PDA

View Full Version : Will these blockbusters trade impact the spurs season and how ?

Brazil
02-23-2011, 04:12 PM
I was curious to know your opinion on that.

Utah and Denver lost two big names, West competitiveness decreased a bit.

Till the POs impact is limited for us we will only play Denver and Utah once.

Now will the WC eventually be a little bit easier untill dealing with Lakers or Dallas ?

02-23-2011, 04:15 PM
they increase the chances of a first round spurs victory. the spurs will most likely face either memphis, the suns, or a depleted utah or denver team. all good teams to face over the blazers.

Rummpd
02-23-2011, 04:16 PM
I hope the Blazers move up and play the Lakers in the first round!

Brazil
02-23-2011, 04:29 PM
I didn't mention the hornets because I don't know what to think about their move.
If by one hand I'm quite happy to see thornton and his 3 pts shooting capacity out of the equation they added another tall guy in their mix and as Monty is a good coach I'm pretty sure he will integrate him nicely in their rotation.

I do consider this hornet team healthy will be tough to handle.

Brazil
02-23-2011, 04:33 PM
I hope the Blazers move up and play the Lakers in the first round!

especially now they got Wallace !!! :wow

DesignatedT
02-23-2011, 04:38 PM
Means the top 2 seeds will get a pretty weak opponent for the first round. Whoever ends up #3 will still have to end up playing New Orleans or Portland IMO which I don't think will be able to pull an upset or anything but will be a much tougher opponent then a Memphis or Utah without Dwill.

lefty
02-23-2011, 04:40 PM
ZERO impact...

The pre-trades Nuggets and Jazz were no threat to the Spurs or the Lakers anyway

Next.

DJB
02-23-2011, 04:46 PM
No. None of these teams got better. You could argue that the Knicks did, but when all's said and done, they're coached by Mike D'Antoni and that guy ain't gonna take any squad far with his coaching skills.

Run-n'gun doesn't win in the playoffs.

tmtcsc
02-23-2011, 05:05 PM
Nothing's really changed for the Spurs much. It's still a 3 team race in the West and East.

Spurs, Lakers, Mavs

Celtics, Heat, Bulls

gospursgojas
02-23-2011, 05:13 PM
The only trade that seems to peak some interest to me in the WC, is the Wallace trade to Por. Spurs have trouble with teams with plenty of athletic swingmen, which the Blazers now have.

tmtcsc
02-23-2011, 05:28 PM
Did the Wallace trade happen ?

Obstructed_View
02-23-2011, 05:33 PM
I was curious to know your opinion on that.

Utah and Denver lost two big names, West competitiveness decreased a bit.

Till the POs impact is limited for us we will only play Denver and Utah once.

Now will the WC eventually be a little bit easier untill dealing with Lakers or Dallas ?

While the starpower has diminished, I'm not convinced that Utah or Denver are worse for trading these guys away. Williams has put up numbers this season, but they've been one of the worst first quarter teams in the league and needed gigantic runs to come back in games. Denver's got plenty of talent, and got rid of a big locker room headache while freeing up some shots for guys like Nene and JR Smith. They probably aren't even done trading and can trade talent for the right parts to make a better team.

Brazil
02-23-2011, 10:00 PM
While the starpower has diminished, I'm not convinced that Utah or Denver are worse for trading these guys away. Williams has put up numbers this season, but they've been one of the worst first quarter teams in the league and needed gigantic runs to come back in games. Denver's got plenty of talent, and got rid of a big locker room headache while freeing up some shots for guys like Nene and JR Smith. They probably aren't even done trading and can trade talent for the right parts to make a better team.

Both teams lost their starting PGs and it takes time to youg new PGs to handle maybe the toughest position to play in the midle of the year. They can compensate during the RS but in PO the difficulties will increase a lot IMHO

Obstructed_View
02-23-2011, 10:36 PM
That's definitely a concern, but the Jazz were a terrible starting team, and their star point guard was conflicting with the coach. The Nuggets were treading water and choking on too much talent with too little leadership. They both got capable point guards in return. The pieces are there for both teams to improve.