PDA

View Full Version : Man Charged In School Police Officer Assault

PM5K
02-24-2011, 03:31 PM
SAN ANTONIO -- Charges have been filed against a man who's accused of punching a South San Antonio ISD police officer at a heated school board meeting.

Homero Guevara, 66, is charged with assault on a public servant. He was arrested Wednesday and released the same day, after posting a $5,000 bond.

LINK (http://www.ksat.com/news/26977551/detail.html)

Thoughts? There's also a video on that page you can watch, and the web poll seems to be split almost 50/50 as to whether or not he should have been charged.

Wild Cobra
02-24-2011, 03:41 PM
My God.

The cop grabs him, and that tap is assault?

What a pussy cop.

PM5K
02-24-2011, 03:46 PM
My God.

What a pussy cop.

Yeah I read similar responses on KSAT.

He never said he was hurt, he didn't ball up and go cry in a corner. I think it's more about that type of behavior not being acceptable in a civilized society.

I'm also not sure how it works regarding public officials, but he may not have been the one that decided to press charges, or if he did it may have been at the suggestions of some higher ups.

MannyIsGod
02-24-2011, 04:07 PM
Total bullshit.

The Reckoning
02-24-2011, 04:10 PM
Total bullshit.

the officer has every right to press charges against that man. he is not the role model kids these days should be looking up to. the officer is there to protect and serve the community, and he's doing his job to null and void this threat to society.

go blue!

boutons_deux
02-24-2011, 04:10 PM
Don't Fuck With South Siders

Sisk
02-24-2011, 04:19 PM
the officer has every right to press charges against that man. he is not the role model kids these days should be looking up to. the officer is there to protect and serve the community, and he's doing his job to null and void this threat to society.

go blue!

You're just mad he's wearing an A&M shirt tbh :lol

Don't Fuck With South Siders

I don't even know what to say to you anymore.. just.. shut the fuck up, as always.

He shouldn't be charged with a damn felony.

4>0rings
02-24-2011, 04:24 PM
lol @ that 66 year old man getting an assault charge. I hope it's dropped.

PM5K
02-24-2011, 04:29 PM
lol @ that 66 year old man getting an assault charge. I hope it's dropped.

So old people can do whatever they want?

4>0rings
02-24-2011, 04:34 PM
So old people can do whatever they want?
No, just cops.

MannyIsGod
02-24-2011, 04:34 PM
Old people can sure as hell tap you on the damn arm without getting an assault charge.

Some common fucking sense would be a good thing here. Why does the cop get to walk right through the man and push him?

Its just a bullshit charge.

BlackSwordsMan
02-24-2011, 04:35 PM
nvm

fraga
02-24-2011, 04:42 PM
See here's the problem with that...old dude should have never done that...period...bad form...you don't put your hands on a cop...should he be charged with a felony...no...something should happen to the old dude...no doubt...but if the cop had in turn pulled a tazer gun..and dropped old dude...nothing would have been done to the cop...

Stringer_Bell
02-24-2011, 04:57 PM
My God.

What a pussy cop.

Why do you oppose the rule of law? It's in the books...people don't have the right or liberty to put their hands on a peace officer like that, especially at a civil forum where the cop wasn't even trying to fuck with the guy.

I support the officer, but not a felony charge. You don't fuck with the police (in public).

Wild Cobra
02-24-2011, 05:01 PM
Why do you oppose the rule of law? It's in the books...people don't have the right or liberty to put their hands on a peace officer like that, especially at a civil forum where the cop wasn't even trying to fuck with the guy.

I support the officer, but not a felony charge. You don't fuck with the police (in public).
You and I will both agree the law is fucked up sometimes. It may not have been a love tap between friends, but it wasn't an act of violence either, like assault charges are meant to be.

therefore...

The cop is a pussy for crying "I want revenge"

PM5K
02-24-2011, 05:05 PM
Old people can sure as hell tap you on the damn arm without getting an assault charge.

First of all he didn't tap him, and he didn't punch him, it was something in the middle, and it was a very aggressive gesture, things could get out of control in a situation like that with all of the emotion going on in the room, that officer was just there to keep the peace. And it's not just that he made contact with someone, it was a school police officer, a public servant.

The laws we have are what, just for show?

Hopefully he won't get a felony on his record, assuming he's never done anything similar in the past, but he should be held accountable for that type of behavior.

mrsmaalox
02-24-2011, 05:12 PM
That video doesn't really look like the cop grabbed the old guy's arm, more like he just "swept" him out of the way. It also doesn't look like the old guy just "tapped" the officer, looks like a closed fist punch, albeit a pretty lame one. I think if the officer felt so threatened and was in that much pain, he should have arrested the old man right there. They can do that. Pressing charges after the fact is just a bitchy move. Probably nothing will come of it.

PM5K
02-24-2011, 05:15 PM
Pressing charges after the fact is just a bitchy move.

I agree with what you said except that last part. Would it change your opinion if someone else pressed charges, or if someone higher ranking or part of the school district told him that he needed to press charges so that people know they can't do that type of thing?

I just think to myself that I would NEVER do something like that. That's why you heard the reaction from everyone else when that happened. Everyone was surprised that he did it and knew it was wrong.

Wild Cobra
02-24-2011, 05:23 PM
Hopefully he won't get a felony on his record, assuming he's never done anything similar in the past, but he should be held accountable for that type of behavior.
Would community service be suitable?

mrsmaalox
02-24-2011, 05:27 PM
I agree with what you said except that last part. Would it change your opinion if someone else pressed charges, or if someone higher ranking or part of the school district told him that he needed to press charges so that people know they can't do that type of thing?

I just think to myself that I would NEVER do something like that. That's why you heard the reaction from everyone else when that happened. Everyone was surprised that he did it and knew it was wrong.

Yea if it turns out that pressing charges is school district policy and they (the school district) decided they needed to press charges on their own behalf, it would change my opinion of whether or not the charges should have been pursued.

If the officer stewed about it late into the night and then decided he would pursue it, I'd still call it a bitchy move.

Generally, I believe if you make the decision to lay a finger on a cop, you'd better be ready to face the consequences. But I also believe if a cop feels threatened in any way, he has the responsibility to take care of that situation right there on the spot.

PM5K
02-24-2011, 05:29 PM
Well I'm not the prosecutor, but I realize like anyone that what you've done or haven't done in the past certainly has an impact on the type of punishment you receive. Again assuming he's never had an assault charge, or at least not in the past ten years I'd have to guess that something like that would be fair.

I'd hate to see him spend time in jail for something like this if he has no prior record.

It's not a huge deal, the guy wasn't hurt, but it's just not the kind of thing you should do, and you have to send that message or who knows what can happen next time. As much as some of you disagree with the charges, would you have done what he did, I know I sure as hell wouldn't.

redzero
02-24-2011, 05:50 PM
No, just cops.

The way it should be. /silverblackwhatever

silverblk mystix
02-24-2011, 06:01 PM
That video doesn't really look like the cop grabbed the old guy's arm, more like he just "swept" him out of the way. It also doesn't look like the old guy just "tapped" the officer, looks like a closed fist punch, albeit a pretty lame one. I think if the officer felt so threatened and was in that much pain, he should have arrested the old man right there. They can do that. Pressing charges after the fact is just a bitchy move. Probably nothing will come of it.

this.

silverblk mystix
02-24-2011, 06:01 PM

and this.

The Reckoning
02-24-2011, 06:03 PM

Some common fucking sense would be a good thing here. Why does the cop get to walk right through the man and push him?

Its just a bullshit charge.

because he's a symbol of authority. imo, police should be shown more respect than anyone else because they put their lives on the line for us every day. theyre a marker of our freedom

The Reckoning
02-24-2011, 06:05 PM
You're just mad he's wearing an A&M shirt tbh :lol

qft

Stringer_Bell
02-24-2011, 06:46 PM
You and I will both agree the law is fucked up sometimes.

Of course, but my issue with the law is when its twisted and manipulated by lawyers to fit the interests of the rich and powerful instead of the people. The law as it relates to Police is black and white, you either act offensively toward a police officer or you don't...and the cop isn't a pussy because he's chosen to press charges, he's a pussy because he didn't tackle the old man right then and there. Catching a felony or prison time is too harsh for this incident, but Anger Management classes and volunteer work with abuse/assault victims is perfect.

RandomGuy
02-24-2011, 09:09 PM
LINK (http://www.ksat.com/news/26977551/detail.html)

Thoughts? There's also a video on that page you can watch, and the web poll seems to be split almost 50/50 as to whether or not he should have been charged.

Meh. The dude shouldn't have punched the sergeant.

The cop didn't seem to be doing anything that really warranted it.

Assault is assault whether there is really harm or not, it is simply unacceptable.

Some very minimal punishment seems warranted.

Viva Las Espuelas
02-25-2011, 11:35 AM
Eh. I saw "Guevara" and it was enough for me to have no sympathy for him. You don't assault a cop. Illegal is illegal is illegal. Tough titty.

baseline bum
02-25-2011, 06:01 PM
LMAO @ calling that felony assault. Dude will end up paying a nasty fine and that's it.

ChuckD
02-25-2011, 09:41 PM
Stupid. Old man was lucky he found a good cop. A garden variety flat foot would have pulled out a tazer or billiy club and zapped or beat that fool into the old folks home.

You don't even touch cops. They take that kind of personal like, and tend to want to "touch" you back.

pawe
02-25-2011, 11:18 PM
If that was a 20 yr old who love tapped that cop, he will be tackled down to the ground with a knee on the back of his head in less than 5 secs.

What made these old farts think they can do whatever they want? Its their mentality of "I am already old and even if I punch you, everyone knows you will overpower me anyway". Unwarranted self importance, society owes them nothing. And they drain social security money for the next generation too anyway.

Oh, Gee!!
02-26-2011, 02:22 AM
send him to prison for the max. laws is laws. he's probably illegal, so also deport him. then kill him.

MiamiHeat
02-26-2011, 04:45 AM
You and I will both agree the law is fucked up sometimes. It may not have been a love tap between friends, but it wasn't an act of violence either, like assault charges are meant to be.

therefore...

The cop is a pussy for crying "I want revenge"

someone call this fucktard Wild Cobra out please.

not too long ago he was spouting garbage about people watching TV streams online and defending the "law" no matter what

now look at him. nail him whoever has the time to go find the quotes

The Reckoning
02-26-2011, 04:53 AM
lol MH the laziest poster on the board. someone go warm me up some pizza, please!

MiamiHeat
02-26-2011, 05:21 AM
lol MH the laziest poster on the board. someone go warm me up some pizza, please!

lolol

you go do it for me, ill wait here :king

ChuckD
02-26-2011, 09:46 AM
WC is a clown. The enforceability and justness of a law strictly depend on how much it tracks with his belief system.