PDA

View Full Version : Landry to NOLA for Thornton and Andersen

lefty
02-22-2011, 10:29 PM
http://a0.twimg.com/profile_images/641970951/twitterProfilePhoto_normal.jpg
STEIN_LINE_HQ (http://twitter.com/#%21/STEIN_LINE_HQ) Marc Stein

Deal scheduled to be finalized tomorrow but discussions as of tonight had Landry -- held out of SAC's game at MIA -- for Thornton/Andersen

4 minutes ago (http://twitter.com/#%21/STEIN_LINE_HQ/status/40250673215836160) [/URL] (http://twitter.com/#)

http://a0.twimg.com/profile_images/641970951/twitterProfilePhoto_normal.jpg
STEIN_LINE_HQ (http://twitter.com/#) Marc Stein

Sacramento and New Orleans closing in on deal that would send Carl Landry to Hornets for Marcus Thornton and David Andersen

8 minutes ago (http://twitter.com/#%21/STEIN_LINE_HQ/status/40249608760340480) (http://twitter.com/#)[URL="http://twitter.com/#"] (http://twitter.com/#)

redzero
02-22-2011, 10:51 PM
There goes the Hornets' wing scoring.

fevertrees
02-22-2011, 10:53 PM
There goes the Hornets' wing scoring.

All 10 minutes of a game considering Thornton was already on the way out at the start of the season....

Kyle Orton
02-22-2011, 10:55 PM
:lol I remember when Hornets78 told me Marcus Thornton was going to always be better than James Harden. So much for that.....lol fluke rookie year.

NBA Champs
02-22-2011, 10:55 PM
I'm excited about the pick-up. MT5 didn't fit our system and we finally got the big man we wanted to back-up West. I don't think we're done either...could be adding a SG too..

Killakobe81
02-22-2011, 11:03 PM
Thorton can score but strange fit in Sacto ...Evans is no real PG so he will be a scorer off the bench along with Francisco Garcia ...I dont know dont get it unless Sacto making other deals ...

Landry is a nice pickup ...he always gives the Lakers trouble ....

redzero
02-22-2011, 11:25 PM
:lol I remember when Hornets78 told me Marcus Thornton was going to always be better than James Harden. So much for that.....lol fluke rookie year.

You have absolutely no idea what you are talking about. The only change now is that Thornton wasn't getting minutes.

Kyle Orton
02-22-2011, 11:27 PM
You have absolutely no idea what you are talking about. The only change now is that Thornton wasn't getting minutes.

rofl so you still think Thornton > Harden :lmao

redzero
02-22-2011, 11:35 PM
rofl so you still think Thornton > Harden :lmao

Do you think Thornton's rookie season is a fluke because Monty Williams wouldn't give him minutes this season? :lmao

NBA Champs
02-22-2011, 11:36 PM
MT5 and cash to Sac for Landry.

Kyle Orton
02-22-2011, 11:37 PM
Yes I do. He got minutes on a shitty team. Now that the Hornets are a playoff team there aren't enough minutes to go around for that scrub. lol being butthurt about a guy your team is trading.

lefty
02-22-2011, 11:38 PM
Uhoh

Will the NBA Hornets trade Landry or West to the Lakers ????

NBA Champs
02-22-2011, 11:42 PM
The Hornets aren't trading Landry nor West. I can see us packaging some expirings for a shooter (Jr Smith) now.

redzero
02-22-2011, 11:44 PM
He got minutes on a shitty team. Now that the Hornets are a playoff team there aren't enough minutes to go around for that scrub.

:lol thinking Marco Belinelli and Willie Green are better than Marcus Thornton.
:lol talking out of your ass because you have no idea why Thornton was traded.

Kyle Orton
02-22-2011, 11:46 PM
:lol being really angry at anyone who states the obvious Harden > Thornton

redzero
02-22-2011, 11:47 PM
:lol thinking I mentioned James Harden anywhere in my post.
:lol no idea what you are talking about.

Kyle Orton
02-22-2011, 11:49 PM
Tbh why does Thornton not get playing time if he's so good?

BRHornet45
02-22-2011, 11:54 PM
sons I haven't been this pissed off in a long time. not happy about this bullshit at all and the Saints cut Shockey today too. Thornton is the only player on the team outside of David West who can score and create his own shot, but Monty Williams has hated his defense from day one. it was only a matter of time.

BRHornet45
02-22-2011, 11:55 PM

because Monty Williams has not liked him from day one. plain and simple. the dude is a scorer and a good one at that.

Darth_Pelican
02-22-2011, 11:58 PM
Thorton was a streaky chucker who had become turnover prone lately. I think anyone would agree that adding a solid backup pf is more important come postseason.

Darth_Pelican
02-22-2011, 11:59 PM
sons I haven't been this pissed off in a long time. not happy about this bullshit at all and the Saints cut Shockey today too. Thornton is the only player on the team outside of David West who can score and create his own shot, but Monty Williams has hated his defense from day one. it was only a matter of time.

BR, Shockey and Thorton were both crowd favorites and it sucks to see them go, but wouldn't you agree that we needed another big man desperately?

NBA Champs
02-23-2011, 12:01 AM
This is a good trade. We got rid of a spare part...a one dimensional part...a duplicate part...for a real need...SIZE.

BRHornet45
Thorton was a streaky chucker who had become turnover prone lately. I think anyone would agree that adding a solid backup pf is more important come postseason.

well son unless Chris Paul starts playing like a legit All Star and not like the true bitch that he has been then there won't be any postseason worth getting excited about. David West can only do so much and he shouldn't be having to carry the offense as much as he has been. Paul needs to grow up, man up, and honor the contract that he signed by playing to his full potential (which he clearly hasn't been doing this season). He needs to realize that just because all of his buddies like Lebron and Melo are getting trading to large markets he still has another year and a half on his deal before he can opt out.

redzero

Because Monty Williams doesn't think he fits on the team. Monty thinks that Thornton is a defensive liability, which is retarded because (a) Willie Green and Marco Belinelli suck at defense just as much and (b) Marco Belinelli provides nothing on offense.

Marcus Thornton was a valuable scoring option that Monty seldom used for stupid reasons. He is far better than those two scrubs. For a team that is terrible offensively, it is retarded that Monty refused to play Thornton.

Please, stop making stupid assumptions.

Darth_Pelican
02-23-2011, 12:02 AM
well son unless Chris Paul starts playing like a legit All Star and not like the true bitch that he has been then there won't be any postseason worth getting excited about. David West can only do so much and he shouldn't be having to carry the offense as much as he has been. Paul needs to grow up, man up, and honor the contract that he signed by playing to his full potential (which he clearly hasn't been doing this season). He needs to realize that just because all of his buddies like Lebron and Melo are getting trading to large markets he still has another year and a half on his deal before he can opt out.

Agree 100% with CP3 needing to step it up. I think the return of Okafur will motivate him more, now that everyone is healthy again.

BRHornet45
02-23-2011, 12:03 AM
this is not a goddamn good trade sons ... do you realize that last season we had TWO rookies who made the All-NBA Rookie 1st and 2nd teams and now in less than a year both of them have been traded? I was never a big Collison fan, but now that the Hornets have traded Thornton as well there is nothing good to come of this. 2 thumbs down

Killakobe81

Dude can score ...his defense may suck but guy can put it in the hole ...

ElNono
well son unless Chris Paul starts playing like a legit All Star and not like the true bitch that he has been then there won't be any postseason worth getting excited about.

CP3 played very well in the ASG...

:lmao

DJ Mbenga
02-23-2011, 12:05 AM

son, defense is what has you competing and beating teams like the spurs. plus getting rid of a white big like anderson for a landry its a win win.

Kyle Orton
02-23-2011, 12:06 AM
Because Monty Williams doesn't think he fits on the team. Monty thinks that Thornton is a defensive liability, which is retarded because (a) Willie Green and Marco Belinelli suck at defense just as much and (b) Marco Belinelli provides nothing on offense.

Marcus Thornton was a valuable scoring option that Monty seldom used for stupid reasons. He is far better than those two scrubs. For a team that is terrible offensively, it is retarded that Monty refused to play Thornton.

Please, stop making stupid assumptions.

Tbh they should fire Monty Williams and hire you.

DPG21920
02-23-2011, 12:08 AM
There is no question: Blair > Thornton.

Thornton is solid, but lmao at Hornet fan saying he was better than Blair.

BRHornet45
02-23-2011, 12:09 AM
sons Carl Landry is nothing more than just another overrated "big man" who doesn't take pride in his rebounding. LOL a 6'9 "big" who has never averaged more than 5 rebounds per game in his career! pathetic

BRHornet45
02-23-2011, 12:10 AM
There is no question: Blair > Thornton.

Thornton is solid, but lmao at Hornet fan saying he was better than Blair.

bitch please Thornton > Blair

why the fuck do you dumbasses overrated that fat bitch so much???

DPG21920
02-23-2011, 12:10 AM
That is why Blair is a beast. He murders the glass, is a great passer and shoots very well from the field. Double=Double on the reg now and on a winning team.

redzero
02-23-2011, 12:11 AM
Tbh they should fire Monty Williams and hire you.

I'd be better than anybody who thinks that Willie Green and Marco Belinelli are better players than Marcus Thornton. :lol

DPG21920
02-23-2011, 12:12 AM
bitch please Thornton > Blair

why the fuck do you dumbasses overrated that fat bitch so much???

:lmao again with this dumb sh*t. Post the stats. It is very clear that Blair is better. No argument against it.

BRHornet45
02-23-2011, 12:12 AM
son 8 and 7 is not a double double

DPG21920
02-23-2011, 12:13 AM
son 8 and 7 is not a double double

And 7 PPG is not a good scorer. I said Blair has double doubles on the reg. 6 out of his last nine games.

DPG21920
02-23-2011, 12:14 AM
Over his last 12 games avg a double double. K, thanks.

BRHornet45
02-23-2011, 12:16 AM
And 7 PPG is not a good scorer. I said Blair has double doubles on the reg. 6 out of his last nine games.

LOL Thornton has been basically black listed from playing because of Monty! per 36 (Spur fan favorite) Thornton is putting up nearly 20PPG for his career!

DPG21920
02-23-2011, 12:17 AM
:lmao at PER 36. I posted actual stats from Blair who is playing for the team with the best record dropping double double in less than 36!

Kyle Orton
02-23-2011, 12:18 AM
LOL Thornton has been basically black listed from playing because of Monty! per 36 (Spur fan favorite) Thornton is putting up nearly 20PPG for his career!

per 36 minutes DeFat Blair is averaging double double

let us proceed......

BRHornet45
02-23-2011, 12:20 AM
:lmao at PER 36. I posted actual stats from Blair who is playing for the team with the best record dropping double double in less than 36!

LMAO the hypocrisy!!!

son you're one of the first ignorant Spurs fans to throw out those PER 36 stats whenever talking about Timmy D, but now they don't matter and are not "actual stats" as you said above??? .... Timmy D is a borderline 13 and 9 player right now, yet you always throw out that PER 36 bullshit and use the minutes excuse. Well son Thornton has played limited minutes this season and despite that his PER 36 is still 17PPG.

DPG21920
02-23-2011, 12:22 AM
Blair double double. Thornton traded for 5 rebounds which blair gets in 5 minutes.

ElNono
02-23-2011, 12:22 AM
NO is clearly tanking after realizing they're no better than Phoenix...

Don't worry son, the draft is right around the corner...

BRHornet45
02-23-2011, 12:24 AM
and to think sons I just renewed my season tickets a couple of weeks ago. this trash can of a team doesn't even have an OWNER!!!!

red headed, step child, bastard ass franchise! :(

DPG21920
02-23-2011, 12:26 AM
I like Thornton. You overrate him, but he deserved more minutes. Good scorer, solid 6th man potential.

:lol At keeping DUI Jack.

BRHornet45
02-23-2011, 12:28 AM
and son you overrated that enchilada eating blimp named Blair. pot meet kettle

DPG21920
02-23-2011, 12:32 AM
But my overrating has a lot of double doubles and has double the rebounds than the guy the Hot Pocket was just traded for.

Also, my guy, puts up those numbers and it leads to winning to the tune of the best record in the league.

8FOR!3
02-23-2011, 12:33 AM
Not a bad trade for Sacramento. They have enough quality bigs in Thompson, Cousins, and Dalembert.

BRHornet45
02-23-2011, 12:35 AM
But my overrating has a lot of double doubles and has double the rebounds than the guy the Hot Pocket was just traded for.

Also, my guy, puts up those numbers and it leads to winning to the tune of the best record in the league.

son again you are FALSE!

"your guy" is just another tool in Pop's brilliant "system". understand?

virtually ANY player with slightly above average skill level can be plugged into Pop's system and easily replace Blair, Manu, Duncan, etc. and the Spurs would still have success due to Pop's "system". understand?

NBA Champs
02-23-2011, 12:38 AM
MT5>Blair? Who does more to help their team win? MT5 didn't contribute a whole lot to the Hornets win streaks and overall success this year. We won't miss a beat without him. I will say the addition of Landry will be more noticeable than the subtraction of MT5 and in a good way.

DPG21920
02-23-2011, 12:40 AM
Why are you mad? :lol it's just a friendly convo

Kyle Orton
02-23-2011, 12:41 AM
Why are you mad? :lol it's just a friendly convo

Hornetfan is more sensitive about players on his team than I am about Amare

BRHornet45
02-23-2011, 12:47 AM
well sons I'm still hoping that someone involved fails their physical and this bullshit doesn't go through ... it has happened before with Tyson Chandler and OKC .... all I want is to see Thornton come back for one more game, get his usual 10-15 minutes of playing time, drop about 20 points, then grab his nuts when walking back to the bench and knock Monty the fuck out.

fevertrees
02-23-2011, 12:47 AM
TBH Hornets need to reopen negotiations with Captain West and make sure he doesn't leave in the offseason.

redzero
02-23-2011, 12:50 AM
Hornetfan is more sensitive about players on his team than I am about Amare

You get on Mavs' fans cases for homerism but I can't get on your case for claiming that Thornton is third best shooting guard on the Hornets?

Lefty's understudy
looks like Carl Landried into New Orleans lap.

Pelicans78
That is why Blair is a beast. He murders the glass, is a great passer and shoots very well from the field. Double=Double on the reg now and on a winning team.

And constantly gets abused by David West.

Lefty's understudy
02-23-2011, 12:51 AM
NBA say no Hornets contender this year

BRHornet45
And constantly gets abused by David West.

son so does his hero Timmy D, but he doesn't care. PER 36!!!!

Pelicans78

It's true. Thornton is a way better scorer than Harden. Always will be.

Pelicans78
02-23-2011, 12:55 AM
MT5>Blair? Who does more to help their team win? MT5 didn't contribute a whole lot to the Hornets win streaks and overall success this year. We won't miss a beat without him. I will say the addition of Landry will be more noticeable than the subtraction of MT5 and in a good way.

The winning streak started when Thornton got minutes.

No restriction on this site to pound your ass. You've been fortunate to hide behind HornetsReport restrictions where you post your useless garbage time and time again. You're fair game on this forum.

BRHornet45
02-23-2011, 12:57 AM
lol son HornetsReport will ban you if you dare to disagree with anything the team does. that my friend is why the Hornets organization is 3rd rate. truth is the truth.

Kyle Orton
02-23-2011, 12:58 AM
It's true. Thornton is a way better scorer than Harden. Always will be.

A year ago it was better player, now it's better "scorer".

lol moving the goal posts
lol your take "Suns will be fine without Amare"

NBA Champs
02-23-2011, 12:59 AM
We won't miss a beat with Thornton gone. Thornton fanboys will be ok after the winning continues, winning cures all.

Kai
02-23-2011, 12:59 AM
Isn't Landry expiring? seems weird if they don't plan to re-sign him.

Pelicans78
02-23-2011, 01:00 AM
A year ago it was better player, now it's better "scorer".

lol moving the goal posts
lol your take "Suns will be fine without Amare"

He probably is a better player, but didn't get enough minutes under Monty Williams who preferred playing his old friend Willie Green. I've seen enough of Harden and Thornton to confidently say Thornton is a better player.

NBA Champs
02-23-2011, 01:01 AM
Landry will be re-signed. West is a goner this summer and Landry is insurance.

Kyle Orton
02-23-2011, 01:01 AM
I've seen enough of Harden and Thornton to confidently say Thornton is a better player.

Just like you saw enough of the Suns to know they'd be fine without Amare?

Pelicans78
02-23-2011, 01:03 AM
Just like you saw enough of the Suns to know they'd be fine without Amare?

I'll admit I was wrong, even though the Suns are decent. Nash just got too old I guess.

Amare still wasn't worth 20 million a season.

Kai
Landry will be re-signed. West is a goner this summer and Landry is insurance.

That's assuming NO offers him the most money. Who knows with him, he has sucked in SAC but there were plenty of would-be suitors for him when he played in Houston. He's going to be unrestricted since Morey low-balled him his rookie year.

BRHornet45
sons the WNBA season can't start soon enough.

Kyle Orton
02-23-2011, 01:04 AM
I'll admit I was wrong

And you're wrong about this

lol calling the Suns decent. I'm sure when you said they'd be "fine", a .500 lottery team is exactly what you had in mind :lmao

Kyle Orton
02-23-2011, 01:08 AM
Oh and look at the numbers Nash is putting up. Using his age as an excuse for your stupid prediction only makes it look dumber.

Pelicans78
02-23-2011, 01:09 AM
And you're wrong about this

lol calling the Suns decent. I'm sure when you said they'd be "fine", a .500 lottery team is exactly what you had in mind :lmao

Actually yeah it was. No way I expected them to be a top 3 seed.

I'm not wrong about Harden. He isn't that good. A high pick and athletic, but that's it. Can't create his own shot and that's a must for a SG.

Killakobe81
02-23-2011, 01:09 AM
well sons I'm still hoping that someone involved fails their physical and this bullshit doesn't go through ... it has happened before with Tyson Chandler and OKC .... all I want is to see Thornton come back for one more game, get his usual 10-15 minutes of playing time, drop about 20 points, then grab his nuts when walking back to the bench and knock Monty the fuck out.

LOL mad at the world BR? Plus that Kobe pic? just sad BR ...

Pelicans78
02-23-2011, 01:10 AM
Oh and look at the numbers Nash is putting up. Using his age as an excuse for your stupid prediction only makes it look dumber.

I figured the Suns did fine without Amare before. Plus they had the best bench in the league last season.

But I'll admit I was somewhat wrong.

Kyle Orton
02-23-2011, 01:12 AM
Actually yeah it was. No way I expected them to be a top 3 seed.

So the 10 seed in the west that can barely crack .500 is your definition of "fine".......jesus fuck people in the south are retarded

Pelicans78
02-23-2011, 01:14 AM
So the 10 seed in the west that can barely crack .500 is your definition of "fine".......jesus fuck people in the south are retarded

Damn, you just won't let it go, OKie fan.

Kyle Orton
02-23-2011, 01:15 AM
Damn, you just won't let it go

and you won't admit to the high degree of retardedness present in this take:
Phoenix will be fine without Amare. They were good enough to make the WCF a few years ago without him.

Pelicans78
02-23-2011, 01:17 AM
and you won't admit to the high degree of retardedness present in this take:

You still haven't addressed how Harden can't create his own shot.

Kyle Orton
02-23-2011, 01:19 AM
You still haven't addressed how Harden can't create his own shot.

There's no way to prove he can or can't. Of the games I've watched, he gets very little opportunity with the ball in his hands compared to what Thornton got in NOH last year. James Harden in Thornton's role last year easily puts up the numbers Thornton puts up.

redzero
02-23-2011, 01:19 AM
Excuse me, DoK. How can you call others' takes retarded in the very same thread that you posted retarded takes of your own?

Kyle Orton
02-23-2011, 01:20 AM
Excuse me, DoK. How can you call others' takes retarded in the very same thread that you posted retarded takes of your own?

tbh my takes in Marcus Thornton in this thread did a great job getting you pissed (not like that's hard.....lol Chrissy Paul deferring to Jannero Pargo in the 4th quarter of a game 7). Whether or not they're retarded they accomplished their job.

redzero
02-23-2011, 01:24 AM
There's no way to prove he can or can't. Of the games I've watched, he gets very little opportunity with the ball in his hands compared to what Thornton got in NOH last year. James Harden in Thornton's role last year easily puts up the numbers Thornton puts up.

:lol So when Thornton gets enough minutes and shots, it's a fluke, but when Harden gets them, he's just utilizing his potential?

tbh my takes in Marcus Thornton in this thread did a great job getting you pissed (not like that's hard.....lol Chrissy Paul deferring to Jannero Pargo in the 4th quarter of a game 7). Whether or not they're retarded they accomplished their job.

:lmao Every Mavs fan should use this very response when arguing with you. The fact is that you believed what you posted, so falling back on "I was only pretending to be retarded" doesn't work.

Pelicans78
02-23-2011, 01:24 AM

No he doesn't. He doesn't have the kind of skills to do what Thornton did. Thornton can create his own shot much better than Harden.

Also, you kept stating Thornton took off last season after CP3 was injured and I proved you wrong by going through Thornton's game logs. You were clearly wrong.

Kyle Orton
02-23-2011, 01:25 AM
Every Mavs fan should use this very response when arguing with you. The fact is that you believed what you posted, so falling back on "I was only pretending to be retarded" doesn't work.

I wasn't trying/not trying to be retarded. I was simply posting negative about a Hornets player you were high on last year knowing what the response could be. I could care less about how retarded it is.

Kyle Orton
02-23-2011, 01:26 AM
No he doesn't. He doesn't have the kind of skills to do what Thornton did. Thornton can create his own shot much better than Harden.

Also, you kept stating Thornton took off last season after CP3 was injured and I proved you wrong by going through Thornton's game logs. You were clearly wrong.

Thornton didn't do shit prior to CP3's first injury. I wasn't talking about his season long injury, I was talking about his early season injury.

Kyle Orton
02-23-2011, 01:28 AM
:lol So when Thornton gets enough minutes and shots, it's a fluke, but when Harden gets them, he's just utilizing his potential?

Harden, unlike Thornton, knows how to get minutes on a winning team. Thornton's team starts winning, he falls outa the rotation :lol

redzero
02-23-2011, 01:29 AM
I wasn't trying/not trying to be retarded. I was simply posting negative about a Hornets player you were high on last year knowing what the response could be. I couldn't care less about how retarded it is.

You didn't know that I was high on him. You were referring to a discussion you had with Hornets78, not with me. This is just a copout. You don't want to stand by your statements, so you just claim that you were trolling. Would you let somebody get away with saying that the Suns would be better without Amar'e? No, so don't try to claim you weren't serious now.

Pelicans78
02-23-2011, 01:30 AM
Thornton didn't do shit prior to CP3's first injury. I wasn't talking about his season long injury, I was talking about his early season injury.

Thornton or Collison weren't even dressed in those games since Byron Scott wanted to go with the veterans. I told you that last season too. They couldn't play because they weren't dressed. How complicated is that? Scott finally dressed them a few games before the injury which was only in the 10th game of the season. You should pay attention more often.

Lefty's understudy
Marcus was a real Thornton in the Hornets coaching staffs side from what I hear

Lefty's understudy
but OKC's coaches are Harden their backup shooting guard

Kyle Orton
02-23-2011, 01:31 AM
Thornton or Collison weren't even dressed in those games since Byron Scott wanted to go with the veterans. I told you that last season too. They couldn't play because they weren't dressed. How complicated is that? Scott finally dressed them a few games before the injury which was only in the 10th game of the season. You should pay attention more often.

But Thornton didn't start getting major PT till CP3's first injury, right?

Pelicans78
Harden, unlike Thornton, knows how to get minutes on a winning team. Thornton's team starts winning, he falls outa the rotation :lol

Actually it was the opposite. Once Thornton got in the rotation, the team went on a 10 game winning streak. Wrong again.

redzero

And the Hornets struggle to score 90 points against scrub teams.

Oh wait, you were trolling! That makes your stupid takes immune to criticism. :lol

redzero
02-23-2011, 01:32 AM

Thornton (and Collison) didn't get serious playing time until Byron Scott--who refused to play him, just like Monty did--was fired.

Kyle Orton
02-23-2011, 01:32 AM
You didn't know that I was high on him. You were referring to a discussion you had with Hornets78, not with me. This is just a copout. You don't want to stand by your statements, so you just claim that you were trolling. Would you let somebody get away with saying that the Suns would be better without Amar'e? No, so don't try to claim you weren't serious now.

I'll stand by them, I don't care. I never thought my opinions of someone averaging 7 points a game were so important.

Pelicans78
02-23-2011, 01:33 AM

Actually, he got major minutes two games before CP3's injury. Scott had benched Devin Brown and made Thornton the primary backup at SG. Same thing with Collison. He got minutes ahead of Bobby Brown. That happened in the Clippers game which the Hornets won by 30 points. The next game, the Suns blew out the Hornets, Scott got fired, and in the next game CP3 got hurt. Scott had already got Thornton and Collison in the rotation before CP3's first injury. I explained that to you last year.

Kyle Orton
02-23-2011, 01:34 AM
Thornton (and Collison) didn't get serious playing time until Byron Scott--who refused to play him, just like Monty did--was fired.

I wonder why multiple coaches refused to play Thornton.

Kyle Orton
02-23-2011, 01:38 AM
Actually, he got major minutes two games before CP3's injury. Scott had benched Devin Brown and made Thornton the primary backup at SG. Same thing with Collison. He got minutes ahead of Bobby Brown. That happened in the Clippers game which the Hornets won by 30 points. The next game, the Suns blew out the Hornets, Scott got fired, and in the next game CP3 got hurt. Scott had already got Thornton and Collison in the rotation before CP3's first injury. I explained that to you last year.

OK then I was wrong about that. I won't try to come up with some weird definition of the word injury like you did with the word fine to justify it :lol

Pelicans78
02-23-2011, 01:40 AM
OK then I was wrong about that. I won't try to come up with some weird opinion of injury like you did with the word fine to justify it :lol

Besides, I already explained to you last week why my prediction of the Suns was a case of premature evaluation.

Before the season started. I actually had them out of the playoff race.

Kyle Orton
02-23-2011, 01:42 AM
Besides, I already explained to you last week why my prediction of the Suns was a case of retarded evaluation.

fify

redzero
I wonder why multiple coaches refused to play Thornton.

The first coach was fired, so obviously his judgment wasn't that great.

And I already told you why Monty Williams didn't play Thornton.

I'll just make this simple. This is all Per 36 minutes, so the play time won't be a factor:

Player A
14.3 ppg
.413 fg%
2.8 rpg
1.8 apg

Player B
14.1 ppg
.452 fg%
3.7 rpg
1.4 apg

Player C
17.3 ppg
.413 fg%
6.3 rpg
2.1 apg

Who would you rather have?

Kyle Orton
Before the season started. I actually had them out of the playoff race.

:lmao what? In the same off season they went from "fine" to "out of the playoff race"? :lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

Kyle Orton
02-23-2011, 01:43 AM
The first coach was fired, so obviously his judgment wasn't that great.

And I already told you why Monty Williams didn't play Thornton.

I'll just make this simple. This is all Per 36 minutes, so the play time won't be a factor:

Player A
14.3 ppg
.413 fg%
2.8 rpg
1.8 apg

Player B
14.1 ppg
.452 fg%
3.7 rpg
1.4 apg

Player C
17.3 ppg
.413 fg%
6.3 rpg
2.1 apg

Who would you rather have?

Depends on how good each one defends since all of their per 36 minute numbers are similar

Pelicans78
02-23-2011, 01:46 AM
:lmao what? In the same off season they went from "fine" to "out of the playoff race"? :lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

I made the "fine" comment before Amare was gone to the Knicks. However, right before the season started, I looked at the Suns roster and determined their offense was not going to be good enough to fix their awful defense. I made a post where I had ranked the Western Conference teams before the season started and clearly had the Suns out of the top ten.

redzero
02-23-2011, 01:47 AM
Depends on how good each one defends since all of their per 36 minute numbers are similar

All three players are below average defenders. Player A has a Drtg of 108, Player B 107, and Player C is 105.

Now, choose one. If I had the advanced stats for per 36 minutes, I'd post them.

Kyle Orton
02-23-2011, 01:48 AM
I made the "fine" comment before Amare was gone to the Knicks. However, right before the season started, I looked at the Suns roster and determined their offense was not going to be good enough to fix their awful defense. I made a post where I had ranked the Western Conference teams before the season started and clearly had the Suns out of the top ten.

So what you're saying is that I am at fault for having a misinformed opinion about Thornton while you're someone who determines that a team is "fine" without having any idea of what its roster looks like? Hi pot, I'm kettle.

Kyle Orton
02-23-2011, 01:49 AM
All three players are below average defenders. Player A has a Drtg of 108, Player B 107, and Player C is 105.

Now, choose one. If I had the advanced stats for per 36 minutes, I'd post them.

Player B. 45% shooting is far more efficient than the other 2.

TD 21
02-23-2011, 01:53 AM
The Hornets needed a legit third big and Landry certainly fits the bill, but he's not a fit. He's essentially a worse version of West. Undersized, good scorer, not all that athletic, can't protect the rim and his rebounding, a supposed strength, has progressively gotten worse as his career has gone on, to the point where he's now a sub par rebounder.

He now inherits most of Smith's minutes and they'll probably play three bigs, not one of which being a legit 6-10. Granted, Okafor is a better shot blocker/rebounder than Okur, but they're like a smaller version of the Jazz's front lines in recent years. You know, the ones that got destroyed first by the Spurs, then repeatedly by the Lakers, in the playoffs. Only the same two teams the Hornets would have to go through now to come out of the West. I get that they more than likely weren't going to be able to make a move to legitimately challenge those teams, but this isn't going to help them in that regard, either.

And if West re-signs, why would Landry re-sign? He could go to the Pacers and start. So they trade their best wing scorer, Thornton and don't increase their ceiling for this season, all so they could get a player back who's probably not going to re-sign. Pointless trade.

redzero
02-23-2011, 01:57 AM
Player B. 45% shooting is far more efficient than the other 2.

Player B is Willie Green. Player C is Marcus Thornton. Green has a PER of 10.6 and Thornton's is 14.1. Thornton has a better TRB%, AST%, and a better STL%. By advanced statistics, Thornton is clearly the better player--even in a reduced role.

Of course, if I were to compare Thornton's previous season--a season in which he actually got minutes--to the season of the two players who allegedly deserve to play more than he does this season, Thornton's are much better. Thornton's numbers are better when he gets more minutes and they are better he gets fewer minutes. Thornton is clearly a superior player than either of the Hornets' shooting guards. Well, that is if you think a sg on a playoff contender should be unable to hit wide open shots that he literally gets all the time.

Kyle Orton
02-23-2011, 02:02 AM
Player B is Willie Green. Player C is Marcus Thornton. Green has a PER of 10.6 and Thornton's is 14.1. Thornton has a better TRB%, AST%, and a better STL%. By advanced statistics, Thornton is clearly the better player--even in a reduced role.

Of course, if I were to compare Thornton's previous season--a season in which he actually got minutes--to the season of the two players who allegedly deserve to play more than he does this season, Thornton's are much better. Thornton's numbers are better when he gets more minutes and they are better he gets fewer minutes. Thornton is clearly a superior player than either of the Hornets' shooting guards. Well, that is if you think a sg on a playoff contender should be unable to hit wide open shots that he literally gets all the time.

Per 36 minutes, Green averages 14.1 points on 12.6 attempts. Thornton averages 17.3 points on 16.1 attempts. I'd say their numbers are about equal this season. I agree Thornton should play more based off last season, but this season he hasn't outperformed Green.

redzero
02-23-2011, 02:10 AM
Why do you now care about fg%? James Harden shoots .407% for his career, yet according to you, he would put up the same numbers as Thornton did last season if given the minutes.

Last season, Thornton got more touches and had a better fg% than Harden. This season, Willie Green gets more touches and has a better fg% than Thornton. Shouldn't I be able to say that Thornton's numbers would improve if given more touches like you claimed that Harden's would?

Kyle Orton
02-23-2011, 02:13 AM
Why do you now care about fg%? James Harden shoots .407% for his career, yet according to you, he would put up the same numbers as Thornton did last season if given the minutes.

Last season, Thornton got more touches and had a better fg% than Harden. This season, Willie Green gets more touches and has a better fg% than Thornton. Shouldn't I be able to say that Thornton's numbers would improve if given more touches like you claimed that Harden's would?

Yeah actually you could. From what I've watched, both Thornton and Harden both seem like rhythm players who shoot better with more minutes. I was just saying that based on this season alone, Green = Thornton.

redzero
02-23-2011, 02:17 AM
Yeah actually you could. From what I've watched, both Thornton and Harden both seem like rhythm players who shoot better with more minutes. I was just saying that based on this season alone, Green = Thornton.

Why? It can't be because fg%, because you claimed that Thornton was worse than Harden last season (or, at least, you took Thornton's play with a grain of salt because he got more touches), even though Thornton was shooting at a much better percentage. Can't you just take Green's shooting numbers with a grain of salt as well because he got more touches?

Kyle Orton
02-23-2011, 02:17 AM
And my assertion that Harden > Thornton is based mostly off what I watched of Harden in college (and I watched at least 25 of Harden's games in college playing for my school's main rival). In college, Harden was a stud defender who was also great making decisions with the ball in his hand and looked to have a polished offensive game. So far he hasn't really gotten the chance to show whether or not that transferred to the NBA as Scott Brooks has reduced him to mostly spot up shooting on offense.

Kyle Orton
02-23-2011, 02:19 AM
Why? It can't be because fg%, because you claimed that Thornton was worse than Harden last season (or, at least, you took Thornton's play with a grain of salt because he got more touches), even though Thornton was shooting at a much better percentage. Can't you just take Green's shooting numbers with a grain of salt as well because he got more touches?

I never said Harden > Thornton last season, I said that I'd still take Harden as I think he'll become a much better player. Based on last season alone, Thornton > Harden (my last post addresses why I think Harden > Thornton).

redzero
02-23-2011, 02:22 AM
Hmm, because Thornton was put in the same situation this season that Harden was last season, it is now laughable to state that Thornton is better than Harden. That's the position that you have shown in this thread.

Indazone
02-23-2011, 10:28 AM
Landry is going to help a lot. If he can get 20-25 minutes that he had as a Rocket he'll beast. He has a very high efficiency and in the sixth man role excelled. Tyreke Evans does not make anyone around him better. He hogs the ball and doesn't give it up. Of course Landry suffered as a result. With the bigs at Sac-Town, Landry couldn't get playing time as the starter but he's still darn good. He's not going to rebound at a high clip but he will bring toughness and scoring.

Indazone
02-23-2011, 10:30 AM
Losing Thornton hurt but I think this trade helps both teams.

Ari Gold
03-15-2011, 04:20 AM
lol hornets. 42 points

redzero
03-15-2011, 05:13 AM
There's already a thread for Thornton tracking. Try to keep up.