PDA

View Full Version : ESPN Fails again...

xellos88330
02-24-2011, 01:45 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/recap?gameId=310223024 (http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/recap?gameId=310223024http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/recap?gameId=310223024)

"Brooks said he didn't see a replay of the foul. But he liked how his team responded.

Oklahoma City ended the second quarter on a 17-2 run."

I wonder how long it will take them to fix this crap. :lol

Trainwreck2100
02-24-2011, 01:48 AM
they don't say what side of the 17-2 run they were on tbqh

xellos88330
02-24-2011, 01:48 AM
Oh another thing too. Notice how they were talking about the Melo trade and Williams to the Nets the entire first quarter, and then the scuffle in the second. Then all of a sudden the two teams playing are worth talking about. Not really a peep by the in game announcers about the trades and crap like that after that.

xellos88330
02-24-2011, 01:50 AM
they don't say what side of the 17-2 run they were on tbqh

He just finished writing about how the coach loved the teams response, then went into the 17-2 run. Clear implication that the Thunder were the team that had the run.

GSH
02-24-2011, 02:14 AM
He just finished writing about how the coach loved the teams response, then went into the 17-2 run. Clear implication that the Thunder were the team that had the run.

Forget what the ESPN reporter meant... wtf was Brooks thinking? He was happy with how the team responded? After the free throws from that foul, the score was Spurs 52, OKC 51. His team responded by getting outscored 12-2 from there till the end of the half. He was happy with that response? That doesn't sound like Coach Of The Year thinking to me.

Yorae
02-24-2011, 03:01 AM
"Oklahoma City ended the second quarter on a 17-2 run."
But I don't think it was espn who's making this recap. It's the same recap in the nba website so I would assume it's ap, right?

xellos88330
02-24-2011, 03:14 AM
"Oklahoma City ended the second quarter on a 17-2 run."
But I don't think it was espn who's making this recap. It's the same recap in the nba website so I would assume it's ap, right?

Good point...

Man I feel sheepish. :lol

Yorae
02-24-2011, 04:31 AM
Oh well, a recap gone wrong is known as a recrap.

buttsR4rebounding
02-24-2011, 05:33 AM
Oh well, a recap gone wrong is known as a recrap.

:rollin

ChumpDumper
02-24-2011, 05:37 AM
Forget what the ESPN reporter meant... wtf was Brooks thinking? He was happy with how the team responded? After the free throws from that foul, the score was Spurs 52, OKC 51. His team responded by getting outscored 12-2 from there till the end of the half. He was happy with that response? That doesn't sound like Coach Of The Year thinking to me.Brooks clearly stated on air before the second half that he was not pleased with the way his team responded to the flagrant and tech.

GSH
02-24-2011, 09:27 AM
Hey, I'm just going by what the OP said. If you think he got it wrong, take it up with him.

I still don't give a damn what Brooks said. That technical isn't what started the Spurs run at the end of the first half. They were already on a roll when that happened. If Brooks laid any part of that loss on the refs, he's got a lot of freaking nerve.

cheguevara
02-24-2011, 09:34 AM
Oh another thing too. Notice how they were talking about the Melo trade and Williams to the Nets the entire first quarter, and then the scuffle in the second. Then all of a sudden the two teams playing are worth talking about. Not really a peep by the in game announcers about the trades and crap like that after that.

Not even that. Van Gundy cried about the Rookie/Sophomore game for about 15 straight minutes.

ESPN is complete shit.

kidd_91
02-24-2011, 09:42 AM
I did notice how the game was just in the background for the announcers most of the first half. Then they second half they kept going on how they've got quite a game going on here. Yeah after you chased all the average non Spurs/Thunder fans away in the first half.

Obstructed_View
02-24-2011, 10:36 AM
Not even that. Van Gundy cried about the Rookie/Sophomore game for about 15 straight minutes.

ESPN is complete shit.

That was one of many WTF moments from Van Gundy last night. The setup from Breen was after Dejuan Blair did something good, and pointed out how he's had two monster games in the Rookie Soph game, then JVG went on a rant how nobody ever gives any effort.

Obstructed_View
02-24-2011, 10:38 AM
I did notice how the game was just in the background for the announcers most of the first half. Then they second half they kept going on how they've got quite a game going on here. Yeah after you chased all the average non Spurs/Thunder fans away in the first half.

Which is why ESPN did NOT fail. Their goal clearly seems to be to make sure the casual fan doesn't ever jump on a Spurs bandwagon, and any that do are punished for making the effort.

cheguevara
02-24-2011, 10:39 AM
That was one of many WTF moments from Van Gundy last night. The setup from Breen was after Dejuan Blair did something good, and pointed out how he's had two monster games in the Rookie Soph game, then JVG went on a rant how nobody ever gives any effort.

I really thought Van Gundy was drunk to start the game. He sobered up a little after halftime.

ChumpDumper
02-24-2011, 12:42 PM
Hey, I'm just going by what the OP said. If you think he got it wrong, take it up with him.You got it wrong. I'm taking it up with you.

I still don't give a damn what Brooks said.Um, your whole post was a reaction to what you think Brooks said.

That technical isn't what started the Spurs run at the end of the first half. They were already on a roll when that happened. If Brooks laid any part of that loss on the refs, he's got a lot of freaking nerve.He said he didn't like the way his team reacted to the situation.