PDA

View Full Version : A bunch of dime-a-dozen role players for a top 10 player?

Kyle Orton
02-22-2011, 01:31 AM
:lmao saying the Knicks got ripped off

rayjayjohnson
02-22-2011, 01:41 AM
melo isn't a top ten player.

name the 10 best in the league. melo isn't one, hasnt been since the 08-09 season

LnGrrrR
02-22-2011, 01:43 AM
If the Knicks had waited til the offseason, they probably could've grabbed him as a free agent. So from that view, NY gave up a good amount.

Technique
02-22-2011, 01:47 AM
If the Knicks had waited til the offseason, they probably could've grabbed him as a free agent. So from that view, NY gave up a good amount.

Yeah, guess they're going for Chris Paul or Derron Williams.

I actually like those three over Miami big 3

kamikazi_player
02-22-2011, 01:48 AM
:lmao saying the Knicks got ripped off
Hey DOK, nice to see you back.

Oh yeah, I agree that the Knicks still got the better deal. But damn I was hoping they didn't get rid of Gallinari and offered Randolph instead.

Greg Oden
02-22-2011, 01:52 AM

name the 10 best in the league. melo isn't one, hasnt been since the 08-09 season

:lmao you're visibly upset over this deal.

Melo not a top 10 player is up there with ducks' baseball bird rights take.

Kyle Orton
02-22-2011, 01:57 AM
Hi Kamikazi_player. Yes I agree it woulda been nice for them to keep Gallinari (he'd be sick as a guy who could come off the bench and bust 3's). Still, my view is that when you can get a top 10, potential franchise player for a package of role player, you don't take the chance of waiting till the off season, you make the deal ASAP.

JayTheClown
02-22-2011, 02:00 AM

I'm curios, whose the top 10 players in the league?

Cry Havoc
02-22-2011, 02:00 AM
How, exactly, is it a bad deal when Melo was going to walk in 3-4 months anyway?

Kyle Orton
02-22-2011, 02:02 AM
It's a good deal for both teams. I never said it was a bad deal for Denver.

rayjayjohnson
02-22-2011, 02:04 AM
:lmao you're visibly upset over this deal.

Melo not a top 10 player is up there with ducks' baseball bird rights take.

Bitch, I've been wanting that chemistry killing fuck gone for months now. Would I have preferred favors? He'll motherfucking yeah, but I'm glad it's finally over.

Kyle Orton
02-22-2011, 02:05 AM
Bitch, I've been wanting that chemistry killing fuck gone for months now. Would I have preferred favors? He'll motherfucking yeah, but I'm glad it's finally over.

You sound like retarded Suns fans who celebrated when Amare left. Good luck losing the only player Denver has who can consistently produce in the half court :lol

baseline bum
02-22-2011, 02:06 AM
Anthony is an incredible player, but Top 10 is arguable and certainly not obvious.

Clearly better then Carmelo:
James
Howard
Durant
Rose
Griffin
Wade
Williams

Comparable:
Nowitzki
Bryant
Stoudemire
Paul
Gasol

Kyle Orton
02-22-2011, 02:06 AM
Anthony is an incredible player, but Top 10 is arguable and certainly not obvious.

James
Howard
Durant
Rose
Griffin
Wade
Williams

Comparable:
Nowitzki
Bryant
Stoudemire
Paul
Gasol

Griffin :lmao? Deron Williams :lmao?

rayjayjohnson
02-22-2011, 02:07 AM
I'm curios, whose the top 10 players in the league?

Glad you asked.

Bron
Wade
Rose
Kobe
Dirk
Durrant
Amare
Rondo
Dwight
Manu or D Will. Can't decide

Not necesarilly in that order.

Kyle Orton
02-22-2011, 02:07 AM
Glad you asked.

Bron
Wade
Rose
Kobe
Dirk
Durrant
Amare
Rondo
Dwight
Manu

Not necesarilly in that order.

lol Rondo and Manu over Melo. Reach much :lmao

Greg Oden
02-22-2011, 02:08 AM
Manu > Melo

Greg Oden
02-22-2011, 02:10 AM

cool story, NuGGets-FaN. People usually tend to want average role players over a bonafide superstar.

rayjayjohnson
02-22-2011, 02:10 AM
What can melo do? He can shoot, but he still throws up a ton and barely gets half back.

Rondo is a defensive presence and a facilitator, and Manu is clutch (look at how he raped my nuggets this year) and a team leader.

To be top ten in this league you need more than one skill. Melo doesn't have anything to fall back on other than his jumper. He can't defend, he's too immature to lead a team, and he's too hard to coach.

Kyle Orton
02-22-2011, 02:11 AM
Melo has led his team to the conference finals, further than Rondo and Manu have ever led a team.

rayjayjohnson
02-22-2011, 02:12 AM
cool story, NuGGets-FaN. People usually tend to want average role players over a bonafide superstar.

People want a team and not a single player. Denver can get back to playing ball now.

Kyle Orton
02-22-2011, 02:13 AM
People want a team and not a single player. Denver can get back to playing ball now.

rofl you sound literally the exact same as the retarded suns fans i dealt with over the off season claiming that replacing amare with overrated role players was a great move because it "improved chemistry :cry". A bunch of role players, none of which can create anything in the half court, are gonna have a hard time "playing ball".

rayjayjohnson
02-22-2011, 02:14 AM
Melo has led his team to the conference finals, further than Rondo and Manu have ever led a team.

What? Are you that fucking dumb? Last year for the Cs ring a bell? Or any of ose spurs titles Manu played in?

Nick Manning
02-22-2011, 02:15 AM
People want a team and not a single player.

true scrah, Cleveland fans are loving the team concept this year

Kyle Orton
What? Are you that fucking dumb? Last year for the Cs ring a bell? Or any of ose spurs titles Manu played in?

rofl you mean the Spurs titles where Manu was a sidekick to Tim Duncan? Manu didn't lead shit on that team.

Kyle Orton
true scrah, Cleveland fans are loving the team concept this year

:lmao so are Suns fans and Raptors fans

Nick Manning
02-22-2011, 02:16 AM

yeah, Rondo was 3rd or 4th option and Manu was 2nd or 3rd. He said "lead."

rayjayjohnson
02-22-2011, 02:17 AM
rofl you sound literally the exact same as the retarded suns fans i dealt with over the off season claiming that replacing amare with overrated role players was a great move because it "improved chemistry :cry". A bunch of role players, none of which can create anything in the half court, are gonna have a hard time "playing ball".

Wow you're stupid.

Yes, none of them can create in the half court. Not Aaron Afflalo, who probably has the best ball IQ on the team and someone the spurs or bulls would fuck their own mother to have, or Ty Lawson, probably the fasted pg in the league who's spent the past two years learning from a true master of the position. Or Felton for that matter, who was proving his worth in New York.

We're not playoff bound for a year or two, but we ain't Cleveland. And you ain't smart.

rayjayjohnson
02-22-2011, 02:19 AM
yeah, Rondo was 3rd or 4th option and Manu was 2nd or 3rd. He said "lead."

Rondo led the Cs last playlets, without a doubt.

Did you watch him rape Cleveland, or were you too busy fucking your sister?

Kyle Orton
02-22-2011, 02:21 AM
Wow you're stupid.

Yes, none of them can create in the half court. Not Aaron Afflalo, who probably has the best ball IQ on the team and someone the spurs or bulls would fuck their own mother to have, or Ty Lawson, probably the fasted pg in the league who's spent the past two years learning from a true master of the position. Or Felton for that matter, who was proving his worth in New York.

We're not playoff bound for a year or two, but we ain't Cleveland. And you ain't smart.

Afflalo is a role player, his offense is mostly spot up shooting. Do you know what "create in the half court means"?

Lawson is a spark plug who isn't a dependable half court scorer.

Felton wasn't shit before Amare and he'll continue to not be shit without Amare.

Lastly, lol backpedaling. I thought trading Melo would improve their chemistry (:cry) and they'd go back to playing ball (:cry:cry). How is it trading a cancerous presence like Melo takes them outa the playoff race?

Nick Manning
02-22-2011, 02:21 AM
Rondo led the Cs last playlets, without a doubt.

Did you watch him rape Cleveland, or were you too busy fucking your sister?

wtf is that pray tell?

I remember seeing Rondo taking nothing but uncontested jumpers in the Finals, and still missing them

baseline bum
02-22-2011, 02:22 AM
Griffin :lmao? Deron Williams :lmao?

LOL 23/12.5. I guess Carmelo's monster defense puts him over Blake?

Kyle Orton
02-22-2011, 02:22 AM
Tbh thats true. Rondo led his team straight to the tree of woe against LA.

Kyle Orton
02-22-2011, 02:23 AM
LOL 23/12.5. I guess Carmelo's monster defense puts him over Blake?

No, the fact Carmelo isn't a stat whore on a shitty team puts him over Griffin.

jjktkk
02-22-2011, 02:24 AM

Where you expecting a top 10 player in return? Nuggets got the best deal out there.

Kyle Orton
02-22-2011, 02:25 AM
Where you expecting a top 10 player in return? Nuggets got the best deal out there.

Somehow according to rayrayjohnson the Nuggets simultaneously got better AND took themselves outa the playoff race.

rayjayjohnson
02-22-2011, 02:28 AM
Are you actually a nuggets fan? Or is this some American joke I don't understand?

Look, if melo was not actively being a fag Denver would be a great team. I don't understand how he thinks moving to a team with a substantially less capable supporting cast is going to help him win a championship. What I do understand is how much he must love dat Brooklyn cooz

rayjayjohnson
02-22-2011, 02:29 AM
Somehow according to rayrayjohnson the Nuggets simultaneously got better AND took themselves outa the playoff race.

Long term, fuck knuckle. You look desperate trying to twist my words.

Nick Manning
02-22-2011, 02:30 AM

tbh you look desperate trying to rationalize the loss of a superstar

HarlemHeat37
02-22-2011, 02:31 AM
Lebron, Howard, Kobe and Wade are definitely better than him..Durant and Rose are probably better than him..it becomes debatable after that..

You can make a good argument for Nowitzki, Paul and Williams..

Amare, Aldridge and Griffin could be in the mix..if Gasol gets his shit together, he would be there too..

I'd have Carmelo anywhere from 7th to 12th or so, probably closer to the former..

Still, the Nuggets are still losing a star player, very difficult, almost impossible to replace players with that type of talent..

Kyle Orton
02-22-2011, 02:31 AM
I'm a Suns fan, that's why I'm making fun of a Nuggets fan like you saying, "Fuck Melo, I'm fine with him leaving even if it means we're a lottery team." It's just like what the retarded Phoenix fans say about Amare.

Greg Oden
02-22-2011, 02:32 AM
Melo being a fag = him still putting up monster games. Great logic, nuggetfan.

By substantially less talent do you mean taking the Nuggets 2nd best player with him and joining a player in NY who is 10x the player anybody else in Denver is?

Kyle Orton
02-22-2011, 02:32 AM

Good work little boy. If you move the goal posts enough, the ball will eventually go through. When you said, "Now they can get back to playing ball", nothing about that implied it was a comment about their longterm future.

Technique
02-22-2011, 02:33 AM
I'm a Suns fan, that's why I'm making fun of a Nuggets fan like you saying, "Fuck Melo, I'm fine with him leaving even if it means we're a lottery team." It's just like what the retarded Phoenix fans say about Amare.

Yeah except the Nuggets actually got something in return for their franchise player - that was inevitably leaving one way or another.

Nuggets became a worse team in terms of right now, but they sure do have a brighter future than the Suns.

itzsoweezee
Good deal for both teams.

I don't understand the Knicks criticism. It's the NBA, you don't win without superstars. Now they've got two and didn't have to give up much to get them.

It'll be interesting to see if the Nets really follow through and trade for some of the Knicks players the Nuggets just acquired.

One thing I've learned from this, Pohkorov is a pretty damn good businessman. He pretty much forced New York's hand.

Axe Murderer

James
Howard
Durant
Rose
Griffin
Wade
Williams

Comparable:
Nowitzki
Bryant
Stoudemire
Paul
Gasol

Guys I highlighted are worse, imho

The rest of them I think are either better or too close to call

Kyle Orton
02-22-2011, 02:35 AM
Yeah except the Nuggets actually got something in return for their franchise player - that was inevitably leaving one way or another.

Nuggets became a worse team in terms of right now, but they sure do have a brighter future than the Suns.

Both teams are fucked. The Nuggets group of young role players is better than the Suns' group of misfit role players so yeah their future is better, however building around role players only gets you so far, and neither team has a player you can build around.

rayjayjohnson
02-22-2011, 02:36 AM
Have you read any of my comments re. Melo this season? Clearly you haven't.

He's been mailing it in all year. If he had signed the extension and played like he meant it, like he has in the past, not doubt he's top ten. But he hasn't at all this year, he's wanted out and his poisoned the team.

We might be lottery, but then again, we might not. Nuggs aren't exactly in a bad position right now.

jjktkk

:lol Must be the altitude in Denver.

Kyle Orton
And tbh the difference is I'm not delusional enough to think my team has any kind of promising future.

Kyle Orton
02-22-2011, 02:38 AM
Have you read any of my comments re. Melo this season? Clearly you haven't.

He's been mailing it in all year. If he had signed the extension and played like he meant it, like he has in the past, not doubt he's top ten. But he hasn't at all this year, he's wanted out and his poisoned the team.

We might be lottery, but then again, we might not. Nuggs aren't exactly in a bad position right now.

Melo mailing it in >>>>> Aaron Afflalo as your top half court scoring threat. I agree it was a good trade for Denver, I just find it funny Nuggets fans are trying to pretend they're glad Melo is getting traded rather than sticking around.

kamikazi_player
02-22-2011, 02:39 AM
Both teams are fucked. The Nuggets group of young role players is better than the Suns' group of misfit role players so yeah their future is better, however building around role players only gets you so far, and neither team has a player you can build around.
I wouldn't say that about the Nuggets. They would have to pray that Gallinari is the 2nd coming of Dirk Nowitzki and only then they would be contenders again. They still have a decent PG in Lawson they can build upon and who knows? Lawson might be a good/great PG in the league someday. Only time will tell at this point.

rayjayjohnson
02-22-2011, 02:39 AM
I think you really have to take into account how a player is playing now. A player can be a beast for years like Duncan, yet be pretty ineffective right now. Would anyone trade for Duncan right now?

Melo has had an average year. At best.

Axe Murderer
02-22-2011, 02:40 AM
tbh I think rayjay is just happy that the inevitable finally happened and that the team can finally play distraction-free.

Still no doubt that the Nuggets will be a bottom feeder for awhile though

rayjayjohnson
02-22-2011, 02:41 AM
Melo mailing it in >>>>> Aaron Afflalo as your top half court scoring threat. I agree it was a good trade for Denver, I just find it funny Nuggets fans are trying to pretend they're glad Melo is getting traded rather than sticking around.

In the state he's been in, pretty much a petulant little child, would you want to hang on to him?

Axe Murderer
02-22-2011, 02:48 AM
Like Orton said, you need a superstar to build around, period.

That's why the Knicks had to give up whatever it took outside of Stoudemire to get this deal done.

There's a reason why all those teams with "good young talent and a bright future" never live up to those expectations.

That's why teams like the Grizzlies, Hawks, Pacers, Kings, Bobcats who have all these young B/B+ type players never amount to anything.

And yet you have a team like the Heat who throw a few superstars together then fill the rest of the roster with guys off the street, are instantly contenders.

That's what will probably happen to the Nuggets. They have all these guys with "bright futures" that will never amount to any team success without a superstar. They will go down the same road as all the teams I just listed

i MAke GOod POlls
02-22-2011, 02:50 AM
MP, droppin the hammer

Kyle Orton
02-22-2011, 02:52 AM
Like Orton said, you need a superstar to build around, period.

That's why the Knicks had to give up whatever it took outside of Stoudemire to get this deal done.

There's a reason why all those teams with "good young talent and a bright future" never live up to those expectations.

That's why teams like the Grizzlies, Hawks, Pacers, Kings, Bobcats who have all these young B/B+ type players never amount to anything.

And yet you have a team like the Heat who throw a few superstars together then fill the rest of the roster with guys off the street, are instantly contenders.

That's what will probably happen to the Nuggets. They have all these guys with "bright futures" that will never amount to any team success without a superstar. They will go down the same road as all the teams I just listed

The goods, per usual, tbh, fwiw, IMO, you sold out a person you had real life interactions with, luck_the_fakers, I hate ugly babies, for the kids, Jeff, America/eatin' lunch, etc.

rayjayjohnson
02-22-2011, 02:53 AM
this. it was just something that had to be done. saying melo isn't a top 10 player is taking it a bit far though.

This year, I honestly dont think he has been

baseline bum
02-22-2011, 02:59 AM
Guys I highlighted are worse, imho

The rest of them I think are either better or too close to call

Griffen being an elite rebounder is big IMO. There's nothing worse than a team playing defense for 24 seconds and then giving up an easy put-back. Carmelo is about as versatile a player as there is in the league on offense though, so I can understand it.

jjktkk
02-22-2011, 03:17 AM
whats so different about 25/7.6/2.8 from the other years? your team is about to suffer without him. rebuilding time

Rebuilding, but Denver has a nice group of young players at least. Alot better situation than Cleveland.

Venti Quattro
02-22-2011, 03:18 AM
I won't say they got blatantly ripped, but it's a pretty good deal for Denver imo

Darrin
02-22-2011, 07:05 AM
PG: Chauncey Billups (16.5 ppg, 5.3 apg, 2.5 rpg, 1.0 spg)
SG: Landry Fields (10.1 ppg, 7.1 rpg, 2.0 apg, and 1.1 spg)
SF: Carmelo Anthony (25.2 ppg, 7.6 rpg, 2.8 apg)
PF: Amar'e Stoudemire (26.1 ppg, 8.6 rpg, and 2.7 apg)
C: Ronny Turiaf (4.7 ppg, 3.4 rpg, and 1.6 apg)

5: Toney Douglas (9.1 ppg, 2.9 rpg, 2.2 apg, and 1.2 spg)
6: Corey Brewer (8.6 ppg, 2.7 rpg, 1.4 apg, and 1.6 spg)
7: Shawne Williams (6.4 ppg, 3.4 rpg)
8: Shelden Williams (4.7 ppg, 5.3 rpg)
9: Bill Walker (4.5 ppg, 1.7 rpg)
10: Renaldo Balkman (back to Knicks) (2.6 ppg, .8 rpg, .4 apg)