PDA

View Full Version : Who do you hate more Kobe or Lebron?

Kobe_5_Duncan_4
02-24-2011, 02:25 PM
Spurs fans seem to loathe both players but I'm curious who is more hated.

tdunk21
02-24-2011, 02:26 PM
u for makin this stupid thread

SenorSpur
02-24-2011, 02:28 PM
It used to be Kobe, but somehow and miraculously LeQuit wrestled the title away from him. We can all say what we wish about Kobe - and I don't like him personally - but I got mad respect for his game and his competitiveness.

I still can't get over how he also quit against the Suns in that playoff series a few years back.

Always got to get that back-handed shot in. :lol

TampaDude
02-24-2011, 02:30 PM
I hate Kobe, but I respect his game. I actually like LeBron.

Budkin
02-24-2011, 02:30 PM
Same as Senor... used to be Kobe all the way but now it's easily LeBron after he shit on the city of Cleveland and did it in the most arrogant self aggrandizing way possible.

Spurfect21
02-24-2011, 02:31 PM
Yeah bro...if u think Spurs fans hate LeBron or Kobe (especially), ur an idiot and dont know spurs fans. Maybe LeBron acts like a bitch sometimes but there's no denying his superhuman skills on the court. And for Kobe, real Spurs fans respect the shit out of him and know he's been the 2nd best player of this generation...shout out to Timmy lol...

Kobe_5_Duncan_4
02-24-2011, 02:38 PM
Yeah bro...if u think Spurs fans hate LeBron or Kobe (especially), ur an idiot and dont know spurs fans. Maybe LeBron acts like a bitch sometimes but there's no denying his superhuman skills on the court. And for Kobe, real Spurs fans respect the shit out of him and know he's been the 2nd best player of this generation...shout out to Timmy lol...

Several fans just responded that they do in fact "hate" Kobe. Probably best just to speak for yourself and let the tally do the talking.

wontstartdumbthreads
02-24-2011, 02:41 PM

I hate when you mom has a loose tooth.

Spurfect21
02-24-2011, 02:45 PM
Several fans just responded that they do in fact "hate" Kobe. Probably best just to speak for yourself and let the tally do the talking.

Thats fans speaking from the fact that he recs shop on everybody in the world...and they hate how good he is and maybe that he raped that girl lol. But anybody with any knowledge of the game of basketball could never hate Kobe and the way he plays. Put him in black and silver and watch every single one of those opinions change...

SenorSpur
02-24-2011, 02:52 PM
Same as Senor... used to be Kobe all the way but now it's easily LeBron after he shit on the city of Cleveland and did it in the most arrogant self aggrandizing way possible.

LeQuit is a ultra-talented, weak-minded, frontrunning man-child, that can't hold Kobe's jock. He can execute his choreographed dance routines and clown the opposition as he beats up on the weak sisters of the NBA.

However when adversity strikes, he shrivels up like a rose in winter. His kryptonite is the Celtics and their sheer physicality. It's a sad joke that the dude played harder in the All-Star game than he did versus the Celtics in Games 5 & 6 against the C's.

lefty
02-24-2011, 02:54 PM
I hate Kobe but respect his work ethic.

Lebron? I kinda hate him for shitting on Cleveland live on National TV - that was really humiliating - but other than that, I like him

Spurfect21
02-24-2011, 02:54 PM
LeQuit is a ultra-talented, weak-minded, frontrunning man-child, that can't hold Kobe's jock. He can execute his choreographed dance routines and clown the opposition as he beats up on the weak sisters of the NBA.

However when adversity strikes, he shrivels up like a rose in winter. His kryptonite is the Celtics and their sheer physicality. It's a sad joke that the dude played harder in the All-Star game than he did versus the Celtics in Games 5 & 6 against the C's.

Great point, haha thats crazy didnt even think about that.

baseline bum
02-24-2011, 02:56 PM
I like Kobe. Amazing player and surely top 10-15 all-time. His fans are the biggest sycophants in the world. It's hilarious how all the blame has always gone on Shaq and Gasol when Kobe plays badly and they lose.

cornbread
02-24-2011, 02:59 PM
I like Kobe. He's ruthlessly competitive and that makes him come across as an asshole sometimes, but some of the greatest have known to be pricks too. I get butthurt when he beats us or when the Lakers win championships, but I appreciate watching him play the game.

As far as dislike, Lebron sits somewhere on my list between Eduardo Najera and Jeff Hornacek. An example of why would be when Dwight and Nate were putting on one of the best dunk contests in years and Lebron had to butt in and announce that he would officially be competing next year—in an effort to make it about him. The guy couldn't let them have their moment, and of course he didn't fulfill his promise.

The moment I found myself disliking Lebron was the first time I heard him refer to his "talents" which was during his first all-star game back in '03. He hasn't stopped talking about his talents since. It still makes me cringe every time.

cornbread
02-24-2011, 03:01 PM
Hey Baseline, much respect on the sig!

Spurs7794
02-24-2011, 03:04 PM

Hahaha thats hilarious about the allstar game. Everyone was making a big deal about how he willed the East back into it. Not that tough to will a team into a game where a grand total of two of the players are playing hard.

wontstartdumbthreads
02-24-2011, 03:08 PM
As far as dislike, Lebron sits somewhere on my list between Eduardo Najera and Jeff Hornacek.

Did you add Hornacek just so you wouldn't look like a racist?

lefty
02-24-2011, 03:09 PM
:lol

Why the hate on Hornacek ?

cornbread
02-24-2011, 03:18 PM

No, that's why I threw in Najera.

wontstartdumbthreads
02-24-2011, 03:19 PM

cornbread
02-24-2011, 03:24 PM

Why the hate on Hornacek ?

Oh, where to start?

As a child growing up on the Spurs in '90's, I had a hard time dealing with the fact that a dude who looked like an accountant in short-shorts could routinely crush my hopes and dreams.

wontstartdumbthreads
02-24-2011, 03:26 PM
Oh, where to start?

As a child growing up on the Spurs in '90's, I had a hard time dealing with the fact that a dude who looked like an accountant in short-shorts could routinely crush my hopes and dreams.

At least he didn't do it in pantyhose.

ata
02-24-2011, 03:29 PM
Why should one hate excelent bball player. And I don't cheer for any of them, but that doesn't mean i hate one.
And my respect to Kobe is as high as i have to any of Spurs big three, could't say that for LeBron.

And I think true and longtime Spurs fans respect their opponents, especially Kobe. Always as tough as one can be, but never ever disrespectfull, never whining about Bowen defence, for instance...

wontstartdumbthreads
02-24-2011, 03:30 PM
Why should one hate excelent bball player.

Are you saying that because one is an excellent bball player, he is precluded from being an asshole?

Sense
02-24-2011, 04:02 PM
Hate LeBron... I like Kobe.. I just hate Laker fans and the media for being all over his balls..

How can you hate Kobe when time and time he gives credit to Spurs.. and has said Manu is one of his favorite players to watch.. he even gave props to Bowen a lot of times.

lefty
02-24-2011, 04:03 PM
Oh, where to start?

:lmao

Kobe_5_Duncan_4
02-24-2011, 04:04 PM
I hate when you mom has a loose tooth.

Oh you hate that but you don't hate the warts on your dad's hands that chafe your johnson?

Weird kid.

Kamnik
02-24-2011, 04:08 PM
Lebron without a doubt. He is a total douche.

UnWantedTheory
02-24-2011, 04:10 PM
I love to hate them equally.

UnWantedTheory
02-24-2011, 04:16 PM

Bukefal
02-24-2011, 04:16 PM
I hate Kobe, but I respect his game. I actually like LeBron.

This. I don't like Kobe, but I respect him. As for Lebron, he handled some things the wrong way and made some bad/stupid choices, but I like him.

Obstructed_View
02-24-2011, 04:59 PM
I think they're both amazing players.

egtonecity
02-24-2011, 05:22 PM
Hate LeBron... I like Kobe.. I just hate Laker fans and the media for being all over his balls..

How can you hate Kobe when time and time he gives credit to Spurs.. and has said Manu is one of his favorite players to watch.. he even gave props to Bowen a lot of times.

This. :toast

I hate everything about Bron from his dancing and taking fake pics to his headband creepin up his forehead to cover up that hairline. Dude is a beast tho...I'll give him that.

I like Kobe ... Used to hate on Kobe but now have nothing but respect for him. Still a top tier talent but i do hate laker fans that act like he walks on water. Then the comparisons to Mike push it over the top ...

Brazil
02-24-2011, 05:26 PM
kobe by a mile

ohmwrecker
02-24-2011, 05:26 PM
I think they're both amazing players.

. . . but they are both ego-maniacal jackwagons.

mardigan
02-24-2011, 05:28 PM
Pffffft hating either of these guys is a waste of time. True hate will always lie with the Malone led Jazz teams. Nothing can compete with that. I respect Bron and Kobe and enjoy watching them play even if they are douches off the court.

Obstructed_View
02-24-2011, 05:34 PM
. . . but they are both ego-maniacal jackwagons.

And they're both massively overrated by legions of ignorant fanboys. Doesn't make me hate them.

Cane
02-24-2011, 05:35 PM
Their fanboys are usually much more deserving of "hate" than either Kobe or LeBron. But I've been much more impressed with LeBron's talent and impact if that counts for anything :p:

ohmwrecker
02-24-2011, 05:36 PM
And they're both massively overrated by legions of ignorant fanboys. Doesn't make me hate them.

I don't really hate them . . . but I do "hate" them.

Cry Havoc

Because he's a bitch and a glory seeking self-obsessed egotist? Because he's the polar opposite of Tim and Dave?

Cry Havoc
Lebron without a doubt. He is a total douche.

And Kobe is the king of class. :lmao

Sense
02-24-2011, 07:37 PM
Because he's a bitch and a glory seeking self-obsessed egotist? Because he's the polar opposite of Tim and Dave?

How is he the polar opposite?

I don't really recall articles of Bryant saying shit Terry is saying...

The dude straight up has given props to the Spurs and Pop and the system... he was also one of the few who didn't bitch about Bowen but instead insisted he enjoyed playing against him..

Anyone that calls Manu one of his favorite to watch in this league has my respect... and well, lets face it... the dude is good.

Bito Corleone
02-24-2011, 07:49 PM
LeBron

I don't dislike Kobe, but that has more to do with being a fan of his since he was a rookie. Still, it's been hard not to jump ship on him at times throughout his career.

Spurs and Mavs fan
02-24-2011, 07:53 PM
I can't find it in me to hate Kobe. I have a lot of respect for the cold-blooded competitor that he is.

LeBron.....Not sure what to make of him. He does seem like an overgrown baby, but.....

Nah, my hatred of the Celtics dwarfs them both.

Baseline
02-24-2011, 08:16 PM
Bryant is a selfish, self-absorbed player who is a horrible teammate. He's a gunner who has absolutely never seen a shot he didn't like. He has never, ever "made other players better." He gets far too much credit for being a great player, when in reality he's a volume shooter who has been surrounded by top-level talent. Still, he has thrown various teammates under the bus, even going so far as to potentially incriminate a teammate (Shaquille) while being interrogated by police about a crime he (Bryant) committed, allegedly, not the teammate.

And even though the rest of the world has forgotten, he's also a rapist, allegedly. But definitely an alleged rapist who paid an undisclosed amount of money to the victim, I mean alleged victim, and the case never went to trial.

And now, Bryant is taking credit for LA's first three titles. Let me set this straight. This is the exact same scenario as Tony Parker taking credit for the Spurs titles in 2003 or in 2005. These were during Duncan's MVP stage. Well, those three Laker titles were in Shaquille's MVP stage. Parker was a starter who contributed. That's where it ended. Same situation with Bryant.

For the above reasons and countless more, I can't stand Bryant. I couldn't stand him from the moment he refused to go to Charlotte as a 17-year-old kid. And he's been the consummate punk ever since. Living in LA, I've easily seen 500 Laker games over the last dozen years, and it never ceases to amaze me how this city can embrace a player like Bryant, who is clearly out there playing a one-man game, as if he's playing tennis and everybody else is playing basketball.

LeBron James, on the other hand, is the epitome of a team basketball player. He makes other players infinitely better. If you don't believe this, watch a Cavs game this year. Or try to. He has superior skills, yet he understands what teams need to win, so he often places the team above himself in terms of his play on the court.

I've always liked James, and have the utmost respect for his game.

How anyone could have a bigger problem with LeBron James than with Bryant is completely beyond me.

tmtcsc
02-24-2011, 08:23 PM
Easily LeBron. At least Kobe doesn't chew on his mouthpiece like its a dog's chew toy. Same with Blake G. Stupid trend.

timtonymanu
02-24-2011, 08:25 PM
I don't care for either. I'm just a huge fan of Tim Duncan.

rmt
02-24-2011, 10:07 PM
Bryant is a selfish, self-absorbed player who is a horrible teammate. He's a gunner who has absolutely never seen a shot he didn't like. He has never, ever "made other players better." He gets far too much credit for being a great player, when in reality he's a volume shooter who has been surrounded by top-level talent. Still, he has thrown various teammates under the bus, even going so far as to potentially incriminate a teammate (Shaquille) while being interrogated by police about a crime he (Bryant) committed, allegedly, not the teammate.

And even though the rest of the world has forgotten, he's also a rapist, allegedly. But definitely an alleged rapist who paid an undisclosed amount of money to the victim, I mean alleged victim, and the case never went to trial.

And now, Bryant is taking credit for LA's first three titles. Let me set this straight. This is the exact same scenario as Tony Parker taking credit for the Spurs titles in 2003 or in 2005. These were during Duncan's MVP stage. Well, those three Laker titles were in Shaquille's MVP stage. Parker was a starter who contributed. That's where it ended. Same situation with Bryant.

For the above reasons and countless more, I can't stand Bryant. I couldn't stand him from the moment he refused to go to Charlotte as a 17-year-old kid. And he's been the consummate punk ever since. Living in LA, I've easily seen 500 Laker games over the last dozen years, and it never ceases to amaze me how this city can embrace a player like Bryant, who is clearly out there playing a one-man game, as if he's playing tennis and everybody else is playing basketball.

LeBron James, on the other hand, is the epitome of a team basketball player. He makes other players infinitely better. If you don't believe this, watch a Cavs game this year. Or try to. He has superior skills, yet he understands what teams need to win, so he often places the team above himself in terms of his play on the court.

I've always liked James, and have the utmost respect for his game.

How anyone could have a bigger problem with LeBron James than with Bryant is completely beyond me.

Ditto.

Can't stand Kobe - especially after reading that police interview. Nothing Lebron has done (including The Decision which was stupid) can compare to alleged rape and payoff (not to mention implicating Shaq). Maybe I'm biased because I'm female but Lebron's dancing, showboating, ego aren't anything on criminal charges.

And this rewriting of history - like 3 of those championships weren't on the back of Shaq is terrible. Blame it on the media though - I was watching the 1998 All-Star game and the attention given to Kobe (when he was coming off the bench, hadn't done anything yet) and comparision to MJ was sickening.

itzsoweezee
02-24-2011, 10:39 PM
Of course I hate Kobe, I'm a Spurs fan. I hate the Lakers and everyone affiliated with that organization.

Not to mention the fact that he's the antithesis of everything the Spurs stands for - selfish, self-absorbed, horrible teammate, arrogant, etc. I don't see how anyone calling himself a Spurs fan can admire a prick like that.

ALVAREZ6
02-24-2011, 10:45 PM
I really go back and forth on my stance with these players...I'm a fan of both of their games, but I have problems with each. They're both ego-maniacs in different ways, and they both have faults in their games that I dislike given for the talent they have: on Bron's side, it's the fact that he's nothing close to Kobe in closing ability and fierceness, and for Kobe it's really the fact that he continuously chucks 23+ shots in any game with the team the Lakers have.

Overall though, I can't say I hate either, but I do dislike certain parts of both player's on and off characteristics.

Tp9gospursgo
02-24-2011, 10:46 PM
LeBron.

Em-City
02-24-2011, 10:50 PM
lebron is way more of a douche than kobe... kobe's selfishness and arrogance seems to come from his competitiveness and desire to win.

Lebron's however, stems from his desire for the world to revolve around him. I really think he sees himself as some kind of deity

GaryJohnston
02-24-2011, 10:55 PM
Actually its Kobe 2, Duncan 4.

Those championships Shaq won him don't count.

timtonymanu
02-24-2011, 11:09 PM
lebron is way more of a douche than kobe... kobe's selfishness and arrogance seems to come from his competitiveness and desire to win.

Lebron's however, stems from his desire for the world to revolve around him. I really think he sees himself as some kind of deity

This.

My dislike for LeBron started when his team lost to the Magic in 2009. He acted like a big sore loser.

Also Kobe knows he's a douche. LeBron gets so hurt that the world doesn't like him when his actions come off as very egotistical.

lefty
02-24-2011, 11:19 PM
Actually its Kobe 2, Duncan 4.

Those championships Shaq won him don't count.
Well

2000 to 2002: Shaq+refs vs Sacaramento
2009: Pau Gasol
2010: Gasol+refs in the 4th quarter of game 7

So, Kobe has 0

DesignatedT
02-24-2011, 11:19 PM

that's pretty much how I see it.

Obstructed_View
02-25-2011, 12:01 AM
Well

2000 to 2002: Shaq+refs vs Sacaramento
2009: Pau Gasol
2010: Gasol+Artest in the 4th quarter of game 7

So, Kobe has 0

Fixed.

buttsR4rebounding
02-25-2011, 12:08 AM
Kobe only raped one woman...LeBron raped a whole state.

Beanzamillion21
02-25-2011, 12:18 AM
LeBroom

DJB
02-25-2011, 12:22 AM

Who are you? You're going to need to change your name in June.

SpursNextRomanEmpire
02-25-2011, 12:29 AM

Pretty well said, although I don't "hate" either player

dbreiden83080
02-25-2011, 01:18 AM
I don't hate Lebron and i found the hate he got over the move to Miami ridiculous. Yeah the press conference/TV show was a dumb ass idea but people slamming him for going to a place where he could play with other stars was/is stupid. Some of The best teams of all time have multiple HOF players on them but Bron somehow gets all the shit for going to a stacked team..

I thought that was lame..

ElNono
02-25-2011, 01:38 AM
Neither, really. Lebron has been clearly the best player in the league the past couple of seasons. As far as Kobe... how can you hate on a second banana?

Darkwaters
02-25-2011, 01:41 AM
Kobe and his smug sense of entitlement.

Plus LeBron never raped anybody.

Fpoonsie
02-25-2011, 01:43 AM
Shaq.

jjktkk
02-25-2011, 02:13 AM
Kg.

spursbird
02-25-2011, 03:12 AM
Kobe for sure.
The dude is too selfish and shoot too much. When he's on fire, that's ok. But he has too many 8-24 nights.

birdy219
02-25-2011, 11:02 AM
I don't hate Lebron and i found the hate he got over the move to Miami ridiculous. Yeah the press conference/TV show was a dumb ass idea but people slamming him for going to a place where he could play with other stars was/is stupid. Some of The best teams of all time have multiple HOF players on them but Bron somehow gets all the shit for going to a stacked team..

I thought that was lame..

So True. I never disliked LeBron and I still don't. I agree that it was hypocritical of people to hate LeBron for the decision to join other superstars when the same thing just happened in Boston and LA. Haters are gonna hate. Kobe is okay; he is just too cocky for my taste.

:flag:

anakha
02-25-2011, 11:03 AM
Whichever player's fans are acting more like cocks at any given time.

Kool Bob Love
02-25-2011, 11:30 AM
Kobe.

Bron is cool

xmas1997
02-25-2011, 12:04 PM
Labron for the obvious reasons, followed closely by all of the Mavs except for Nowitski.
Phil Jackson, Cuban, and then Labron, in that order! After that, Jason "the kite" Terry is just a flea compared to those 3.

DrSteffo
02-25-2011, 12:32 PM
I don't know them personally so I don't hate them. I dislike the selfish play of Kobe though and I will never forget the finals against the Pistons. That was the most selfish plays I have ever seen and I was so happy to see the Pistons win that finals by playing as a team.