PDA

View Full Version : Parker injured, banged up?

Beau
02-23-2011, 11:29 PM
TP came out of the gates strong, looking fresh and refreshed after the break. He looked as fast as ever out in transition in the first and second quarters. But just before the half he banged knees on a drive and was limping until the half ended.

Tony was 5-7 and +8 in the first half, 1-7 and -8 in the second half. I couldn't help but notice that teardrop he attempted and missed late was rushed and taken without exploding the way he usually does to finish. He actually missed a few that would be considered gimmes for him around the basket.

Not sure if it's anything major or if there's anything to linger but it would explain why he was a virtual ghost for the second half up until he hit that late jumper to beat the shotclock off the scramble...

gospursgojas
02-23-2011, 11:30 PM
He was limping up the court after one play. Probably nothing serious but he took a beating tonight.

Beau
02-23-2011, 11:36 PM
Looked like he was walking a little gingerly in the second, too, but hopefully it's just one of those run of the mill, nuisance-type things that are inevitable.

Timmy actually jacked up his forearm/wrist as well. Wore a sleeve for the remainder of the game. But I'm pretty sure that isn't anything to be concerned with. Knees, ankles and lower-body injuries always give me cause for concern, especially with a guy like Tony.

itzsoweezee
02-23-2011, 11:43 PM
Tony has a bruised knee. At least, that's what was reported yesterday.

Obstructed_View
02-23-2011, 11:54 PM
Tony's missed more of those close layups and floaters in the last few games than I've seen in a while. Just bad luck at the moment. He was already a tad banged up going into this game, right?

DesignatedT
02-24-2011, 12:01 AM
He had a slight bruise on his knee which he seemed to re aggravate right before half I believe. He should be alright.

One thing I have noticed is his inability to get the body foul on a lot of layups this year, specifically on the fast break. This seems to have lead to him being a bit tentative and changing up his routine on a lot of his layups. Instead of just going up with it knowing he will get a call like years past, he is doing a lot of things out of the ordinary like slowing down intentionally or trying to use pump fakes which is resulting in him missing some easy ones.

Spurs Brazil
02-24-2011, 02:56 PM
Tony Parker, meanwhile, limped out of the AT&T Center after the Spurs’ 109-105 victory over Oklahoma City with a bruised right thigh and sore left knee. He went down hard in the first half, courtesy of Nick Collison’s flagrant foul, and the ensuing dust-up resulted in technical fouls on Tim Duncan and Kevin Durant.

http://blog.mysanantonio.com/spursnation/2011/02/23/spurs-stand-tall-after-thunder%e2%80%99s-best-shot/