PDA

View Full Version : On prank call, Wis. governor discusses strategy

baseline bum
02-23-2011, 03:36 PM
By RYAN J. FOLEY, Associated Press Ryan J. Foley, Associated Press – 11 mins ago

MADISON, Wis. – On a prank call that quickly spread across the Internet, Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker was duped into discussing his strategy to cripple public employee unions, promising never to give in and joking that he would use a baseball bat in his office to go after political opponents.

... continued (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110223/ap_on_re_us/us_wisconsin_budget_unions)

WBnSv3a6Nh4

Z3a2pYGr7-k

Marcus Bryant
02-23-2011, 03:37 PM
http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=173003

Spurminator
02-23-2011, 03:37 PM
His receptionist is so fucked...

jack sommerset
02-23-2011, 03:38 PM
Left is getting all excited about this non story!

baseline bum
02-23-2011, 03:38 PM
http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=173003

My bad. I make it a point to never open a thread started by Koolaid.

George Gervin's Afro
02-23-2011, 03:41 PM
Left is getting all excited about this non story!

no they aren't you dumbass

jack sommerset
02-23-2011, 03:45 PM
I'm a fag

George Gervin's Afro
02-23-2011, 03:48 PM
the left is going crazy over this

balli
02-23-2011, 03:53 PM
Jackoff projecting again.

George Gervin's Afro
02-23-2011, 04:18 PM
I'm a fag.

I thought I'd save the dummy a response

TeyshaBlue
02-23-2011, 04:24 PM
I thought I'd save the dummy a response

lolz....you're a giver.:lol

DarrinS
02-23-2011, 04:28 PM
Is this "story" so orgasmic that it needs double posting?

jack sommerset
02-23-2011, 04:37 PM
lolz....you're a giver.:lol

No, he is a taker

jack sommerset
02-23-2011, 04:38 PM

the left is going crazy over this

LnGrrrR
02-23-2011, 04:42 PM

I'd say it's at least twice as orgasmic as dishwasher film, so yeah, why not?

baseline bum
02-23-2011, 04:44 PM

Koolaid's threads are normally just like yours, so when I saw his name I didn't look at the title or thread.

George Gervin's Afro
02-23-2011, 05:08 PM
I like calling people fags

DarrinS
02-23-2011, 05:12 PM
I'd say it's at least twice as orgasmic as dishwasher film, so yeah, why not?

Ok, that was pretty good. :lol

By the way, if you have a water softener, you probably never noticed the problem.

lazerelmo
02-23-2011, 06:04 PM
Doesn't really come close to the "I'd like to sell a senate seat" phone call but better than "Hey man, Is your refrigerator running?"

:wakeup

LnGrrrR
02-23-2011, 06:26 PM
Ok, that was pretty good. :lol

By the way, if you have a water softener, you probably never noticed the problem.

:toast I couldn't help myself. :)

DarrinS
02-23-2011, 07:10 PM
By the way, was this prank call legal? Not the prank itself, but recording a telephone conversation without the other's permission. I think that's illegal.

LnGrrrR
02-23-2011, 07:27 PM
By the way, was this prank call legal? Not the prank itself, but recording a telephone conversation without the other's permission. I think that's illegal.

Don't think so.

http://www.rcfp.org/taping/states/wisconsin.html

If the person who records the wire, electronic, or oral communication is a party to the conversation or has obtained prior consent from one party, he may lawfully record and divulge the contents of the communication, unless he does so for the purpose of committing a criminal or tortious act. Wis. Stat. § 968.31.
Under the statute, consent is not required for the taping of a non-electronic communication uttered by a person who does not have a reasonable expectation of privacy in that communication. See definition of “oral communication,” Wis. Stat. § 968.27.
Wisconsin law expressly authorizes civil damages for violations and allows recovery of the greater of actual damages, $100 for each day of violation or $1,000, along with punitive damages, litigation costs, and attorney fees. Wis. Stat. § 968.31.
Recording a communication without consent is criminally punishable by up to six years in prison and/ or a $10,000 fine. Wis. Stat.§ 939.50.

There are 12 states that require two-party consent. WI isn't one of them.

Yonivore
02-23-2011, 07:31 PM
Don't think so.

It'll be interesting to see if this is pursued. The caller misrepresented himself and pretended to be someone else; that may have a bearing.

clambake
02-23-2011, 07:32 PM
It'll be interesting to see if this is pursued. The caller misrepresented himself and pretended to be someone else; that may have a bearing.

i don't think it will have any bearing on the gov's ignorance, do you?

LnGrrrR
02-23-2011, 08:16 PM

Why would that make a difference? I don't think there's a law about misrepresenting yourself over the phone.

Stringer_Bell
02-23-2011, 08:24 PM
Why would that make a difference? I don't think there's a law about misrepresenting yourself over the phone.

Us conservatives don't lie, especially over the telephone. We tell the truth, the whole truth, so help us Dog. And if it ain't against the law to take up the Gov's time by asking questions about Mika Brzezinski's fine ass, then it should be.

ChumpDumper
02-23-2011, 08:35 PM
It'll be interesting to see if this is pursued. The caller misrepresented himself and pretended to be someone else; that may have a bearing.A bearing on what, counselor?

The law that doesn't exist?

Wild Cobra
02-24-2011, 12:50 PM
Don't think so.

Wouldn't it revolve around the definition of "tortious act?" Seems to me that misrepresenting who you are is nefarious enough to make the recording illegal.

The legal dictionary in essence refers to an illegal act. So is misrepresenting who you are legal, or illegal when placing a call. I believe it's illegal in all states. I could be wrong. Anyone know?

Wild Cobra
02-24-2011, 12:52 PM
Now I missed the time index of the so called blunder. Anyone have it? I don't want to listen to the whole thing again. Nothing jumped out at me as to being improper.

Anyone...

LnGrrrR
02-24-2011, 01:30 PM
Wouldn't it revolve around the definition of "tortious act?" Seems to me that misrepresenting who you are is nefarious enough to make the recording illegal.

Why not look for evidence instead of navel-gazing.

The legal dictionary in essence refers to an illegal act. So is misrepresenting who you are legal, or illegal when placing a call. I believe it's illegal in all states. I could be wrong. Anyone know?

If it's illegal, surely you can find it on the internets.

DarrinS
02-24-2011, 01:36 PM
Evidently, it's not illegal in Wisconsin because WI is a "one party" state.

http://blogs.citypages.com/blotter/2011/02/ian_murphy_scott_walker_phone_prank_call.php

Wild Cobra
02-24-2011, 01:49 PM
edit...

Why not look for evidence instead of navel-gazing.
What does Omphaloskepsis have to do with this?

If it's illegal, surely you can find it on the internets.
Not going to bother. Not important enough to me for the time to look it up.

ChumpDumper
02-24-2011, 04:35 PM
Not going to bother. Not important enough to me for the time to look it up. I've got chain emails to read and pass on while I watch TV shows at work.

LnGrrrR
02-24-2011, 05:04 PM
Well, since I did some work, I guess we'll just go with the belief that it WASN'T illegal.

ChumpDumper
02-24-2011, 05:10 PM
Well, since I did some work, I guess we'll just go with the belief that it WASN'T illegal.Also since no one is talking about this guy's getting arrested.

boutons_deux
02-24-2011, 05:24 PM
Madison police chief asks Walker to explain ‘troubling’ comments

Police chief Noble Wray of Madison, Wisconsin on Thursday asked Republican Gov. Scott Walker to explain "very unsettling and troubling" comments made in what he thought was a private phone call.

Police chief Noble Wray of Madison, Wisconsin on Thursday asked Republican Gov. Scott Walker to explain "very unsettling and troubling" comments made in what he thought was a private phone call.

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2011/02/24/madison-police-chief-asks-walker-to-explain-troubling-comments/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+TheRawStory+%28The+Raw+Story% 29

Wild Cobra
02-24-2011, 05:53 PM
I listened to it again, and didn't find anything that sounded unethical. About 15 minutes in, is when (wannabe) Koch brought up plants. walker only said "we thought about that" but never said more. You need to be careful not to say "that's a stupid idea" when you think you're talking to someone like Koch. Someone may have brainstormed the idea, hence the "we," but that cannot be taken as the governor giving it a moment of intent.

The other issue? making the congressmen come in to get their checks? It is legal, and more ethical than refusing to be at work.

boutons_deux
02-24-2011, 05:55 PM
"sounded unethical"

... thanks for inadvertently proving the Walker tactics unethical.

DMX7
02-24-2011, 06:07 PM
walker only said "we thought about that" but never said more. You need to be careful not to say "that's a stupid idea" when you think you're talking to someone like Koch. Someone may have brainstormed the idea, hence the "we," but that cannot be taken as the governor giving it a moment of intent.

You're giving two explanations. Either he and his cronies thought about it or they didn't. If they thought about, then they're corrupt douchebags. If he lied about them thinking about, then he's a proven liar who lies to get what he wants.

Either way, he's an unethical piece of shit.

jack sommerset
02-24-2011, 06:09 PM
Left getting up in arms over this non story/prank. Fun to watch!!

Wild Cobra
02-24-2011, 06:46 PM
You're giving two explanations. Either he and his cronies thought about it or they didn't. If they thought about, then they're corrupt douchebags. If he lied about them thinking about, then he's a proven liar who lies to get what he wants.

Do you always derail a possible explanation without comprehension?

I don't know what the facts are. My point is there is no evidence he planned to do anything unethical. Him confessing to "we talked about it" does not say in what context. They could have said how they could not use such tactics, but not be willing to shoot Koch down on it.

Comprehend? Or are you too content to jump to conclusions, and not reason what other possibilities may be?

Wild Cobra
02-24-2011, 06:47 PM
Left getting up in arms over this non story/prank. Fun to watch!!
The stupidity of the people here constantly amazes me.

DMX7
02-24-2011, 06:50 PM
Him confessing to "we talked about it" does not say in what context. They could have said how they could not use such tactics

You've been goddamn brainwashed. It's unreal.

Wild Cobra
02-24-2011, 06:51 PM
You've been goddamn brainwashed. It's unreal.
LOL...

No, you are.

No matter what a possibility may be, you are stuck on one meaning only.

ElNono
02-24-2011, 08:01 PM
LOL...

No, you are.

No matter what a possibility may be, you are stuck on one meaning only.

And you're not? :rollin

Marcus Bryant
02-24-2011, 08:05 PM
I know you are but what am I?

Yonivore
02-24-2011, 08:38 PM
Yeah, that's not flying with the people of Wisconsin...but, keep repeating it.

Wild Cobra
02-25-2011, 12:22 PM
And you're not? :rollin
Please...

What in hell makes you think that?

I am only pointing out possibilities.

I am only keeping an open mind.

If that means I have only one thought, then.... No, I won''t say how fucking lame that makes you.

How in hell do you libtards change someones obvious open mindedness of possibilities into a single though mindset?