PDA

View Full Version : Ford Edge, anyone have one?

CosmicCowboy
02-23-2011, 02:06 PM
Thinking about dumping the Expedition and getting one for the SO...anyone have one? Likes? dislikes?

lefty
02-23-2011, 02:09 PM
It's great!

Get it !!!!!!

Sportcamper
02-23-2011, 03:35 PM
Nothing you don’t already know: The Ford Edge is a mid-size crossover SUV based on the Ford CD3 platform …The platform is shared with Mazda CX-9 crossover, the Ford Fusion, Mercury Milan, and the Lincoln MKZ sedans…The Ford Edge drives like a car & is loaded with gadgetry…Previous Ford Explorer owners who don’t tow or require a real truck are quite happy with the vehicle…

Don’t think you can compare it to an Expedition/ large SUV…

CosmicCowboy
02-23-2011, 04:01 PM
Nothing you don’t already know: The Ford Edge is a mid-size crossover SUV based on the Ford CD3 platform …The platform is shared with Mazda CX-9 crossover, the Ford Fusion, Mercury Milan, and the Lincoln MKZ sedans…The Ford Edge drives like a car & is loaded with gadgetry…Previous Ford Explorer owners who don’t tow or require a real truck are quite happy with the vehicle…

Don’t think you can compare it to an Expedition/ large SUV…

Yeah, it's for the wifes town driving...shes been complaining the Expedition drives like a truck and maybe wants something a little smaller...Personally I like the Expedition but we don't REALLY need a second car that big since I drive a 2500HD truck that can to the towing/off road stuff. I'm in it right, so I don't feel bad about selling it. I bought it for $14,500 (still in warranty) when the $140 oil panic hit in 2008, drove it for almost three years, put 50K miles on it, and trade in book right now is 17K. I'd call that one a win.

I figure if I can get in a 2011 crossover with a 100,000 mile warranty and big dealer incentives for 10K-15K after trade in I should look at it.

clambake
02-23-2011, 04:07 PM
get her a porsche panamera. roomy, fast.

CosmicCowboy
02-23-2011, 04:09 PM
get her a porsche panamera. roomy, fast.

Been there, done that. Already had a 928.

mrsmaalox
02-23-2011, 04:12 PM
Don't have much to add 'cept a friend of mine drives one and loves it. Speaking of dumping Expeditions, I looked at the new Taurus a couple of weeks ago :wow That is a big ass vehicle! But I won't be getting rid of any paid for cars soon---I have a student driver on my hands next month and another one waiting in the wings next year. Hand me downs are good.

clambake
02-23-2011, 04:13 PM
Been there, done that. Already had a 928.

you do realize that the panamera is a 4 door sedan?

Sportcamper
02-23-2011, 04:17 PM
The good news is that there are many NICE crossover /mid size SUV’s to choose from…Buick Enclave probably tops the American line…I am partial to Acura & Infinity from the Japanese line…But I generally end up back at Ford because of my company discount & Ford incentives…Its also nice that Ford dealerships are everywhere…

CosmicCowboy
02-23-2011, 04:24 PM
you do realize that the panamera is a 4 door sedan?

Yeah. just saying I've been there with the 190mph sports cars already. Don't really need it and I'm not trying to impress anyone.

clambake
02-23-2011, 04:26 PM
i don't buy nice cars to impress anyone. you should take a test drive. its the best sedan i've ever driven.

Das Texan
02-23-2011, 05:12 PM
I"ll 'probably' be in the market for one of these things sometime in the next year or so.

Fiancée's mom has an MKZ and loves it. The woman loves it too, but not a chance in hell she is getting that right now.

I told her to look at the Edge and we can go from there :lol

The Reckoning
02-23-2011, 05:25 PM
Yeah. just saying I've been there with the 190mph sports cars already. Don't really need it and I'm not trying to impress anyone.

obviously youre trying to impress us

CosmicCowboy
02-23-2011, 05:30 PM
obviously youre trying to impress us

I'm trying to impress you because I say I don't want another Porsche? Whatever.

The Reckoning
02-23-2011, 05:32 PM
I'm trying to impress you because I say I don't want another Porsche? Whatever.

hyeah.

"my days of driving 200+mph cars are over. i was tired of impressing everyone. i think ill settle for a big truck and an expedition instead - that way ill be super humble about it. ill try not to tell anyone about the cigar boat im pulling behind my truck, though, i painted money signs all over it, so it might be hard to hide :hat."

xellos88330
02-23-2011, 05:44 PM
I want one. Great for my family and it doesn't look too shabby either. Once I am done paying off my current crossover, I am getting one. Edge is hot.

clambake
02-23-2011, 05:46 PM
motorweek says chevy equinox. if your in to that sort of thing.

Cry Havoc
02-23-2011, 06:04 PM
The Edge looks pretty decent, and Ford's been improving in quality lately. But yeah, the Panamera is seriously a ridiculously amazing piece of machinery.

Sisk
02-23-2011, 06:08 PM
hyeah.

"my days of driving 200+mph cars are over. i was tired of impressing everyone. i think ill settle for a big truck and an expedition instead - that way ill be super humble about it. ill try not to tell anyone about the cigar boat im pulling behind my truck, though, i painted money signs all over it, so it might be hard to hide :hat."

:lol

4>0rings
02-23-2011, 06:47 PM
Alright, who the fuck is comparing a Panamera to a 928? What sick delusional racist homo would do something like that?

Mark in Austin
02-23-2011, 09:09 PM
I think the exterior styling is kind of meh but was impressed overall with the one I was in for a week.

CuckingFunt
02-23-2011, 09:12 PM
hyeah.

I chortled.

Sportcamper
02-24-2011, 10:22 AM
Hi all, I am looking to downsize from a full-size SUV to a mid size crossover….Just a car to run errands around town, groceries etc…I have a full size pick up so I don’t need to tow with the new car…The Fords look nice & fit my 30k budget…Anyone here own an Edge or comparable SUV?

You don’t want that! Man up & get a 2011 Porsche Panamera 4…You can pick one up right now for only 82 thousand dollars…It is an amazing machine & will beat the snot out of a Ford Edge…

Niiiice thread jacking...:lol

clambake
02-24-2011, 11:07 AM
Hi all, I am looking to downsize from a full-size SUV to a mid size crossover….Just a car to run errands around town, groceries etc…I have a full size pick up so I don’t need to tow with the new car…The Fords look nice & fit my 30k budget…Anyone here own an Edge or comparable SUV?

You don’t want that! Man up & get a 2011 Porsche Panamera 4…You can pick one up right now for only 82 thousand dollars…It is an amazing machine & will beat the snot out of a Ford Edge…

Niiiice thread jacking...:lol

don't waste your time with that. if your gonna pull the trigger, get the turbo!

DMX7
02-24-2011, 06:24 PM
The cheapest Panamera is 75K.