PDA

View Full Version : shawna forde sentenced to death

rjv
02-23-2011, 03:02 PM
http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/Justice/2011/0223/Arizona-justice-Shawna-Forde-death-sentence-a-rebuke-to-border-vigilantes?cmpid=addthis_facebook&sms_ss=facebook&at_xt=4d655f0fe05e7563%2C0

balli
02-23-2011, 03:12 PM
Per the story's suggestion, it's a shame I'd never heard of Shawna Forde until I read about her just now.

Rot in hell bitch.

TeyshaBlue
02-23-2011, 03:15 PM
Whoa....Forde breaks into the victims house hoping to find drugs to finance her "movement" and blows away a 9 year old girl?

Fucking kill her already.

baseline bum
02-23-2011, 03:20 PM
Per the story's suggestion, it's a shame I'd never heard of Shawna Forde until I read about her just now.

Rot in hell bitch.

/thread

So the characterization of the Minutemen in Machete was actually true? Holy shit. What a cocksucking media we have in this nation to not have this horrible crime all over the news.

George Gervin's Afro
02-23-2011, 03:22 PM
/thread

So the characterization of the Minutemen in Machete was actually true? Holy shit. What a cocksucking media we have in this nation to not have this horrible crime all over the news.

many on the right couldn't haved whored the murdered rancher story any more than they did... but have been completely silent on this case..

interesting

On a side note she should get shot on the face with a shot gun..

Marcus Bryant
02-23-2011, 03:24 PM
Justice appears to have been served.

Spurminator
02-23-2011, 03:26 PM
This is one of those "I disagree with the death penalty, but fuck this person just the same" moments for me.

FromWayDowntown
02-23-2011, 03:28 PM
This is one of those "I disagree with the death penalty, but fuck this person just the same" moments for me.

Me too.

RandomGuy
02-23-2011, 03:40 PM
http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/Justice/2011/0223/Arizona-justice-Shawna-Forde-death-sentence-a-rebuke-to-border-vigilantes?cmpid=addthis_facebook&sms_ss=facebook&at_xt=4d655f0fe05e7563%2C0

The death sentence handed down Tuesday in Tucson is against Shawna Forde, a resident of Washington State who headed the Minutemen American Defense group. She was convicted Feb. 14 of first-degree murder for orchestrating the killings of Brisenia and Raul Junior Flores of Arivaca, Ariz., a small community just north of the Mexican border.

“I think that the nation as a whole sees us as the wild, wild West, that things like that are going to be OK with us,” says Angie Thomas, who sat on the jury. “And they’re not.”

The case has drawn back the curtain to reveal the dark side of the debate raging in Arizona over illegal immigration.

Ms. Thomas and fellow jurors were told during the trial that Ms. Forde and accomplices gained entry to the Flores home with the expectation of finding drugs there, which could be sold to finance Minutemen American Defense's border-control operations. Finding no drugs, the intruders made away with inexpensive jewelry but, prosecutors said, not before fatally shooting young Brisenia and Mr. Flores. Both victims were American citizens born in the US

mrsmaalox
02-23-2011, 03:40 PM
Well it wasn't a white 9 year old.....

RandomGuy
02-23-2011, 03:42 PM
This thread is going on my subscribed list.

To be rubbed in Darrins face the next time he posts something about how dangerous illegal immigrants are.

baseline bum
02-23-2011, 03:43 PM
Damn, I would have figured she was from Oregon and not Washington.

George Gervin's Afro
02-23-2011, 03:46 PM
Well it wasn't a white 9 year old.....

do you actually think they would have whored the story if an illegal immigrant had killed a 9 yr old citizen?

MannyIsGod
02-23-2011, 03:46 PM
damn, i would have figured she was from oregon and not washington.

:lol

George Gervin's Afro
02-23-2011, 03:47 PM
This thread is going on my subscribed list.

To be rubbed in Darrins face the next time he posts something about how dangerous illegal immigrants are.

this is a legal resident so it's all good..
WC should like this story because he wants to shoot illegals as they cross the border..

mrsmaalox
02-23-2011, 03:59 PM
do you actually think they would have whored the story if an illegal immigrant had killed a 9 yr old citizen?
I will edit your quote out of my post.
My comment was based on this quote from the article,

“We have failed leadership: They won’t speak up, they’re silent,” Mr. Galindo says. “To not say that it’s tragic for a child to die – that leaves it as acceptable to continue harming immigrants or Hispanics here in Arizona.”

mrsmaalox
02-23-2011, 04:04 PM
And if anyone is interested in more reading, I've been following this case on The Daily Beast; links to all the articles/inteviews are here

http://www.thedailybeast.com/blogs-and-stories/2011-02-22/shawna-forde-arizona-vigilante-sentenced-to-death/

rjv
02-23-2011, 04:11 PM
here's her spin on the events:

http://www.justiceforshawnaforde.com/

Drachen
02-23-2011, 04:18 PM
I have a question.... would it be safe to assume that AZ has a large hispanic prison population?? I honestly don't know, but I would think that being in the south with a large hispanic population overall that this would be the case.

I ask this question just to cause yall to think..... Maybe the death penalty is not the answer here.

TeyshaBlue
02-23-2011, 04:21 PM
I have a question.... would it be safe to assume that AZ has a large hispanic prison population?? I honestly don't know, but I would think that being in the south with a large hispanic population overall that this would be the case.

I ask this question just to cause yall to think..... Maybe the death penalty is not the answer here.

She killed a 9 year old girl who was begging for her life.

I'm pretty sure the death penalty is an adequate answer.

Viva Las Espuelas
02-23-2011, 04:21 PM
“To not say that it’s tragic for a child to die – that leaves it as acceptable to continue harming immigrants or Hispanics here in Arizona.
That's quite an opinion.

Stringer_Bell
02-23-2011, 04:23 PM
A phantom Mexican walks over the border to kill a rancher, then walks back to Mexico...blasted all over the news for at least a week.

Crazy white people break into a home looking for drugs to finance their anti-immigrant projects, kill two innocent victims...this is the first I hear of it.

I actually don't think she should have gotten death by government. I wish they could dump her in a Mexican prison and let her rot there.

Drachen
02-23-2011, 04:24 PM
She killed a 9 year old girl who was begging for her life.

I'm pretty sure the death penalty is an adequate answer.

I am not sure if you are getting the point of my post. I am NOT being altruistic or merciful here...

DarrinS
02-23-2011, 04:25 PM
Sad story, but sounds like justice was served.

The wiki entry has some interesting information.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murders_of_Raul_and_Brisenia_Flores#Albert_Gaxiola

Just so people know, Minutemen American Defense was her own group.

"Minutemen American Defense is a militant nativist splinter group founded in the late 2000s by Forde after she was expelled from the Minutemen Civil Defense Corps."

TeyshaBlue
02-23-2011, 04:25 PM
I am not sure if you are getting the point of my post. I am NOT being altruistic here...

lolz....just go with me on the death penalty. It'll take years for her to get there meanwhile, she'll have lots of time to make new friends.

TeyshaBlue
02-23-2011, 04:26 PM
lolz....just go with me on the death penalty. It'll take years for her to get there meanwhile, she'll have lots of time to make new friends.

It's a win-win!

DarrinS
02-23-2011, 04:26 PM
A phantom Mexican walks over the border to kill a rancher, then walks back to Mexico...blasted all over the news for at least a week.

Crazy white people break into a home looking for drugs to finance their anti-immigrant projects, kill two innocent victims...this is the first I hear of it.

I actually don't think she should have gotten death by government. I wish they could dump her in a Mexican prison and let her rot there.

Maybe it didn't make news because one of the assailants was hispanic.

Drachen
02-23-2011, 04:27 PM

I hear ya, but death row is far more securely guarded than, say, GP.

TeyshaBlue
02-23-2011, 04:31 PM
:depressedBuzzkill.

baseline bum
02-23-2011, 04:37 PM
I am not sure if you are getting the point of my post. I am NOT being altruistic or merciful here...

I kind of disagree. Sounds good at first, but getting killed without seeing it coming seems like it would be much easier for this stupid cunt. Let her ass count the days down and then watch herself die as the lethal injection paralyzes while she remains conscious for much of it. I generally think a bullet is the better option most times, but you kill a kid, you deserve the cruel execution and not the fast one.

Viva Las Espuelas
02-23-2011, 04:37 PM

:lol and? What exactly is that "saying"? Geez. If that distraughts you then please never watch Nancy Grace. She has stories I've never hear of out the wazzoo about little kids being kidnapped, killed, you name it. And guess what........some are black. Some are white. And some are a little brown.

There's just people out there that are fucked in the head.

rjv
02-23-2011, 04:47 PM
:lol and? What exactly is that "saying"? Geez. If that distraughts you then please never watch Nancy Grace. She has stories I've never hear of out the wazzoo about little kids being kidnapped, killed, you name it. And guess what........some are black. Some are white. And some are a little brown.

but how many of them have a group with which they are affiliated with? was dahmer part of the american coalition for a more cannibalistic society?

jack sommerset
02-23-2011, 04:52 PM
Maybe it didn't make news because one of the assailants was hispanic.

Hard to yell "racist" when that happens.

Stringer_Bell
02-23-2011, 04:55 PM

I stopped watching Nancy Grace because I was no longer able to trust minorities around my kids.

In other news, this: http://www.justiceforshawnaforde.com/faq

http://s3prod.weheartit.netdna-cdn.com/images/6692179/tumblr_lf5yaqwv9D1qa3jido1_500_thumb.jpg?129629718 6

Viva Las Espuelas
02-23-2011, 05:01 PM
but how many of them have a group with which they are affiliated with? was dahmer part of the american coalition for a more cannibalistic society?

I think the Fucked in the Head group is sufficient enough.

rjv
02-23-2011, 05:02 PM
I think the Fucked in the Head group is sufficient enough.

but there was no such group for dahmer- as opposed to the groups that actually are fighting on behalf of forde, all the while continuing to march to the tune of the "illegals are coming" beat in the process.

Viva Las Espuelas
02-23-2011, 05:06 PM
but there was no such group for dahmer- as opposed to the groups that actually are fighting on behalf of forde, all the while continuing to march to the tune of the "illegals are coming" beat in the process.

Ok

DarrinS
02-23-2011, 05:13 PM

It was HER own group.

DarrinS
02-23-2011, 05:14 PM
I stopped watching Nancy Grace because I was no longer able to trust minorities around my kids.

http://s3prod.weheartit.netdna-cdn.com/images/6692179/tumblr_lf5yaqwv9D1qa3jido1_500_thumb.jpg?129629718 6

And her helmet hair is too distracting.

Viva Las Espuelas
02-23-2011, 05:20 PM
It was HER own group.

Oh, come on. Let him have his moment. :lol

rjv
02-23-2011, 05:23 PM
It was HER own group.

the point was not whether or not it was her own group. the point is that she had supporters and followers, even after her crime.

rjv
02-23-2011, 05:29 PM
Oh, come on. Let him have his moment. :lol

i think you've lost your bearings. the subject was broached by your own comments in response to SB's post. this is not some random act of a sociopath. it is a crime that may have been acted under the auspices of patrolling the borders but still one that has strong ties to the tensions along the border and that also has an audience willing to defend forde.

if you find SBs point regarding the inconsistent coverage irrelevant because you want to regard this as more of a random act of violence then perhaps you can catalogue how other random acts of violence have drawn support from communities attached to politically charged movements.

Viva Las Espuelas
02-23-2011, 05:29 PM
Waiting for the Jim Jones troll

rjv
02-23-2011, 05:32 PM
Waiting for the Jim Jones troll

waiting for an intelligent response....

Viva Las Espuelas
02-23-2011, 05:33 PM
i think you've lost your bearings. the subject was broached by your own comments in response to SB's post. this is not some random act of a sociopath. it is a crime that may have been acted under the auspices of patrolling the borders but still one that has strong ties to the tensions along the border and that also has an audience willing to defend forde.

if you find SBs point regarding the inconsistent coverage irrelevant because you want to regard this as more of a random act of violence then perhaps you can catalogue how other random acts of violence have drawn support from communities attached to politically charged movements.

I wasn't and have not spoken about the points of the case itself. I simply commented on the absurdity of what was reported for one case and what the white men kept from the people on this case. If you'd like me to comment on the case itself I can but it seems you got me all figured out. Continue with your moment, please.

Marcus Bryant
02-23-2011, 05:39 PM
"Capital punishment turns the state into a murderer. But imprisonment turns the state into a gay dungeon-master." ~Jesse Jackson

rjv
02-23-2011, 05:45 PM
I wasn't and have not spoken about the points of the case itself. I simply commented on the absurdity of what was reported for one case and what the white men kept from the people on this case. If you'd like me to comment on the case itself I can but it seems you got me all figured out. Continue with your moment, please.

really..

this point is all about saying that kids get killed all the time, of all races and nationalities but that most do not get much attention. but that was just a mere tautology that had nothing to do with SBs post. his point was that cases involving violence along the border (and containing a strong degree of the immigration issue attached to them) have received a great deal of attention and so why did this story get so little?

RandomGuy
02-23-2011, 05:55 PM

:vomit

What a bunch of "blame everybody but myself" B.S.

DarrinS
02-23-2011, 06:59 PM
the point was not whether or not it was her own group. the point is that she had supporters and followers, even after her crime.

it's called, her family

Yonivore
02-23-2011, 07:05 PM
This evil bitch is to the "Minutemen American Defense" as Charles Manson was to the "Manson Family" commune. No relation to any legitimate anti-illegal immigration movement.

That's why it didn't make national news under that narrative...even the media realized they'd start looking like the idiots some of you have become, in here.

I am encouraged that some of the reliable death penalty opponents, in here, can be persuaded that perhaps it is a warranted means of justice.

DarrinS
02-23-2011, 07:12 PM
This evil bitch is to the "Minutemen American Defense" as Charles Manson was to the "Manson Family" commune. No relation to any legitimate anti-illegal immigration movement.

Good analogy.

DarrinS
02-23-2011, 07:13 PM
MSNBC will somehow link this crazy bitch to Palin and/or Tea Party. Will bump this when it happens.

z0sa
02-23-2011, 07:40 PM
This was probably not covered extensively because it is fringe activity by an extremist. The article states as much. An objective person won't let this directly reflect on anything but that group.

Still, what a sad, pathetic person obviously in need of some attention and harboring some real and irrational hatred. And is being a border buccaneer of this type any more moral than jumping said border for a better life?

Nbadan
02-23-2011, 08:42 PM
This was probably not covered extensively because it is fringe activity by an extremist.

Weak

Most of the groups that spend their free time patrolling the border are 'fringe activity by extremists' too.....yet they're covered...

Nbadan
02-23-2011, 08:44 PM
legitimate anti-illegal immigration movement.

Legitimate?

:lol

Stringer_Bell
02-24-2011, 07:06 AM
This was probably not covered extensively because it is fringe activity by an extremist. The article states as much. An objective person won't let this directly reflect on anything but that group.

And yet the Phantom Mexican killing a rancher was covered extensively because it wasn't a fringe activity by an extremist? Because an objective person would allow it to directly reflect Phantom Mexicans? :wow

legitimate anti-illegal immigration movement is legitimate.

Yonivore
02-24-2011, 07:34 AM
And yet the Phantom Mexican killing a rancher was covered extensively because it wasn't a fringe activity by an extremist? Because an objective person would allow it to directly reflect Phantom Mexicans? :wow

legitimate anti-illegal immigration movement is legitimate.
Crimes committed by illegal aliens is not a "fringe activity."

rjv
02-24-2011, 12:48 PM

That's why it didn't make national news under that narrative...even the media realized they'd start looking like the idiots some of you have become, in here.

just to clarify...you are saying that anyone that associates a nutjob (or group of nutjobs) with a whole other group that is on a certain side or idealogy is an idiot, correct ?

Yonivore
02-24-2011, 12:51 PM
just to clarify...you are saying that anyone that associates a nutjob (or group of nutjobs) with a whole other group that is on a certain side or idealogy is an idiot, correct ?
Anyone who associates this murderer with the legitimate organizations, trying to compel the government to secure our borders, is wrong. Yes.

rjv
02-24-2011, 12:57 PM
Anyone who associates this murderer with the legitimate organizations, trying to compel the government to secure our borders, is wrong. Yes.

why, because it is foolish to associate nutjobs with 'legitimate' idealogues ?

Spurminator
02-24-2011, 12:58 PM

Yonivore never does that.

Yonivore
02-24-2011, 01:03 PM
I'm not sure at what you're driving but, yes, it would be wrong-minded to associate what Forde did with other anti-illlegal immigrant organizations.

rjv
02-24-2011, 01:05 PM
I'm not sure at what you're driving but, yes, it would be wrong-minded to associate what Forde did with other anti-illlegal immigrant organizations.

that was not the question. the question is: why, because it is foolish to associate nutjobs with 'legitimate' idealogues ?

there has to be a reason why it would be foolish. are you not able to tell us why ? why would it be wrong minded ?

Yonivore
02-24-2011, 01:18 PM
that was not the question. the question is: why, because it is foolish to associate nutjobs with 'legitimate' idealogues ?

there has to be a reason why it would be foolish. are you not able to tell us why ? why would it be wrong minded ?
Why do you ask? Are you not capable of drawing a conclusion on your own? In this context it is clearly wrong to associate Shawna Forde with any anti-illegal alien organizations outside her own.

Why don't you get to your point?

rjv
02-24-2011, 01:29 PM
Why do you ask? Are you not capable of drawing a conclusion on your own? In this context it is clearly wrong to associate Shawna Forde with any anti-illegal alien organizations outside her own.

Why don't you get to your point?

begging the question: "Begging the question" is a form of logical fallacy in which a statement or claim is assumed to be true without evidence other than the statement or claim itself. When one begs the question, the initial assumption of a statement is treated as already proven without any logic to show why the statement is true in the first place

so, without begging the question, please tell me why it would be wrong to associate forde and her organization with other organizations which claim to be concerned with policing the borders ?

Yonivore
02-24-2011, 01:33 PM
begging the question: "Begging the question" is a form of logical fallacy in which a statement or claim is assumed to be true without evidence other than the statement or claim itself. When one begs the question, the initial assumption of a statement is treated as already proven without any logic to show why the statement is true in the first place

so, without begging the question, please tell me why it would be wrong to associate forde and her organization with other organizations which claim to be concerned with policing the borders ?
Because the two aren't related? I'm not even clear her stated motive for the crime -- to fund her organization -- is anything more than an attempt to make her heinous act seem to be born of a noble effort.

rjv
02-24-2011, 01:46 PM
Because the two aren't related? I'm not even clear her stated motive for the crime -- to fund her organization -- is anything more than an attempt to make her heinous act seem to be born of a noble effort.

that is closer although instead of begging the question you have answered the question with another question and an assumption qualified by uncertainty.

are you trying to state that she never really was about immigration at all ? and that she hides behind a political cause to sate some more base or criminal desire?

if so, then would it be fair to assume that you are indicating that: clearly, a casual observer would be able to make a distinction between such a fanatical act and the otherwise perfectly acceptable protest(s) of a politically affiliated group? (i.e. only a fool or idiot could not make distinctions between obviously fanatical incidents and/or acts and their more legitimate purported causes)

Yonivore
02-24-2011, 01:57 PM
that is closer although instead of begging the question you have answered the question with another question and an assumption qualified by uncertainty.

are you trying to state that she never really was about immigration at all ? and that she hides behind a political cause to sate some more base or criminal desire?

if so, then would it be fair to assume that you are indicating that: clearly, a casual observer would be able to make a distinction between such a fanatical act and the otherwise perfectly acceptable protest(s) of a politically affiliated group? (i.e. only a fool or idiot could not make distinctions between obviously fanatical incidents and/or acts and their more legitimate purported causes)
Remove the question mark from the first sentence of my post, if that helps you. The two are unrelated.

And, there are casual observers then, there are casual observers.

As was evidenced, earlier in this thread, there were some who clearly could not make that distinction.

rjv
02-24-2011, 02:31 PM
Remove the question mark from the first sentence of my post, if that helps you. The two are unrelated.

And, there are casual observers then, there are casual observers.

As was evidenced, earlier in this thread, there were some who clearly could not make that distinction.

i think it would certainly be fair to say that you agree that those who can not make distinctions between fanatics and extremist fringes or factions is foolish or an idiot.

so we can certainly never expect such posts or threads from you.

Yonivore
02-24-2011, 03:06 PM
i think it would certainly be fair to say that you agree that those who can not make distinctions between fanatics and extremist fringes or factions is foolish or an idiot.

Think what you want; why would I care what you expect?

Pauly D
02-24-2011, 03:56 PM
I am encouraged that some of the reliable death penalty opponents, in here, can be persuaded that perhaps it is a warranted means of justice.

Pauly D
02-24-2011, 04:00 PM
lol at rjv trying so damn hard to look smart by posting 50 times only to make the point below

Yonivore needed one of these tbh

http://freewareforblackberry.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/The-Wrap-It-Up-Box.gif

RandomGuy
02-24-2011, 04:23 PM
Crimes committed by illegal aliens is not a "fringe activity."

Right wing hate groups have used crime to fund themselves forever.

It is one of the neo-nazi core principles in one of their touchstone books about fostering a revolution.

It surprises me very little that a right-wing group would seek to fund itself through criminal means.

"fringe" maybe. Surprising, no.

rjv
02-24-2011, 04:44 PM
Think what you want; why would I care what you expect?

why so sensitive ? you certainly would have not have to feel that you belong to this set of fools unless you yourself have ever made assertions matching the aforementioned criteria

say for example:

http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=170159

or

They have nothing to say about the real violence of politics -- almost always perpetrated by the left.

i mean, such assertions associating the fringes with more legitmate factions would just be idiotic, at least to the casual observer that is.

Yonivore
02-24-2011, 05:05 PM
why so sensitive ? you certainly would have not have to feel that you belong to this set of fools unless you yourself have ever made assertions matching the aforementioned criteria

say for example:

http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=170159

or

i mean, such assertions associating the fringes with more legitmate factions would just be idiotic, at least to the casual observer that is.
The vitriol and hatred directed at Palin has come form all corners of the left. And, the SEIU goons that almost killed Gladney and this goon in Wisconsin, who punched a girl, and the Democratic Congressman that called for violence... belong to mainstream leftist union organizations and the Democrat party.

I knew you were headed here and you didn't disappoint. Fail.

rjv
02-24-2011, 05:41 PM
The vitriol and hatred directed at Palin has come form all corners of the left. And, the SEIU goons that almost killed Gladney and this goon in Wisconsin, who punched a girl, and the Democratic Congressman that called for violence... belong to mainstream leftist union organizations and the Democrat party.

I knew you were headed here and you didn't disappoint. Fail.

so as long as you belong to a mainstream group at some point and time then whatever act you commit is reflective of that group as well (or party) ?

and also is vitriol and hate indicative of violence ? would this be an example of vitriol and hate ?

Obama is a low-life scum-sucking asshole.

it would seem then that whatever party that person belongs to is crazy and full of hate !!!