PDA

View Full Version : Battlefield 3 gameplay trailer

Cry Havoc
02-23-2011, 05:37 PM
wi2tae2PmmU

This game looks like a must buy. :wow The new engine they're using for destructibles looks absolutely amazing and should make combat feel even more substantial.

Cry Havoc
02-23-2011, 05:43 PM
For what it's worth, Bad Company 2 has the best sound I've ever heard in an FPS. It's seriously jaw-dropping with headphones on, when a tank shell lands near you, it actually very jarring and makes you almost duck in real life. :lol

The Reckoning
02-23-2011, 06:39 PM
just the namesake means its going to be awesome. battlefield 1942 (my all time favorite) and battlefield 2 were awesome. this shouldnt disappoint.

Cry Havoc
03-30-2011, 10:15 AM
http://www.ea.com/battlefield3/videos/faultline-episode-3

Oh man, this game is going to be amazing.

IronMexican
03-30-2011, 10:49 AM
Can't wait. Definitely gonna buy it, and re-up gold by this time.

Cry Havoc
03-30-2011, 11:00 AM
Too bad it comes out so late this year... would be a contender for GotY 2011 if it's going to be as good as it looks. Dice is taking the BF vs CoD thing very seriously this time around, it seems.

MannyIsGod
03-30-2011, 11:01 AM
Yeah - the release date sucks ass. I want to play it now.

IronMexican
03-30-2011, 11:04 AM
Too bad it comes out so late this year... would be a contender for GotY 2011 if it's going to be as good as it looks. Dice is taking the BF vs CoD thing very seriously this time around, it seems.

It sucks, cause it is likely to come out around the same time as Skyrim.

Sense
03-30-2011, 11:22 AM
If you own Bad Company 2, you know you must have this game...

TwAnKiEs
03-30-2011, 11:25 AM
looks very nice... I might have to buy it for my xbox and pc :O

mingus
03-30-2011, 03:27 PM
i would like Battlefield, but one of the game killing issues i have with the multiplayer is that no one plays the objectives. everyone just wants to snipe! i won like 8 games in a row the last time i played because everyone on the other team wasn't defending the objective or going for it. it happens in CoD also, but not nearly to that extent.

jman3000
03-30-2011, 06:39 PM
for the record, battlefield 3 is not bad company 3.

not sure if anybody is confusing the two.

jman3000
03-30-2011, 06:45 PM
http://www.ea.com/battlefield3/videos/faultline-episode-3

Oh man, this game is going to be amazing.

Wow... that mini gun casing water fall at the end is beyond bad ass.

TwAnKiEs
03-30-2011, 09:44 PM
i would like Battlefield, but one of the game killing issues i have with the multiplayer is that no one plays the objectives. everyone just wants to snipe! i won like 8 games in a row the last time i played because everyone on the other team wasn't defending the objective or going for it. it happens in CoD also, but not nearly to that extent.

I think it was becuase the maps were too damn big. I remember running for 2 mins straight just to get to the place I wanted getting sniped then respawning alll the way back again..... it got old quick

Vici
03-30-2011, 10:55 PM
The sniper thing kills me too, especially on hardcore. It's basically pointless to be anything other than a sniper on hardcore.

Cry Havoc
03-31-2011, 06:33 AM
The sniper thing kills me too, especially on hardcore. It's basically pointless to be anything other than a sniper on hardcore.

Yeah, one of the reasons I play standard mode. Hardcore encourages little else but camping.

Sense
03-31-2011, 10:55 AM
You know after a while you know where all the campers are located... most maps you can already guess where they are coming from... I always played hardcore.. that's probably why my stats arent the best but I enjoyed it..

phyzik
04-18-2011, 11:57 AM
12 minutes of gameplay

2x-kZma5n94

LnGrrrR
04-18-2011, 12:06 PM
That trailer has me psyched.

Sense
04-18-2011, 12:53 PM
http://images.cheezburger.com/completestore/2010/11/9/7408dd70-4747-481d-b506-65f68501fe64.jpg

Cry Havoc
04-18-2011, 01:03 PM
You know after a while you know where all the campers are located... most maps you can already guess where they are coming from... I always played hardcore.. that's probably why my stats arent the best but I enjoyed it..

That's not the issue. Say you head into an area where you're trying to capture a waypoint. The first thing you have to do is make sure that no enemies are very close to you, i.e., around the corner, because it's instant death if they get a shot at your back on hardcore. The next thing you do is make sure that the area is fairly clear locally speaking -- no heavy ordinance or helis around. In all this time, the sniper that you know is there has a free peg at you, and you're really powerless to do much about it. He could be in one of 15 spots, and even if you know them all, it's very difficult to respond before the sniper already has taken aim and fired at you.

Agloco
06-14-2011, 05:12 PM
Is this the type of game that youngsters are into now? I ask because my nephew is asking for this game. Seems a bit violent no?

Whatever happened to good old chemistry labs and bug farms?

2zw8SmsovJc

Sense
06-14-2011, 05:22 PM
To answer your question... yes... kids as young as 10 play this, I know this because my little cousins play this game and theyre 10 and 12.... they're pretty much addicted to Black OPS right now, although its a far shittier game.

resistanze
06-14-2011, 05:26 PM
Fuck, this game looks like the shit!

diego
06-14-2011, 07:14 PM
Agloco, there are other more appropriate games out there for a 10 year old, though it might be hard to convince them if they have peers that are playing the military shooters. Off the top of my head, some good choices for a 10 year old:
-World of Goo
-Psychonauts
-Jedi Academy (in the options set it so the lightsabers dont dismember!)
-Portal 1 and 2
-Prince of Persia series

aside from the 1st these games have some violence, but it is in a fantasy setting that is not aiming to be realistic, so I think its ok for most kids.

Muser
06-15-2011, 04:40 AM
:lmao CoD is gonna get dickslapped

DarkReign
06-15-2011, 08:57 AM
I think it was becuase the maps were too damn big. I remember running for 2 mins straight just to get to the place I wanted getting sniped then respawning alll the way back again..... it got old quick

Yeah, one of the reasons I play standard mode. Hardcore encourages little else but camping.

That's not the issue. Say you head into an area where you're trying to capture a waypoint. The first thing you have to do is make sure that no enemies are very close to you, i.e., around the corner, because it's instant death if they get a shot at your back on hardcore. The next thing you do is make sure that the area is fairly clear locally speaking -- no heavy ordinance or helis around. In all this time, the sniper that you know is there has a free peg at you, and you're really powerless to do much about it. He could be in one of 15 spots, and even if you know them all, it's very difficult to respond before the sniper already has taken aim and fired at you.

Its why I only played Squad Deathmatch. I would have liked to play another mode, but I hate snipers and people that play them with the rage of a thousand burning suns.

Does it take skill? Absolutely, because I am trash with a sniper rifle.

Does it suck all the fun out of every game? Youre fucking right it does. Especially on larger, objective based maps. You get behind the normal enemy lines, trying to cap a back-base, and all you hear is the "PING" of a bullet that just missed. You usually dont hear the second one. Pussies.

64 man servers with 50+ snipers blows....hard. SQDM, they are not nearly as effective or dominant. Theyre viable, theyre dangerous, they still can lock down a position if theyre any good, but their lifespan is exponentially shorter due to smaller maps, less places to hide and the range at which you can engage them.

I hate snipers, I hate that developers have sniper rifles as a class, I hate that no developer to date has balanced the sniper class to be more realistic and as hard as it is in real life. You want to snipe? Fine, you're going to have to adjust for gravity and windage on every shot, just like real life. Youre also going to have to deal with the recoil effects of the rifle that doesnt "snap back" to your original point of aim after every shot.

You pull the trigger, where your scope comes to rest is wildly different than where you were. Oh yeah, btw, the winds changed you fucking loser.

symple19
06-15-2011, 09:12 AM
Its why I only played Squad Deathmatch. I would have liked to play another mode, but I hate snipers and people that play them with the rage of a thousand burning suns.

Does it take skill? Absolutely, because I am trash with a sniper rifle.

Does it suck all the fun out of every game? Youre fucking right it does. Especially on larger, objective based maps. You get behind the normal enemy lines, trying to cap a back-base, and all you hear is the "PING" of a bullet that just missed. You usually dont hear the second one. Pussies.

64 man servers with 50+ snipers blows....hard. SQDM, they are not nearly as effective or dominant. Theyre viable, theyre dangerous, they still can lock down a position if theyre any good, but their lifespan is exponentially shorter due to smaller maps, less places to hide and the range at which you can engage them.

I hate snipers, I hate that developers have sniper rifles as a class, I hate that no developer to date has balanced the sniper class to be more realistic and as hard as it is in real life. You want to snipe? Fine, you're going to have to adjust for gravity and windage on every shot, just like real life. Youre also going to have to deal with the recoil effects of the rifle that doesnt "snap back" to your original point of aim after every shot.

You pull the trigger, where your scope comes to rest is wildly different than where you were. Oh yeah, btw, the winds changed you fucking loser.

The only game I can think of that even makes an attempt at balancing snipers is the upcoming Red Orchestra 2. They've added suppressing fire, which can force the sniper's head down while other teammates move toward objectives.

I'm still playing BLOPS, which, surprisingly, is the least sniper infested shooter I've played in a long time. Of course, the maps are much smaller than Dice's shooters, but it seems to encourage SMG's and assault rifles more than anything else. You can still get pretty good KDR's by staying mobile and attacking objectives, especially in CTF and DOM which are really the only game modes I play.

spurs_fan_in_exile
06-15-2011, 10:54 AM
Been having the same sniper issues with MAG, possibly even worse ones really. Big maps, usually a few choke points coming out of the respawn areas. On the verge of putting that one on the shelf for a while. Just not worth the frustration.

Agloco
06-15-2011, 01:18 PM
To answer your question... yes... kids as young as 10 play this, I know this because my little cousins play this game and theyre 10 and 12.... they're pretty much addicted to Black OPS right now, although its a far shittier game.

Wow. Some of my colleagues play this stuff. I thought it was pretty cool, but I lost the fever for video games at some point in my late teens. That's when the Nintendo first came out. I liked Mario Bros and Metroid, but it never got me hooked.

Count me lucky I guess. Too bad they don't offer a less violent version, I might have gotten it and sat down with him for a bit.

Agloco, there are other more appropriate games out there for a 10 year old, though it might be hard to convince them if they have peers that are playing the military shooters. Off the top of my head, some good choices for a 10 year old:
-World of Goo
-Psychonauts
-Jedi Academy (in the options set it so the lightsabers dont dismember!)
-Portal 1 and 2
-Prince of Persia series

aside from the 1st these games have some violence, but it is in a fantasy setting that is not aiming to be realistic, so I think its ok for most kids.

:tu

Sense
08-16-2011, 12:41 PM
NDDfPxF3EFE

Feast your eyes.

jman3000
08-16-2011, 12:51 PM
!!!!

They actually have an animation for taking the dog tag! Bad fucking ass.

This is going to take such a gargantuan shit on MW3 it's not even funny. I've played and 1000'd out every CoD game that's been on the xbox and this is making me not even want to buy it when it's in the bargain bin.

spyder
08-16-2011, 12:52 PM
damn..that looks freaking tight!!

DarkReign
08-16-2011, 12:53 PM
Wow. Some of my colleagues play this stuff. I thought it was pretty cool, but I lost the fever for video games at some point in my late teens. That's when the Nintendo first came out. I liked Mario Bros and Metroid, but it never got me hooked.

Count me lucky I guess. Too bad they don't offer a less violent version, I might have gotten it and sat down with him for a bit.

Damn, I thought I was old...

symple19
08-16-2011, 01:03 PM
NDDfPxF3EFE

Feast your eyes.

Just wanted to make sure everyone knew this was PC gameplay with 32 v 32, which of course won't be supported by consoles nor will it look as good (not even close)

jman3000
08-16-2011, 01:05 PM
24 v 24 on consoles.

My only issue with not getting this on PC is that I'd probably have to buy another graphics card to crossfire with my 6850. I blow past the minimum requirement and am a little bit past the required requirements... but i'd most likely want to have my eyes fucked if I'm going to be playing such an epic game.

Sense
08-16-2011, 01:22 PM
Just wanted to make sure everyone knew this was PC gameplay with 32 v 32, which of course won't be supported by consoles nor will it look as good (not even close)

pffft who cares about consoles.

z0sa
08-16-2011, 01:43 PM
Game looks sweet, I may have to re-enter the Battlefield universe after a long hiatus (last one I really got into was the first one, BF1942)

DarkReign
08-16-2011, 02:39 PM
Wow.

jman3000
08-17-2011, 01:36 AM
pffft who cares about consoles.

Um... probably the majority of gamers on earth...

Creepn
08-17-2011, 03:01 AM
That....was........AWESOME! :wow

Sense
08-17-2011, 06:47 AM
Um... probably the majority of gamers on earth...

lol sarcasm bro.. I own a ps3...

But I won't disgrace this game with a console... I'm playing this on PC...

spurs_2108
08-17-2011, 08:35 AM
The game looks hard.

TDMVPDPOY
08-17-2011, 11:48 AM
24 v 24 on consoles.

My only issue with not getting this on PC is that I'd probably have to buy another graphics card to crossfire with my 6850. I blow past the minimum requirement and am a little bit past the required requirements... but i'd most likely want to have my eyes fucked if I'm going to be playing such an epic game.

6850 is good enough man, as long it has dx11 then ur fine...

so whens this beast released?

jman3000
08-24-2011, 11:21 PM
watched some youtubes of a guy fucking around with the alpha and it looks pretty sweet. obviously some glitches here and there, but it was still pretty exciting to see.

DarkReign
09-09-2011, 02:44 PM
3HG6iT7-lz8

jman3000
09-09-2011, 03:06 PM
Yes, please.

DMC
09-09-2011, 10:00 PM
Is this the type of game that youngsters are into now? I ask because my nephew is asking for this game. Seems a bit violent no?

Whatever happened to good old chemistry labs and bug farms?

2zw8SmsovJc
The violence started with Dig Dug tbh