02-23-2011, 05:47 PM
Mark Gasol or Gortat!

FalleNxWiZarDx
02-23-2011, 05:48 PM
he does not know how to finish games

I say pass

8FOR!3
02-23-2011, 05:54 PM
It's not gonna happen. But I'd like to have him. Think he could play a small but very important role for us.

moisaenz
02-23-2011, 05:59 PM
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=4ve9zrt

iT CAN BE done!!!

Muser
02-23-2011, 06:01 PM
Bonner/Quinn + pick would be much better.

Beau
02-23-2011, 06:04 PM
I'd love for the Spurs to acquire Darko. Not as ideal as he would have been 2-3 years ago when Tim had a little more mobility, but he'd still be a helluva get.

But I can't see Kahn letting go of Darko without being bowled over. Darko is/was supposed to be his master stroke of genius and F-U to the detractors that he knew better than most. I'm guessing his pride won't allow him to give him up now unless he's clearly getting the better of the deal. I don't see him going the salary dump route, which is about the best the Spurs could offer them without hurting their team - send McDyess over for 30 days and bring him back after being bought out or something to that effect (we all know Bonner isn't going anywhere).

Well, actually, Splitter may be someone of interest for Kahn, better contract and could sell the upside that comes from a relative unknown in the NBA world - even if they're essentially the same age...

8FOR!3
02-23-2011, 06:11 PM
I don't think I'd get rid of Bonner for Darko. Darko's better, but that'd leave us with Splitter, Milicic, and Blair who can't really shoot and then only Dice and Tim can hit the midrange. We've got to have someone to spread the floor. And don't say Steve Novak, he's not good enough to get rotation minutes. His defense has been atrocious on past teams, he can't replace Bonner's spot.

Muser
02-23-2011, 06:16 PM
Darko would be a huge upgrade defensively over any big not named Duncan.

coyotes_geek
02-23-2011, 06:17 PM
Bonner/Quinn + pick would be much better.

Minnesota would laugh and hang up the phone.

Bruno
02-23-2011, 06:19 PM
glurp glurp

Beau
02-23-2011, 06:21 PM
I don't think I'd get rid of Bonner for Darko. Darko's better, but that'd leave us with Splitter, Milicic, and Blair who can't really shoot and then only Dice and Tim can hit the midrange. We've got to have someone to spread the floor. And don't say Steve Novak, he's not good enough to get rotation minutes. His defense has been atrocious on past teams, he can't replace Bonner's spot.

The Spurs won't trade Bonner for Darko, so it's not even worth arguing.

Having said that, the Spurs don't need Bonner to win a championship. The floor-spacing 4 is nonsense so far as championship success goes. It's a luxury and useful thing to have, for sure, but it's not a necessity.

If the Spurs could upgrade their roster for the short term in an effort to bolster their chances at bringing home No. 5 this year, you trade Bonner in a second for that player. He doesn't have to possess the same skillset.

But trading Bonner for Darko would hurt the Spurs more than help them this year. The Spurs have already put their eggs into the tattered Bonner basket... they've just gotta hope they don't wind up cracking (again).