PDA

View Full Version : I hope Duncan doesn't turn into the basketball version of a retired Muhammad Ali

Koolaid_Man
02-23-2011, 08:36 AM
Timmy's had a good career but he's sort of looking like Kwame "Cupcake" Brown out there these days.... Kool will acknowledge Tim's success at his position since he's been in the league.... It's nice and in some ways impressive...However where does he go from here on out...At the ASG I kinda felt sorry for him...he could barely keep up with the fellas out there...even his prior confidence is gone. At one point during the ASG he was clearly following behind Kobe and relying on Kobe to secure the victory...I could see the look in his face...If you were at the game you could see his body language was one of I'm tired. He was walking behind Kobe and following him around and shit...if you watched the game from home you may not have seen that...

Tim may play well tonight..he's rejuvenated after ASG...but when I see him out there I wonder what his next move will be...I mean he came into the league after Kobe, has played in less title games, play-off games, and regular season games...and yet has fallen off at a much faster clip...

Spur fan if the Spurs fail :toast this year have you thought about what the team should do next...Duncan is struggling out there I'd hate to see him turn into a basket version of Muhammad Ali...I really would hate to see it...Duncan is a HOF'er...

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a68/Koolbreezey/ball/KOBE-POP.jpg

ElNono
02-23-2011, 08:59 AM
http://spurstalk.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4990491

Giuseppe
02-23-2011, 09:15 AM
At least Duncan, unlike Ali, can still wipe his own ass.

Muser
02-23-2011, 09:18 AM
I gotta say, that's a nice sig Koolaid.

TheLakaluvaLibrary
02-23-2011, 09:18 AM
Lakaluva instructed me to re-release his statement in this thread:

What up, Kool.

Man, lil homie, it's been one wild ride this year. Kobe got his repeat, and you and I burnt plenty of Spurfan ass after the fact. It was comedy seeing these niggas froth at the mouth over that shit, and you were a big part of bringing that ass pain. I'll never forget how you regulated the board following Game 7. Legendary shit, my nigga.

That said, all good things must come to an end. The NBA forum is moving into a new frontier and the Lakaluva brand has to move along with it to stay hip, contemporary, and on the cutting edge of message board posting. Suffice it to say, I'm trying to build a rocket ship while your ass is still gliding around in a bi-plane. I simply don't see a positive future for the Lakaluva brand if I remained associated with the Koolaid brand, which, if I may be blunt, is stuck in neutral.

So, like Tina had to walk away from Ike in 1975 when their popularity was declining, I gotta walk away from you.

Nothing personal, homie. Just business.

Sincerely,

Lakaluva

Koolaid_Man
02-23-2011, 11:39 AM
I gotta say, that's a nice sig Koolaid.

feel free to copy it if you ever want to get at Heat fan....:lol

spurs_fan_in_exile
02-23-2011, 11:40 AM
I agree. Tim deserves better than the indignity of Will Smith playing him in a biopic. That guy fucking sucks.

cheguevara
02-23-2011, 11:41 AM
damn 3 replies since 8am. We pretty much can label this one another FAILURE

Rummpd
02-23-2011, 11:45 AM
FAIL
Duncan still is a great player and very efficient. As just one example he blocks just about as many a game as Dwight Howard and more on a per 40 basis and his PER is higher than Odom or Bynum but why let the facts stand in the way of disssing unjustly a man who can still bring it and will on the LAL in the playoffs (assuming LAL can get there to the WCF - a big if these days!) He also still is rebounding 9.2 a game and his rebounding rate per 48minutes is higher ANY LAL player.

http://espn.go.com/nba/statistics/player/_/stat/blocks/sort/avgBlocks/year/2011/seasontype/2

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/hollinger/statistics/_/league/west

http://espn.go.com/nba/statistics/player/_/stat/rebounds/sort/avgRebounds/year/2011/seasontype/2

Koolaid_Man
02-23-2011, 11:48 AM
http://spurstalk.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4990491

Laughable.

The NBA forum is at its peak of lameness.

BRHornet starting a new thread every day comparing stars in their prime to Duncan in his twilight years to try to discredit Duncan.
Laker fans with every excuse in the book why the Lakers are losing.
Banned posters back under other user names just to say repeatedly that they don't need/like/want to be on SpursTalk. :wtf
Spurs fans that are so insecure that about small market/ratings/respect that they post non-stop nonsense.
And on and on...

I agree with her assessment on BR he's like a tranny loving knat at a BBQ....Duncan should be given more respect.

I disagree with her assessment on Laker fan...we're just spoiled rich kids. We know the real reason our record isn't as good is because quite simply we're bored. Anytime you go 7 games against Boston in a grueling 7 game series to win it all...there's not much that you will get up for until you're playing in that scenario again. Case in point...both games against Boston we looked like world beaters...1st game at least 1st half anyway...but my point is made. We need a challenge to get our juices flowing...Kori knows this I don't know why she won't come out and just admit it...

I also agree with her assessment on Spur fan being insecure...and rightly so...:lol

ohmwrecker
02-23-2011, 12:10 PM
The clock is ticking. The sands in the hourglass are running through. The leash gets tighter and shorter. The bell tolls. Your time is gonna come.

LnGrrrR
02-23-2011, 12:15 PM
Case in point...both games against Boston we looked like world beaters...1st game at least 1st half anyway...

Seriously, do you listen to yourself speak? Or do you just tone yourself out as you're going on?

Koolaid_Man
02-23-2011, 01:11 PM
Seriously, do you listen to yourself speak? Or do you just tone yourself out as you're going on?

you got a pro'lem with me...sound like you plexing homie...you got beef on yo chest white negro...you want to squab with Kool...I'd hate to have to bend your military arms behind your back...:lol

stop being a bitch...and whining and crying all the gotdam time...u too old for that shit you got a son now...and a test to worry bout...:lol

redzero
02-23-2011, 01:14 PM
I'm confused, what connection is there between Duncan and Ali?

spurs_fan_in_exile
02-23-2011, 01:14 PM
I'm confused, what connection is there between Duncan and Ali?

Lakers fan recognizing the GOAT.

Koolaid_Man
02-23-2011, 01:19 PM

you know I don't beleive that shit right...I'm just pandering to the "Raise The Bar Crowd"...I'm giving you sissies the "Red Meat" you so desire...Start a thread with a nice thread title and beat the fuck out of them when they open to read it...:lol Lookout for me son...Koolaid is 2013 in 2011...

Koolaid_Man
02-23-2011, 01:25 PM

Also Lng bitch...check out my post in the political forum....Wisconsin Governor busted with the crack in his hand...He sold his State workers to the Koch brothers all in a prank call that lasted about 20 minutes...I'm guessing the Governor of Wisconsin went to the same fine educational institution as you did...:lol

Kool is looking at property in Canada...I'm planning my escape route when the shit all goes down...:lol

cornbread
02-23-2011, 01:26 PM

Yep, Laker fan slipped up on this one. Unintentionally showed his true colors. I myself wouldn't call Duncan the Ali of basketball but it says a lot that Laker fan sees him that way.

Koolaid_Man
02-23-2011, 01:29 PM
Yep, Laker fan slipped up on this one. Unintentionally showed his true colors. I myself wouldn't call Duncan the Ali of basketball but it says a lot that Laker fan sees him that way.

you fucking idiots have the perception of a fucking....I can't even complete the dam sentence...you cats just fucking dumb...straight up idiots...

Read the thread title again moron...I swear it's like I'm teaching a class for the adult retards...:lol

Retired being the operative word...Duncan could never be a prime Ali...I hate that I had to actually spell it out for you numnuts...

cornbread
02-23-2011, 01:46 PM
you fucking idiots have the perception of a fucking....I can't even complete the dam sentence...you cats just fucking dumb...straight up idiots...

Read the thread title again moron...I swear it's like I'm teaching a class for the adult retards...:lol

Retired being the operative word...Duncan could never be a prime Ali...I hate that I had to actually spell it out for you numnuts...

lol damage control

ChumpDumper
02-23-2011, 01:50 PM
You have learned nothing.

Cry Havoc
02-23-2011, 04:35 PM
"The concern is not that Kobe played too hard and burned up more precious fuel Sunday night. The concern is that he went so hard after the All-Star MVP nod because he secretly fears it's the only trophy he can win." - Marc Stein

http://espn.go.com/nba/powerrankings

:stirpot:

ElBorracho
02-23-2011, 05:13 PM
Duncan is Duncan.

Bill_Brasky
02-23-2011, 05:17 PM
Kobe = role player at best tbh.....always carried by big men, having D-fish and Horry make all the clutch shots in the playoffs, just there to make some open shots because someone else is drawing all the attention.....pathetic 6-24 game 7, gifted finals MVP.....yawn.

Dex
02-23-2011, 05:18 PM
:wakeup Not worried about it.

If you look at Tim's stats Per 36 Minutes, he is right where he pretty much always has been in in Rebounds, Assists, Steals, and Blocks. His scoring has dipped along with his shot attempts and field goal percentage, but we all know the offense is no longer going through Tim like it used to, so that's to be expected.

If there is one cause for concern, it's that Tim is putting up the second-lowest FG% (.486) of his career at this point of the season (second only to 2005-2006), but knowing Tim has picked up a case of Horryitis these days, I'll give him the pass.

kobe4life
02-23-2011, 05:27 PM
I wouldn't even dare put Tim in the same sentence as Muhammad Ali. Ali is a true champ that took on all comers and didn't lose like Timmy did to rivals such as the great Kobe Bryant. To me Tim is the Evander Holyfield of the NBA in the sense that he's a champion nobody will ever give a shit about when it comes to accomplishments.

jjktkk
02-23-2011, 05:32 PM
I wouldn't even dare put Tim in the same sentence as Muhammad Ali. Ali is a true champ that took on all comers and didn't lose like Timmy did to rivals such as the great Kobe Bryant. To me Tim is the Evander Holyfield of the NBA in the sense that he's a champion nobody will ever give a shit about when it comes to accomplishments.

I bet you thought Muhammad Ali played for the Lakers huh?

spurs_fan_in_exile
02-23-2011, 05:36 PM
I don't know what it is but I think that a better comparison for Kobe would be Oscar De La Hoya.

rayjayjohnson
02-23-2011, 05:38 PM
lol @ spurs fans trying to explain away duncan getting old by saying he's playing less minutes.

douchebags, he's playing less minutes BECAUSE HE'S FUCKING OLD.

rayjayjohnson
02-23-2011, 05:38 PM
I don't know what it is but I think that a better comparison for Kobe would be Oscar De La Hoya.

considering the whole rape thing, i'd go with mike tyson.

jjktkk
02-23-2011, 05:54 PM
lol @ spurs fans trying to explain away duncan getting old by saying he's playing less minutes.

The Colorado school system must be amazing. :lol

Bill_Brasky
02-23-2011, 06:16 PM

Nobody is saying he's not getting old, you retarded fag-fuck.

Koolaid_Man
02-23-2011, 06:36 PM

o my...Let me rephrase...If Duncan isn't careful he's going to become physically what Ali is today...:toast

ManuBalboa
02-23-2011, 06:58 PM
Timmy's had a good career but he's sort of looking like Kwame "Cupcake" Brown out there these days.... Kool will acknowledge Tim's success at his position since he's been in the league.... It's nice and in some ways impressive...However where does he go from here on out...At the ASG I kinda felt sorry for him...he could barely keep up with the fellas out there...even his prior confidence is gone. At one point during the ASG he was clearly following behind Kobe and relying on Kobe to secure the victory...I could see the look in his face...If you were at the game you could see his body language was one of I'm tired. He was walking behind Kobe and following him around and shit...if you watched the game from home you may not have seen that...

Tim may play well tonight..he's rejuvenated after ASG...but when I see him out there I wonder what his next move will be...I mean he came into the league after Kobe, has played in less title games, play-off games, and regular season games...and yet has fallen off at a much faster clip...

Spur fan if the Spurs fail :toast this year have you thought about what the team should do next...Duncan is struggling out there I'd hate to see him turn into a basket version of Muhammad Ali...I really would hate to see it...Duncan is a HOF'er...

http://img808.imageshack.us/img808/5713/berneydidnotread.gif

Koolaid_Man
02-23-2011, 07:05 PM
http://img808.imageshack.us/img808/5713/berneydidnotread.gif

That's Because You Can't...The fact that you have a picture saying that you didn't read is telling...(who made that pic for you) :lol it reminds me of a BBQ stand I went to a few months back. I went to pay and the server asked me to read to him the prices on the list...:lmao

ohmwrecker
02-23-2011, 07:19 PM
o my...Let me rephrase...If Duncan isn't careful he's going to become physically what Ali is today...:toast

Do you realize that the reason you have to keep explaining yourself is because you made a horrible analogy in yet another miserable, failed attempt at humor?

BTW, Muhammad Ali has Parkinson's disease, you stupid fuck.

z0sa
02-23-2011, 07:24 PM
So a retired GOAT?

Of course lakerfan wouldn't want this. Tim ain't gonna be it, either.

OP has frontal lobe issues tbh

Koolaid_Man's mom
02-23-2011, 07:29 PM

Are you and laka still on for that white water rafting date?

ChumpDumper
02-23-2011, 09:11 PM
I wouldn't even dare put Tim in the same sentence as Muhammad Ali. Ali is a true champ that took on all comers and didn't lose like Timmy did to rivals such as the great Kobe Bryant.lol lakerfan thinks Ali was undefeated.

ezau
02-23-2011, 09:15 PM

Wrong comparison. Duncan is just like Lennox Lewis, all substance, all business.

ezau
02-23-2011, 09:16 PM

How's Melo?

HeatTheBestEver
02-23-2011, 09:18 PM
lol @ da hataz! There's only one player these days that could be compared to Ali and that's LBJ. Either him or Wade. they are sooooooo sick together!

kobe4life
04-26-2011, 03:34 PM
Wow looks like Duncan went down harder then Ali. Atleast Ali lost to the champ Larry Holmes but Duncan is getting taken out by Pau's scrub brother.

IronMaxipad
04-26-2011, 04:53 PM
Sugar Ray Robinson >>>>>>>>>>>> Ali