18 PM
tbh Teyshaun Prince is a grossly overrated defender and bonafied playoff choker. It'd be beyond dumb for Dallas to get him over Jax or Wallace.

Axe Murderer
02-22-2011, 02:19 PM
you guys would rather have tayshaun prince whenever rumor has it that both jackson and wallace are on the block????

Not necessarily.

Jamstone's offer was Butler and a pick for Prince. I'd do that in a heartbeat. I'd rather have Wallace than Jackson/Prince but not for Butler/Beaubois

Juan
02-22-2011, 02:21 PM
:lmao mavs fans pipe dreaming about tayshaun prince, gwallace and sjax????? I thought you guys were already title contenders :lmao. what about roddy b the savior :lmao

fuckin fan base is delusional

Axe Murderer
02-22-2011, 02:21 PM
what if we could get both jax and wallace in a salary dump? butler/stephenson/beaubois/picks/cash for jax/wallace?

definitely

Axe Murderer
02-22-2011, 02:22 PM
:lmao mavs fans pipe dreaming about tayshaun prince, gwallace and sjax????? I thought you guys were already title contenders :lmao. what about roddy b the savior :lmao

fuckin fan base is delusional

were talking hypotheticals you fucking moron

Mugen
02-22-2011, 02:22 PM
SJax or Wallace to the Mavs for Butler/1st round would put them clearly above the Spurs/Laker, imho.

Prince hasn't been a good defender since about 2006.

Juan
02-22-2011, 02:24 PM
were talking hypotheticals you fucking moron

:lmao only losers talk hypotheticals.. real talk.

monosylab1k

Do it.

In Dallas the thinking is that Detroit will explore every option available, and if there's nothing better out there, they'll do that trade. I think Dallas is also banking on that as a last resort if nothing else works out too.

Also, from everything I'm reading/listening to, Dallas has no interest in Stephen Jackson, which sucks.

Juan
SJax or Wallace to the Mavs for Butler/1st round would put them clearly above the Spurs/Laker, imho.

Prince hasn't been a good defender since about 2006.

you trippin son.

Axe Murderer
i'm not saying they're looking to dump both, but the same twitter that first broke news of the melo trade said they were looking to move either or both. i wonder if they'd do it for essentially cap space/beaubois/picks

With the trade dealine so close, I just don't see us making a deal.

On top of that, Charlotte could still make the playoffs so I don't see them making a deal anymore

# 1 Troll
02-22-2011, 02:25 PM
Prince sux, he is marion 2.0. And roddy isn't going anywhere ecspecially for jackson or wallace

Axe Murderer
02-22-2011, 02:25 PM
hi Tacker

Fpoonsie
02-22-2011, 02:26 PM
tbh Teyshaun Prince is a grossly overrated defender and bonafied playoff choker. It'd be beyond dumb for Dallas to get him over Jax or Wallace.

Agreed. The only thing Teyshaun gives you at this point is underutilized length, considering how many ugly jumpers he takes that he can't hit on a consistent basis. People've been riding his jock ever since that one play he made against a breaking Reggie and for his minimal(ish) role on an overachieving DET squad in a weak Eastern conference.

Jackson would be terrifying in DAL. A solid shooter/decent slasher w/ absolutely no conscience. I haven't watched enough of Wallace to know what he'd really bring, aside from the most lax-looking temperament since TMac entered the league.

# 1 Troll
hi Tacker

well hello you

Juan
With the trade dealine so close, I just don't see us making a deal.

On top of that, Charlotte could still make the playoffs so I don't see them making a deal anymore

:lmao you betta make a fuckin deal. fuckin scrubs up in dallas thinkin they gun land gwallace and sjax :lmao :lmao

you got JAY JAY MFN BARREA SON. that's whos gunna lead carlisles group :lmao

Fpoonsie
02-22-2011, 02:28 PM
Also, from everything I'm reading/listening to, Dallas has no interest in Stephen Jackson, which sucks.

That's fairly startling, unless their lack of interest has to do w/ what they already know they'd hafta give up.

Juan
02-22-2011, 02:28 PM
see what i mean, someone tries to actually talk basketball and dumbasses do their damnest to disrupt it.

:cry :cry nigga im talkin basketball. you just be dreamin. sjax and gwallace coming to dallas? wtf kind of talk is that. fuckin pipedream.

you want to talk bball lets talk carlisles track record and JJ Barrea. now that is some BBALL talk son.

Juan
02-22-2011, 02:32 PM
http://cdn3.sbnation.com/entry_photo_images/881441/94258_timberwolves_mavericks_basketball.jpg

# 1 Troll
02-22-2011, 02:35 PM
well if we don't make a deal then kiss year 1 of our 2 year window goodbye. i think it's pretty apparent that it's either do or die, i just can't see how they could stand pat

we desperately need another guy who can create, as well as size/defense at the 2. address it or go home in the 1st/2nd round

mavs holdong off on a deal because of the new cba, might make it hard to resign chandler if you bring on long term contracts like jackson. and prince isn't going to make the Mavs any better

Shank
02-22-2011, 02:56 PM
They'd be looking for a guy that can help them this year, obviously, but ALSO is an expiring so it doesn't affect their books in the offseason and still allows them to re-up with Chandler (you). Take that into consideration when scouring which names are out there.

Shank
02-22-2011, 03:02 PM
Tayshaun Prince
Andre Kirilenko (whooo that's a lot of money)
Zach Randolph (whooo that's a lot of money)
Jason Richardson?
And yes, TJ Ford

Fpoonsie
02-22-2011, 03:03 PM
Tayshaun Prince
Andre Kirilenko (whooo that's a lot of money)
Zach Randolph (whooo that's a lot of money)
Jason Richardson?
And yes, TJ Ford

J-Rich wouldn't be available, though, would he? With his recent change a' scenery and all...

Shank
02-22-2011, 03:08 PM
I don't know, off-hand, if Richardson can move again.

Ty - the problem we're seeing is, the well is somewhat dry. We're all looking for that legit, #2 scoring option, but that guy isn't out there. The hope is Roddy B is that guy - one that can score or get into the paint with relative ease. Dwyane Wade isn't out there at this deadline.

I love the Prince option. He gives you everything Butler provided when the team was jammin' in the early parts of the season. He'll give you that size/defense you're asking for and he's smart enough to fit in quicker than others would.

Shank
02-22-2011, 03:13 PM
Cavs announcing all players are available for draft picks.

I like me some Christian Eyenga.

Shank
02-22-2011, 03:14 PM
hypothetical question here, say we make it all the way to the finals and face the heat

who is going to guard lebron?

who is going to guard wade?

stephenson/marion can't play all 48 minutes. whenever one guy is off the court, exactly who the hell is going to pick up one of the best 3 players in the league today? peja? jj barea? jet? tell me

But at the same time, we have to ask who from the Heat are going to guard the Mavs, namely Dirk.

Fpoonsie
02-22-2011, 03:16 PM
hypothetical question here, say we make it all the way to the finals and face the heat

stephenson/marion can't play all 48 minutes. whenever one guy is off the court, exactly who the hell is going to pick up one of the best 3 players in the league today? peja? jj barea? jet? tell me

You don't think every team is asking themselves that question?

Phillip
02-22-2011, 03:25 PM

honestly, this is where the effect of chandler and the team defense as a whole comes into play, and still make it possible to limit these guys. however, this is also where not having Butler hurts the team the most.

Ghazi
02-22-2011, 03:27 PM
Phillip, our D hasn't been great lately.. although the O's picked up to kinda make up for t.

Phillip
02-22-2011, 03:27 PM
But at the same time, we have to ask who from the Heat are going to guard the Mavs, namely Dirk.

+1. Who is going to limit Roddy, Terry, or JJB? All three of these guys would pretty much be able to score at will against Chalmers and Arroyo.

A healthy Roddy would be very key in this series, as his ability to push the ball would really exploit a big weakness in Miami.

Phillip
02-22-2011, 03:28 PM
Phillip, our D hasn't been great lately.. although the O's picked up to kinda make up for t.

it hasnt been great, but at the same time, they are having to basically incorporate two new guys into the system. it will take some time. also it seems like they have backed off the zone defense that they played so effectively early on. perhaps they are hiding it a little bit, as well as giving Roddy and Peja more time to learn it better.

Phillip
02-22-2011, 03:30 PM
which is exactly why i've been harping on this ever since the moment they broke the news of his knee injury, we NEED to replace him with a similar player (bigger wing guy who can create shots and play d)

meh, I wasn't ever that impressed with his ability to create shots, but his size and defense was definitely nice. but his ability to "create offense" was pretty much just launching fadeaways that didn't go in very frequently. I think Prince could pretty much fill his void perfectly fine, only Prince attacks the basket a little more frequently.

Phillip
02-22-2011, 03:34 PM
except prince doesnt play defense anymore and he's a scrawny pussyboy

id still rather have Wallace or Jax, but I still would be pretty happy with Prince.

Kyle Orton
02-22-2011, 03:39 PM
lol Phillip's Mavs homerism

"Our great fuckin boys in blue team defense :cry will guard Wade and Lebron"

Shank
02-22-2011, 03:41 PM

It works for teams like the Celtics and Spurs. They don't have individuals that can guard either straight-up so you rely on strong team defense to make up for it.

Juan
02-22-2011, 03:50 PM
:lmao dis nigga tyson still talkin about sjax and gwallace :lmao give it up nigga you got JJBarrera. neal wit it dawg

monosylab1k
02-22-2011, 04:08 PM
It works for teams like the Celtics and Spurs. They don't have individuals that can guard either straight-up so you rely on strong team defense to make up for it.

Yeah but show me evidence that when it comes down to play with the big boys in the playoffs, that anybody on this team besides Chandler is going to play team defense.

I've got 10 years of evidence saying the defense as currently constructed will fold when it matters.

monosylab1k
02-22-2011, 04:10 PM
I still don't get this fucking bullshit about wanting an expiring contract to stay flexible and shit. Is Mark Cuban really so retarded that he thinks playing for 2 or 3 years down the road is a good idea?

1. Dirk only has 2 or 3 more years.
2. This may be the only year in the next 5 or 6 where Miami is beatable.

I don't see how it's not painfully fucking obvious that you have to go for it RIGHT NOW.

Shank
02-22-2011, 04:13 PM
Yeah but show me evidence that when it comes down to play with the big boys in the playoffs, that anybody on this team besides Chandler is going to play team defense.

I've got 10 years of evidence saying the defense as currently constructed will fold when it matters.

I don't have a crystal ball.

monosylab1k
02-22-2011, 04:14 PM
+1

butler/stephenson/beaubois/picks/cash for sjax/wallace

It'll never happen but I'd do it in about a nanosecond.

:lmao @ roddy being "untouchable"

DesignatedT
02-22-2011, 04:15 PM
+1

butler/stephenson/beaubois/picks/cash for sjax/wallace

Would you trade Butler/Beaubois/picks for one of those guys?

monosylab1k
02-22-2011, 04:16 PM
I don't have a crystal ball.

You don't need one. If 10 times out of 10 a team finds a way to piss away a season with shitty defense in the playoffs, then you have a really really really good idea of what will happen in year 11.

Kyle Orton
02-22-2011, 04:18 PM

rofl, all 5 of Boston's starters are good individual defenders. Do you have frontal lobe damage?

Shank
02-22-2011, 04:18 PM
You don't need one. If 10 times out of 10 a team finds a way to piss away a season with shitty defense in the playoffs, then you have a really really really good idea of what will happen in year 11.

But I thought that, in years past, the lack of a real #2 was the problem for this team. So if they have that option, does it beat out the need for good team defense?

Shank
02-22-2011, 04:19 PM
rofl, all 5 of Boston's starters are good individual defenders. Do you have frontal lobe damage?

Cool. 1-1, which of the Celtics can defend Wade and/or LeBron?

I can't wait until Denver trades your ass, too.

Kyle Orton
02-22-2011, 04:19 PM
lol comparing the Mavs' team defense to Boston's team defense.

Shank
02-22-2011, 04:20 PM

lol that never happened

Kyle Orton
02-22-2011, 04:20 PM
Cool. 1-1, which of the Celtics can defend Wade and/or LeBron?

I can't wait until Denver trades your ass, too.

Pierce and Allen can do a WAY better job guarding Wade and Lebron than any SG/SF combo on Dallas (unless of course you include Marion which means your offense will blow).

monosylab1k
02-22-2011, 04:28 PM
But I thought that, in years past, the lack of a real #2 was the problem for this team. So if they have that option, does it beat out the need for good team defense?

the lack of a real #2 was a problem that could be overcome. Shitty team defense wasn't.

In the Finals, it wasn't Wade taking 40 FT's a game, or Dirk shitting the bed in a few games that lost the series. It was them letting Gary Payton, Udonis Haslem, and Antoine Fucking Walker score on them consistently.

Phillip
02-22-2011, 04:29 PM

never said that. but its what it will come down to, regardless. no one can guard Bron or Wade straight up in the entire NBA. it takes good team defense to be able to contain them somewhat, and if the Mavs can play some solid team defense, they still may be able to weather the storm.

# 1 Troll

shut up faggot. Hey is this who runs tha krew???? :lol

Shank
the lack of a real #2 was a problem that could be overcome. Shitty team defense wasn't.

In the Finals, it wasn't Wade taking 40 FT's a game, or Dirk shitting the bed in a few games that lost the series. It was them letting Gary Payton, Udonis Haslem, and Antoine Fucking Walker score on them consistently.

I know Chandler here isn't a fan of Prince, but it's hard to deny that he'd be a much better option to start at the 3 than friggin' Peja Stojakovic.

Phillip
02-22-2011, 04:30 PM

there is only one players who has been with the team for the past 10 years, and that's Dirk. more like about 4 months of evidence.

Kyle Orton
02-22-2011, 04:33 PM
never said that. but its what it will come down to, regardless. no one can guard Bron or Wade straight up in the entire NBA. it takes good team defense to be able to contain them somewhat, and if the Mavs can play some solid team defense, they still may be able to weather the storm.

team defense can't cover up shitty individual defense. They could have Hakeem Olajuwon down low and it won't stop Dwayne Wade from abusing Jason Terry.

Kyle Orton
02-22-2011, 04:35 PM
Tbh, every season from Februar-mid April, Phillip talks about how all of the obvious and blatant flaws Dallas has can be covered up by something stupid, you'd think at some point he'd recognize the repeated weaknesses Dallas has that lose in the playoffs.

Phillip
02-22-2011, 04:35 PM
team defense can't cover up shitty individual defense. They could have Hakeem Olajuwon down low and it won't stop Dwayne Wade from abusing Jason Terry.

team defense is what covered up Magic and Birds shitty defense

i agree that you still need good individual defenders, but team defense can definitely help minimize the bleeding.

Phillip
02-22-2011, 04:36 PM
Tbh, every season from Februar-mid April, Phillip talks about how all of the obvious and blatant flaws Dallas has can be covered up by something stupid, you'd think at some point he'd recognize the repeated weaknesses Dallas has that lose in the playoffs.

ok

Kyle Orton
02-22-2011, 04:36 PM
team defense is what covered up Magic and Birds shitty defense

:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao bringing up two of the best teams of all time to defend your argument about the Mavs.

Kyle Orton
02-22-2011, 04:38 PM
ok

tbh you're a homer, sorry :lol. The Mavs have the 12th best defensive rating in the NBA, idk what this great fuckin team defense (:cry) is that you speak of.

monosylab1k
02-22-2011, 04:38 PM
there is only one players who has been with the team for the past 10 years, and that's Dirk. more like about 4 months of evidence.

Different players, same results. Or do you think suddenly Jason Terry is going to become a lockdown defender in the playoffs?

Phillip
02-22-2011, 04:41 PM
:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao bringing up two of the best teams of all time to defend your argument about the Mavs.

actually it wasnt to defend my argument on the mavs, as opposed to my argument on the importance of team defense. i said not just the mavs, but EVERY TEAM IN THE NBA would need team defense in order to have a shot at Miami, because NO ONE can guard Lebron or Wade straight up. it takes a team effort, if even if you have a guy who is a mediocre defender on them, a team that plays good team defense can still overcome it and limit the bleeding, and give themselves a chance to still win in other ways such as shutting down other players from chipping in, or by scoring more efficiently than your opponent.

Kyle Orton
02-22-2011, 04:41 PM
Or do you think suddenly Jason Terry is going to become a lockdown defender in the playoffs?

He doesn't need to be with their great fuckin team defense :cry

Kyle Orton
02-22-2011, 04:42 PM
actually it wasnt to defend my argument on the mavs, as opposed to my argument on the importance of team defense. i said not just the mavs, but EVERY TEAM IN THE NBA would need team defense in order to have a shot at Miami, because NO ONE can guard Lebron or Wade straight up. it takes a team effort, if even if you have a guy who is a mediocre defender on them, a team that plays good team defense can still overcome it and limit the bleeding, and give themselves a chance to still win in other ways such as shutting down other players from chipping in, or by scoring more efficiently than your opponent.

tbh is the 12th best defensive rating in the NBA the type of good team defense that can overcome a weak defensive link like Jason Terry?

Phillip
02-22-2011, 04:43 PM
tbh you're a homer, sorry :lol. The Mavs have the 12th best defensive rating in the NBA, idk what this great fuckin team defense (:cry) is that you speak of.

when did I say they have great team defense? please pull a quote where I said they have great team defense. All I said is that at this point, team defense is what they have to hope on to try to limit the bleeding. I also said that not having a guy like Butler really hurts.

Kyle Orton
02-22-2011, 04:45 PM
honestly, this is where the effect of chandler and the team defense as a whole comes into play, and still make it possible to limit these guys.

If you wanna play semantics, sure you didn't say "great team defense", but this post implies Dallas has team defense that can limit Miami.

Phillip
02-22-2011, 04:46 PM
tbh is the 12th best defensive rating in the NBA the type of good team defense that can overcome a weak defensive link like Jason Terry?

tbh is a team that is what, 1-5 against the top teams in the NBA in Boston, San Antonio, Dallas, and Los Angeles, and still quite average against +.500 teams, a true title contender?

Phillip
02-22-2011, 04:47 PM
If you wanna play semantics, sure you didn't say "great team defense", but this post implies Dallas has team defense that can limit Miami.

obviously they do, considering they beat them twice (albeit with Butler), and Miami still hasn't been all that impressive against the better teams in the NBA.

of course the playoffs are a different story, but Im not going to sit here and say that Dallas has a 0% chance at beating Miami in a series. for every tough matchup they present, Dallas presents an equally tough matchup for them. Who's guarding Dirk? Ilgauskas? Bosh? How do they plan on handling the Dallas bench? With Chalmers, Jones, and Dampier? GTFO.

Kyle Orton
02-22-2011, 04:48 PM
tbh is a team that is what, 1-5 against the top teams in the NBA in Boston, San Antonio, Dallas, and Los Angeles, and still quite average against +.500 teams, a true title contender?

If you're talking about the Lakers, lol bringing up a team that has a proven track record of winning a title. As your brother already said, Dallas has a proven track record of playoff failure with their great fuckin team defense :cry

Kyle Orton
02-22-2011, 04:50 PM
obviously they do, considering they beat them twice (albeit with Butler), and Miami still hasn't been all that impressive against the better teams in the NBA.

of course the playoffs are a different story, but Im not going to sit here and say that Dallas has a 0% chance at beating Miami in a series. for every tough matchup they present, Dallas presents an equally tough matchup for them. Who's guarding Dirk? Ilgauskas? Bosh? How do they plan on handling the Dallas bench? With Chalmers, Jones, and Dampier? GTFO.

It's proven in the playoffs you can simply double Dirk and then feed off the open bricks Terry/Kidd hulk up.

Phillip
02-22-2011, 04:53 PM
It's proven in the playoffs you can simply double Dirk and then feed off the open bricks Terry/Kidd hulk up.

True. But at the same time, the Dallas offense is MUCH different this year than it has been ever since Nelly has been coaching. There is much more ball-movement, and plays being ran off of Dirk to get other guys open for easier bucket, as opposed to what the offense has been ever since Avery started coaching, which pretty much was to give the ball to Dirk, and create every bit of offense through him, as opposed to good ball movement.

Of course, we still have to wait and see what happens come playoff time. If they keep moving the ball well, then they could find a way to exploit that defensive strategy. If they dont, then they will have some serious troubles.

Kyle Orton
02-22-2011, 04:55 PM
Moving the ball well only does so much. When you're a team that only has 1 halfcourt scoring threat, eventually you run into a good defensive team and your offense will implode at the wrong time.

Phillip
02-22-2011, 04:56 PM
If you're talking about the Lakers, lol bringing up a team that has a proven track record of winning a title. As your brother already said, Dallas has a proven track record of playoff failure with their great fuckin team defense :cry

I was talking about Miami, like we have been talking about the whole time.

The Lakers don't present a matchup problem like Miami, in having two elite wing players. The Mavs can at least always keep either Marion or Stevenson in the game to at least combat Kobe, while always keeping Dirk, Chandler, or Haywood in to combat Gasol.

Phillip
02-22-2011, 04:59 PM
goddamn someone seems awfully obsessed with pointing out every fucking reason why the Mavs are the worst team in NBA fucking history :rolleyes

Dirk Nowitzki
02-22-2011, 05:02 PM
I still don't get this fucking bullshit about wanting an expiring contract to stay flexible and shit. Is Mark Cuban really so retarded that he thinks playing for 2 or 3 years down the road is a good idea?

1. Dirk only has 2 or 3 more years.
2. This may be the only year in the next 5 or 6 where Miami is beatable.

I don't see how it's not painfully fucking obvious that you have to go for it RIGHT NOW.

5 or 6? Try 2 or 3. Wade is less than a year from hitting 30. In 3-4 years Wade will decline dramatically not to mention his injuries will continue. Yeah they will still have Bron, but they won't be able to mask Wade's decline. Miami will be even more beatable as the years go on because Wade's effectiveness will decrease more and more. He relies on driving to the hoop and his athleticism.

On the topic, The Mavs are fucking stupid if they stand pat. This might be the teams best shot, and they have to go balls out. Fuck this retarded bullshit about money issues in the summer. The Mavs are built to win NOW!

Kyle Orton
02-22-2011, 05:11 PM
goddamn someone seems awfully obsessed with pointing out every fucking reason why the Mavs are the worst team in NBA fucking history :rolleyes

no i just enjoy trolling people who have delusions of grandeur about their team. I do the same with Suns fans.

Shank
02-22-2011, 05:12 PM
Everyone is clamoring for the Mavs to make a move, but I'm not seeing the names in consideration.

z0sa
02-22-2011, 05:12 PM

lol butthurt

Kyle Orton
02-22-2011, 05:13 PM
Everyone is clamoring for the Mavs to make a move, but I'm not seeing the names in consideration.

Why would they make a move and fuck up their Celtic-like team defense :cry

Dirk Nowitzki
02-22-2011, 05:15 PM

Stephen Jackson. He is well worth the risk. They can't just stand pat. If Caron was truly going to be back like in a month or so, then I would understand. Clearly that isn't going to happen.

Standing pat when we have a nice expiring who won't even return this season is just retarded. This is pretty much the best chance they have and they need to do something to give themselves the best chance.

Phillip
02-22-2011, 05:17 PM
no i just enjoy trolling people who have delusions of grandeur about their team. I do the same with Suns fans.

neat. except that thinking that the Mavs have a chance at postseason success this year is not dellusional thinking. they are a legit contender, that has weaknesses, just like every other contender. just like all the weaknesses you pointed out as to why they have no chance at a title, I could point out for the Lakers, Celtics, Spurs, and Heat as well.

do the Mavs have a shot? yes. is it a longshot? sure. then again, no team this year has stood out having any less of a longshot either.

perhaps the Lakers are the only exception, because they are the two-time reigning champs, but even then, they clearly just dont look as good as they used to, while other teams have improved. and the Mavs dont really have the matchup problems with the Lakers that most other teams have. They actually have the size and length to combat the Lakers size and length that makes them so tough.

Kyle Orton
02-22-2011, 05:19 PM
neat. except that thinking that the Mavs have a chance at postseason success this year is not dellusional thinking. they are a legit contender, that has weaknesses, just like every other contender. just like all the weaknesses you pointed out as to why they have no chance at a title, I could point out for the Lakers, Celtics, Spurs, and Heat as well.

do the Mavs have a shot? yes. is it a longshot? sure. then again, no team this year has stood out having any less of a longshot either.

According to you they've been a contender every year the last few years. I don't see why you'll suddenly be right this year.

Shank
02-22-2011, 05:19 PM
According to you they've been a contender every year the last few years. I don't see why you'll suddenly be right this year.

Jesus, man. Get off it.

Kyle Orton
02-22-2011, 05:20 PM
Jesus, man. Get off it.

That's telling me.

Phillip
02-22-2011, 05:22 PM

not true. the past two years, Ive felt that they were capable (yet not guaranteed) to make it to the WCF against the Lakers, where they would likely lose, but at least give it a good fight. this is the first year since the 06-07 season where I feel they really have as solid of a chance as any team in the West to make it back to the Finals.

Kyle Orton
02-22-2011, 05:24 PM
Bull fuckin shit. Last year you were on the Mavs championship bandwagon in February when they were rattling off impressive victories against powerhouses like Sacramento.

Ghazi
02-22-2011, 05:45 PM
I think we're true contenders as is. 38-7 w/ Dirk/Tyson is hard to ignore.

However, I think we need to utilize Butler's contract to increase the chances of our boys in blue.

TheNextGen
02-22-2011, 05:47 PM
Dallas is fucking scary if this happens and would probably take down my spurs. I hate Dallas!

MmP
02-22-2011, 05:49 PM
Harris departure was Dallas epic mistake, I still don't get why they did it. It affected the whole team pace. If he returns I'll be pretty scared, he's very tought for most teams with Dirk out there, especially Spurs.

redzero
02-22-2011, 06:48 PM
People've been riding his jock ever since that one play he made against a breaking Reggie and for his minimal(ish) role on an overachieving DET squad in a weak Eastern conference.

That's a lot of jabs for one sentence.

Phillip
02-22-2011, 07:10 PM
well reports have it that Dallas has rejected a trade offer from the Bobcats, to trade Gerald Wallace to the Mavs. no mention yet of who was involved, so its hard to get mad yet. but the good thing is, that at least we now know Wallace is available for the Mavs to get. hopefully it was just a matter of the Bobcats asking for way too much, and the Mavs trying to get them to take less. will be interesting to see how things unfold...

Shank
02-22-2011, 07:11 PM
well reports have it that Dallas has rejected a trade offer from the Bobcats, to trade Gerald Wallace to the Mavs. no mention yet of who was involved, so its hard to get mad yet. but the good thing is, that at least we now know Wallace is available for the Mavs to get. hopefully it was just a matter of the Bobcats asking for way too much, and the Mavs trying to get them to take less. will be interesting to see how things unfold...

I haven't seen that, but if it involved the 'Cats trying to peddle Fat Diaw, the Mavs did well to tell them to fuck off.

Phillip
02-22-2011, 07:12 PM
but it wouldnt shock me if they pretty much were willing to take Butler and fillers for Wallace and Diaw (supposedly they only want to trade Wallace or Jackson if the other team takes Diaw off their hands too), and Donnie just "loves the boys in blue"

if this was the case, i would be pretty pissed.

Phillip
02-22-2011, 07:13 PM
I haven't seen that, but if it involved the 'Cats trying to peddle Fat Diaw, the Mavs did well to tell them to fuck off.

is Diaws contract that bad? I havent gotten a chance to take a look at it yet. if its really horrible, then i can understand it, because they need the money for Chandler. hopefully they can swing something to get Wallace though.

DPG21920
02-22-2011, 07:15 PM
So now Cubes pockets are getting tight? TBH, after the face rape job he did to Dirk in the offseason, he owes it to him to take on money in order to win.

monosylab1k
02-22-2011, 11:25 PM

Why?

monosylab1k
02-22-2011, 11:25 PM
So now Cubes pockets are getting tight? TBH, after the face rape job he did to Dirk in the offseason, he owes it to him to take on money in order to win.

Apparently he's thinking long term when Roddy is the best player and the team is winning 30 games a year. Gotta look forward to that :tu

#41 Shoot Em Up
02-22-2011, 11:27 PM

shut your mouth bitch

lefty
02-22-2011, 11:30 PM
http://a0.twimg.com/profile_images/641970951/twitterProfilePhoto_normal.jpg
STEIN_LINE_HQ (http://twitter.com/#%21/STEIN_LINE_HQ) Marc Stein

RT @espn_macmahon (http://twitter.com/espn_macmahon): Jason Terry doesn't want Devin Harris deal: "Making move now doesn’t make sense." @gac1033 (http://twitter.com/gac1033) Podcast: http://es.pn/fzrlb8

12 minutes ago (http://twitter.com/#%21/STEIN_LINE_HQ/status/40263822765854720) [/URL] (http://twitter.com/#)[URL="http://twitter.com/#"] (http://twitter.com/#)

FkLA
02-22-2011, 11:31 PM
Harris back in a Dallas uniform would just mean less minutes for Isaiah Jr and would still leave a whole at the SF position. I hope this deal goes through tbh.