PDA

View Full Version : Aaron Brooks traded to the Suns

Kai
02-24-2011, 03:04 PM
just heard it on ESPN, will update with details...

UPDATE: for Dragic and a first rounder.

Giuseppe
02-24-2011, 03:04 PM
That sucks.

lefty
02-24-2011, 03:05 PM
Yaya more 3 pt chucking

djohn2oo8
02-24-2011, 03:06 PM
Goran Dragic to Houston

jjktkk
Phx. opting for extreme small ball now.

VBM
Baby Hakeem in the building...

DJ Mbenga
02-24-2011, 03:07 PM
you are faster than me. but damn a 1st rounder too. my god the suns are stupid

BG_Spurs_Fan
02-24-2011, 03:08 PM
WTF Suns?

Warlord23
Kyle Orton/DOK, get your ass in this thread and let us know what you think!

coyotes_geek
Houston just fleeced Phoenix.

Mr.Bottomtooth
02-24-2011, 03:09 PM
WTF Phoenix

JamStone
02-24-2011, 03:11 PM
Suns should now trade for Ray Felton too. 3 PG line-up sounds good to me.

The Reckoning
great trade for houson :tu

brooks is a terrible, terrible team player. great athlete, but just a pimple on the rockets organization's ass

JamStone
Houston just fleeced Phoenix.

sun.shining.dog's.ass.

MannyIsGod
02-24-2011, 03:12 PM
:lmao Suns.

coyotes_geek
02-24-2011, 03:12 PM
sun.shining.dog's.ass.

True.

djohn2oo8
02-24-2011, 03:14 PM
sun.shining.dog's.ass.

Yup. Thank God for Sarver. Thank God 4 him :lol

robbie380
02-24-2011, 03:21 PM
Yup. Thank God for Sarver. Thank God 4 him :lol

It's a late first. I think someone said it's actually Orlando's first round pick.

Donkeybong
02-24-2011, 03:22 PM
Lol

djohn2oo8
02-24-2011, 03:23 PM
It's a late first. I think someone said it's actually Orlando's first round pick.

Fuck, at least it got Brooks off the team

benefactor
02-24-2011, 03:24 PM
DoK is not going to be happy.

lefty
02-24-2011, 03:24 PM
Xylus is running short of alcohol money

picc84
02-24-2011, 03:25 PM
Sarver has done everything in his power to fuck Nash.

rickross
02-24-2011, 03:27 PM

dam homey wat u got wit dat nigga .. he already on suicide watch.

lefty
Sarver must hate non-americans.

Gets rid of Goran while fucking Nash in the process

rickross
sarver 2 nash: FUCK YOU BIAATCH

ffadicted
02-24-2011, 03:29 PM
I wouldn't even trade trade dragic for aaron straight up, but a 1st rounder too lmao

I actually feel bad for phoenix fans

baseline bum
02-24-2011, 03:41 PM
Shit, the 2 seed is back on.

baseline bum
02-24-2011, 03:42 PM
I wouldn't even trade trade dragic for aaron straight up, but a 1st rounder too lmao

If it's a 2011 first round pick then no big deal. If it's 2012, then LMFAOCROFL Sarver.

Kai
02-24-2011, 03:45 PM
If the Suns make the playoffs, Houston gets the Suns' pick. If they miss the playoffs, Houston gets the Magic's pick.

lurker
02-24-2011, 04:04 PM
I think we're getting close to finding out Sarver is the father of Steve Nash's new son.

DaDakota
02-24-2011, 04:07 PM
Dang, I don't think that is a good deal for Houston or Phx......Brooks is a lot better than he has been playing, he is just pissed that once he got healthy he didn't get his job back.....

Lowry is very weak as a starting PG, Houston, just got a lot worse...oh well...maybe Twill or Ish will be the answer at PG, because Lowry and 11pts and 6 assists and slow lateral footspeed, surely isn't.

I wish we could have gotten Sessions...that guy is better than both Brooks and Lowry.

DD

djohn2oo8
02-24-2011, 04:12 PM
Dang, I don't think that is a good deal for Houston or Phx......Brooks is a lot better than he has been playing, he is just pissed that once he got healthy he didn't get his job back.....

Lowry is very weak as a starting PG, Houston, just got a lot worse...oh well...maybe Twill or Ish will be the answer at PG, because Lowry and 11pts and 6 assists and slow lateral footspeed, surely isn't.

I wish we could have gotten Sessions...that guy is better than both Brooks and Lowry.

DD

This is the NBA, if you don't perform then you lose your job. Good riddance to his crybaby antics

picc84
02-24-2011, 04:15 PM
Vince Carter and Aaron Brooks.

Your welcome, Steve.

Wish a Suns fan would make a composite list of all the things Sarvers done to fuck Nash since 2005. Shit would look like the constitution.

turiaf for president
02-24-2011, 04:17 PM
nash replacement?

Double-Up
02-24-2011, 04:21 PM

That bitch made nigga got ghost real quick....no surprises there.

Kamnik
02-24-2011, 04:24 PM
Fun Loving Nash does not have a true winning spirit-he doesn't give a fuck about winning. He just wants to run up and down and play ball.

As for all of us Dragic fans out there: AWSOME!!!!!!

Imo Houston is one of the best organisations out there; they just had terrible luck with Yao. If he would be healthy they would be a true contender.

I hated Suns for their shitty owner and GMs. If they would be smart Amare and Nash would be traded 2 years ago and they would be stockpiled with young talent right now.

Double-Up
02-24-2011, 04:26 PM
Fun Loving Nash does not have a true winning spirit-he doesn't give a fuck about winning. He just wants to run up and down and play ball.

Imo Houston is one of the best organisations out there; they just had terrible luck with Yao. If he would be healthy they would be a true contender.

I hated Suns for their shitty owner and GMs. If they would be smart Amare and Nash would be traded 2 years ago and they would be stockpiled with young talent right now.

They should have kept Joe Johnson and with Nash + Amare and role players they would be looking pretty good.

Kamnik
02-24-2011, 04:31 PM
They should have kept Joe Johnson and with Nash + Amare and role players they would be looking pretty good.

Well I am not saying they were dumb just the last 2 years... they are making bad decisions year after year :toast

As for the Dragič and Rockets; I couldn't think of any other team (maybe Spurs) where I would rather see Dragič. I liked Houston for several years... Yao, Scola, Landry, Lowry, Battier, Adelman. All players and a coach I like.

My favourite Slovenian player in my second favourite team in the league; can't get much better! :whine

Dex
02-24-2011, 04:41 PM
This shit is bananas.

crc21209
02-24-2011, 04:46 PM
Wow the Suns are idiots....:lol. They traded the Spur killer....

Indazone
02-24-2011, 05:02 PM
Meh, I always thought Brooks was exactly the same player that Tyronne Lue was. Not much better and about the same size and speed. Their stats prove out similar too. Bye bye Brooks. Rockets absolutely fleeced the Suns on this deal.

djohn2oo8
02-24-2011, 05:05 PM
Meh, I always thought Brooks was exactly the same player that Tyronne Lue was. Not much better and about the same size and speed. Their stats prove out similar too. Bye bye Brooks. Rockets absolutely fleeced the Suns on this deal.

Not on the pick, what are details of the Memphis pick?

DaDakota
02-24-2011, 05:31 PM
Brooks was just on the radio, said he regrets walking out, should have just gotten 2 techs instead, and that he is still recovering from the injury, and knows that when healthy he can play a lot better.

Feels the team is now committed to Kyle starting (GAG), and that he wishes him well.

Good luck AB, and I can't believe that Morey panicked and traded him while he was injured......when he could have done a S&T in the summer.....

This trade reeks of ......got to get somethingdoneitis...rather than getting anything of value....

Getting a first round pick in the 20s....YAWN !

DD

djohn2oo8
02-24-2011, 05:35 PM
Brooks was just on the radio, said he regrets walking out, should have just gotten 2 techs instead, and that he is still recovering from the injury, and knows that when healthy he can play a lot better.

Feels the team is now committed to Kyle starting (GAG), and that he wishes him well.

Good luck AB, and I can't believe that Morey panicked and traded him while he was injured......when he could have done a S&T in the summer.....

This trade reeks of ......got to get somethingdoneitis...rather than getting anything of value....

DD

No one ever knows who will pan out in the draft and who will not. 3 picks is nothing to scoff at

GuerillaBlack
02-24-2011, 05:38 PM
Plus, Morey could use the picks to move up in the draft.

Trainwreck2100
02-24-2011, 05:58 PM
No one ever knows who will pan out in the draft and who will not. 3 picks is nothing to scoff at
yeah cause their fo's picks have been SO great over the years.

The Reckoning
02-24-2011, 06:13 PM
woah all the red rocket fans coming out of the woodwork

Obstructed_View
02-24-2011, 06:16 PM
This is the total WTF trade of this season to me. Maybe I'm just remembering how Dragic went apeshit on the Spurs, but I would have questioned a straight swap. This probably isn't Sarver's worst use of a first round pick, but it's close.

DaDakota
02-24-2011, 06:18 PM
Plus, Morey could use the picks to move up in the draft.

You mean when we traded 3 picks (one of them Richard Jefferson) for Eddie Griffin?

Or when we bipased Rashard Lewis with our 3 picks in the middle part of the lottery to take Bryce Drew, Mirsad Turcsan, and Collier?

Picks in the 20s can be BOUGHT, they are not that valuable, thus the reason that teams are willing to give them away so freely.

And if you have 3 in the 20s, that doesn't mean a guy in the top 4 is going to say...sure, give me 3 mediocre shots at players that usually bust out of the league for a sure fire starter I would get at 4.

There is no optimisim in truth, the Rox saved money, and they took a flier on Thabeet.....

That is NOT getting them closer to contender status.

And I love CBud, but a back court with 3 crappy defenders in.

Lowry - slow laterally
Kmart - terrible defender
CBud - What is defense anyway?

Added to a starter in Scola who is pretty bad at D, and a 6'6" center....let's just say, these last 23 games are probably going to be helluva ugly to watch.

DD

Pero
02-24-2011, 06:18 PM

I don't know about that.. I hope it goes well for him, but I have doubts.

I guess the trade is understandable though, Dragic has been sucking for practically the whole season.

DaDakota
02-24-2011, 06:19 PM
Not much for us to say this year unfortunately..

:(

DD

Pero
02-24-2011, 06:20 PM
I said understandable but my first reaction was "huh?! WTF!?!" :lol

Giuseppe
02-24-2011, 06:21 PM
I don't know about that.. I hope it goes well for him, but I have doubts.

I guess the trade is understandable though, Dragic has been sucking for practically the whole season.

I wonder if his coach, that Igor guy will go with him to Texas?

Pero
02-24-2011, 06:24 PM
I wonder if his coach, that Igor guy will go with him to Texas?

LOL what? Who? :lol

Giuseppe
02-24-2011, 06:25 PM
LOL what? Who? :lol

He had a special coach from Poland here in Phoenix named Igor Hortensky, or, some such weird last name. I just wonder if they'll make him leave now that his protege is traded.

Pero
02-24-2011, 06:30 PM
He had a special coach from Poland here in Phoenix named Igor Hortensky, or, some such weird last name. I just wonder if they'll make him leave now that his protege is traded.

Wow seriously? I didn't know that. What kind of coach is he?

Giuseppe
02-24-2011, 06:32 PM
Wow seriously? I didn't know that. What kind of coach is he?

A special hire for Dragic and an assistant coach.

ploto
02-24-2011, 06:33 PM
Happy for Dragic.

Giuseppe
02-24-2011, 06:36 PM
Dragic will have to go into the suicide watch program with Baron Davis.

Pero
02-24-2011, 06:37 PM
Dragic will have to go into the suicide watch program with Baron Davis.

:lol
I'm worried it's true though. Always thought Dragic was mentally fragile.

Giuseppe
02-24-2011, 06:38 PM
I'm worried it's true though. Always thought Dragic was mentally fragile.

Exactly, he was having issues with low self esteem his entire stay here.

gaspar
02-24-2011, 06:44 PM
I like this trade for the Suns. Dragic was horrible this season. F*cking Zabian Dowdell was better than him. Brooks is an upgrade for sure and draft pick is lottery protected.

Red Hawk #21
02-24-2011, 06:49 PM
Xylus is running short of alcohol money

Underrated post tbh, I feel bad for the guy :(

Jeremy
02-24-2011, 06:54 PM

Yeah, it's the 1st round draft pick that really makes it atrocious to the objective observer. And for those of us with hopes that Dragic still had great potential, it just makes it all the more nauseating. What potential does Brooks have? And I don't even want to think about the defensive end of the court... I guess the Suns' FO doesn't, either!

Jeremy
02-24-2011, 06:55 PM

Igor Kokoskov. A Terry Porter hire.

Kobayagi
02-24-2011, 06:58 PM

Rocket fans, prepare for the shitload of slovenian fans jumping on your bandwagon now. :lol

TD 21
02-24-2011, 07:17 PM
Clearly, this paves the way for a Nash trade this summer. Dragic isn't starter's material; Brooks is. You don't give up a 1st and acquire a player who just won Most Improved Player last season, to have him play probably no more than 18 mpg backing up Nash.

They're too small to play together. That can work when one of the two small guards is strong, like Felton or Lowry, so that they can have a fighting chance against certain SG's. Neither Nash nor Brooks is strong enough to cover almost any SG.

sook
02-24-2011, 07:20 PM
stupid trade. Brooks is a way better player, although dragic is a better defender and all around.

seems like the rockets did all they could to drive his value down but still weren't adament on being able to sign him in the off season.

Red Hawk #21
02-24-2011, 07:22 PM
I wonder if Brooks can find his groove again playing in the Suns system. I don't understand why he fell off so badly tbh.

sook
02-24-2011, 07:23 PM

DD

my first impression exactly.

you don't go from 20ppg to scrub in a season that young. THe rockets are either as stupid as most of our fanbase, or they like to fuck themselves over.

morey is a terrible gm.

sook
02-24-2011, 07:26 PM
I wonder if Brooks can find his groove again playing in the Suns system. I don't understand why he fell off so badly tbh.

why?

Lets see he got hurt.

Came back and expected the rockets to extend him after all he did last season.

They didn't.

He got put on the bench under the impression they would bring him back up as time went on. they didn't , his confidence in the team dipped. Big conflict. He walked out . boom, management was positive he wouldn't resign and traded him before losing him to nothing.

djohn2oo8
02-24-2011, 07:26 PM
my first impression exactly.

you don't go from 20ppg to scrub in a season that young. THe rockets are either as stupid as most of our fanbase, or they like to fuck themselves over.

morey is a terrible gm.

No doubt Morey is wayyy overrated. But do you think Brooks is a playmaking PG?

sook
02-24-2011, 07:30 PM
No doubt Morey is wayyy overrated. But do you think Brooks is a playmaking PG?

can he make plays? sure he can, he did it last season and even his first season starting when we played portland.

He needs to be in that sort of system, mostly the kind with the starters, he isn't able to thrive off of that on the bench. I thought it was clear as daylight.

oh well. all though i didn't like intangibles, that trade hurts a lot more.

Morey picked the best time to trade him, what a stupid fuck.

Young team needing direction and a good leader. Way to go.

djohn2oo8
02-24-2011, 07:37 PM
can he make plays? sure he can, he did it last season and even his first season starting when we played portland.

He needs to be in that sort of system, mostly the kind with the starters, he isn't able to thrive off of that on the bench. I thought it was clear as daylight.

oh well. all though i didn't like intangibles, that trade hurts a lot more.

Morey picked the best time to trade him, what a stupid fuck.

Young team needing direction and a good leader. Way to go.

I feel like he has to do something spectacular this summer to make this team contenders, or his ass is gone

sook
02-24-2011, 07:39 PM
I feel like he has to do something spectacular this summer to make this team contenders, or his ass is gone

yea.

Kai
02-24-2011, 07:55 PM
Rocket fans, prepare for the shitload of slovenian fans jumping on your bandwagon now. :lol

I'm sure there will be plenty of room left once Yao leaves :lol

djohn2oo8
02-24-2011, 07:56 PM
I'm sure there will be plenty of room left once Yao leaves :lol

http://www.saltcityhoops.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/empty_bandwagon.jpg

GuerillaBlack
02-24-2011, 08:35 PM

LMAO, I HIGHLY doubt that. Morey is one of the better GMs in the league, tbh. Health is what has killed his moves. What good would it have been to keep Aaron Brooks? The Kings would have overpaid for his ass this summer and we would have not matched the offer. Brooks walks for nothing... Battier is also an expiring contract. I like the trades we did. Get some youth, let them play, and prepare for the lottery. Why should we get the 8th seed, only to be swept by the Spurs? Dumb.

noob cake
02-24-2011, 09:09 PM
lol AB shipped out. Bye Brooks

djohn2oo8
02-24-2011, 09:14 PM
LMAO, I HIGHLY doubt that. Morey is one of the better GMs in the league, tbh. Health is what has killed his moves. What good would it have been to keep Aaron Brooks? The Kings would have overpaid for his ass this summer and we would have not matched the offer. Brooks walks for nothing... Battier is also an expiring contract. I like the trades we did. Get some youth, let them play, and prepare for the lottery. Why should we get the 8th seed, only to be swept by the Spurs? Dumb.

It is well known that Adelman doesn't like playing young guys, we'll be in the lottery and those players will never play under him. Example: Patterson should have been getting minutes early in the season. We'll also be picking around 10-14, so why not go for a playoff spot if Morey is going to trade up anyway?

DaDakota
02-24-2011, 09:16 PM
I am not sure Morey is a good GM, I think he is ok, but still has not proven he can build a balanced quality roster.

IMO, he has made a ton of mistakes, he used to say that height was overated, and look what happened we got a short team......well, now he knows the value of height.

The one thing he has done well is learn from his mistakes.

But he also is the king of spin, he speaks a lot with an agenda wrapped around marketing.

Not saying he is bad, but he is transparent if you look a little deeper at what he is saying.

DD

GuerillaBlack
02-24-2011, 09:19 PM
It is well known that Adelman doesn't like playing young guys, we'll be in the lottery and those players will never play under him. Example: Patterson should have been getting minutes early in the season. We'll also be picking around 10-14, so why not go for a playoff spot if Morey is going to trade up anyway?

Yeah, but I'm thinking Adelman won't even be back next season. And I'd rather be in the lottery, with a chance at an even higher pick, than be first round fodder for another team, with no chance at the lottery and a late first round pick.

I am not sure Morey is a good GM, I think he is ok, but still has not proven he can build a balanced quality roster.

IMO, he has made a ton of mistakes, he used to say that height was overated, and look what happened we got a short team......well, now he knows the value of height.

But he also is the king of spin, he speaks a lot with an agenda wrapped around marketing.

Not saying he is bad, but he is transparent if you look a little deeper at what he is saying.

DD

Rockets roster in 2008-09:

Alston/Brooks/(Lowry later with Alston leaving)
McGrady/Wafer/Artest
Battier/Artest
Scola/Landry
Yao/Hayes

Pretty balanced roster there, tbh. If it wasn't for McGrady and Yao getting injured (and at least Yao only missed like four games that season), Rockets would have been champs. Story of the Rockets post Hakeem. Big "IFs". Do agree that Morey is transparent and he messed up by not doing the Tyson Chandler trade before he went to Dallas.

djohn2oo8
02-24-2011, 09:22 PM
Another thing is this franchise needs to come out and say if they are rebuilding or not. This half assed "retooling" is not going to get it done. Leadership and direction are what is needed in uncertain times

noob cake
02-24-2011, 09:28 PM

DD

DD, Don't hate just because Morey shipped out your boy.

MmP
02-24-2011, 09:37 PM
WTF, Dragic's got game i don't get why they got rid of him...

Fpoonsie
02-25-2011, 12:45 AM
Where the FUCK is DoK???

Darkwaters
02-25-2011, 12:59 AM
Vince Carter and Aaron Brooks.

Your welcome, Steve.

Wish a Suns fan would make a composite list of all the things Sarvers done to fuck Nash since 2005. Shit would look like the constitution.

More likely it would look like the Declaration of Independence. Following the initial famous opening statement the declaration has is mostly filled with grievances against Britain...shit the English did to piss the colonists off basically.

Yorae
02-25-2011, 01:04 AM
Wow great! Now can we have Scola back?

DaDakota
02-25-2011, 02:00 AM
I know that AB is the best PG the Rockets had, they just got worse by getting Dragic, now we have 2 career backup PGs on the team who shoot like crap, kind of sounds like Rafer Alston all over again.

Lowry can't stay in front of anyone and can't shoot and we have a taller clone in Dragic who is the same....

Yipppee...good job Morey, getting rid of your good players for low end draft picks and lessor players to save money.

How great it is to be a Rockets fan....NOT !

DD

djohn2oo8
02-25-2011, 02:17 AM
I know that AB is the best PG the Rockets had, they just got worse by getting Dragic, now we have 2 career backup PGs on the team who shoot like crap, kind of sounds like Rafer Alston all over again.

Lowry can't stay in front of anyone and can't shoot and we have a taller clone in Dragic who is the same....

Yipppee...good job Morey, getting rid of your good players for low end draft picks and lessor players to save money.

How great it is to be a Rockets fan....NOT !

DD

Brooks was not a PG, and he couldn't stay in front of anyone either. Stop complaining about what is done and support your damn team!

DaDakota
02-25-2011, 02:22 AM
Djohn,

Brooks was not a good defender, but he could force the other team to guard him and when we needed a basket late, he was the guy, he was injured, and not allowed to get healthy.

Not to mention his spot was taken by a mediocre player, and he knew it.

I support the Rockets been a fan since 1972-73, but I also call a spade a spade, and the Rockets made that move to save $$$.....nothing more......and that SUCKS.....

Any time you move a player because you are afraid to pay him....come on ...that is not getting better, that is hogwash.....

Brooks for Dragic was a downgrade, in every possible way, he will blow up in Phoenix while we are stuck with two career backup PGs...and a starter who scores 11PPG and had 6apg.....

WOOHOOO....GO ROCKETS !!!

Not feeling it, for the organization.....shockingly I don't cheer for them to make more $$$$

DD

Indazone
02-25-2011, 02:36 AM
This team was going nowhere. Something had to be done. Thabeet is an experiment. I think we have a better coaching staff than Memphis and can develop him. As for guards, that had to be the worst defensive backcourt in the NBA between Brooks and Martin. At least Dragic, Lowry, Lee can play both ways. You can't always look at it as putting points on the board. Morey made moves to shore up the team defensively.

djohn2oo8
02-25-2011, 02:42 AM
Djohn,

Brooks was not a good defender, but he could force the other team to guard him and when we needed a basket late, he was the guy, he was injured, and not allowed to get healthy.

Not to mention his spot was taken by a mediocre player, and he knew it.

I support the Rockets been a fan since 1972-73, but I also call a spade a spade, and the Rockets made that move to save $$$.....nothing more......and that SUCKS.....

Any time you move a player because you are afraid to pay him....come on ...that is not getting better, that is hogwash.....

Brooks for Dragic was a downgrade, in every possible way, he will blow up in Phoenix while we are stuck with two career backup PGs...and a starter who scores 11PPG and had 6apg.....

WOOHOOO....GO ROCKETS !!!

Not feeling it, for the organization.....shockingly I don't cheer for them to make more $$$$

DD

The Brooks/Lowry combination was not going to work forever. You do realize we were close to getting D-Will before Utah decided not to do the deal b/c of trading him West. Lowry got the job because he earned it, and Brooks/Martin combo did not work b/c you have 2 SG's on the floor with no D. Brooks can only milk that injury excuse for so long, we know it was ALL mental. Point: you have to act like a professional and not pout all the time when things do not go your way, he did not have superstar talent that could cover that up. And him getting paid starter moneyy for and undersized chucker with no defense is fucking ridiculous. Lowry got paid, Brooks didn't. Get over it

jjktkk
02-25-2011, 02:52 AM
Rocket fans, do you think they shipped AB out because hes a headcase? Bad attitude?

Fpoonsie
02-25-2011, 02:52 AM
killed himself probably after he said something about the trade on aim

something to the effect of "yes, that's exactly what we need more undersized pg's who don't play any defense!"

to which i responded "the phoenix suns way! do you want me to tell you a couple things about the mavericks way?" and we both ranted about how fucktarded our FO's are

Huh. Well, atleast my curiosity's satisfied.

I'll miss his self-hating Jew ways tbh, fwiw, Amar'''e's overrated, etc.

djohn2oo8
02-25-2011, 03:04 AM
Rocket fans, do you think they shipped AB out because hes a headcase? Bad attitude?

Yeah that had something to do with it, but the main reason is he was going to command like 8-10 million in the offseason, and they did not want to give him that kind of money

rapliketp
02-25-2011, 07:35 AM
Brooks wanted out of Houston. He'll magically start hitting his shots.

mojorizen7
02-25-2011, 07:59 AM
And the cluelessness in PHX continues....why am i smiling?
XUDNr-piHxk
Lets see....the SUNS get a little PG who cant play a lick of defense,has never avg'd over 5 assists in his career and loves to jack up shots from anywhere & everywhere.........yep, sounds about right.

pauls931
02-25-2011, 08:20 AM
Not really freaked out, but was wishing they could have packaged both Nash and Dragic to say Utah for Deron with whatever else it took... I like Dragic, but he's taking a lot of time to develop. That said, at least Kerr knew he sucked and quit...

DaDakota
02-25-2011, 08:35 AM

They shipped him out because they committed to Kyle as the starting point and did not want to pay AB the money he will get from other GM's.

Part of that is the failed "No extensions" philosophy of Morey, he had to overpay for Kyle and was afraid of having to do the same for Brooks.

Well run organizations simply reach argreement with their players, they foster a winning atmosphere, and keep their better players happy.

Brooks was playing great at the beginning of the year (Pre injury) 20ppg, and over 7 assists a game, unfortunatly he got hurt, and then came back too early......when he was finally healthy and wanted his starting job back, he was told that Lowry was playing too well and that he was now a bench player, in a contract year.

It had flammable situation written all over it......and Brooks pouted, didn't like it, felt he was way better than Kyle and should be starting and was getting screwed by the organization in a contract year.

Look, Morey has been great at saving money and getting mediocre talent.....but his negotiating skills are hardcore for players, and that is one of the main reasons no one wants to come to Houston.

No extensions....word gets around.....

And then when the players are restricted etc, he negotiates through the media by saying things like "Carl Landry's knees are a concern" to drive down his value.

Players notice those things, but casual fans do not.

Yeah that had something to do with it, but the main reason is he was going to command like 8-10 million in the offseason, and they did not want to give him that kind of money

And other NBA Players take notice.......he could have negotiated a reasonable deal before the season...or even traded him....Morey blew it.

Organizations that trade players to save $$$$, are not winning organizations.....they are not championship level, IMO.

DD

djohn2oo8
02-25-2011, 09:04 AM
They shipped him out because they committed to Kyle as the starting point and did not want to pay AB the money he will get from other GM's.

Part of that is the failed "No extensions" philosophy of Morey, he had to overpay for Kyle and was afraid of having to do the same for Brooks.

Well run organizations simply reach argreement with their players, they foster a winning atmosphere, and keep their better players happy.

Brooks was playing great at the beginning of the year (Pre injury) 20ppg, and over 7 assists a game, unfortunatly he got hurt, and then came back too early......when he was finally healthy and wanted his starting job back, he was told that Lowry was playing too well and that he was now a bench player, in a contract year.

It had flammable situation written all over it......and Brooks pouted, didn't like it, felt he was way better than Kyle and should be starting and was getting screwed by the organization in a contract year.

Look, Morey has been great at saving money and getting mediocre talent.....but his negotiating skills are hardcore for players, and that is one of the main reasons no one wants to come to Houston.

No extensions....word gets around.....

And then when the players are restricted etc, he negotiates through the media by saying things like "Carl Landry's knees are a concern" to drive down his value.

Players notice those things, but casual fans do not.

And other NBA Players take notice.......he could have negotiated a reasonable deal before the season...or even traded him....Morey blew it.

Organizations that trade players to save $$$$, are not winning organizations.....they are not championship level, IMO.

DD

The FO wanted Brooks to become more of a pass first PG, and he could not. Was he playing good before the injury? Sure, but who played a big part in that 0-6 start? First game against LA. Brooks leaves Steve Blake open for the 3, loss. Last year he scored because we needed him to, this year we asked him to pass more and take the shot ONLY when he is open. He didn't like that, and you don't get rewarded based off one good season while still having something else to prove. Why sign him to a long term contract before the season when he possibly might not be the answer? You don't give him a contract just to make him happy, (EX. Kelvin Cato). The stance in the FO is no bad contracts, they only have Kyle's, and Yao is off the books.

djohn2oo8
02-25-2011, 09:08 AM
No doubt both sides could have handled it better

Kamnik
02-25-2011, 10:58 AM
Putting being a Dragic fan aside and trying to be objective;
I think Rox GM is one of the top 5 GMs in the league.

If Yao would be healthy 80% of the games they could be a contender and have a great team.

How many wins do Lakers have if you take Gasol out of the picture?
How many wins Orlando gets if you remove Howard?

I think Rockets are one of the better led organisations and these last 2 trades proove it.

DaDakota
02-25-2011, 11:55 AM
Djohn,

I think that players respond to lots of outside stresses, and one of them is a contract, personally, I don't like the no extensions policy, I believe it hurts the Rockets around the league as players would rather come to teams where they are comfortable.

As far as Morey goes, I think he has done a good job, but there are things that are baffling, like not getting someone to replace Yao, when they KNEW that he was more than likely going to break down.

To me, that was a big failure.....on the organization, IMO.

I like DM the GM, a lot, but I think his people management skills need work.

And you are right the stance in the FO is "No bad contracts".....thus we can not be mad when really good NBA Free agents say "No to Houston" because of it.

DD

noob cake
02-25-2011, 12:17 PM
Djohn,

I think that players respond to lots of outside stresses, and one of them is a contract, personally, I don't like the no extensions policy, I believe it hurts the Rockets around the league as players would rather come to teams where they are comfortable.

As far as Morey goes, I think he has done a good job, but there are things that are baffling, like not getting someone to replace Yao, when they KNEW that he was more than likely going to break down.

To me, that was a big failure.....on the organization, IMO.

I like DM the GM, a lot, but I think his people management skills need work.

And you are right the stance in the FO is "No bad contracts".....thus we can not be mad when really good NBA Free agents say "No to Houston" because of it.

DD

DD, do you want to go kidnap Howard? That will surely help Morey replace Yao.

DaDakota
02-25-2011, 02:51 PM
DD, do you want to go kidnap Howard? That will surely help Morey replace Yao.

LOL - I am hoping that Thabeet pans out now....not much else to do really.

Also, am looking forward to seeing CBud start (Scared of the defense of him and Kmart though) and seeing TWill get some burn.

I am really down on our PG situation though, don't think Kyle is a quality starter, nor is Goran, BUT....maybe they are clearing room for Sergio Llull when he comes over, and Kyle is sort of the guy holding the torch until they find someone better.

Which I thought AB was doing anyway too.

Also, Twill thinks he is a point, if he can actually play Point that would be huge because a 6'6" rebounding passing PG would be a massive advantage.

But Noob C, the only real worry I have right now is that Adelman will simply not play the new guys.....and more than anything the young guys need burn on the floor......

DD

Kyle Orton
02-25-2011, 02:53 PM
Goran should be starting at point for you guys. However, if Adelman fucks up with him, it won't be the first time he destroys a European backcourt talent (lol not playing Petrovic).

The Reckoning
02-25-2011, 02:55 PM
Goran should be starting at point for you guys. However, if Adelman fucks up with him, it won't be the first time he destroys a European backcourt talent (lol not playing Petrovic).

coach is too in love with lowry. he'll rotate points like he did with that choke job whiney bitch brooks.

DaDakota
02-25-2011, 02:56 PM

Petrovic could not beat out Drexler, nor Porter....it was good that he was able to move to New Jersey and show the world what a good player he was.

Dragic is just an OK PG, is he better than Brooks or Lowry, I don't think at this point he is.....to me this is more about the Rox running away from having to pay Brooks too much $$$$, because the Kings are going to offer him like $9 million a year...

Morey's policies are now causing the Rockets to shed talent, or to make lateral moves to keep up, I prefer the way the Spurs do it, sign your talent, keep them comfortable and productive.....guys are more apt to come off the bench if their future is secured by a contract, IMO.

DD

Kyle Orton
02-25-2011, 02:57 PM
Hopefully not but you're probably right. I can't believe I have to start cheering for the fuckin Rockets.

djohn2oo8
02-25-2011, 03:05 PM
Hopefully not but you're probably right. I can't believe I have to start cheering for the fuckin Rockets.

At least Yao is not playing, i know that shit would make it more unbearable for you:lol

djohn2oo8
02-25-2011, 03:06 PM
WTF? Houston's GM Morey is such a retard. He makes the most retarded moves over and over. Brooks is a hell of a lot better than Dragic is.

Dragic might one day possibly at best case scenario become half as good as Spanoulis is.

Brooks is an undersized chucker with no ability to make his teammates better

Kyle Orton
02-25-2011, 03:33 PM
Dragic was terrible this year because he never got to build any chemistry with a consistant 2nd unit. The rotation changed every game and he had to constantly adjust to a new lineup that was always weak on defense (and to maximize his ability, you need a strong defensive lineup). He'll be much better in Houston if he gets consistent court time with the same players.

DaDakota
02-25-2011, 04:23 PM
If he is looking for consistent minutes, he is playing for the wrong coach, that was a lot of AB's problem.

DD

noob cake
02-25-2011, 04:40 PM
Dragic was terrible this year because he never got to build any chemistry with a consistant 2nd unit. The rotation changed every game and he had to constantly adjust to a new lineup that was always weak on defense (and to maximize his ability, you need a strong defensive lineup). He'll be much better in Houston if he gets consistent court time with the same players.

Adelman is preparing to sit him for 2 weeks before stable rotation time.

Thabeet needs to wait 2 months. Hell, Terrance Williams, better than both of them, has not even seen any minutes in the rotation.

Kyle Orton
02-25-2011, 04:42 PM
I'm already prepared. Petrovic >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Dragic, so if Adelman was able to fuck up that talent, he can easily fuck up with Dragic.

robbie380
02-25-2011, 04:48 PM
If he is looking for consistent minutes, he is playing for the wrong coach, that was a lot of AB's problem.

DD

lol DD....how can you say that with a straight face? You act like AB never played consistent minutes for Adelman and that Adelman didn't try to continue to run AB out there even though he was sucking balls. He was shooting 35% from the field and not running any sort of offense when he played point. If anything Adelman should have played him a lot less and played Ish Smith instead.

Indazone
02-25-2011, 05:12 PM
lol DD get banned over at Clutchfans? Welcome to the darkside.

sook
02-25-2011, 07:04 PM
As wierd as it might be due to past history, I'm agreeing with DD.

You can't treat players in that fashion and expect big time players to want to mention houston when they are notorious for this type of treatment.

Brooks would have done well with NY, and i mean WELL. But if the suns are still run and gun, you could not have found a better player for the system. It'll probably take him a bit to returning to his old form but what pisses me off is I know hes going to be good and a hell of a lot better than our PGs atm.

Danny.Zhu
02-25-2011, 07:28 PM
Houston should have traded him last year...

Goran Tragic
02-25-2011, 08:41 PM
LOL @ myself...

Kai
02-25-2011, 09:10 PM
In actuality, we chose to start Lowry over Brooks. So chances are, we let AB walk in the offseason. Same goes with Battier. We tried to get what we could with both of them while picking up more assets to be ready for a trade for a star. Not saying it will happen, but that is what Morey made clear as to what he was doing in yesterday's press conference. I lol'd when he took a shot at the Gasol deal and said sometimes all it takes is Kwame Brown to get it done :lol

DPG21920
02-25-2011, 09:25 PM
Very good trades by HOU. There is really no question about imo. They got low risk/high reward players for very little.

Kyle Orton
02-25-2011, 09:48 PM
Yeah they basically got a 1st round pick and a PG prospect who's great when his team doesn't suck for an overrated combo guard who was gonna expect a massive contract this off season because of 1 good year (which Lon Babby is surely gonna give him).

Kyle Orton
02-25-2011, 09:51 PM
I'm guessing the Suns give him a 4 year $44,000,000 contract this off season and declare him Nash's replacement.

DPG21920
02-25-2011, 09:53 PM
Nothing spectacular, but even if they don't pan out (Dragic/The Beat), they didn't lose anything that really sets them back.

I like The Beat as well. I saw enough glimpses to think he still has a shot at becoming something solid (defensively).

DaDakota
02-25-2011, 11:07 PM
lol DD....how can you say that with a straight face? You act like AB never played consistent minutes for Adelman and that Adelman didn't try to continue to run AB out there even though he was sucking balls. He was shooting 35% from the field and not running any sort of offense when he played point. If anything Adelman should have played him a lot less and played Ish Smith instead.

When he was healthy and went to Adelman to get his job back, he was told no....that is when the funk started.

He played like crap lately, no doubt, no excuses.

But the Rox player management is lacking in a lot of areas, IMO.

And it exasperates these types of problems.

lol DD get banned over at Clutchfans? Welcome to the darkside.

I am still there Inda, I just am taking a sabbatical, I can't post there without folks being smacktards.

DD

pauls931
02-26-2011, 08:18 AM
In the spirit of DoK, how did the Suns not get Deron Williams for Nash and Dragic? The Jazz should have been all over that.

lefty
09-02-2020, 10:08 AM
:lmao 6 pages for this guy