View Full Version : look at these trades

clambake
02-23-2011, 04:21 PM
donnie and mark suck.

dirk should have left.

i hope they get stomped.

rickross
02-23-2011, 04:24 PM
nigga u already stakkked. Wat u want mo? 2 be like da heat? Cmon G there b only one bron.

JayTheClown
02-23-2011, 04:26 PM
Hey Shut the Fuck up:stfu

We take this shit outside when ever your ready:madrun

Gordon Hayward
02-23-2011, 04:26 PM
"If the Mavs just make one more trade it'll put them over the top."

-Mavs fan, circa 2003

rickross
02-23-2011, 04:28 PM
Hey Shut the Fuck up:stfu

We take this shit outside when ever your ready:madrun

nigga are u related 2 dat faggot ray from el nuggets? Cuz u sure sound liek. Jus sayin mayne.

rickross
02-23-2011, 04:29 PM
"If the Mavs just make one more trade it'll put them over the top."

-Mavs fan, circa 2003

young blood here wit da dagga.

JayTheClown
02-23-2011, 04:30 PM
donnie and mark suck.

dirk should have left.

i hope they get stomped.

What did they do that makes you so made?

Phillip
02-23-2011, 04:30 PM
tbh, while it sucks that the mavs keep missing out on these possible trades, fact is, the teams that are making the trades arent really getting any better or becoming any more of a threat to the Mavs. the main 4 teams that the mavs have to worry about (Spurs, Lakers, Celtics, Heat) have stood pat as well.

it would really be nice though if they would just trade Butlers contract (which they are willing to do) and Dominique Jones (which some say they are not very willing to do which baffles me), for Jackson. If their not wanting to trade D-Jones is truly what is holding them up on making these deals as some people are reporting, dammit Dojo better be a motherfucking monster

clambake
02-23-2011, 04:34 PM
tbh, while it sucks that the mavs keep missing out on these possible trades, fact is, the teams that are making the trades arent really getting any better or becoming any more of a threat to the Mavs. the main 4 teams that the mavs have to worry about (Spurs, Lakers, Celtics, Heat) have stood pat as well.

it would really be nice though if they would just trade Butlers contract (which they are willing to do) and Dominique Jones (which some say they are not very willing to do which baffles me), for Jackson. If their not wanting to trade D-Jones is truly what is holding them up on making these deals as some people are reporting, dammit Dojo better be a motherfucking monster

exactly. they're just sitting on what they have, while completely ignoring the fact that guys like barea and jet will shrivel up and die in the playoffs.

poop
02-23-2011, 04:34 PM
the mavs are gay anyways

clambake
02-23-2011, 04:35 PM
tell me.........what chance do these mavs have after this year?

JayTheClown
02-23-2011, 04:37 PM
exactly. they're just sitting on what they have, while completely ignoring the fact that guys like barea and jet will shrivel up and die in the playoffs.

Again, what would you like them to do? Trade for Harris so they can have an overpaid 2nd string PG? Or trade for Wallace and give up on Roddy?

Edit - Damn looking at the Charlotte/Blazers deal maybe the Mavericks could have kept Roddy in Wallace deal. That sucks:depressed

clambake
02-23-2011, 04:39 PM
Again, what would you like them to do? Trade for Harris so they can have an overpaid 2nd string PG? Or trade for Wallace and give up on Roddy?

we don't need a harris type. we need a wallace type.

portland got wallace for nothing.

Gordon Hayward
You have to give up good pieces to get good pieces. You're not going to be gifted someone Gasol-style. So i'm not sure which players you want to give up and which "star" is supposed to be a huge game changer. The Mavs look good right now so there's no reason to start moving players.

JayTheClown
we don't need a harris type. we need a wallace type.

portland got wallace for nothing.

Yeah I just so that
I agree

Phillip
02-23-2011, 04:40 PM
I wonder if O.J. Mayo is available at all? Maybe the Mavs could get him for really cheap. There is no question the guy has talent and scoring ability.

JayTheClown
02-23-2011, 04:42 PM
I wonder if O.J. Mayo is available at all? Maybe the Mavs could get him for really cheap. There is no question the guy has talent and scoring ability.

That would be nice, but I doubt he is available. I mean, I haven't heard anything.

Phillip
02-23-2011, 04:42 PM
You have to give up good pieces to get good pieces. You're not going to be gifted someone Gasol-style. So i'm not sure which players you want to give up and which "star" is supposed to be a huge game changer. The Mavs look good right now so there's no reason to start moving players.

They could have gotten Gerald Wallace for Caron Butler (who isnt playing), Jones (who isnt playing), and a 1st rounder in this upcoming weak draft.

So they would have basically gotten a player without giving anyone of real significance up.

MannyIsGod
02-23-2011, 04:43 PM
Damn Mavs fans want OJ Mayo now?

MannyIsGod
02-23-2011, 04:43 PM
You don't need shit to get players in trades these days. Anyone who thinks otherwise is fucking retarded.

JayTheClown
02-23-2011, 04:45 PM
They could have gotten Gerald Wallace for Caron Butler (who isnt playing), Jones (who isnt playing), and a 1st rounder in this upcoming weak draft.

So they would have basically gotten a player without giving anyone of real significance up.

That 1st round pick is significant. I'm kinda tired of them trading away draft picks, but I wouldn't have been mad at that trade.

Phillip
That would be nice, but I doubt he is available. I mean I haven't heard anything.

Things seem to be awfully quiet around the Mavs HQ though. Isn't this kind of what happened last year with the trade for Butler and Haywood? Everyone was bummed that they didnt pull a trade to get Iggy and Brand, thought that they would stand pat, and out of nowhere they swung that trade (a damn nice one at that). Hopefully they can pull something similar off.

clambake
hell no.

You don't need shit to get players in trades these days. Anyone who thinks otherwise is fucking retarded.

this

Phillip
02-23-2011, 04:47 PM

More like we just want to get a 2/3 with some size and athletic ability to defend guys like Kobe/Wade/Bron, and provide some scoring ability. Steven Jackson is probably the most commonly talked about guy, but I wouldn't mind Mayo at all if they could swing a trade for him.

clambake
02-23-2011, 04:48 PM
More like we just want to get a 2/3 with some size and athletic ability to defend guys like Kobe/Wade/Bron, and provide some scoring ability. Steven Jackson is probably the most commonly talked about guy, but I wouldn't mind Mayo at all if they could swing a trade for him.

donnie and mark would get raped in that trade.

JayTheClown
02-23-2011, 04:49 PM
Things seem to be awfully quiet around the Mavs HQ though. Isn't this kind of what happened last year with the trade for Butler and Haywood? Everyone was bummed that they didnt pull a trade to get Iggy and Brand, thought that they would stand pat, and out of nowhere they swung that trade (a damn nice one at that). Hopefully they can pull something similar off.

Yeah, but this year we don't have a Josh Howard type player the FO is itching to trade away. I mean the only player of value the FO might seem willing to trade is an injured Butler?

rickross
02-23-2011, 04:50 PM
oj mayo < jj tough man juice barea. Neal wit it cuz cuban has already chosen. Blowjob > headcase. End of story.

Phillip
02-23-2011, 04:50 PM
donnie and mark would get raped in that trade.

if they could swing something like Butler + Dojo + cash for Mayo, you wouldn't take it??

clambake
02-23-2011, 04:53 PM
if they could swing something like Butler + Dojo + cash for Mayo, you wouldn't take it??

they're dressed too provocatively to get anything other than raped.

gm's all over the place waiting to use them as a toy.

Phillip
02-23-2011, 04:56 PM
if the Mavs are going to stand pat, they really need to hurry up and figure out how they will manage their starting lineup.

imo, starting Roddy and Peja both is not a good idea. Stevenson or Marion needs to be in the starting lineup. Personally, I would start Stevenson at the 2, and have Roddy off the bench, to give a scoring punch especially when Dirk is out of the game. Stevenson fits well with the starting lineup, providing spacing and defense, while still allowing the offense to be ran through Kidd and Dirk.

rickross
02-23-2011, 04:57 PM

mavs dont needs anotha chucker. Mavs needs a playa who penetrate alot and plays good/great Sjax fits da bill much betta.

mavsfan1000
02-23-2011, 04:59 PM
mavs dont needs anotha chucker. Mavs needs a playa who penetrate alot and plays good/great Sjax fits da bill much betta.
:lol

Phillip
02-23-2011, 05:01 PM
the guy that worries me most in the lineup is Terry. He just doesnt really fit that well. I really hope that Carlisle is willing to yank him quicker as the season goes on if he is shooting like shit. Not a likely scenario though. I'm thinking we are going to have to hope for a year where Terry actually backs up all his shit talking though. Again, not likely.

mavsfan1000
02-23-2011, 05:04 PM
the guy that worries me most in the lineup is Terry. He just doesnt really fit that well. I really hope that Carlisle is willing to yank him quicker as the season goes on if he is shooting like shit. Not a likely scenario though. I'm thinking we are going to have to hope for a year where Terry actually backs up all his shit talking though. Again, not likely.
I think the important thing is to keep him fresh. He is shit when tired.

clambake
02-23-2011, 05:04 PM

i hate that name "jet". makes me wanna puke.....and he can't keep his fucking mouth shut.

duck....he come the bricks.

rickross
02-23-2011, 05:05 PM
:lol

peja wont do da trick alone :lol

Phillip
02-23-2011, 05:09 PM
I think the important thing is to keep him fresh. He is shit when tired.

which is why they need to give away nearly 10 of his minutes to Roddy.

Warlord23
02-23-2011, 05:13 PM
I can understand if the Mavs didn't want to part with both Do-Jo and a 1st rounder. But surely they could've offered one out of the two and got Wallace or Jackson? Portland practically gave up nothing to get Wallace.

Dirk Nowitzki
02-23-2011, 05:21 PM
The Mavs have less than 24 hours to replace Caron or this season goes to waste. I will hold back on ripping the front office and them fucking Dirk over if this is the same situation tomorrow.

Phillip
02-23-2011, 05:26 PM
The Mavs have less than 24 hours to replace Caron or this season goes to waste. I will hold back on ripping the front office and them fucking Dirk over if this is the same situation tomorrow.

Season wont be a waste. Again, people keep forgetting that they have been playing just as good or better than the other elite teams such as San Antonio, LA, Boston, and Miami, and none of those teams have made trades either.

The key right now is to get their lineup figured out. As I said, they NEED to have either Stevenson or Marion in the starting lineup (preferably Stevenson imo) to provide some strong defense right off the bat. He doesnt even need to play for very long in the lineup, just a good 5 minutes to try to keep the opposing SG/SF from getting into an early scoring groove, then bring in Roddy or JET to add some scoring punch and make the opposing scorer have to work on defense.

And along with that, as time passes, Peja and Roddy will be getting into more of a rhythm and be able to provide more scoring punch to put some pressure on the other team, as well as giving Dirk more room to work with to get more easy buckets.

Phillip
02-23-2011, 05:32 PM
whats also funny is that fans of the Celtics, Heat, Lakers, and Spurs are all doing the exact same thing us Mavs fans are doing

"we need to make a move to fix this and that otherwise we are FUCKED and have NO chance at winning a title!!!!!!!!! FUCK OUR FRONT OFFICE!!!!!!!!!!"

when chances are, one of these teams are going to win the title regardless.

clambake
02-23-2011, 05:34 PM
Season wont be a waste. Again, people keep forgetting that they have been playing just as good or better than the other elite teams such as San Antonio, LA, Boston, and Miami, and none of those teams have made trades either.

The key right now is to get their lineup figured out. As I said, they NEED to have either Stevenson or Marion in the starting lineup (preferably Stevenson imo) to provide some strong defense right off the bat. He doesnt even need to play for very long in the lineup, just a good 5 minutes to try to keep the opposing SG/SF from getting into an early scoring groove, then bring in Roddy or JET to add some scoring punch and make the opposing scorer have to work on defense.

And along with that, as time passes, Peja and Roddy will be getting into more of a rhythm and be able to provide more scoring punch to put some pressure on the other team, as well as giving Dirk more room to work with to get more easy buckets.
if teams tee off on that lineup early.....you can kiss that strategy goodbye.

Phillip
02-23-2011, 05:41 PM
if teams tee off on that lineup early.....you can kiss that strategy goodbye.

meh, how many times have we seen the Mavs get off to a bad start and still chip their way back into a game and win? not saying its ideal, but to say that a bad start = end of the game is incorrect as well.

a lot of people have pointed out that the mavs dont really have any major blowouts (although there have been a lot of games where they had massive leads that were cut to less than 20 because they played their scrubs for a large amount of time in those games), they havent been blown out in any games this year either. pretty much in every single game that Dirk/Chandler has been in where they lost, it was extremely close, and usually the loss usually boiled down to not having enough scoring punch, something that both Peja and Roddy can help. I dont really recall many games not being able to be closed out due to just piss poor defense, perhaps with the Denver game being an exception, although in that case, Afflalo and Melo were just hitting ridiculous shots, despite being well defended.

clambake
02-23-2011, 05:44 PM
not in the playoffs. apply a little pressure and carlisle will fold. he'll go straight to jj and jet.

Fpoonsie
02-23-2011, 05:50 PM
Yeah, assuming Roddy continues to develop as the season progresses, bringing him off the bench to play against opposing teams' benches could be a nightmare. I dunno if starting him the last couple a' games was used as motivation, or simply a safety net for possible mistakes he might make, but bringing him off the bench makes for a terrifying prospect if you're the opposing team's back-up squad.

Fpoonsie
02-23-2011, 05:51 PM
not in the playoffs. apply a little pressure and carlisle will fold. he'll go straight to jj and jet.

I simply can't imagine that as a likely scenario, especially considering how he was blasted the entire off-season for that very thinking...and even still is today.

One of those two players' minutes will diminish...considerably, for better or worse.

clambake
02-23-2011, 05:56 PM
I simply can't imagine that as a likely scenario, especially considering how he was blasted the entire off-season for that very thinking...and even still is today.

One of those two players' minutes will diminish...considerably, for better or worse.

the point is that they need someone that will push to basket and/or draw a foul.

wallace is that kind of guy.

mark and donnie think they're smarter than they are. portland got wallace for nothing.

Fpoonsie
02-23-2011, 05:59 PM
the point is that they need someone that will push to basket and/or draw a foul.

wallace is that kind of guy.

mark and donnie think they're smarter than they are. portland got wallace for nothing.

You mean they need an ADDITIONAL player to ALSO assume that role? I understand the potential a guy like Wallace provides any team, but I don't believe DAL is completely devoid of players that can do that.

And these "Team X got Player A for practically nothing from Team Y" threads pop up nearly every season. It's simply the nature of the beast.

Phillip
02-23-2011, 06:01 PM

I think so too. In all honesty, about the only coaching issue I have had with Carlisle is not playing Roddy much last year. Aside from that, I feel he has done a damn good coaching job of the team. If he fucks up again this year, then I feel that Mavs fans have a legit complaint about his rotations being consistently bad. We will just have to wait and see come playoff time after the team is gelling with Roddy and Peja.

Phillip
02-23-2011, 06:18 PM
yup just pulled up the losses that the Mavs suffered when they had both a healthy Dirk and Chandler.

they had losses by the following margins:

1 vs. Memphis (dallas offense going cold late)
11 vs. Denver (dallas offense going cold late)
2 vs. New Orleans (dallas offense going cold in the 3rd, outscored 33-17)
5 vs. Chicago (dallas offense being shit all game long)
4 vs. Milwaukee (dallas offense going cold late)
5 vs. Chicago (dallas offense being shit all game long)
1 vs. Denver (streaky late-game defense, along with Afflalo going ballistic)

on the other hand, consider some of their more impressive wins.

Vs. San Antonio (key stops down the stretch)
Vs. Lakers (key stops down the stretch)
Vs. Boston (lockdown defense late despite a sputtering offense in both wins)
Vs. Heat (key stops down the stretch in the second win, great defense all game in the first win)

id say the Mavs overall have been pretty impressive when they had their best offensive player (Dirk) and best defensive player (Chandler). IMO where they have been hurting the most has been on the offensive end. They have too many cold streaks where they become completely lost, turnover-prone and inefficient, allowing the other team to keep getting in transition for easy buckets (and in all honesty, a lot of the times it would happen while Dirk was out, usually because Terry and Butler would keep shooting bad jumpshots). This is why I still feel that there is reason to have our hopes up with Roddy and Peja giving the team considerable offensive boosts.

jjktkk
02-23-2011, 06:23 PM
The top 3 Western teams all have issues, but thats what is gonna make the playoffs this year very interesting imo.

Bito Corleone
02-23-2011, 07:05 PM
This

The Mavs make too many moves. They could bring in someone new and try to build on the chemistry until they eventually flame out in the playoffs, or they keep who they have and work with that. The Mavs are probably playing better ball right now than any team in the league, but Cuban/Mavs is always under the impression that they are "one player away" from a ring. Why not try keeping what they have (for once) and see how it goes.

As a Spurs fan, I am kind of hoping that they do make a trade, because regardless of who they bring back we all know it it ends, but if they stay how they are it's gonna be a real nail-biter for the Spurs come playoff time.

clambake
02-23-2011, 07:26 PM
the bobcats were about to take on artest and his fat contract, only to give away wallace for nothing.

donnie and mark get played all the time.

Greg Oden
02-23-2011, 07:33 PM
the juiceman is available? :jack

:lobt2: