PDA

View Full Version : Fox News flips results of public opinion poll on Busting Unions

DMX7
02-24-2011, 12:07 AM
On Fox & Friends, co-host Brian Kilmeade claimed, along with an on-screen graphic, that a recent USA Today/Gallup poll found that "61 percent" of Americans are in favor of taking away collective bargaining rights from public unions. In fact, Fox aired the results of the poll completely backward: the Gallup poll found that 61 percent of Americans are opposed to taking away collective bargaining rights.

http://cloudfront.mediamatters.org/static/images/item/fnc-ff-20110223-wipollbackwards.jpg

http://mediamatters.org/research/201102230006

baseline bum
02-24-2011, 12:11 AM
In related news, dog bites man.

CubanMustGo
02-24-2011, 12:13 AM
Where was the thread where WC wanted proof that Faux did this kind of thing?

Spurminator
02-24-2011, 12:14 AM
People make mistakes. You want every claim and statistic on a 24 hour news channel checked for accuracy? Typical libtard elitist journalistic standards.

johnsmith
02-24-2011, 12:23 AM
Soooo, according to the article, they corrected themselves..........what's the problem?

Nbadan
02-24-2011, 12:36 AM
FAUX lies!

cIHkpMtJ0dI

johnsmith
02-24-2011, 12:39 AM
I could very well be wrong here, but I bet that 50 percent of Fox News viewership is liberal.

Which would crack me up, cause they're soooooo mad at Fox, that they'll teach those mean Murdoch's by making them richer.

Tell 'em Dan, you show America, one spurstalk.com post at a time, that you too can make a difference.

Nbadan
02-24-2011, 12:46 AM
Tell 'em Dan, you show America, one spurstalk.com post at a time, that you too can make a difference.

Pfff...

:lmao

Every new thread I make gets over 100 unique views...at 2000 post per year that is a minimum 200,000 unique views per year...

.....I've been approached about selling advertising.....

johnsmith
02-24-2011, 12:48 AM
Pfff...

Every new thread I make gets over 100 unique views...at 2000 post per year that is a minimum 200,000 unique views per year...

.....I've been approached about selling advertising.....

:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao :lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao :lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

Holy fuck that shit is funny............you are batshit insane...........and sad too.......so very, very sad.

johnsmith
02-24-2011, 12:49 AM
By the way Dan, if I posted every single link I read on all liberal or conservative blogs...........my threads would get those views too.

But by all means, keep thinking you are original.........shit is hilarious for most of us here.

Nbadan
02-24-2011, 12:50 AM
:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao :lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao :lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

Holy fuck that shit is funny............you are batshit insane...........and sad too.......so very, very sad.

The really funny part is I make 6 figures doing this and don't need the cash....

<------ laughing all the way to the bank

Nbadan
02-24-2011, 12:51 AM
Gotta get back to work now....see ya at Whataburger!

johnsmith
02-24-2011, 12:51 AM
The really funny part is I make 6 figures doing this and don't need the cash....

:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin: rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sure you do "internet rich guy"...........I mean, no one has ever made shit up on the internet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

johnsmith
02-24-2011, 12:52 AM
Gotta get back to work now....see ya at Whataburger!

:blah:blah:blah:blah

Oh man, this shit is priceless.

Keep on making a "difference" Dan............

Spurminator
02-24-2011, 12:54 AM
Who do I talk to about re-posting viral partisan bullshit for six figures? Do you and Yonivore work for the same firm? Do you get an email with links and talking points every day?

Can I get a business card or something?

Spurminator
02-24-2011, 12:56 AM
I mean, I make 8 figures but I could use some extra spending money for my 6 mistresses.

johnsmith
Who do I talk to about re-posting viral partisan bullshit for six figures? Do you and Yonivore work for the same firm? Do you get an email with links and talking points every day?

Can I get a business card or something?

:lol

I wonder how much Dan made for posting links to 'Loose Change 9/11' videos on spurstalk.com?

I bet it was a pretty penny.:rollin

DMX7
Faux is so funny.

johnsmith
02-24-2011, 12:58 AM
I mean, I make 8 figures but I could use some extra spending money for my 6 mistresses.

Have you heard about "drudgereport.com"? They'll give you $4,000 per link that you post on spurstalk.com that generates some traffic to that poor site.

I also heard that everytime you mention 9/11 conspiracy on spurstalk.com, an angel gets it's wings.

Spurminator
02-24-2011, 12:59 AM
Has anyone else noticed how NBADan and Yonivore never interact with one another? They're basically polar opposites ideologically but I can't remember them ever having a debate.

I could be wrong, maybe it wasn't that memorable. Just saying.

johnsmith
02-24-2011, 01:00 AM
Faux is so funny.

What do you think is funnier, an entire cable network fooling a bunch of hillbillies, or Dan thinking that his posts on SPURSTALK.com about political conspiracies is making a difference?

To me, one is funny funny, while one is sad funny.

I'll let you choose which is which.

johnsmith
02-24-2011, 01:01 AM
Has anyone else noticed how NBADan and Yonivore never interact with one another? They're basically polar opposites ideologically but I can't remember them ever having a debate.

It's like Clark Kent/Superman..........only without any talent, they're not interesting, they don't draw much positive attention, you sort of hope both will go away, and they benefit no one.

So I guess they're nothing like the man of steel.

Wild Cobra
02-24-2011, 01:13 PM
Where was the thread where WC wanted proof that Faux did this kind of thing?
I have seen mistakes before when I used to watch Fox news. Rather than your implication, I always wondered if they had someone purposely sabotaging things when they had such silly mistakes.

Wild Cobra
02-24-2011, 01:16 PM

I personally think it's a waste of time to engage PropagandaDan.

RandomGuy
02-24-2011, 02:58 PM
UPDATE: Kilmeade issued a correction during the final minute of Fox & Friends -- 44 minutes after the error -- saying: "I want to correct a poll that we did about 22 minutes ago from Gallup. Sixty-one percent oppose taking collective bargaining away from those people in Wisconsin; 33 percent in favor. I had it reversed. I apologize." In fact, the poll asked if people would oppose a similar law in their own states. A graphic was aired correctly showing that 61 percent of those polled oppose taking collective bargaining away

They did take it back.

Is there anyone here who thinks that this poll would have gotten a single second's worth of air time on Fox "News" if the producers hadn't mistakenly believed it showed that Americans favored the taking away of collective bargaining rights?

Wild Cobra
02-24-2011, 03:01 PM
It might have. Hard to know for sure.

George Gervin's Afro
02-24-2011, 03:01 PM
They did take it back.

Is there anyone here who thinks that this poll would have gotten a single second's worth of air time on Fox "News" if the producers hadn't mistakenly believed it showed that Americans favored the taking away of collective bargaining rights?

The honest thing to do woould be to re-report the story with the correct info... but honesty and fox news mix like oil and water..

TeyshaBlue
02-24-2011, 03:12 PM

Thanks dan. We all enjoy your daily affirmation.:rolleyes

http://bmac20.files.wordpress.com/2008/04/stuartsmalley.jpg

DMX7
02-24-2011, 05:52 PM
It might have. Hard to know for sure.

No, it's really not.

Wild Cobra
02-24-2011, 05:55 PM
No, it's really not.
I seem to recall Fox and Friends debating issues on both sides. I'm sorry that you are so sure of your assumptions.

RandomGuy
02-24-2011, 06:00 PM
I seem to recall Fox and Friends debating issues on both sides. I'm sorry that you are so sure of your assumptions.

People who actually to the time to measure how that debate goes note that 75% or more of the air time is given to people espousing conservative opinions. Have to find that study again, it was quite telling.

Debate: maybe
Fair & balanced: fuck no

Wild Cobra
02-24-2011, 06:08 PM
People who actually to the time to measure how that debate goes note that 75% or more of the air time is given to people espousing conservative opinions. Have to find that study again, it was quite telling.

Debate: maybe
Fair & balanced: fuck no
I agree, Fox is mostly conservative. I would say they are fair. Balance and fair are just a matter of interpretation.

Think of physics. If I have two weights on a lever, and a fulcrum in the middle, both ends need equal weight to make the lever balance. If I shift the fulcrum to the right, I need more weight on the right to make it balance.

Is balanced an unfair word just because Fox gives the conservative viewpoint more weight?

TeyshaBlue
02-24-2011, 06:31 PM
Yes, because they don't bother to define the context in which the believe they are balanced. And it's not an unfair word....it's an inaccurate word.

Wild Cobra
02-24-2011, 06:49 PM
Yes, because they don't bother to define the context in which the believe they are balanced. And it's not an unfair word....it's an inaccurate word.

Please...

Don't tell me you expect anything in this age of for profit news to be accurate...

Is it any more accurate on the left?

How many slogans reflect reality in the advertisement section of anything?

TeyshaBlue
02-24-2011, 06:53 PM
I'm not making a comparison here...just answering your question is all.

"How many slogans reflect reality in the advertisement section of anything?"
Dunno. Fair and Balanced certainly isn't one of them.

TeyshaBlue
02-24-2011, 06:53 PM
Friggin double post!

TeyshaBlue
02-24-2011, 06:55 PM
"Fairly Counter-Balanced" might be more accurate.

Wild Cobra
02-24-2011, 06:56 PM
"How many slogans reflect reality in the advertisement section of anything?"
Dunno. Fair and Balanced certainly isn't one of them.
Like I said earlier, it depends on your perspective. I think they are fair. They almost always offer a response from the other side. They may not voice nearly as many left viewpoints as right viewpoints, but they are the balance to the MSM's.

greyforest
02-24-2011, 07:09 PM
Soooo, according to the article, they corrected themselves..........what's the problem?

http://img44.imageshack.us/img44/434/foxnews152b.jpg

DMX7
02-24-2011, 07:34 PM
lol

Nbadan
02-24-2011, 07:35 PM

that's cause Yoni and I are the same person....duH!

http://foxnewsboycott.com/images/humor/conspiracy_theories.jpg

Nbadan
02-24-2011, 07:40 PM
Thanks dan. We all enjoy your daily affirmation.:rolleyes

http://bmac20.files.wordpress.com/2008/04/stuartsmalley.jpg

http://nikkigsblog.files.wordpress.com/2008/10/jesus-loves-you.jpg

TeyshaBlue
02-24-2011, 07:42 PM
http://nikkigsblog.files.wordpress.com/2008/10/jesus-loves-you.jpg

:lol:lol

DMX7
02-24-2011, 07:59 PM
that's cause Yoni and I are the same person....duH!

http://foxnewsboycott.com/images/humor/conspiracy_theories.jpg

Is that a real screen cap?

Winehole23
02-25-2011, 02:17 PM
Slightly off topic:

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/02/25/nyregion/25roger-ailes.html?_r=1&smid=tw-nytimes&seid=auto

greyforest
02-25-2011, 05:16 PM
Is that a real screen cap?

how are you asking this after foxnews.jpg up there?

Winehole23
02-25-2011, 06:11 PM
Good comment thread at:

http://tax.com/taxcom/taxblog.nsf/Permalink/UBEN-8EDJYS?OpenDocument

Marcus Bryant
02-25-2011, 06:47 PM
Good comment thread at:

http://tax.com/taxcom/taxblog.nsf/Permalink/UBEN-8EDJYS?OpenDocument

Have you read any of Johnston's books? I enjoyed the two I've read.

Winehole23
02-26-2011, 04:45 PM
Have you read any of Johnston's books?Of course not. I'll try to catch up. :lol

I enjoyed the two I've read.Top recommendation?

Winehole23
02-28-2011, 10:25 AM
Here’s what I learned recently: Someone I spoke with claimed that Ailes was scheduled to speak at their event in March, but canceled. It appears that Roger’s people, ostensibly using a clause in his contract, said he “cannot appear for legal reasons.”

I asked “What, precisely, does that mean?”

The response: “Roger Ailes will be indicted — probably this week, maybe even Monday.”
http://www.ritholtz.com/blog/2011/02/roger-ailes-to-be-indicted/

boutons_deux
02-28-2011, 10:46 AM
yeah, the filthy bastard scum-and-grease-bag Ailes, whose trail of shit and dirty tricks goes back to Tricky Dick Nixon, might be getting his way past due.

johnsmith
02-28-2011, 01:17 PM
Dan made this one of my favorite threads of all time.

johnsmith
03-03-2011, 03:46 PM
Bump - but only because I really want Dan to explain to me how he makes 6 figures while posting on here.

I'm also really, really curious about the advertising he has been approached about.