PDA

View Full Version : Mavs won't make a trade

monosylab1k
02-24-2011, 05:12 PM
Mavs fans, are we happy or pissed?

monosylab1k
02-24-2011, 05:13 PM
personally I'm not that pissed. Carmelo was the only player that could make the Mavs championship caliber, and now that he's gone, there was no other move to put the Mavs ahead of LA/Bos/Miami. So whatever.

Trade for Jackson or Wallace or Prince or whoever, and this team's ceiling is still the WCF.

Just don't shit the bed in the 1st round, and then give LA or SA a good fight in the 2nd round. That's all I'm asking for.

Greg Oden
02-24-2011, 05:16 PM
tbh if the choice came down to standing pat or trading for JR Smith, I'll go with standing pat, tbh.

Acquiring Jackson or Wallace would've been lofty though.

Greg Oden
02-24-2011, 05:20 PM
I'll take that over 2 Jason Terry's getting rotation minutes in the playoffs.

fitzgerald
02-24-2011, 05:21 PM
I think we can compete. That 2nd reliable scorer is going to come back and haunt. It is too much to ask Roddy to be that player this year. Who knows. It just looks like every team has a lot of questions though. Injuries could tip it in so many ways.

monosylab1k
02-24-2011, 05:24 PM
JET at least has the ability to turn it on in the 4th

In the regular season maybe. In the playoffs, JET typically "turns it on" with about 40 seconds to go when the team is down by 12. Then suddenly he's fucking Craig Hodges at a 3 point competition.

Greg Oden
Both play equally bad defense but JET at least has the ability to turn it on in the 4th, about the time peja usually runs and hides. I think peja being part of the playoff rotation will prove to be the biggest blunder yet in recent years.

Well tbh I was talking about having JET and this guy hoisting up shots in the playoffs.

I'd rather have Peja taking contested 3's instead, tbh.

http://ripcityreport.com/wp-content/uploads/nba_g_jrsmith_576.jpg

monosylab1k
I'll take JR Smith over JET any day.

Greg Oden
02-24-2011, 05:25 PM
He takes worse shots and somehow manages to play even worse defense.

monosylab1k
02-24-2011, 05:28 PM
He takes worse shots and somehow manages to play even worse defense.

He's also been known to hit a shot when his team actually needs it from time to time.

monosylab1k
02-24-2011, 05:28 PM
Hey JET, thanks so much for finally hitting a 3 pointer tonight, now we only lose by 10!

Greg Oden
02-24-2011, 05:30 PM
As opposed to JR Smith shooting his team out of the game sometime in the 3rd quarter.

monosylab1k
02-24-2011, 05:30 PM
cAhutJ1ojug

monosylab1k
02-24-2011, 05:31 PM
As opposed to JR Smith shooting his team out of the game sometime in the 3rd quarter.

oh don't act like JET doesn't do that all the time too.

Brazil
02-24-2011, 05:31 PM
i'm pissed to see wallace going to Portland for a peanut bag

Greg Oden
02-24-2011, 05:32 PM
oh don't act like JET doesn't do that all the time too.

Not near as much as Smith, tbqh.

Obstructed_View
02-24-2011, 05:32 PM
All the Mavs need to worry about is being healthy when the playoffs roll around. They're pretty damn good.

FkLA
02-24-2011, 05:33 PM
http://www.cbc.ca/gfx/images/sports/photos/2011/01/20/stojakovic-101124.jpg

:lmao:lmao:lmao

mikeschy55
02-24-2011, 05:50 PM
I would have loved JR Smith but....

a- he's an idiot
b- rick probably would have reduced Roddy's minutes instead of JETs'

.... so in the end, it most likely would have backfired anyway.

HarlemHeat37
02-24-2011, 05:53 PM
The Spurs and Lakers both have serious flaws, just like the Mavs..if Beaubois can play at a high level for an entire series, the Mavs can beat both of them IMO, there isn't a significant gap..

Ghazi
02-24-2011, 05:56 PM
Indifferent. I don't think it's the end of the world

I also think the Mavs are a darkhorse candidate for the Finals.

we're 39-7 w/ Dirk/Chandler, that is an amazing stat IMO

HarlemHeat37
02-24-2011, 06:03 PM
I'm not okay with putting the spurs in a class with the lakers above the mavs at all..small gap or not.

They're all on the same tier at this point, Lakers have no business being a level ahead of either the Spurs or the Mavs..I don't really see any reason for Mavs fans to lack confidence, unless they're basing it entirely on the Mavs' past history..

mardigan
02-24-2011, 06:05 PM
If Carlisle isn't a dumb monkey fuck in this years playoffs and gives Roddy some minutes the Mavs can make a lot of noise still. They have a great number one, plenty of shooters, and bigs who can defend. Still scare me to be honest.

badfish22
02-24-2011, 06:08 PM
I'm ok with it. I was really hoping for a move for Sjax, but realized that probably wasn't going to happen. The Harris and Wallace rumors didn't really get me excited and the JR Smith idea made me vomit.

badfish22
02-24-2011, 06:09 PM
I'm just praying for a miracle in hoping that Terry actually shows up in the playoffs this year.

Giuseppe
02-24-2011, 06:10 PM
^Bad is right. They have enough to legitimately try and finish this. They weren't getting anything that would have transcended them, and they knew it.

Obstructed_View
02-24-2011, 06:12 PM
The Lakers only belong in the conversation with the Spurs and the Mavs because they're the defending champs, and that's more honorary than anything else.

Phillip
02-24-2011, 06:28 PM
They're all on the same tier at this point, Lakers have no business being a level ahead of either the Spurs or the Mavs..I don't really see any reason for Mavs fans to lack confidence, unless they're basing it entirely on the Mavs' past history..

you hit the nail on the head. and its the same reason the Lakers keep getting so much love (simply because they are defending champs), even though they simply arent as good as they used to be. keep in mind they were a bullshit 2nd half away from losing the finals, and have not improved, if anything they have gotten worse by losing Farmar (a guy who could actually create his own offense and put pressure on defenses when Kobe was out), aging, and other teams like the Mavs and Spurs have simply improved. they have clearly lost ground.

Mavs and Spurs right now are without a doubt the class of the West, with the Lakers slightly trailing and Thunder as a dark horse. Boston and Miami are the class of the east with Chicago slightly trailing and the Magic as a dark horse.

monosylab1k
02-24-2011, 06:30 PM

without going too GNSF on this, you have to base things on the Mavs past history. They never learn and never change. Chandler might change things this year, but I'll believe it when I see it.

badfish22
02-24-2011, 06:33 PM

Not necessarily MAVS history, but Jets history, Marions history and Kidds epic flop last year. I think its been proven that until we get another guy that can consistently create his own offense in playoff basketball, we're not going too far. Hopefully Roddy can be that guy, but its a lot to ask.

Giuseppe
02-24-2011, 06:35 PM
The Lakers only belong in the conversation with the Spurs and the Mavs because they're the defending champs, and that's more honorary than anything else.

Trust me, Obs, it beats the Hell outta suffering thru The Skunker.

And you know it, sassafras.

badfish22
02-24-2011, 06:35 PM
tbh I really don't know what exactly too expect from these Mavs in the playoffs. Past failures have taught me to keep my expectations grounded, but they have looked impressive and there is no team in the West that looks completely dominant. I'm anxious as hell for the playoffs to start tbqmfh.

FkLA
02-24-2011, 06:39 PM
Not necessarily MAVS history, but Jets history, Marions history and Kidds epic flop last year. I think its been proven that until we get another guy that can consistently create his own offense in playoff basketball, we're not going too far. Hopefully Roddy can be that guy, but its a lot to ask.

You forgot Peja's history.

Giuseppe
02-24-2011, 06:40 PM
tbh I really don't know what exactly too expect from these Mavs in the playoffs. Past failures have taught me to keep my expectations grounded, but they have looked impressive and there is no team in the West that looks completely dominant. I'm anxious as hell for the playoffs to start tbqmfh.

Chandler is your breaker. Kidd too. He knows this is it for him. They'll lead in tandem.

Obstructed_View
02-24-2011, 06:41 PM
Trust me, Obs, it beats the Hell outta suffering thru The Skunker.

And you know it, sassafras.

Gonna need a translation here.

Jt.ONE
02-24-2011, 08:06 PM
nothing else in the market imo,

either get jax or stay put

The 4cc Dictionary
02-24-2011, 08:13 PM
ha! Mr. Giuseppe meeeeet Mista Bradford

02-24-2011, 08:18 PM
mavs would have pulled ahead of the west if they had gotten sjax. sjax adds defense, toughness, and clutch, which would be a great pairing with dirk. then finally the mavs would be complete. they would have chandler (the defensive presence in the middle), dirk (the superstar), and sjax (the clutch second option). sjax also has championship experience if that helps.

DPG21920
02-24-2011, 08:52 PM
What a slap in the face to Dirk. Cubes dishes out shitty contracts on the reg, then begs Dirk to take less money :lol. So he pays guys that don't deserve it, then takes advantage of his best player ever and doesn't give him full value. What a guy.

Then to pile it on, he tells Dirk I am not taking any money on to increase your chances to win, even though you saved me money and I owe it you. He knows damn well this team can't win a title.

Obstructed_View
02-24-2011, 09:23 PM
mavs would have pulled ahead of the west if they had gotten sjax. sjax adds defense, toughness, and clutch, which would be a great pairing with dirk. then finally the mavs would be complete. they would have chandler (the defensive presence in the middle), dirk (the superstar), and sjax (the clutch second option). sjax also has championship experience if that helps.

Meh, Jack would improve their talent level, but I don't know that the Mavs' demeanor would have been a good environment for him. I could just as easily see him imploding the team as turning them into world-beaters. They've got plenty of talent to challenge anyone for a title, and they've beaten everyone so far.

jjktkk
02-24-2011, 09:25 PM
Meh, Jack would improve their talent level, but I don't know that the Mavs' demeanor would have been a good environment for him. I could just as easily see him imploding the team as turning them into world-beaters. They've got plenty of talent to challenge anyone for a title, and they've beaten everyone so far.

True, for the Mavs its more mental, than physical.