PDA

View Full Version : OKC is gonna be really good now

poop
02-24-2011, 05:27 PM
all they needed was a good defensive big.

now they have a top 5 center and a good backup center. they are going to be raping people now i dont want to face them in round 2.(or ever)

chazley
02-24-2011, 05:28 PM
This makes them a dominant defensive team, but they still have zero lost post scoring. They aren't winning the West or anything.

MiamiHeat
02-24-2011, 05:29 PM
It's Durant's time now.

When he rapes Kobe again, his team will actually be there to support him and win the series so he can finally get all the credit he deserves.

Greg Oden
02-24-2011, 05:31 PM
Hopefully they'll fall in love with the guy and leave Chandler alone, imo.

HarlemHeat37
02-24-2011, 05:56 PM
They're a below average defensive team right now, I don't know if an injured Perkins can elevate them into an elite defensive team..OKC is still a jump shooting team with a weak bench and a mediocre coach..

Ghazi
02-24-2011, 05:57 PM
Perkins is not a top 5 center

Giuseppe
02-24-2011, 05:59 PM

Exactly. He was peculiar to this Boston's championship run. He was emboldened by their bully tactics & vice versa. He's a Boston Celtic. I don't know if that impact metasizes.

TD 21
02-24-2011, 06:10 PM
They're a below average defensive team right now, I don't know if an injured Perkins can elevate them into an elite defensive team..OKC is still a jump shooting team with a weak bench and a mediocre coach..

Perkins should work off some of the rust as the season goes on. I don't think he'll be back to 100% this season either, though. They'll still be better defensively for two main reasons: 1) Even in his current state, Perkins is still a better defender than Krstic. 2) Ibaka now starts and will naturally play more minutes.

Mohammed was an underrated pickup, because he's still productive in limited minutes and is good insurance for Perkins. The trickle down effect of having two true C's means they're no longer small. Ibaka/Collison don't have to play out of position at C and can now play their natural position, PF.

The Thunder did better than anyone today. They're improved their roster by balancing it out. The problem they're going to have is that they no longer have a third scorer (Harden is it by default; Robinson, the other candidate, probably won't be in the rotation), they still don't have a post up scorer and they have even less shooting (in their rotation, at least).

mardigan
02-24-2011, 06:11 PM

x1000

HarlemHeat37
02-24-2011, 06:13 PM
Perkins should work off some of the rust as the season goes on. I don't think he'll be back to 100% this season either, though. They'll still be better defensively for two main reasons: 1) Even in his current state, Perkins is still a better defender than Krstic. 2) Ibaka now starts and will naturally play more minutes.

Mohammed was an underrated pickup, because he's still productive in limited minutes and is good insurance for Perkins. The trickle down effect of having two true C's means they're no longer small. Ibaka/Collison don't have to play out of position at C and can now play their natural position, PF.

The Thunder did better than anyone today. They're improved their roster by balancing it out. The problem they're going to have is that they no longer have a third scorer (Harden is it by default; Robinson, the other candidate, probably won't be in the rotation), they still don't have a post up scorer and they have even less shooting (in their rotation, at least).

I agree that they got better, their frontcourt is a lot better now(from a traditional standpoint), but I wouldn't put them on the same tier as the Spurs/Lakers/Mavs..

Ibaka will have to develop an offensive game in the future IMO, or they will peak as a WCF exit..

TD 21
02-24-2011, 06:19 PM
They're definitely not on the same tier as the Spurs/Lakers. I'd put the Mavs slightly below those two and the Thunder slightly below the Mavs. I do think they've established themselves as the clear cut fourth best team in the West and eighth best team in the league (though they arguably were before this trade). On the precipice of being a contender, but not quite there.

Even if Ibaka develops an offensive game, I can't ever see him being a near 20 ppg scorer, nor the type that you throw it to on the block. I presume they'll re-sign Perkins and obviously Ibaka isn't going anywhere. They've locked themselves into Collison and Aldrich should round out their big rotation next season (Mohammed will likely not be re-signed). If they go with that foursome going forward, then I agree, their peak is as a Conference Finalist. At some point, they've got to get a big who can be their third scorer in order to be a legit contender.

Koolaid_Man
02-24-2011, 06:44 PM
Exactly. He was peculiar to this Boston's championship run. He was emboldened by their bully tactics & vice versa. He's a Boston Celtic. I don't know if that impact metasizes.

yep he was infected by that KG juice....:lol but the nig...I mean the negro is still ugly as fuck...that will never change...

Giuseppe
02-24-2011, 06:45 PM
yep he was infected by that KG juice....:lol but the nig...I mean the negro is still ugly as fuck...that will never change...

Christ-a-mighty, him & that Powe guy were a white man's worst nightmare. They personally turned Walton into what you see today.

JoeTait75
02-24-2011, 06:52 PM
all they needed was a good defensive big.

now they have a top 5 center and a good backup center. they are going to be raping people now i dont want to face them in round 2.(or ever)

They still don't hit the three-point shot well enough. Perk doesn't help them there. Thunder are still bottom 5 in the NBA in three-point percentage.

I guess Boston doesn't need Dewey Howard's kryponite anymore, with Dewey's team not really a factor.

mikeschy55
02-24-2011, 06:54 PM
It's not a deal that really transcends them..... Perkins is good, but he's not great or anything. This trade improves OCK, but I think the top 3 in the west remain the same.

Red Hawk #21
02-24-2011, 07:00 PM
This trade is good for OKC, Perkins will give them toughness and rebounding. And that's something they've needed for a long time. Nate will give them another scoring punch off the bench, but they already have a solid backup point in Eric Maynor.

Booharv
02-24-2011, 07:17 PM
I agree that they got better, their frontcourt is a lot better now(from a traditional standpoint), but I wouldn't put them on the same tier as the Spurs/Lakers/Mavs..

Ibaka will have to develop an offensive game in the future IMO, or they will peak as a WCF exit..

Disagree, Ibaka is already an effective enough offensive player with a solid jumper. He's averaging 14.4 points per 40 minutes. He's not some project who's useless on offense. Also, giving Green's minutes to Ibaka (which should have been happening this year already) will really improve this team, combining that with the huge upgrade over Kristic that Perkins brings and this team will make a big jump.I think they can compete this year. They'll be even better next year though since Perkins is 1 year out from ACL surgery, and this team might need a training camp to gel. They have all the pieces tough elite defensive big men, dominant scorer, top 4 point guard, perimeter stopper, three point shooters, etc. A dominant low post scorer is great but just in the last 10 years the Pistons and Celtics have been consistent contenders/champions without a dominant low post threat.

AidanNelson2009
02-24-2011, 11:04 PM
OKC are going to be a very good team for many years, they are a young team and now with Perkins, they've got a strong line-up.

sefant77
02-24-2011, 11:07 PM
Lets see when/if Perkins is healthy again.

And have fun giving him 40-50 million next summer.

tlongII
02-24-2011, 11:38 PM
Perkins ain't shit. He gives OKC some toughness inside, but that's about it. He's slow and limited offensively.

#41 Shoot Em Up
02-24-2011, 11:57 PM
55 year old bachelors lol

Tyson Chandler's Mom
02-24-2011, 11:59 PM
Son you better start behaving yourself on this board. I didn't raise you to be a foul mouthed fool on the internet. You best shape up before your internet and sweet potato pie privileges are taken away. Oh and whats this i hear about a fight with you and mono...... remember a great man walks away from a fight.

tlongII
02-25-2011, 12:08 AM
I got skillz.

Tyson Chandler's Mom
02-25-2011, 12:21 AM
Where did we go wrong in raising you son... don't you see this kind of language just makes you look dumb. You better shape up soon and stop being such a foul mouth. What was the last time you were in church son? You better go pray for forgiveness before its too late and you ruin your life

Rummpd
02-25-2011, 10:22 AM
Top 5 center??? 6 points, 6 boards, 1.5 blocks career average currently 59th ranked center in PER - Perkins has some strengths but he is mediocre at best.

Amuseddaysleeper
02-25-2011, 10:38 AM
Fail

Perk and Ibaka clog the middle making things difficult for Westbrook and Durant and dont produce any offense themselves.

If either of them had a serviceable 10-15 foot jumper, you might be onto something.

As I stated in another thread, the Thunder still need another reliable 3-baller in order to make some noise out West.

They will also need a low post threat.

cheguevara
02-25-2011, 10:57 AM
gonna be very interesting to see them and Perk together. It's either gonna be an epic FAIL or they gonna be scary.

Red Hawk #21
02-25-2011, 11:05 AM
gonna be very interesting to see them and Perk together. It's either gonna be an epic FAIL or they gonna be scary.

I think it'll take a while but eventually it'll be the latter.

Kyle Orton
02-25-2011, 11:23 AM
Ibaka's mid range shot isn't bad, it's good enough where you can't leave him wide open, but yeah, they need more spacing at the 2-guard.

Killakobe81
02-25-2011, 11:41 AM
How good would a Portland/OKC series be in round one?
Balzers have no size ... but athletes to compete and run with Durant and Westbrook. With Batum and Wallace they probaly have th ebest SF defenders to chase Durant and matthews can do his best on Westbrook. Miller though not a horrid defender will have to guard Harden. No other player from him to defend that makes sense ...