PDA

View Full Version : Devin Harris to Mavs seen as likely

mikeschy55
02-23-2011, 10:00 AM
http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2011/2/23/2009781/devin-harris-mavericks-nba-trade-rumors

mavsfan1000
02-23-2011, 10:05 AM
Wow that is a great deal for us. Not having to give up Beaubois to get Harris. Do it Cuban.

lefty
02-23-2011, 10:06 AM
Fuck

Mavs are gonna kill us

Dirk Nowitzki
02-23-2011, 10:09 AM
This better not be true. The Mavs don't need Devin Harris. :bang:bang

hater
02-23-2011, 10:09 AM
yup. If done this move specifically is designed in case of a Mavs Spurs series and they will try to neutralize Hill as he will have his hands full.

IMO a countermove the Spurs need to do is get a decent big that can bang with Chandler. We have noone that can really bang with him.

Cry Havoc
02-23-2011, 10:13 AM
yup. If done this move specifically is designed in case of a Mavs Spurs series and they will try to neutralize Hill as he will have his hands full.

IMO a countermove the Spurs need to do is get a decent big that can bang with Chandler. We have noone that can really bang with him.

The Spurs and Mavs better worry about getting to the WCF before they start concerning themselves with matchups against each other.

mavsfan1000
02-23-2011, 10:16 AM
This better not be true. The Mavs don't need Devin Harris. :bang:bang
Yawn. Yes they do. Especially at Kidd's and Terry's age. They will need to be replaced soon. Harris might be our best option of our guards. Period. How about starting both Harris and Beaubois. That would be sick.

mikeschy55
02-23-2011, 10:23 AM

This has nothing to do with George Hill.

mavsfan1000
02-23-2011, 10:23 AM
Undersized backcourts suck
Say hello to Harris and Terry who got us past the spurs and suns.

monosylab1k
02-23-2011, 10:26 AM
According to Skin this trade is only interesting to the Mavs cuz it gives them more ammunition in their attempt at getting Chris Paul or Deron Williams this offseason. They're gonna flip Caron's contract for a young PG (Harris), who they hope they can flip in a bigger deal for Paul and/or Deron and/or other available star player.

that actually makes some sense, except it'll be a cold day in hell before we see either of those players with Dallas.

mikeschy55
02-23-2011, 10:27 AM
Devin/Kidd/JJB
Roddy/JET
Peja/Marion
Dirk/Marion
Chandler/Haywood/Mahinmi

or...

Kidd/Roddy/JJB
Devin/JET
etc..

monosylab1k
02-23-2011, 10:29 AM
Devin/Kidd/JJB
Roddy/JET
Peja/Marion
Dirk/Marion
Chandler/Haywood/Mahinmi

or...

Kidd/Roddy/JJB
Devin/JET
etc..

or in Carlisle's mind

Kidd/JJB/Devin
JET/JJB/Devin
Peja/Marion/JJB
Dirk/JJB
Chandler/Haywood/Mahinmi/JJB

Shank
02-23-2011, 10:33 AM
The market is weak.

monosylab1k
02-23-2011, 10:39 AM
How about this

Do the Butler/Dojo/1st for Harris (cuz c'mon, Jones blows and so will whoever we get with the #27 pick in the draft).

THEN

since Miami is looking for a PG or C for Mike Miller, do JJB/Mahinmi/Cardinal for Miller.

Kidd/Harris
Roddy/Jet/Stevenson
Miller/Marion/Peja
Dirk/Marion/Peja
Chandler/Haywood

:tu

Cry Havoc
02-23-2011, 10:45 AM
How about this

Do the Butler/Dojo/1st for Harris (cuz c'mon, Jones blows and so will whoever we get with the #27 pick in the draft).

THEN

since Miami is looking for a PG or C for Mike Miller, do JJB/Mahinmi/Cardinal for Miller.

Kidd/Harris
Roddy/Jet/Stevenson
Miller/Marion/Peja
Dirk/Marion/Peja
Chandler/Haywood

If you could get Miller for that, it might be a great idea.

Although I'd play Stevenson ahead of Jet. Better yet, I'd play Kidd/Roddy/Harris in a 3 guard rotation ahead of playing Terry, and just give him spot minutes.

monosylab1k
02-23-2011, 10:46 AM
Just more creative ways of trying to get by without directly addressing the problem..better than the alternative though

Hey, I'd much rather the Mavs not be retarded and just go after Stephen Jackson, but as we all know, if I were GM of the Mavs we'd be rolling with Kobe and Baron Davis and Gerald Wallace already, winning 75 games a year. So of course they're going to do the opposite of what I think, because they're morons.

mavsfan1000
02-23-2011, 10:47 AM
And got curbstomped by wade
We don't have a guard on our team as it is that can stop Wade. Correction. Forgot about Stevenson but his offense is flat out terrible. We need more of a 2-way player. Might as well use our small balls to make him work on the other side.

Phillip
02-23-2011, 10:48 AM
How about this

THEN

Kidd/Harris
Roddy/Jet/Stevenson
Miller/Marion/Peja
Dirk/Marion/Peja
Chandler/Haywood

That would be nice. If they get Harris, they definitely need to look to trade Barea, which this actually may turn out good, because his value is as high as it gets at this point, considering his great play as of late. I wonder what other SFs aside from Miller (I havent heard anything on him being available, but if he is, that would be a nice pickup) are available at this point that they might be able to get with Barea and others...

monosylab1k
02-23-2011, 10:49 AM
If you could get Miller for that, it might be a great idea.

Although I'd play Stevenson ahead of Jet. Better yet, I'd play Kidd/Roddy/Harris in a 3 guard rotation ahead of playing Terry, and just give him spot minutes.

I'd do that too, but as big a boner as Carlisle has for JJB, it's almost as big for Jet. He'll get a bunch of undeserved minutes no matter what. Our only hope is that there's too much talent to have JET out there in crunch time, where he's become famous for bricking every 3 in existence until Dallas is down 9 with 30 seconds to go, then magically he rediscovers his stroke.

Warlord23
02-23-2011, 10:49 AM
Just get SJax or Gwall instead. If the Mavs go all the way this year, they'll need someone who can guard big swingmen of the Kobe/LeBron/Pierce variety.

Phillip
02-23-2011, 10:50 AM
Actually miller makes no sense with the Peja signing we need defense not a collection of undersized/soft defensively 2's and 3's..that's another step in the wrong direction

Miller isnt that bad defensively. He's not great, but hes a step up from Peja for sure.

But I do agree, I would rather see what other 3s would be available first, but if nothing else, I would definitely take Miller for JJB and fillers.

monosylab1k
02-23-2011, 10:52 AM
Actually miller makes no sense with the Peja signing we need defense not a collection of undersized/soft defensively 2's and 3's..that's another step in the wrong direction

Miller has way more skills than Peja at this point. at this point they're equals shooting the ball (assuming Miller's hand fully heals come playoff time). Probably equals on defense tho Miller at least has a little bit of lateral quickness to him. Miller is an infinitely better passer, he's unselfish almost to a fault. That's why he's failing in Miami, he's more than ready to pass to a teammate, and when that teammate is LeBron or Wade or Bosh, that means he's never getting it back unless it's a last second bailout pass and he has to jack it up immediately or get a 24 second violation.

monosylab1k
02-23-2011, 10:56 AM
Stephen Jackson would solve so many problems, but apparently the Mavs FO (and the db.com shitdicks) think he's just a cancerous volume shooter.

Findog
02-23-2011, 11:00 AM
Stephen Jackson would solve so many problems, but apparently the Mavs FO (and the db.com shitdicks) think he's just a cancerous volume shooter.

His contract is not that bad and he'd be good on a contender.

Phillip
02-23-2011, 11:00 AM
Nobody in the league can "stop" wade you fucking sack of shit, but having a few guys to throw at him and make him work for his points >>>> gimmick ball. Butler was one of those guys who made us tougher defensively and we don't need a step in the opposite direction when finding a replacement. I swear the retarded ass FO and dipshit Cuban dickriders like you who model your way of thinking after theirs piss me the fuck off so bad. If idiots like you didn't support them on idiot ass moves like these then they might actually have to make smart decisions.

I agree that they should have tried to get Wallace or Jackson. But at the same time, I still feel a lot more safe with Harris on the team as opposed to JJB. No more undersized, defensive liability in Barea, as well as a guy who attacks the basket for his points. If they don't get someone like Wallace or Jax, this is the next best thing IMO. I don't see anything better available.

Venti Quattro
02-23-2011, 11:01 AM
Fuck

Mavs are gonna kill us

:lmao :rollin :lmao :rollin :lmao :rollin

mavsfan1000
02-23-2011, 11:02 AM
Nobody in the league can "stop" wade you fucking sack of shit, but having a few guys to throw at him and make him work for his points >>>> gimmick ball. Butler was one of those guys who made us tougher defensively and we don't need a step in the opposite direction when finding a replacement. I swear the retarded ass FO and dipshit Cuban dickriders like you who model your way of thinking after theirs piss me the fuck off so bad. If idiots like you didn't support them on idiot ass moves like these then they might actually have to make smart decisions.
Dude you are starting to piss me off. What the heck is wrong with getting Harris? If we are replacing Barea with Harris we are actually getting bigger. And Butler's defense was pretty bad against Ginobili. Butler is not a 2 guard as proven many times. We got Marion who really is our best 3 but coming off the bench. I think we are fine at the 3. If we could get a 2 guard instead of Harris, that would be ideal. But Kidd is probably better at guarding 2 guards than point guards at this point in his career. Stop acting like an idiot and understand we are basically giving up nothing for Harris.

lefty
02-23-2011, 11:02 AM
:lmao :rollin :lmao :rollin:rollin :lmao
What was so funny?
are you that retarded?

monosylab1k
02-23-2011, 11:04 AM
I agree that they should have tried to get Wallace or Jackson. But at the same time, I still feel a lot more safe with Harris on the team as opposed to JJB. No more undersized, defensive liability in Barea, as well as a guy who attacks the basket for his points. If they don't get someone like Wallace or Jax, this is the next best thing IMO. I don't see anything better available.

Carlisle will still play Barea. That's the problem, unless Cuban forces his hand and trades Barea too.

If Harris comes and Barea doesn't leave, all that means is that Roddy will be the odd man out. And Carlisle has a built-in "he's still getting over his injury" excuse to go with it.

Cry Havoc
02-23-2011, 11:05 AM
lol Nets.

lefty
02-23-2011, 11:06 AM
CROFL Mavs

mavsfan1000
02-23-2011, 11:07 AM
Oh ho ho! You underestimate RC..jjb will still get his minutes at pg, and Harris will take roddys minutes at the 2, you know because RC doesn't like to play hat guy anyway
Well it looks like we blew our opportunity to get Harris. Utah got him. :(

Phillip
looks like Mavs arent getting Harris anyways. So hopefully they just go ahead and pull the trigger on a Gerald Wallace deal.

monosylab1k
LOL not too likely anymore.

mavsfan1000
02-23-2011, 11:11 AM
1. Barea won't be replaced
2. Harris will take roddys minutes at he 2
3. We are giving up something, our only hope of bringing in a real player

Suck an arsenic laced dick
I know you like Roddy as do I but Harris is a more proven player. Roddy under pressure can't be trusted. He still can't handle a full court press. And Harris will take some minutes from Barea to as Harris is more of a point guard unlike Beaubois.

spurs_fan_in_exile
02-23-2011, 11:25 AM

As a late season rental he'd make the Mavs more dangerous. Then turn into a cancerous volume shooter six weeks into next season. Worth it for any team with a dwindling window. Hell, I'd pull the trigger on the deal just for all the fun that happened last time Carlisle was coaching SJax.

JamStone
02-23-2011, 11:31 AM
Now's the time for Dallas to pounce on Utah and get Jason Kidd's successor... Ronnie Price

mavsfan1000
02-23-2011, 11:37 AM
Just say no to Stephen Jackson. I would take Gerald Wallace though.

Phillip
02-23-2011, 11:54 AM
I will say, I'm not sure who I would rather have between SJax and Wallace.

Wallace seems to perfectly fit the Mavs needs, as he provides a strong athletic versatile defender, along with a guy who scores by constantly driving and slashing for easy buckets. He is also still fairly young. However, how much will his skillset benefit the Mavs in crunchtime moments of the playoffs against elite defensive teams? Can he relieve pressure off of Dirk and produce in crunchtime?

Jackson on the other hand is a proven go-to guy in the clutch and can take pressure off Dirk in crunchtime, also has a very versatile skillset on both ends. However he is getting older, and is known to become a black hole at times and can really kill the flow of an offense, although playing with Dirk and Kidd could definitely change that.

Phillip
02-23-2011, 11:56 AM
I think I would rather have Wallace, but if Jackson plays to potential, I think that could damn near guarantee the Mavs a title.

IronMexican
02-23-2011, 11:57 AM
I'd take S-Jax. He can shoot. The Mavs seem to have an influx of that, though.

Phillip
02-23-2011, 01:33 PM
it is hoopsworld, but they are saying that the Mavs now are opening back up to the idea of Steven Jackson... hopefully that is true.

Cuppycake Gumdrop
02-23-2011, 01:39 PM
honestly i sometimes wonder if the team reads what the fans are saying on the messageboards...more than once fans come up with a hypothetical trade that they really like and talk about it all season long, then all the sudden at the trading deadline they're at least entertaining the possibility of that guy.

Doutbful, if those motherfuckers read my posts they'd already have a dynasty.

Gordon Hayward
02-23-2011, 01:44 PM
tbh none of your proposals are for savvy veterans who bring a unique skillset to the table that just can't be replaced by guys of proper size for their position who do things like rebound, get to the rim, or play any defense.

tbh, Proper sentences would do you a world of good.

Budkin
02-23-2011, 01:45 PM
Ugh... I was thrilled when they got rid of Harris. His speed killed us back in 2006 and 2007 and caused fits for TP. This will not be good for the Spurs.

Budkin
02-23-2011, 01:54 PM
crofl read the thread much? harris has been traded to the jazz

Oh I thought this was posted after the Deron trade went down as a follow up trade. I really should read the thread though. :sleep

Shank
02-23-2011, 03:19 PM
Didn't mono once build a Super MavsTeam on the Interweb a couple years back?

Phillip
02-23-2011, 03:24 PM
now rumor has it that Gerald Wallace will be traded to the Blazers, and that the Hawks now are listening to offers for Josh Smith.

Shank
02-23-2011, 03:25 PM
Why would Atlanta be shopping anyone? Aren't they in 5th? Seems like they'd be best served to play it out unless something blows them away.

monosylab1k
02-23-2011, 05:31 PM
Didn't mono once build a Super MavsTeam on the Interweb a couple years back?

I sure has hell damn did! All I did was accept trades that were offered and Mark was stupid enough to turn down.

Mark rejected the following:

-Kobe for Dirk
-Davis/Kaman for Kidd
-Wallace for Howard

I would have done all three. I also would have kept Bass since we obviously would need a PF. Throw in a couple decent deals that Cuban has made (Marion and Chandler) and Roddy, and the team would look like this -

Baron Davis
Kobe Bryant
Gerald Wallace
Brandon Bass
Tyson Chandler

bench:

Shawn Marion
Chris Kaman
Roddy
Terry

That team is a 70 win team imho fwiw.

crc21209
02-23-2011, 06:07 PM
:lol So much for this thread...

Axe Murderer
02-23-2011, 06:41 PM
(your cue to log into donnie nelson and make a cool cant about our savvy vets)

Actually I have nothing to do with this trade. I generally shy away from doing things like adding talent to the roster because I'd rather hold onto players that are seasoned vets and know the "Maverick way".

I'm wary of Caron Butler and Brendan Haywood because they might do crazy things like slash to the basket, dunk the ball, play aggressively, and make their layups. That's not Maverick basketball.

Cuban, Carlisle and I had no knowledge of a trade being made until a few minutes ago. All I can say is that Popeye Jones is a sneaky bastard.

:lmao:lmao:lmao

hater
04-24-2014, 01:36 PM
Fuck

Mavs are gonna kill us

:lmao Devin Harris is a fucking spurskilla allright. Gottam scrub plays like Isiah vs d silver n black. Making Patty Mills his own personal abojgine bitch