PDA

View Full Version : LMAO Melo: I'm not sure if we'll win a ship this year...

cheguevara
02-24-2011, 10:44 AM
:lmao

of course not. Idiot.

Does anybody actually believe the Knicks can compete in the playoffs??? They are gonna get manhandled by either Boston, Miami, Chicago, Atlanta, Orlando.

Knicks suddenly became the most overhyped team in sports

:bang

SAtown
02-24-2011, 10:48 AM
Same shit happened when AI went to Denver. ESPN thought they'd actually go undefeated in the playoffs :lol

Bito Corleone
02-24-2011, 10:48 AM
At least he's honest about it. Would you rather him to sit up there in front of everybody and proclaim: "We're gonna win 6, 7, maybe 8 championships" like some other pompous moron.

cheguevara
02-24-2011, 10:50 AM
Same shit happened when AI went to Denver. ESPN thought they'd actually go undefeated in the playoffs :lol

check espn nba page, Knicks dicksucking, Heat Index mixed with a little Blake car dunk makes that shit disgusting.

It's like a bunch of elementary kids designed that page

cheguevara
02-24-2011, 10:52 AM
At least he's honest about it. Would you rather him to sit up there in front of everybody and proclaim: "We're gonna win 6, 7, maybe 8 championships" like some other pompous moron.

true. But his answer made it seem that is was a possibility. A good answer would have been Let us try to win a playoff series first.

Jt.ONE
02-24-2011, 11:07 AM

this.

maybe he was asked by reporters about going all the way and he replied with that answer.

JamStone
02-24-2011, 11:10 AM
Reaching by criticizing that comment. Leaving it open as a possibility is better than pompously claiming it's a guarantee that they will. It's diplomatic talk for Knicks fans, so they temper their excitement with some reality. He knows the Knicks aint' winning shit this year. He said it in a way he doesn't show lost hope for this season.

And while they aren't going very far this season, I think they will be an extremely tough out for the top 4 teams in the East whoever they face, except for a healthy Boston team. It's not just Melo and Amare either. Both Orlando and Miami could have problems guarding Chauncey Billups. He's had good success against Jameer Nelson and PG is a weak position for the Heat. Knicks probably won't make it out of the first round, but if they face anyone other than the Celtics, they could make things interesting and push the other teams to 6-7 games.

Kobe_5_Duncan_4
02-24-2011, 11:53 AM
check espn nba page, Knicks dicksucking, Heat Index mixed with a little Blake car dunk makes that shit disgusting.

It's like a bunch of elementary kids designed that page

Imagine if Bill Land and Sean Idiot designed the site...

jeebus
02-24-2011, 12:00 PM
Imagine if Bill Land and Sean Idiot designed the site...
yeah but those guys are ultra spurs homers, ESPN isn't supposed to be.

lefty
02-24-2011, 12:00 PM
Yeah I watched the press conference yesterday

Although we all know they won win the title this year, it's a stupid thing to say

Very motivating :lol

Keyser soze
02-24-2011, 12:24 PM
And while they aren't going very far this season, I think they will be an extremely tough out for the top 4 teams in the East whoever they face, except for a healthy Boston team. It's not just Melo and Amare either. Both Orlando and Miami could have problems guarding Chauncey Billups. He's had good success against Jameer Nelson and PG is a weak position for the Heat. Knicks probably won't make it out of the first round, but if they face anyone other than the Celtics, they could make things interesting and push the other teams to 6-7 games.

I totally agree with the bolded. I think people are grossly underrating how potent of a "big 3" Amare, Carmelo, and Billups (STILL one of the most underrated players in the league) actually are. If the Knicks ever got a legit Center (a big IF, obviously), they would be right there with anyone in the league, IMO. I could see teams like Orlando and Atlanta having a very hard time with them in the playoffs. And to me, if the Knicks can establish some cohesion and chemistry over the next 25+ games, a first round match-up with Chicago (the Knicks are currently the #6 seed and the Bulls are the #3 seed) would be a 7 game series.

Let's put it this way, none of the top 4 seeds in the east (Boston, Miami, Chicago, Orlando) want anything to do with the Knicks in the first round. Playing Philadelphia (7nth seed), Indiana (8th seed), or Atlanta (5th seed) would be considerably more desirable.