PDA

View Full Version : It May Be A Good Thing That Most Teams Won't Ever Win A Title

Koolaid_Man
02-23-2011, 08:04 PM
After reading another story on how Deron is unhappy with the trade I've come to the realization that it's good for the league when only a few teams have a chance to win it all. Let's face it when lesser teams make it to the finals no one watches because it's "boring"...take Utah for example I think if they lucked up and actually made it to the finals and NJ made it in the east people would sincerely be upset..No one wants to see that shit. It would be awful...and turn fans in general away from the game. I think just making the playoffs is good enough for these teams. I mean Utah has never won shit and yet the people keep coming back year after year...sure owners by and large are not as profitable as Dr. Jerry Buss but they're still making shit loads of money...if they don't like it...Contraction is a viable option...

Deron Signaled He Wouldn't Re-Sign; Nets Offer Only Jazz Considered

Feb 23, 2011 18:57 PM EST

http://www.realgm.com/images/nba/4.2/wiretap/photos/2006/Williams_Deron_uta_091221.jpg
The Jazz received signals from Deron Williams that he wanted to pay in a larger media market and was set to leave Utah when he could get out of his contract.
"We were running the risk of losing [Williams]," said Kevin O'Connor.
O'Connor explained that the team wanted to strike early so as not to be put in the position that the Nuggets faced when Carmelo Anthony decided he wanted out of Denver.
The Nets offer was the only acceptable one for Utah and once Anthony was sent to New York, the Nets moved forward on what O'Connor termed their "Plan B."
O'Connor said the Jazz never contacted the Knicks about the widely reported offer the team had made for Anthony, which Denver ultimately accepted.

Via Brian T. Smith/Salt Lake Tribune (via Twitter) (http://twitter.com/tribjazz)

Read more: http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/211335/Deron_Signaled_He_Wouldnt_Re_Sign;_Nets_Offer_Only _Jazz_Considered#ixzz1Epiyl4qC

Giuseppe
02-23-2011, 08:07 PM
He won't sign with New Jersey either. They're whistlin' past the graveyard with the trade.

Like Anthony he's headed for New York.

Koolaid_Man
02-23-2011, 08:11 PM
He won't sign with New Jersey either. They're whistlin' past the graveyard with the trade.

Like Anthony he's headed for New York.

For the first time in their history...NY will have 2 top guards fighting for admittance to their historically god-forsaken team...these next couple of yrs will be auditioning for the job...D Will vs. CP3 they will be playing their asses off...If D-Will leads NJ then he's may beat out CP3 for the NY job...:lol

Giuseppe
02-23-2011, 08:14 PM
I wouldn't hit a dog in the ass with either Williams or Paul. Each is of inconsequential talent.

ChuckD
02-23-2011, 08:16 PM
I wouldn't hit a dog in the ass with either Williams or Paul. Each is of inconsequential talent.
What wouldn't you hit with Blake and Fish, then?

Giuseppe
02-23-2011, 08:21 PM
What wouldn't you hit with Blake and Fish, then?

Well, Fish has left a slew of fucks in holes from Boston to Sacramento.

The Celtics forgot him in the 3rd quarter of Game 7 for like a split second. He snatched the life right out of 'em right there. Just like that.

Zelophehad
02-23-2011, 08:24 PM
Well, Fish has left a slew of fucks in holes from Boston to Sacramento.

The Celtics forgot him in the 3rd quarter of Game 7 for like a split second. He snatched the life right out of 'em right there. Just like that.

Just gnore the fact that if you had like a league average starter at point guard it wouldn't even have come down to that.

Koolaid_Man
02-23-2011, 08:25 PM

but outside of them ain't too much out there...besides Rose...

Ronho errr Rondo can't lead a team...He thrives only in the Boston setting...I never thought I'd say this but where are all the good white point gaurds...:lol

such as Stockton, Hornacek, Nash, Mark Price, Petrovic, Steve Kerr, John Paxson, White Chocolate...:lol

Zelophehad
02-23-2011, 08:28 PM
Dumbass thinks Hornacek and Petrovic were point guards.

Giuseppe
02-23-2011, 08:30 PM
Just gnore the fact that if you had like a league average starter at point guard it wouldn't even have come down to that.

Most times in The Finals it comes down to that sooner or later.