PDA

View Full Version : Dennis Rodman Archetype

cutewizard
02-24-2011, 04:48 AM
guys, fellow Spurs fans,

greetings!

if you watched the last two games, vs chicago and oklahoma....

you would have noticed that we need some sort of an Enforcer Archetype....

someone with the courage, steel backbone and intelligence of Dennis Rodman, of course, without the antics and distractions

any thoughts??

and by the way, why are we sitting pretty when trades galore suffuse the league

cmon FRONT OFFICE, are you awake?? ANYBODY HOME??

WE WANT THE FIFTH TITLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8FOR!3
02-24-2011, 05:28 AM
I agree, with all of those Dennis Rodman clones sitting in free agency just waiting to sign the minimum for any team that'll have them, you'd think we could sign just one...

ChumpDumper
02-24-2011, 05:30 AM
You want the front office to get someone who will quit the team during the playoffs?

spurfan is strange.

ChumpDumper
02-24-2011, 05:31 AM
and by the way, why are we sitting pretty when trades galore suffuse the leagueBecause "we" are sitting pretty.

Gagnrath
02-24-2011, 09:35 AM
Well I personally think we need a 6'6" or better (would prefer 6'8") athletic small forward that is strong enough to resist being posted up by Anthony and Lebron. It would be great if he was fast enough to keep up with most 2 guards as well. This hypothetical player needs to be able to shoot at least 30% from the corner 3 and be able to grab 3 to 4 rebounds in 10 to 12 minutes of playing time. It would be best if he was fairly tough and smart.

mark of a champion
02-24-2011, 12:01 PM
Well I personally think we need a 6'6" or better (would prefer 6'8") athletic small forward that is strong enough to resist being posted up by Anthony and Lebron. It would be great if he was fast enough to keep up with most 2 guards as well. This hypothetical player needs to be able to shoot at least 30% from the corner 3 and be able to grab 3 to 5 rebounds in 10 to 12 minutes of playing time. It would be best if he was fairly tough and smart.

You basically described Bruce Bowen with reduced minutes

Shifty
02-24-2011, 01:28 PM
Well I personally think we need a 6'6" or better (would prefer 6'8") athletic small forward that is strong enough to resist being posted up by Anthony and Lebron. It would be great if he was fast enough to keep up with most 2 guards as well. This hypothetical player needs to be able to shoot at least 30% from the corner 3 and be able to grab 3 to 5 rebounds in 10 to 12 minutes of playing time. It would be best if he was fairly tough and smart.

Ok, here is the list of available players that fit your description:

Should we pull the trigger?

Ok, maybe they are some of them, but we can't get them without making a bigger hole elsewhere.

ambchang
02-24-2011, 01:31 PM
Who grabs 3 to 5 rebounds in 10 to 12 minutes at 6'8"? That's about 20 rebounds in 48 minutes, or, in a normal game of about 36 minutes, 15 rebounds a game.

You are talking about all time rebounding greats like Rodman or Barkley.

Gagnrath
02-24-2011, 02:11 PM
Who grabs 3 to 5 rebounds in 10 to 12 minutes at 6'8"? That's about 20 rebounds in 48 minutes, or, in a normal game of about 36 minutes, 15 rebounds a game.

You are talking about all time rebounding greats like Rodman or Barkley.

Ben Wallace this year in Detroit is 6'9" geriatric and averaging 6.7 rebounds per game in just over 23 minutes.

Jordan Hill for the rockets small forward is averaging 17 minutes per game this season pulling in 4.5 rebounds. The 5 was a bit much (in fact was a mistake I meant 3 to 4) but 3 point whatever rebounds in 12 minutes is reasonable for an athletic back-up small forward with limited offensive responsibilities. The problem is there really aren't many good athletic small forwards available right now.

Seventyniner
02-24-2011, 02:29 PM

Gerald Wallace. He's available, but the Spurs don't have what the Bobcats want.

Gagnrath
02-24-2011, 02:33 PM
You basically described Bruce Bowen with reduced minutes

Pretty much doesn't have to be quite the defender Bowen was against smaller guards but would like to see this ideal back-up sf be able to bang inside a little bit more.

Gagnrath
02-24-2011, 03:06 PM
Gerald Wallace. He's available, but the Spurs don't have what the Bobcats want.

We need summer of 2004 Wallace where he was coming off of his rookie contract with the Kings, hes a slightly above average starting small forward in the first year of his prime years contract. He's also about 7 million per year to expensive for what is realistic for the spurs right now. If we're looking in Charlotte we either need to bet on a game of gulf with Jordan for the rights to Stephen Jackson, or look at McGuire or Brown, for McGuire I think he's reasonably what we are looking for in that he's big he's fairly smart and he plays defense, the problem is he has no outside shot and isn't really that good of a player. So if the spurs can get him for nothing fine but he's not worth chasing. Brown is a second year player, he isn't where he needs to be yet offensively for the spurs to go after and can find himself shoved around a bit by larger SF's and most PF's and can frequently get beaten by a step against faster SF's and most SG's its not that he's a bad player with no potential, in fact I am all for trying to get him, but he's not going to make an impact this year, and really needs to get into the gym this summer to work on his upper body strength so he can become the guy people were seeing when he came out of Xavier, a good player that can switch between SF and PF depending on match-ups. If he hits the gym puts on 10 to 15 lbs of muscle and keeps up his speed he becomes a starter.