PDA

View Full Version : Reason to believe Spurs will win tonight

Jimcs50
06-01-2005, 05:14 PM
If there's a reason to believe the Spurs can wrap up the Western Conference finals tonight with a fourth win, it's precisely because they are not in the SBC Center. While their close-out record, overall, is impressive – coach Gregg Popovich is 15-4 in such games – they have a disturbing trend of kicking away at least one game on their home floor every series. As good as they've been at home during the regular season and in the playoffs, they've swept only a single series, taking out Memphis 4-0 in the first round last year.

This quirk usually doesn't upend them, but merely delays the inevitable.

While winning eight of their last 10 playoff series, the Spurs have gone undefeated at home in only two of them. Be it early or late, it seems to be part of their DNA to drop a game at home when it is least expected. Or maybe part of the problem is their fans have come to expect it, creating a palpable nervous tension inside the SBC Center whenever a game appears to be slipping out of the silver-and-black's grasp.

Dex
06-01-2005, 05:19 PM
I want my vBookie to cash in, dammit.

OnlyOneGinobili
06-01-2005, 05:25 PM
one reason is... duncan. He had his off game against denver.. then the sonics... and now he had his against the suns. And what exactly happened the game after his off night? Exactly... he stepped up. I expect that happening again.

FromWayDowntown
06-01-2005, 05:36 PM
uh, Jim, Pop's record is actually 15-5 after Monday night in their own close-out games.

The loss on Monday snapped a 5 game winning streak in close-out games for the Spurs. Pop is 10-3 on the road in their close-out games and 4-2 at hom in that situation.

Jimcs50
06-01-2005, 05:38 PM
uh, Jim, Pop's record is actually 15-5 after Monday night in their own close-out games.

The loss on Monday snapped a 5 game winning streak in close-out games for the Spurs. Pop is 10-3 on the road in their close-out games and 4-2 at hom in that situation.

well, you get the point, right?

Rynospursfan
06-01-2005, 05:45 PM
Duncan is going to go off tonight! He will bust those pesky Suns in two.